Welcome to Gaia! ::

nouveau sereph
Jaydi Blaze
nouveau sereph
Jaydi Blaze
I hate this....broken nose as a kid healed wrong, and now whenever I get a cold I can only breathe out of one side of my head sad
Break it again.
rather not.
It would afford you a chance to set it in place to where it should be. If you ever get get surgery to fix it it'll be the first thing they do anyway. haha
at least then I'd be knocked out. I don't even know when I got it broken.....

though I have a good idea. Math textbook upside the face.
Jaydi Blaze
nouveau sereph
Jaydi Blaze
nouveau sereph
Jaydi Blaze
I hate this....broken nose as a kid healed wrong, and now whenever I get a cold I can only breathe out of one side of my head sad
Break it again.
rather not.
It would afford you a chance to set it in place to where it should be. If you ever get get surgery to fix it it'll be the first thing they do anyway. haha

Was my class not the only one containing idiots who would hit you with books, the binder with their notes, ... ?
The20
Jaydi Blaze
nouveau sereph
Jaydi Blaze
nouveau sereph
Jaydi Blaze
Break it again.
rather not.

Was my class not the only one containing idiots who would hit you with books, the binder with their notes, ... ?
my dad.
I got a message from nanawing saying my warning was reversed.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
29582351c3
Awesome :3
Sonic Offline
29582351c3
I wonder why she did not just check the link in the first place, or even read the message contents. . .
I am wondering. Is it possible to program without loops using just recursion for everything?
29582351c3
Sonic Offline
29582351c3
I wonder why she did not just check the link in the first place, or even read the message contents. . .
Probably because you have the name and avi common to those who spam forums with advertising links. gibberish name, starter avi, posting links....it's an easy mistake to make.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
29582351c3
I am wondering. Is it possible to program without loops using just recursion for everything?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursion#Recursion_in_computer_science

Recursion is possible but using it exclusively in programming is probably akin to only using a hammer to make your bathroom.
Jaydi Blaze
The20
Jaydi Blaze
nouveau sereph
Jaydi Blaze
rather not.

my dad.
Oh. Sorry.
29582351c3
Yes. By way of Church's Lambda Calculus. It is possible to create a Turing-complete language that has only the ability to define and apply anonymous functions. Indeed, there is a language that does exactly that, adding only a print "command" and convenience forms for the identity function and the S- and K-combinators. The simplest implementation of a LISP dialect could be done with nothing more than (lambda).

Everything else is just syntax sugar. biggrin

In fact, the Church-Turing Thesis, (goo.gl link because Gaia mangled the normal link to Wikipedia) establishes that the Lambda Calculus is equivalent to, and translatable to, the Turing Machine, and vice-versa. By extension, that also includes the Pi-Calculus.
*beats head against wall* Is there something about the spring thaw that makes stupidity bloom?

Customer has two hard drives in his computer. One is failing.

So he backs up the entire GOOD drive onto the failing one, and then formats the good one.

So the failing one bites the dust, the good one is blank, and he needs the quickbooks info from it today.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Jaydi Blaze
*beats head against wall* Is there something about the spring thaw that makes stupidity bloom?

So he backs up the entire GOOD drive onto the failing one, and then formats the good one.

So the failing one bites the dust, the good one is blank, and he needs the quickbooks info from it today.
What can you do? It looks like your only option is to tell him he's SoL.
Sonic Offline
Jaydi Blaze

What can you do? It looks like your only option is to tell him he's SoL.
since all he did was format I'm doing a quick data recovery scan.
Jaydi Blaze

A shame you can't embed video in your invoices. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff