Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Crystal Sparda
Sith Lord Draconis
I know that ordinary users aren't supposed to know the moderating tools, but I just want to know - do you have to learn a fancy programming language like C++ or somesuch, or is it ... Fairly simple, such that you don't need to know an entire programming language to be a mod? Say, for instance, you're a mod and there is a misplaced post and you need to move it to the correct forum, do you have to type in a command or do you use a menu, or is it some combination of this?

User ImageUser Image

Mods don't need to know any special coding to do their duties.
                      I'm pretty sure it is just menus and options they use, not specific coding or commands.

Cool, thank you! biggrin

Salty Sweetheart

Ah, a question.

How do you view how many reports you have made after making 100/applying for a moderator position?

Would PMing a mod be feasible for that? I'm just so curious and I can't see it anymore.

Malevolent Gaian

rinlee
Ah, a question.

How do you view how many reports you have made after making 100/applying for a moderator position?

Would PMing a mod be feasible for that? I'm just so curious and I can't see it anymore.

Why yes, you can PM any moderator to inquire the number of reports that you have submitted. I'm pretty sure you know where to find one, as I've seen you around the Q&A quite frequently.

Salty Sweetheart

Mashed Potato Jones
rinlee
Ah, a question.

Why yes, you can PM any moderator to inquire the number of reports that you have submitted. I'm pretty sure you know where to find one, as I've seen you around the Q&A quite frequently.

Hehe, yeah. I do try to spread the knowledge.

I hope, someday, to be as knowledgeable as you emotion_kirakira

Shirtless Werewolf

17,925 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
If you are a moderator, are you allowed to have an ignore list?

Weeaboo Informer

Jutzu

We still have one, yes. Does we use it? Very rare occasions would one need to add someone to their ignore list, after all, we need to make ourselves available to help anyone that may need to contact us for whatever reason.

Shirtless Werewolf

17,925 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Darien S.
Jutzu

We still have one, yes. Does we use it? Very rare occasions would one need to add someone to their ignore list, after all, we need to make ourselves available to help anyone that may need to contact us for whatever reason.
Okay, thank you.

Beloved Saint

Hai I have a Question but its not about me applying to be one its just this got me confused surprised

3. Q: How do you know if I’m 18 or not? What If I lie?

A: We have many ways of verifying identity. Since moderators are involved in complex relationships and systems of Gaia, they are required to provide additional information to us that allows us to verify their identity. Providing incorrect or falsified information to us in this regard will most likely result in your account being permabanned.

So basically your saying you can trace this kind of stuff. but why is it that there are still a lot of people getting permanently banned , cuz they joke or accused of saying that they are underage/ below 13 still?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

White Mayonnaise
Hai I have a Question but its not about me applying to be one its just this got me confused surprised

3. Q: How do you know if I’m 18 or not? What If I lie?

A: We have many ways of verifying identity. Since moderators are involved in complex relationships and systems of Gaia, they are required to provide additional information to us that allows us to verify their identity. Providing incorrect or falsified information to us in this regard will most likely result in your account being permabanned.

So basically your saying you can trace this kind of stuff. but why is it that there are still a lot of people getting permanently banned , cuz they joke or accused of saying that they are underage/ below 13 still?

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            The answer sort of lies within that Q&A you pasted.
            When users apply to be a mod, they're required to give
            information that would help prove their identity.
            Though, when a user jokes about being underage,
            Gaia is required by law to ban first, check later.
            If a user is 13 or older, it is easier to get evidence and submit
            it to get the ban reversed, but if the user is younger,
            they can't do anything to get their account back until they're
            of age and submit a ticket to get the ban reversed.
            So, basically, users shouldn't be upset if they get banned for
            joking about being underage, because if they aren't, they can
            easily file a ticket and give evidence of them being older.

Moderator applicants must be researched so that the staff
            know that the user is legally allowed to view the inappropriate
            content that many users report, plus mods need to be at least
            18 years of age in order to sign the NDA to confirm they won't
            share the private information they deal with on a daily basis.
            Regular users don't have those responsibilities, so Gaia isn't
            required to do full user investigations on each and every user.
            Also, it would require more work to investigate each individual user,
            as compared to only investigating the ones who get reported.
And on top of that last question about the 'what if I lie?' thing; I'm also certain for those whom get concerned about irl gender(girl avis being guys irl, etc..).. They'll probably not ever count such against you. As long as you submit your actual real life info, no'll ever know anyway besides Gaia staff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff