Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

I have submitted my application. But for some reason when I click the link again it won't tell me the status of my application like it used to. (I've applied before.) Why is this?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Mogaar
I have submitted my application. But for some reason when I click the link again it won't tell me the status of my application like it used to. (I've applied before.) Why is this?

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Not sure about the reason why it isn't showing,
but I have asked a mod about it and they said that
there shouldn't be anything to worry about and apps are going through.

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
I would like to apply for being a assistant moderator,I am 18 above.I would be glad to help and serve gaia.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
-PR0D1G3T1C-
I would like to apply for being a assistant moderator,I am 18 above.I would be glad to help and serve gaia.
If you are seeking to become a Forum Assistant, there is no form to apply for such a position. Gaia assigns them when they are needed.

7,900 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
ok i think we should have it to many ppl are swearing

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

peacechick3
ok i think we should have it to many ppl are swearing

Have what? If you don't like seeing users swear, you may go to your account settings and change your word filter settings. Cursing/swearing isn't against Gaia rules, just so long as it isn't directed towards another user. One last thing, this thread is for asking questions related to applying to become a moderator, not for discussing opinions on word filtering. If you have any further questions that aren't related to the mod app, but are still related to Gaia, you may create a thread in the Questions & Assistance forum.

Versatile Lunatic

What if I don't encounter enough situations to report T.o.S. violations? I generally keep to myself and my small group of friends, and I don't visit the forums much in order to avoid such situations.

Weeaboo Informer

There's plenty of violations everywhere around the site, it's sometimes a matter of looking at something a bit differently than you normally would to see it may be a violation. Spam, misplaced threads, signatures that exceed the allowed limit, flaming/trolling/abuse, that all happens every day in multiple places on Gaia, you just might have to look harder. However, being involved (the cleaning up part) with those types of situations comes with the job, so if you wish to avoid being around those different types of environments you're not comfortable/familiar with, then you may want to think about what all a moderator handles. You can, and more than likely will, be moved out of your "comfort zone" in order to handle various things that come around, after all that's part of the gig.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Musical Anarchy
What if I don't encounter enough situations to report T.o.S. violations? I generally keep to myself and my small group of friends, and I don't visit the forums much in order to avoid such situations.

Users wanting to apply should have reported at least 100 violations, 50 of which need to be in forums, PMs, or comments. It isn't an unreasonable number, as there are many many violations that occur every day. Reporting violations helps the moderators and staff decide if you know how to tell different violations apart. If you don't venture into the forums very often, it isn't exactly the best idea to apply to become a mod. Moderators deal with so many forum reports, they need to know how to deal with the reports, and being unfamiliar with forums makes it a lot more complicated. Even Forum Assistants (users with pink names) need to know their way around the forums, as their only duty is to move threads to their proper forum. I kindly suggest you head into some forums that pique your interest (Computers & Tech forum if you're into technical things, Entertainment forum if you enjoy watching tv and movies, etc) and you read up on the forum rules and if you notice something that doesn't belong, report it. Reporting is simple and it helps the mods keep the forums clean, so it is best to help the mods before planning on becoming one. 3nodding
Once you feel comfortable with dealing with reports and you know you can qualify to become a mod, go ahead and fill in an app! Gaia is probably always in need of more volunteers, so they'll keep the app open as long as they need them.

Powerhouse

Musical Anarchy

You will need to branch out into other areas of the forums if you find you're not encountering enough violations to report. Moderators have a certain amount of work expected of them so it wouldn't look too good if you're not even meeting the application requirement.

You can report misplaced threads and spam posts too remember, things which are everywhere unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff