Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bear

14,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

I wish I could become a mod...unfortunatly I have not reported enough forums, e.t.c.

Self-sustaining Simp

PrincessxTeddy

I wish I could become a mod...unfortunatly I have not reported enough forums, e.t.c.

The reporting requirement is a fairly easy one once you get the hang of reporting. I end up reporting things a few times a day just from seeing posts in the topics I've read/threads in the forums I visit. You can often tell by a thread title that it's going to need reporting(eg: someone asking a question about the site in site feedback is misplaced, a thread title of "BUY CHEAP SHOES!" is probably going to be offsite advertising, etc.).

Give it a try and see how you get on with it. If you're unsure of what to report, have a look over the ToS and R&G pages to remind yourself about what is and isn't allowed(you'll need to be very familiar with those pages to become a mod anyway).

It's worth having a go if it's something you're interested in smile

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

close to getting the number of reports in.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
.: [ Do moderators mod the arenas as well? ] :.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
.: [ Also another question, if a user posts a thread in the wrong forum, but there are no replies in the thread and its a few weeks old, is it still worth reporting it to get it moved to the right forum? ] :.
sup-qt

I don't know for sure, but more than likely they mod the entire site depending on their position I'd guess.

As for your second question: Yes, report anything that's misplaced or against ToS. That's what I've been doing.

Fluffy Trash

sup-qt

Yes
sup-qt
.: [ Also another question, if a user posts a thread in the wrong forum, but there are no replies in the thread and its a few weeks old, is it still worth reporting it to get it moved to the right forum? ] :.
It's still reportable. If it's in the wrong forum, it's still where it's not supposed to be, thus reportable.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Zefius
sup-qt

Yes
sup-qt
It's still reportable. If it's in the wrong forum, it's still where it's not supposed to be, thus reportable.

.: [ Awesome.
Thank you for answering both my questions I really appreciate it :]
] :.

Dark Vale's Problem

Wicked Sex Symbol

13,225 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
I apologize for my dumb question. But if you do enough reports, is there a possibility of being a moderator?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

FappJack
I apologize for my dumb question. But if you do enough reports, is there a possibility of being a moderator?
Reporting over 100 violations (in 6 months) is one of the qualifications you need to meet to apply to be a moderator. Moderator positions aren't offered to random users just because they report though. Moderators are only being accepted through self-submitted applications. Once you meet the qualifications listed on the first page of this thread, you'll be able to access the moderator application page. 3nodding

Dark Vale's Problem

Wicked Sex Symbol

13,225 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
Crystal Sparda
FappJack
Reporting over 100 violations (in 6 months) is one of the qualifications you need to meet to apply to be a moderator. Moderator positions aren't offered to random users just because they report though. Moderators are only being accepted through self-submitted applications. Once you meet the qualifications listed on the first page of this thread, you'll be able to access the moderator application page. 3nodding

Ah, Thank you so much dear! I was sure that you had to qualify. Again, Thank you so much for the help!! c: 4laugh
Does the acceptance PM come from the admin NPC, or an actual Gaia admin? I was always curious about this.

I am assuming that if you got too busy IRL and did get the acceptance PM, you could still continue training, right?

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

ChocolatexDoll
Does the acceptance PM come from the admin NPC, or an actual Gaia admin? I was always curious about this.

I am assuming that if you got too busy IRL and did get the acceptance PM, you could still continue training, right?

Historically speaking: actual Gaia Admin.

If you get an acceptance PM, it is up to you whether or not you want to begin the training process. If you are indeed too busy to moderate though, it is advised to not proceed with training as it does take quite the effort to train new moderators (like it is with any job). You are also free to quit training at any time (like if you discover that modding is not for you, etc.).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff