Welcome to Gaia! ::

PotO in Paris! Yea or Nay?

Yeah dude! 0.48583877995643 48.6% [ 669 ]
Nope 0.064633260711692 6.5% [ 89 ]
Who cares? 0.2236746550472 22.4% [ 308 ]
FRENCH CAST ALBUM NEED 0.22585330428468 22.6% [ 311 ]
Total Votes:[ 1377 ]

Obsessive Kitten

In honor of Valentine's Day I drew you guys a sexy Erik.

I'll be the Music of YOUR Night!

Just a quick sketch but enjoy anyway.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Mmmm, yeah. Nothing quite like dat corpse body!

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I survived another year while keeping single! But smexy Erik (^)^

Obsessive Kitten

Don't think of it as being single, think of it as another year being faithful to the Angel of Music.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
whee

Speaking of, I still have to show my friend the 25th concert. She's going with me to see the tour, but hasn't seen the show before. I'm making sure she knows what's it's supposed to look like first.

Obsessive Kitten

"See all this right here? See that costume? You'll never see it again. Nope, not when we go, not ever. Enjoy."

Luckily my mother's a good sport and has suffered with me through every version I could get my hands on (except Rat King Erik, thank god she wasn't home the day I watched that) so she knows more or less what to expect when we see it in November.

Luckily as well, the old theater in New Orleans have finally opened up again. It's so lavish, I think it's a perfect setting for putting on PotO.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Ugh, don't remind me. I have a phriend who's appalled by the costume butchery going on. But, you know what? That's why we have bootleg versions of the good old show - and the semi-25th not screwing it around too much with it.

Yeah, there's only one or two versions I haven't seen (Not touching the rat's - NOT EVAR!) and I still want to see the entire David Staller (without the sound going out on me) . . . and I think I've seen all the others. I'm still kinda terrified of showing my mom the Paradise one - she lived through that time - and she'd more than likely end up giving me the "you should get rid of that dvd because of the bad content" spheel. (Swan, you dog).

Take pictures of the theatre!! I'm a stickler for old buildings (especially theatres, but that's my major so. Eh). smile
Haha. The rats is an interesting watch. I did it for amusement. Best with a friend to laugh with you.

I found a collection of classic old movies with The Phantom straight across the DVD cover the other day at a store. Had to pick up a copy (I own 1925 Phantom, but the others are cool to have.)

Still have been meaning to do a full phantom of the opera photo shoot, but haven't had the time with my jobs. One day.

5,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
Hmm hey...I just saw it in New York 3 weeks ago!

Beautiful costumes and sets. Only complaint was that I couldn't follow what any words the ladies were singing except the stern ballet instructor.
mrgreen

Beloved Hunter

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Haromi
Hmm hey...I just saw it in New York 3 weeks ago!

Beautiful costumes and sets. Only complaint was that I couldn't follow what any words the ladies were singing except the stern ballet instructor.
mrgreen

I've wanted to see it in New York for ages! I've seen was the one in Vegas before it closed in 2012; have you seen it? Simply amazing heart

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Incidentally today is both Bruce Wayne's and Hugh Panaro's birthday.

. . . there's something awesome in this, but my brain just can't grasp it.

Fanatical Visionary

I'm surprised nobody in here has mentioned this yet, but there's a new Gaia half-mask item in the new chance item...

..it's called The Indifference of Death...

...This is the link...The Link

Now, I don't know about you guys, but I love it... and I want it.

whee

Obsessive Kitten

Hugh Panaro is Batman? Batman and Erik are both "The Night". Does that make The Persian, Alfred? Oh my.

Purplegnomes: Oh, so there is. It's very pretty. There aren't enough half masks on Gaia.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Ohhh~ it is. It's on the correct side of the face too.
YO. GUISE. I'M BACK. And I've seen the tour!!!!!

Here's the post I made on Tumblr about it:

Quote:
The Trio
Cooper: Like Ramin with a sense of pitch. Falling in and out of favor with me. Nice sofly menacing moments. Learn to mask your accent, man!
Julia: Pop singer on the staff, classical diva above it. Good cadenza.
Ben: Are aggressive Raouls the fashion these days? Definitely the best singer of the three.
Number by number
Prologue: Gosh the dialogue is so WEIRD. O look a monkey flower!
Overture: WHAT. THAT IS NOT THE CHANDELIER. JUST STOP. Clever staging…
Hannibal/ToM: Looks a lot like Maria.
AoM: Is Erik creeping on ALL the ballet girls now?
Mirror: Ooh a pivot!
Title song: WIG! WIG! I actually like the staging in this one. It looked like the stairs were appearing from NOWHERE omfe
MotN: Nnnnnnnnno. That is not how you lair. That set is just tackHOLY LEROUX IN PARIS IS THAT THE IRON TREE!?!?!? Not a fan of the blindfold. lol dantasies
STYDI: Oh so Erik randomly hangs out with his mask off with Christine in the house? ok
Lasso: fine
Notes: Please Turn Over! THANK you!
Prima Donna: The changing behind the screen thing is clever.
Il Muto: Thank GOODNESS they didn’t use the pillowcases. Erik being too obvious…
AIAOY: APOLLO’S LYRE!!!! APOLLO’S FREAKING LYRE!!!!!!!!!
Reprise: wtf did you just destroy the house?????????
Masquerade: I AM DISAPPOINT. Everybody’s in generic fancy dresses and there’s no VARIETY or FUN. Booooo. And you guys really weren’t lying about the Red Guest. He looks like Gaston!
Giry’s story: fine
Notes II: THAT SLAP THO. Christine ain’t havin’ none of your s—t!
Sitzprobe: Wwwwwhhhhaaaahhhhtttt? Did they just make the whole player piano thing happen in Christine’s head? I don’t know what’s going on here but I like it.
WYWSHA: don’t blink
Wandering Child: omfg yes the trio is back in. I have no idea what happened with the flames thing… what the what?
BtP: dat shadow >3
Don Juan/PoNR: I. Like. This. Minimal costume/set alterations and the staging is SEXY AS HELL.
Final Lair: errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr… errrrrr… not sure what to say about this. Is Erik trying to rape Christine or something? Ew. That is not how you get her affection. Even book!Erik knew that. I do like the “Christine I love you” when he doesn’t know she’s behind him. And DAT VANISH. Although Meg was holding it for way too long…
Overall…. three stars.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces