Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'd have to say my favorite is Final Fantasy VI but it was known as Final Fantasy III on the SNES the reason I love it so much is the storyline and watching my brother play it c;
Well FFVII is my favorite because idk it's awesome x3 (also Cloud Strife's my fave character) and i like FFXIII because it was a hard game and I loved the ending ^.^

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
i would have 2 say Final Fantasy VII was my favorite i don't really know why i tryed 2 play the game after that 1 Final Fantasy VIII & it just wasn't the same 2 me besides alot of people must of liked Final Fantasy VII because they made a movie 4 a sequel 2 the game. biggrin
Honestly, Final Fantasy IX is my personal favorite. It isn't as popular as I wish it was, but I can understand why, having it released at the end of the PS1's era.
This game is near perfection for me. Gameplay-wise it still holds all the standard Final Fantasy tropes, but the changes to it like the simple Ability system and even just having a party of 4 characters helped things along. The Chocobo Hot & Cold minigame is by far the most fun and rewarding sidequest line I've played, and even the card game, though stale, still gave a little bit of variety (btw, online Tetra Master? Please? Thank you)
The music? Out of this freaking world. Uematsu completely outdid himself on every track and every senario. It remains to this day the only video game OST I actually shelled out to have physical copies of. Seriously, see what you've been missing.
Graphically I'll admit it isn't the greatest. It is a huge improvement over FF7 and FF8, but still uses prerendered graphics for most scenes. Thankfully the sprites do blend easier, and animations are suprisingly smooth. The tone has been described as 'bright and kid friendly', but I feel that is just the whiplash from the 2 previous dark and moody games (and anyone who says Memoria or the Iifa Tree is cartony has obviously never gotten that far)
Where this game stands out though is the story. The world FF9 creates is heavily reminiscent of your standard fantasy worlds, and has call backs to older Final Fantasties. It is very open and magical, but still has grounds in reality, even if it is sometimes cruel and miserable. And that is the main theme of Final Fantasy IX and why it is so powerful. Final Fantasy 7 focused on the impact someone has after death, and 8 is about dealing with tragidies, 9 takes the whole cake and literally focuses on the circle of life and death itself, and what life and the memories taken from life can mean.

tl;dr, FF9 is jut plain amazing, at least to me. There must be some reason the Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi said it was the closest to his original idea, right?

Original Shapeshifter

7,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
final fantasy 4 because i can relate to cecil the most
Final Fantasy 9 heart
I love the story line and the characters (Zidane) and how they interact.
Before that FF7 was my favourite
Final Fantasy IX, for me, without a doubt. Such a great game. Fantastic characters all around, beautiful music, wonderful story.. it really had everything. Followed by XII, VIII, IV, XIII-2, then X. <3
*shamble*

Oh boy, my favorite FF. that has to be FFVI, without a doubt. The story is entertaining, the cast of characters is both large and memorable, the individual move sets they have are distinct (to say nothing of their desperation attacks), and its the only game in the series to not only have a villain I actively hated for his actions, and also succeeds in completeing his goals. Further, the story is one of the darkest in FF history, and has absolutely no qualms about kicking the characters when they're down (see the phantom train and the death of Cid for my favorite examples).

*shamble*

In close second is FF9. I love the story (dark, again) and the characters are all interesting. I really like how they did the skill system, even if it does occasionally lead to you hamdicapping yourself to get a skill. Kuja is ad much a pretty b***h as Sephiroth was, without being such a whiner.

For both games, I would be remiss if I fidn't point out the amazing musical scores. Even though 6 is bitchip, the music is amazing.
To be honest, for me it's a tie between 6 and 7. Both have their strengths and weaknesses and both plots still hold up today. If there's one thing I can criticize 7 on it is it's graphics, they've aged horribly. razz

Angelic Raider

1,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Final Fantasy IX. It has been my favorite since I was 5 years old, and it's also the first video game I ever played. Both story and characters are great.
ff5 is my fav i enjoyed its so much arrow biggrin biggrin

shane12012's Partner

Tricky Shapeshifter

20,925 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Bonfire Starter 500
I like FF Vll, X, lV, Vl, Xlll. They all have great story line and game play. Plus the people in them. heart I have played all the games and these are the best. whee

Desirable Lover

9,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
XIII-2 because Caius. emotion_kirakira
and IV because everything.
Final Fantasy: Phoenix Dance

http://youtu.be/W3HTe-0n6Go

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items