Welcome to Gaia! ::

I thought that i would hail the day youtube gets rid of this slow a** piece of s...oftware that's called flash - but what they implemented using HTML and JavaScript is even slower? The ********?

Edit: seems it runs slightly faster in FF than in Opera (I'll blame that on the 11 additional tabs that are open in Opera), still slower than Flash, though.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
The20
I thought that i would hail the day youtube gets rid of this slow a** piece of s...oftware that's called flash - but what they implemented using HTML and JavaScript is even slower? The ********?

Edit: seems it runs slightly faster in FF than in Opera (I'll blame that on the 11 additional tabs that are open in Opera), still slower than Flash, though.

What? o_o;; When did they do that? I have yet to see this change reflected on my tube. Does the interface look any better different?
Ashimakase
The20

What? o_o;; When did they do that? I have yet to see this change reflected on my tube. Does the interface look any better different?
Yes.
http://www.youtube.com/html5
The20

http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/WebM-vs.-H.264-A-Closer-Look-68594.aspx

Take that with a grain of salt, it is more than a year old on those benchmarks. Drivers and browser implementations are likely much better now.
back out of customer's driveway.
Bellingham has retardedly slim roads and everyone parks on the street because they can.
I don't see it, back into a mailbox.

Mailbox is fine, but currently my back window is only being held together by the adhesive on the wrap i had put on it a while ago.

After all the s**t going wrong with it, I'm just going to sell the damn thing.
Hmm. Is there an easy way to check if network hardware is gigabit or not? I'm getting my internet connection upgraded to 100Mbps soon, and given my multiple machines, I'll need a gigabit network to take full advantage. I just want to find out if I need to upgrade anything.
Transfer large files across your local network?
Check up on your MODB specs.

Original Gaian

Disconsented
I think he means his internet speed will be upgraded and wants to make sure his intranetwork is capable of handling that.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Gabriel Faust
Disconsented
I think he means his internet speed will be upgraded and wants to make sure his intranetwork is capable of handling abusing that.
Read headline "Two dead in Denmark piracy raid", think "Why did two people die when police raided the basement of some guy who was pirating software, music and/or movies?"

This can't be a good sign ...
Sonic Offline
Gabriel Faust
Disconsented
I think he means his internet speed will be upgraded and wants to make sure his intranetwork is capable of handling abusing that.

Hehe, yeah. A little bit. But the main part I'm worried about (I already know my desktop's fine for it; laptop's not, but doesn't need to be since it's wireless anyway) is the little cheap-a** switch I have in my room. Goes between the wall socket and my desktop, server and 360. If it's not capable, I'll need to upgrade it before July. Trouble is, it's completely generic. There's not even so much as a Chinese company on it. So it's impossible to check up on online. Just wondering if there's any software I could run that'll check.

Pretty sure my router's good for it, too. ********. Nope. Ah well, it's a bit s**t anyway. Also, I think they provide us with a new one when they do it.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Has the extra day just brought out the stupid or something?

I've had one bloke who I'd love to shotgun in the nuts because he will not believe that Lenovo are more than s**t even when provided with a link to PC Advisor (I'm sure they have international readship) saying that Lenovo win Budget Laptop of 2012, advice on what truly s**t tech support is (seriously having them call you liars and having them change the story every damned email is s**t), and having his logic turned on him. I've given up on this dude.

Apparently I'm jealous because I called two "celebrities" I've never heard of "Greater Spotted Oompah Loompahs". Also apparently cats are into interspecies ******** if some other comments are to be believed.

I'm going to go despair now at humanity.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Has the extra day just brought out the stupid or something?

I've had one bloke who I'd love to shotgun in the nuts because he will not believe that Lenovo are more than s**t even when provided with a link to PC Advisor (I'm sure they have international readship) saying that Lenovo win Budget Laptop of 2012, advice on what truly s**t tech support is (seriously having them call you liars and having them change the story every damned email is s**t), and having his logic turned on him. I've given up on this dude.

Apparently I'm jealous because I called two "celebrities" I've never heard of "Greater Spotted Oompah Loompahs". Also apparently cats are into interspecies ******** if some other comments are to be believed.

I'm going to go despair now at humanity.

neep neep neep nop nop nop.
Sorry if this has already been brought up but:
Is something wrong psychic? You seem rather 'off beat'.
psychic stalker
Sure, whatever. Go for it.

No. Really.

I don't know if I have missed something but all your posts that I have seen are similar to the above.
I'm going to take a break from everything and just watch Dr who for a week.
empty bank account, dead van, windows needs replacement, dental appointment tomorrow, no customers, and I just bricked the computer of a well known artist online trying to figure out why sata drives were being detected as IDE.

********. I'm hitting rock bottom again and I don't like it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff