Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Kiretsu
*lurk* heart

**hugs** cat_xd

@Jackson: Night shift rules if you know how to keep yourself busy during quiet spots.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Kiretsu
*lurk* heart

**hugs** cat_xd

@Jackson: Night shift rules if you know how to keep yourself busy during quiet spots.

When I was working at a grocery store overnight I'd use my Nintendo DS and a R4 card to play music all night. On breaks I'd hook up my portable speakers.

TadJack, where you working?
Kiretsu
*lurk* heart

*is sad that I missed User Image

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Joda01
Kiretsu
*lurk* heart

**Offers up stewed plums and custard** yum_puddi
Lanackse-Kanvae
Joda01
Kiretsu
*lurk* heart

**Offers up stewed plums and custard** yum_puddi

*tastes the custard*
sorry not much for plums luv.

as for the night shift, I know, mostly the sucky part on my part was, non I knew out side my work place worked out side "regular" hours, so one would have to leave an evening get-together early to get to work, and some people don't really get that when you work at night you sleep some other time of the day, like 8-16.
and ones sleep pattern gets slightly in the way for weekend activities.
You know that feeling when you start a fresh installation of Windows for the first time?
And that other feeling when you start Windows Update right after that?

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The20
You know that feeling when you start a fresh installation of Windows for the first time?

I know it quite well but thankfully I usually keep the latest SP for whatever version of Windows I have on my "Toolkit" USB. This makes patching a bit easier since I don't have to connect to the internet and thus am making less of a risk for myself. The risk is never eliminated but it's reduced quite drastically.

I should consider making a DVD of the SPs for Vista, 7 and 8 (when it gets an SP) really since I may well end up having to cover other Windows flavours other than the ones we have. Of course it means covering both 32 and 64 bit but hey, DVDs have 4GB and compression helps.

I would make a joke here about how I'm secretly a compressed being but that might go over a few heads since most people here don't know that I'm a mere 5'0.
Lanackse-Kanvae
The20

I know it quite well but thankfully I usually keep the latest SP for whatever version of Windows I have on my "Toolkit" USB. This makes patching a bit easier since I don't have to connect to the internet and thus am making less of a risk for myself. The risk is never eliminated but it's reduced quite drastically.

I should consider making a DVD of the SPs for Vista, 7 and 8 (when it gets an SP) really since I may well end up having to cover other Windows flavours other than the ones we have. Of course it means covering both 32 and 64 bit but hey, DVDs have 4GB and compression helps.

I would make a joke here about how I'm secretly a compressed being but that might go over a few heads since most people here don't know that I'm a mere 5'0.
With SP do you mean Service Packs? I already got the latest SP (on the installation medium), but there are still 109 updates.
To stay somewhat save i downloaded Avast yesterday, before i killed my previous Windows installation. I didn't connect to the net before that was installed and it was the first thing i updated.

On a side node, why do you need DVDs once Windows is up and running? I install everything from images mounted with Daemon tools.

Edit: Touchpad driver is installed, that means ~10 minutes till bluescreen ...

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The20
Lanackse-Kanvae
The20

With SP do you mean Service Packs? I already got the latest SP (on the installation medium), but there are still 109 updates.
To stay somewhat save i downloaded Avast yesterday, before i killed my previous Windows installation. I didn't connect to the net before that was installed and it was the first thing i updated.

On a side node, why do you need DVDs once Windows is up and running? I install everything from images mounted with Daemon tools.

Edit: Touchpad driver is installed, that means ~10 minutes till bluescreen ...

Yes I mean Service Packs. DVDs are handy because you can only write to them once if you close it and are thus less of a security issue when dealing with computers that are completely infested with s**t you don't want getting onto your USB stick. You can also hand the DVD to the client as a freebie once you're done if you want.

You're not always dealing with your own s**t and thus need something you can carry around. Mounted drives are just not as portable as a DVD.
RedShirt
Lanackse-Kanvae
Kiretsu
*lurk* heart

**hugs** cat_xd

When I was working at a grocery store overnight I'd use my Nintendo DS and a R4 card to play music all night. On breaks I'd hook up my portable speakers.

TadJack, where you working?

HVAC factory night time IT support.
Crap, i was wrong, the SP is NOT included on the installation medium ...
On the plus side, due to a restart that was performed to finish the installation of the updates the expected BSOD didn't happen.
*kisses snacks goodnight*
not one job in two weeks. What the heck.
Jaydi Blaze
not one job in two weeks. What the heck.
Haaaa. I expect to be saying the same in 3-4 weeks. Although it appears the Department of Labor finally got to my boss.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff