Who cares? 0.2236746550472 22.4% [ 308 ]
FRENCH CAST ALBUM NEED 0.22585330428468 22.6% [ 311 ]
Total Votes:[ 1377 ]

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I did not like the blindfold thing in MOTN - it seemed unnecessary, and rather awkward. As in borderline stalker and creeper.

I know they want to make it "fresh and new" - but sometimes leaving it as is is also perfectly fine too.

[For the Rabbit thing - wish I cold join in, but this late at night I try not to be online. Usually I'm off by 10, but I'm way behind on things today.]

Fluffy Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Phantom

13,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bookworm 100
Hello, fellow Phans!

Could y'all give me some advice/assistance on creating a Christine Daae avatar, when she is traveling to Erik's home? But I want her to be blonde and blue eyed, as per the novel ^^

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
OMG I can't believe I found this. I'm reading the book at the moment. As usual, Webber ruined everything. I love him.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Greetings fellow phans.

Started school up again. One of the girls in my creative writing poetry class is a phan. I uttered the word Phantom and she latched on to "The Phantom of the Opera". We had a discussion after class Tuesday, with plans to do a movie night some Thursday after class.

I'm thinking of starting out with "Phantom of the Paradise" - or the animated version (which she'd never heard of). Working up to reading the book.

Any other versions to show her? (I really wanna do the Toby Dinar's version, but I don't have access to a copy of the DVD/film. If anyone knows a phellow phan I could borrow it from that'd be phantastic too.)

Snack

Catherine_de_Silver
Greetings fellow phans.

Started school up again. One of the girls in my creative writing poetry class is a phan. I uttered the word Phantom and she latched on to "The Phantom of the Opera". We had a discussion after class Tuesday, with plans to do a movie night some Thursday after class.

I'm thinking of starting out with "Phantom of the Paradise" - or the animated version (which she'd never heard of). Working up to reading the book.

Any other versions to show her? (I really wanna do the Toby Dinar's version, but I don't have access to a copy of the DVD/film. If anyone knows a phellow phan I could borrow it from that'd be phantastic too.)

I too had no idea there was an anime adaptation! Though I really shouldn't be surprised by this point.

Is it any fun?

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Skadi Sundermount
Catherine_de_Silver
Greetings fellow phans.

I too had no idea there was an anime adaptation! Though I really shouldn't be surprised by this point.

Is it any fun?

It's absolutely delightful. (And more accurate than the Webber version.)

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Alright - sound off!

YOUR Top three actors who played Phantom?

Mine:
1. Hugh Panaro
2. Tim Martin Gleason
3. Dallyn Vail Bailes

Westice's Honey Bun

Obsessive Bibliophile

28,575 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I started a giveaway thread for my Phantom of the Opera-based item today. Join me there, if you like! =D

Westice's Honey Bun

Obsessive Bibliophile

28,575 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Also, in vaguely Phantom-related news: I got a new voice teacher recently, and am starting to learn Ah! Je veux vivre, the aria that cartoon Christine sang because the producers of said cartoon seem to have decided not to shell out the big bucks for Faust. Or they just liked the big aria in Romeo and Juliet more. Who knows? The point is, I get to pretend to be cartoon Christine. Good times.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I hope the giveaway went well. (If I'd known sooner, I would have made some time to pop over.)

Can't wait for October! Phantom movies galore!

Oooo - anyone up for watching one together via rabb.it or tiny chat or something?

Westice's Honey Bun

Obsessive Bibliophile

28,575 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Catherine_de_Silver
I hope the giveaway went well. (If I'd known sooner, I would have made some time to pop over.)

Well, approximately no-one has come over, so, if you feel like stopping in, the support would be much-appreciated! cat_sweatdrop

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Fluxit Aqua et Sanguine
Catherine_de_Silver

Well, approximately no-one has come over, so, if you feel like stopping in, the support would be much-appreciated! cat_sweatdrop

Wow! I can hang out for a little bit right now. (To avoid the homework bug.)

Also - I was talking to my American Gothic professor (yup that's a legit class. And yup - the books we have to read, to me, are utter garbage and I hate them) - about doing Phantom/French Gothic as a class. While pondering it he brought up the "various adaptations out there".

My question for all of you: Which version would you recommend to use for a class setting?
(Bantu, Mirabelle...etc.)

Blessed Hunter

I screamed for a moment, realizing there's a Phantom of the opera thread. Never expected to find one, let alone one with this many pages.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
EllieAyla
I screamed for a moment, realizing there's a Phantom of the opera thread. Never expected to find one, let alone one with this many pages.

We had another one that was longer once.

Welcome to the phandom!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces