Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Nerd

Is it a violation of the rules if I were to ask someone to put the contract portion into "layman's terms" for me? I am simply rubbish with legal jargon. I glanced over the application and I have the basic idea of what it says but I just want to make sure since it is essentially signing a binding legal document. I am very cautious about being sure I understand something to the fullest extent before I agree to it, even if it is just a mod application on Gaia.

Malevolent Gaian

From what I know, that document you are entering into is a Non-Disclosure Agreement. It is simply a way of keeping information that only the staff should know and retaining it internally, as users should not really be made privy to the fine details of how Gaia operates. I believe that if you are concerned with how it all works, I believe you'd be more than welcome to print out a copy of the Non-Disclosure Agreement, and consult with a lawyer to have them explain the document in better detail to you, and what exactly you are signing into.

Dapper Fatcat

Actually, I have a question, though probably silly. Do posts in guilds count towards the 300 posts you need to apply?

Malevolent Gaian

l Hokuto Shinken l
Actually, I have a question, though probably silly. Do posts in guilds count towards the 300 posts you need to apply?

No, they do not count. The 300 posts to qualify for the application must be made in a forum found in the Gaia Forum Index.

Shameless Nerd

Mashed Potato Jones

I never even thought to do that. Thank you. I mean I know Gaia isn't going to have us sign something ridiculously crazy but still. I'm just super per-cautious like that.

Also, sorry to bother you, but say I do the mod application. Do I have to do it in private in my house? My fiance doesn't get on Gaia but say he is sitting next to me and happens to see it. Can that get me into trouble, since I know that they don't want outside parties knowing the questions and such?

Malevolent Gaian

Pink Peppercorn
Mashed Potato Jones

I never even thought to do that. Thank you. I mean I know Gaia isn't going to have us sign something ridiculously crazy but still. I'm just super per-cautious like that.

Also, sorry to bother you, but say I do the mod application. Do I have to do it in private in my house? My fiance doesn't get on Gaia but say he is sitting next to me and happens to see it. Can that get me into trouble, since I know that they don't want outside parties knowing the questions and such?

You're going to want to do the application alone, yes. The application is for your eyes only, as the application itself I believe is covered by the Non-Disclosure Agreement as well. It's the whole reason they make you agree to it before you can even see the rest of the application.

Shameless Nerd

Mashed Potato Jones

I am glad I asked. Thank you so much for your help.
So you are only to apply with 1 account?

Malevolent Gaian

x-TrinityzWrath
So you are only to apply with 1 account?

Yes, you can only apply on one account at any given time period.

Distinct Entrepreneur

5,525 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
How does one see if they have past warnings/infractions?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Decend

User ImageUser Image

If you ever get any warnings or marks against your account,
                      you'll get a PM from a moderator telling you so.
                      You may also PM a moderator to see how many recent warnings you have.

Distinct Entrepreneur

5,525 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Crystal Sparda
Decend

User ImageUser Image

If you ever get any warnings or marks against your account,
                      you'll get a PM from a moderator telling you so.
                      You may also PM a moderator to see how many recent warnings you have.

Alright, thank you.

Salty Sweetheart

Does anyone have any experience as to how long it takes to get any sort of response regarding the application?

And, umm, do they give rejection letters, if you do not qualify?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

rinlee
Does anyone have any experience as to how long it takes to get any sort of response regarding the application?

And, umm, do they give rejection letters, if you do not qualify?

User ImageUser Image

The last round of applications was quite buggy, so it took a while to get everything sorted out.
                      I think I've heard that under ordinary circumstances, it takes a few months tops, to get a reply.
                      They'll notify you either way, so there shouldn't be much of a reason to worry. emotion_c8

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff