Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is non-flash? o:

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

Forums/PMs/profile comments.
Basically anything that isn't in the flash worlds (like towns/rally etc)
what does moderators get?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

WowMikeAwesome

Moderators don't get paid in any way (not in gold, items, Gaia Cash or regular currency). Any gold they earn is from browsing the site and any other regular ways any other user earns gold.

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Crystal Sparda
WowMikeAwesome

Moderators don't get paid in any way (not in gold, items, Gaia Cash or regular currency). Any gold they earn is from browsing the site and any other regular ways any other user earns gold.
Partly false. We don't get paid real money, but we do receive Gaia gold in the form of mod pay. Not enough to make us rich(you'd earn far more as a normal user playing BG or the like), but it's a small "thank you" for what we do.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Morbid Gnome
Crystal Sparda
WowMikeAwesome

Partly false. We don't get paid real money, but we do receive Gaia gold in the form of mod pay. Not enough to make us rich(you'd earn far more as a normal user playing BG or the like), but it's a small "thank you" for what we do.

Since I don't know first hand, I've only heard it (from mod's mouths themselves) that they just earn gold pretty much the same way of browsing the site and just while using whatever tools they have is very much the same. I guess just about 5-10 gold for loading a page, be it a regular one or one that has mods tools (its how I interpreted it). I interpreted it that it didn't mean "You get 10k gold for every hour you work" (maybe it is, I dunno xd ) but I just always heard mods say they earn their gold the same way regular users do.
(I use parenthesis too much)

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
I've been seeing a lot of new forum assistants-- Are these upcoming full mods in training? My application has been out for quite a while (It was one of the bugged applications that had to be re-filled out and sent in), and still haven't heard anything.
I was just wondering if they were getting around to picking new mods, is all, or if these people had not applied at all and just got picked to be FA's just because.

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

Definitive Destiny
I've been seeing a lot of new forum assistants-- Are these upcoming full mods in training? My application has been out for quite a while (It was one of the bugged applications that had to be re-filled out and sent in), and still haven't heard anything.
I was just wondering if they were getting around to picking new mods, is all, or if these people had not applied at all and just got picked to be FA's just because.

There is a new training round in progress yes. As for you not getting a reply i am not 100% sure. Everyone should get a reply not matter if they are accepted or rejected. Perhaps you applied after this rounds cut off and therefore will have to wait for next round?

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
angelfromdown-under
Definitive Destiny

There is a new training round in progress yes. As for you not getting a reply i am not 100% sure. Everyone should get a reply not matter if they are accepted or rejected. Perhaps you applied after this rounds cut off and therefore will have to wait for next round?

Cool. Is it possible to contact someone to just make sure that my application went through properly this time? After waiting a year the first time and it was glitched/did not go through properly, I'd prefer to not repeat that...

When I had received the PM saying my first one didn't go through, they said that if I replied within 2 weeks, I would be one of the first people to be reviewed in the new round since I had been waiting so long.

I'm pretty sure it went through, I had gotten the conformation page, but when I revisit the application link it looks as if I could apply again (last time, it wouldn't let me view it but told me when I had applied, so I just want to make sure it went through)

I had originally applied in November of 2010

Invisible Gawker

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I understand you MUST be 18, but say you just turned 18 and you turn in an application on your birthday, would it count or do you have to wait for some time?

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
ShabbyBurrito
I understand you MUST be 18, but say you just turned 18 and you turn in an application on your birthday, would it count or do you have to wait for some time?
It's better to wait until you're 18 before you apply.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff