What if you took a long break?
What happens then?

Can you get Sacked?

Malevolent Gaian

Metal kitty kat
What happens then?

Can you get Sacked?

Moderators do take breaks from time to time, and there is a protocol in place for them to do so. If you go AWOL, then I imagine that you are removed from your position, as you're no longer contributing to the website or your position.
Mashed Potato Jones
Metal kitty kat
What happens then?

Can you get Sacked?

Moderators do take breaks from time to time, and there is a protocol in place for them to do so. If you go AWOL, then I imagine that you are removed from your position, as you're no longer contributing to the website or your position.

what does AWOL means?

Can a mod get sacked?

Malevolent Gaian

Metal kitty kat
Mashed Potato Jones
Metal kitty kat
What happens then?

Can you get Sacked?

what does AWOL means?

Can a mod get sacked?

AWOL means Away Without Leave. It's a term used typically when someone leaves without giving notification as to where they are going, or leaving without permission.

Yes, a moderator can be demoted for any number of reasons.

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

Metal kitty kat
What happens then?

Can you get Sacked?

If you take a long break you lose your title and responsibilities till you come back. I just recently came back from an almost 12 month break xP

And yes...if a mod is abusing their powers or whatever...then they can be "sacked" though this is a volunteer position so i use that term loosely.
where do i apply for it?

Powerhouse

k famas
where do i apply for it?

All the information you need is on the first page, along with the link to the application.

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
k famas
where do i apply for it?

Please read the first page, as all information is there.

3,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
hello my name is joshua hill and ive been on gaia alot and i would love to become a MOD i want to help gaia out on this i am a big fan of gaia and im on here alot use most of my life i am 18 and would love to join the team so plz tell me how i am a active member of this site thanks

COSMOS_ZERO

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100
cosmos_ zero
hello my name is joshua hill and ive been on gaia alot and i would love to become a MOD i want to help gaia out on this i am a big fan of gaia and im on here alot use most of my life i am 18 and would love to join the team so plz tell me how i am a active member of this site thanks

COSMOS_ZERO

As you are 18 feel free to read though all the requirements listed in the first couple of posts to make sure you meet the other criteria. If you do meet them then feel free to apply via the application form.

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I know that ordinary users aren't supposed to know the moderating tools, but I just want to know - do you have to learn a fancy programming language like C++ or somesuch, or is it ... Fairly simple, such that you don't need to know an entire programming language to be a mod? Say, for instance, you're a mod and there is a misplaced post and you need to move it to the correct forum, do you have to type in a command or do you use a menu, or is it some combination of this?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Sith Lord Draconis
I know that ordinary users aren't supposed to know the moderating tools, but I just want to know - do you have to learn a fancy programming language like C++ or somesuch, or is it ... Fairly simple, such that you don't need to know an entire programming language to be a mod? Say, for instance, you're a mod and there is a misplaced post and you need to move it to the correct forum, do you have to type in a command or do you use a menu, or is it some combination of this?

User ImageUser Image

Mods don't need to know any special coding to do their duties.
                      I'm pretty sure it is just menus and options they use, not specific coding or commands.

:::EDIT:::
                      Just as an example, take a look at Guilds.
                      They have their own moderation tools, but you don't need to know coding to use them.
                      The higher up your rank (Forum Assistant > Moderator > Developers > Admin/Artists)
                      the more controls you (probably) have.
                      Though, some details aren't allowed to be shared about tools,
                      I'm fairly positive mods don't need to know much coding for their tasks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff