Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyday Cat

MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
Yeah, they increased daily chance.
They also added a bunch of the Heart Charm items to it. Which really sucks. I was making millions farming them and now they're worthless ;__;

I wouldn't call 120 million worthless, even in Gaia. I sold the ones I got from DC right away and it's gone up since then by 15 million. Both the star and heart one I sold. I have 250m now. I'm happy. Not that that's really significant in comparison to my inventory worth. Even less significant is my gold spending here. I mostly just use it to bribe users to do dumb things for me like write something for me or pick out real life outfits for me.

When I got up this morning they were seriously down to 10mil. Artists won't even consider a sketch for less than 500mil last I checked, it's probably worse now.
So 120mil certainly can be worthless depending on what one needs the gold for...

If you want a sketch, don't get it on Gaia. There's a bunch of high school kids you can milk for art for a $1 a pop and they'll put a lot more effort into it, and their skill is typically up to par.
I don't have money for RLC so I'm kinda stuck trying to bribe with what little gold I have... Gah, since when is 1.7bil "little"... ._. I even have a never ending list of items I'm offering too. But I've just had no luck in half a year now gonk
Scriptkitten
I don't have money for RLC so I'm kinda stuck trying to bribe with what little gold I have... Gah, since when is 1.7bil "little"... ._. I even have a never ending list of items I'm offering too. But I've just had no luck in half a year now gonk

You could earn so much money in the time you waste earning virtual cash. You should never earn virtual cash for something outside of a closed entertainment environment in which you enjoy the process of earning the currency. For example, back when I was in college I fixed iPhones and made duct tape fashion items for spending money. A hell of a lost faster than playing booty grab for hours or whatever it is you people do for gold here. I'm guessing you, ideally, earn $20 USD worth of gaia gold a week? Try making that much an hour, a few times a week. It's doable in the real world then you can just go buy some virtual items and sell them.

Everyday Cat

MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten

You could earn so much money in the time you waste earning virtual cash. You should never earn virtual cash for something outside of a closed entertainment environment in which you enjoy the process of earning the currency. For example, back when I was in college I fixed iPhones and made duct tape fashion items for spending money. A hell of a lost faster than playing booty grab for hours or whatever it is you people do for gold here. I'm guessing you, ideally, earn $20 USD worth of gaia gold a week? Try making that much an hour, a few times a week. It's doable in the real world then you can just go buy some virtual items and sell them.
I was selling some bracelets I made for a time, but I had to quit because I was selling at my workplace and that's never a good idea.
I do enjoy finding ways to make virtual currency. I mean made half a billion off gold shop items last week. But I also enjoy buying artwork and surprising Ry with it. It appears I can't have both anymore.
If a certain person wasn't keeping tabs on my spending, I'd have a wonderful collection >.<
Scriptkitten

If a certain person wasn't keeping tabs on my spending, I'd have a wonderful collection >.<

And you'd also have no money. I wish I had someone to manage my funds. I just have someone managing my Magic cards.

Everyday Cat

MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten

And you'd also have no money. I wish I had someone to manage my funds. I just have someone managing my Magic cards.
oh no, he doesn't manage anything. He just nags me on my spending habits and makes me unable to purchase fun things. He's a control freak but I have no way to take him off my account. D:
1.) Withdraw all money and close bank account.
2.) Open new one only in your name. Put funds there.
3.) Tell (I'm guessing your boyfriend) to treat you like, you know, a human being. Or just leave them. If you've already tried the former, do the latter. Abuse is never acceptable.

Everyday Cat

MyNameIsKir
3.) Tell (I'm guessing your boyfriend) to treat you like, you know, a human being. Or just leave them. If you've already tried the former, do the latter. Abuse is never acceptable.
What? No, it isn't the bf. It's family. Which complicates things even more, because this particular family member has the authority to throw me out on the streets if I start any trouble. I'm afraid to just close out bank accounts willy-nilly anyway. Other banks seem to charge for EVERYTHING I swear!
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir
What? No, it isn't the bf. It's family. Which complicates things even more, because this particular family member has the authority to throw me out on the streets if I start any trouble. I'm afraid to just close out bank accounts willy-nilly anyway. Other banks seem to charge for EVERYTHING I swear!

I was in the same exact situation. So you know what I did? I closed that account, made a new one at the same bank, put the money in there (all of this at no charge), then moved to San Francisco.

No one, not even your family, has the right to abuse you. My family is full of control freaks too. My parents and grandparents still try to enforce things against me. But I just don't put up with it. I still love them but in the end, abusive behavior is never acceptable. And by allowing yourself to be in such a situation when you have all the resources to change it in you abusing yourself. You have everything you need to get out of there. Hell, I even offered you a place to stay and referenced you to a guy who expressed that he would love to hire you.

Everyday Cat

MyNameIsKir
Scriptkitten
MyNameIsKir

I was in the same exact situation. So you know what I did? I closed that account, made a new one at the same bank, put the money in there (all of this at no charge), then moved to San Francisco.

No one, not even your family, has the right to abuse you. My family is full of control freaks too. My parents and grandparents still try to enforce things against me. But I just don't put up with it. I still love them but in the end, abusive behavior is never acceptable. And by allowing yourself to be in such a situation when you have all the resources to change it in you abusing yourself. You have everything you need to get out of there. Hell, I even offered you a place to stay and referenced you to a guy who expressed that he would love to hire you.

The problem is that the bank in question won't let me have my own account. I could only get this one because he's on it. so I'd have to switch to some other one, and every other bank I've looked at has a lot of ******** fees for *everything*.
But switching banks now would cause a ton of trouble with my paychecks from work as well as my bills so for the time being I'll leave it be.
Scriptkitten

The problem is that the bank in question won't let me have my own account. I could only get this one because he's on it. so I'd have to switch to some other one, and every other bank I've looked at has a lot of ******** fees for *everything*.
But switching banks now would cause a ton of trouble with my paychecks from work as well as my bills so for the time being I'll leave it be.

Skitten. Stop. Seriously. Stop with the BS excuses. Excuses should never, ever be said. Instead of focusing on the problems, focus on the solutions. Can't find the solutions? Ask for help. Stop
throwing people's aid away just because you'd rather stay in your "safe" cage. It's incredibly stupid. In fact, it's horrible. It's horrible not only to yourself, but to those around you. The best comparison I can think of is it's as if you regularly used a form of heroin that has second hand smoke in public settings. Seriously, only one person here upsets me more than you do, and you know that drama.

Go to a credit union. Problem solved.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
The basic accounts at Chase are free if you get a direct deposit at least once a month and my account even has (or had, anyway) free checks. Most credit unions are even better at that sort of thing, and wells fargo would be happy to help you out.

I also doubt the employer would make a fuss about changing your direct deposit tab.
WWLink
I also doubt the employer would make a fuss about changing your direct deposit tab.

And if they did (which they won't, it's about as big of a deal as you changing your address or last name), you can pull a lawyer out on them.
So why did this fixed have access to your account?
Dreadpirate Chris Roberts
So why did this boyfriend have access to your account?

Scriptkitten
What? No, it isn't the bf. It's family.
MyNameIsKir
Dreadpirate Chris Roberts
So why did this person have access to your account?

Scriptkitten
What? No, it isn't the bf. It's family.

fixed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out