Welcome to Gaia! ::

PotO in Paris! Yea or Nay?

Yeah dude! 0.48583877995643 48.6% [ 669 ]
Nope 0.064633260711692 6.5% [ 89 ]
Who cares? 0.2236746550472 22.4% [ 308 ]
FRENCH CAST ALBUM NEED 0.22585330428468 22.6% [ 311 ]
Total Votes:[ 1377 ]

Obsessive Kitten

So we've got another Phantom item: http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10026639

And this looks like it could be a Christine item but I don't know: http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10027657

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Friday_Dora
Catherine_de_Silver
Hey - does anyone know who was playing the Phantom in the 2003 US tour?

It's driving me crazy - was it Gary Mauer, or Davis Gaines?

Now I'm confused because I thought it was Brad Little. gonk

Maybe it was - I'm just guessing. My iPod was on shuffle and MOTN came up - from the 2003 tour - with no actor attached. So, Brad Little - sweet.

Oh! Tonight I get to show my friend the anniversary concert DVD - preping her for the tour . . . which I'm once again not so sure of.

10,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
*Adds items to wishlist*

I'll get my roommates to watch the Anniversary DVD with me one day...! *raises fist*

Invisible Genius

9,600 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hero 100
Is there a list somewhere of all the Phantom (or Phantom-like) items?

I've loved the Phantom of the Opera since I was 13. Which makes nearly ten years now... My first introduction was the movie, which I know some people dislike as a number of people that I know despise Gerard Butler as The Phantom. I still adore the movie. I read the book after and have seen the recorded anniversary stage version. Someday I will see it live. Someday. I think part of my love for Phantom was a discovery that I can sing all of Christine's parts.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Yay - moar Phantom items!!

So, last night I had a friend watch the 25th concert with me, to prep for that horrid tour coming along. Needless to say I had to insert "this is what really happens here". "this set piece is what should be here", and so on and such forth. Then I showed her the original MOTN music video with Crawford and Brightman, then Hugh on Broadway. biggrin Wonderful night.

And then I had to wake up to a wonderful headache from being up till 2. Needless to say, I regret nothing Phantom.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
GUYS! HUGH IS LEAVING MAY 12!!!!!!

Hugh - is - leaving - ?

I'm sobbing right now. I know having a new cast will be great - but I wanted to go back and see Hugh.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
I've never seen Hugh, but he always seems to come back to Phantom... I'm sure he'll return again. wink

Right now my head is just trying to make sense of the new pair - they were Ariel and King Triton. So Erik is Christine's dad???

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Friday_Dora
I've never seen Hugh, but he always seems to come back to Phantom... I'm sure he'll return again. wink

Right now my head is just trying to make sense of the new pair - they were Ariel and King Triton. So Erik is Christine's dad???

Just like the 04 movie.
RunsfromchandelierandPunjab
I'm excited for Norm. I think he's going to be awesome!

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Catherine_de_Silver
Friday_Dora

Just like the 04 movie.
RunsfromchandelierandPunjab

No I totally get it if you're making reference to the fact that Christine's father is Ramin. lol

I really like Norm and I can't wait to see him in full Phantom mode.

Obsessive Kitten

So I found this. It's not complete yet, in fact they're running a kickstarter right now to get the money to complete it. The trailer looks pretty good though.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Oh! I've seen that around!

It's more Leroux based (with Leroux taking the role of the narrator). I think it would be great to help fund it if I had any money.

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
That looks awesome. biggrin A vast improvement over the other animated version, lol. When I get my tax refund I may have to chip in enough for a digital version of the film...
@Hugh leaving: SAD. SO SAD. But I have Bway Phantom tickets on Monday so I dearly hope he's there then. Paul and Jeremy both think he will be.

@Cartoon: I want it.

@In other news: AH GOT A PICTURE WITH JEREMY STOLLEEEEE
User Image

Obsessive Kitten

You guys are so lucky you can see Broadway Phantoms. Wish I could've seen one of Hugh's performances, from all the gifsets I see about him on Tumblr the man must be a legend.

And that's a cute picture, Ela!

So I finally got my hands on the last of the Phantom plushes that CVS put out years ago.

User Image

15" (left), 10" (center), 16" (right)

I've had the littlest guy since about 2005 (all the stuff on his mask has long come off, the biggest one is getting to that point too from poor storage) and I can't remember when I got the 15" one. The biggest one's like holding a baby, he's got some heft to him. My trio of Eriks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff