Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Trader

Lanackse-Kanvae
I hear ya there Ryuke emotion_brofist

Can I join you in the trolling of these people? emotion_kirakira

I have all of the forums adblocked for a reason.

User Image

Adorable Champion

31,115 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Waffles! 25
Man what is up with that Google Sync text in the New Tab page for Google Chrome, that wasn't there before.

(Also hello :) )
What do people think about this? http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/02/happy-valentines-day-us-government-breaks-up-with-lightsquared.ars

I think it is bullshit. A company with real potential to bring cheap high speed internet across the country is being held back because companies are to cheap to install proper filters so they only listen on the proper channels.

Ugh. I think they should deploy in other countries instead. Canada, Mexico, Europe. Then reapply in the US after everyone has been forced to install proper filters to only listen on the correct channels.
29582351c3
What do people think about this? http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/02/happy-valentines-day-us-government-breaks-up-with-lightsquared.ars
Clearly, the FCC's allocation of LightSquared's spectrum was poorly handled and poorly checked against LS's proposed use.

I know from experience that the FCC's engineers are overworked and often don't look at the data they're given when handling spectrum allocation and licenses. I'm not at all surprised by this.
psychic stalker
29582351c3
Clearly, the FCC's allocation of LightSquared's spectrum was poorly handled and poorly checked against LS's proposed use.

I know from experience that the FCC's engineers are overworked and often don't look at the data they're given when handling spectrum allocation and licenses. I'm not at all surprised by this.
That might be so, but they should have checked before they let them go to the trouble of launching a satellite in space for it. Which I feel is even more reason to deploy in other countries.
29582351c3
psychic stalker
29582351c3

That might be so, but they should have checked before they let them go to the trouble of launching a satellite in space for it. Which I feel is even more reason to deploy in other countries.
The trouble is there's so little spectrum allocated for satellites. Take a look at this mess. Notice LS's allocation (1525-1559MHz) directly adjacent to a radionavigation allocation with primary priority. That anyone thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

It's hard enough getting clear spectrum. But the FCC is well known for ******** up.
psychic stalker
29582351c3
psychic stalker
29582351c3

The trouble is there's so little spectrum allocated for satellites. Take a look at this mess. Notice LS's allocation (1525-1559MHz) directly adjacent to a radionavigation allocation with primary priority. That anyone thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

It's hard enough getting clear spectrum. But the FCC is well known for ******** up.
How about giving GPS some of that UFH and VHF spectrum which is now unused.

Original Gaian

psychic stalker
Take a look at this mess. Notice LS's allocation (1525-1559MHz) directly adjacent to a radionavigation allocation with primary priority. That anyone thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

Well, maybe light^2 was banking on when the US gets taken over by mother russia we switch to GLONASS. rofl
29582351c3
psychic stalker
29582351c3
psychic stalker
29582351c3

Lower frequencies are less precise and more prone to diffraction. The L-, S-, and C-bands are less sensitive to atmospheric diffraction. Higher bands experience more atmospheric attenuation, and lower bands diffract heavily.

Sparkly Lunatic

29582351c3

I'd be careful saying they're unused wink

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Daz is offering Daz Studio 4 Pro, Bryce 7, and Hexagon 2.5 for free today if anyone is interested.

I know the whole off-site advertising, and how this is kind of cutting it really close, but at the same time this is a pretty amazing deal.
Sonic Offline
Daz is offering Daz Studio 4 Pro, Bryce 7, and Hexagon 2.5 for free today if anyone is interested.

I know the whole off-site advertising, and how this is kind of cutting it really close, but at the same time this is a pretty amazing deal.
Free D software! (Aahh! Bad pun, bad!) I don't think i'll ever use it but i'll download it anyways. That urge to collect everything ...
Say, did any of you hear that anonymous wants to shut down the Internet on the 31st March?
Their announcement on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/NKbnh8q8

Edit: summary: they want to DDoS the DNS root servers by means of "vulnerable DNS Servers". Details see link.

How effective do you think this will be? Personally i don't think it'll be more than a nuisance for the most part.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I just watched a video and there are 13 root DNS servers in the world. During the video we had a very quick look in one of the centres. They're well secured and I doubt Anonymous is going to get one let alone all 13 of them.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I saw those racks. emotion_jawdrop

I can't provide a link because access is limited to those on the course.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff