Welcome to Gaia! ::

enchantedsleeper
Kyousouka
=_=

Does the CC have any mods still? I've been looking at all the idea/I need an artist!!!1! threads (and getting depressed as usual), and I really think we need a "Comic Ideas" forum. Or better yet, leave CC up to the idea threads, and then have "Comic Creator Discussion" as a forum, since those people aren't the type to look at the forums.

It would be wonderful.

I really need to visit this place more, ugh.

Kaxen's still around. She's the only mod I've seen since I started posting in this forum again. I never really knew who the others were, though I glimpsed one or two in this thread a while back.

I'm evidently not the only one who thinks we need a separate forum for the idiots xD
I wouldn't go as far as calling them idiots... I'd just say that they are too lazy to lurk around before posting. Besides, I'm sure most of us were at that stage where you had a TOTALLY AWSUM IDEA and just had to share it. Maybe I'm being too nostalgic.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Bulbasauurr

I wouldn't go as far as calling them idiots... I'd just say that they are too lazy to lurk around before posting. Besides, I'm sure most of us were at that stage where you had a TOTALLY AWSUM IDEA and just had to share it. Maybe I'm being too nostalgic.

They're not just too lazy to lurk, but too lazy to get something more than 10 pages outside the 'idea' stage.

Even when I was their age, I drew comics. I had one that was over 200 pencilled pages in middle school. :X
Seijaku_Ishida
Bulbasauurr

They're not just too lazy to lurk, but too lazy to get something more than 10 pages outside the 'idea' stage.

Even when I was their age, I drew comics. I had one that was over 200 pencilled pages in middle school. :X
This is also true. I was the same way. xD I was looking through comics I made when I was in elementary school.
i only drew characters redface in high school and neglected comics and background to extent one comic in the whole of my high school career is all i made its sad really it was about a clam and lobster......lets just say i got a good grade but i neve want to talk about that comic again.the ones before in middle and pre school are repressed memories becuase they were comics of already exsisting characters.

Eloquent Explorer

Bulbasauurr

Then they are idiots for not lurking razz Yes, I used to be idiotic too and never read the stickies in whatever forum I hung out in. I just didn't register them. But mercifully, even when I was going through the phase of thinking anime was the BEST THING EVAH and had this one idea that was a horrible mash-up of all the anime I was currently obsessed with and I was convinced I was gonna go live in Japan and become a famous manga-ka at the age of 18... I never came to this forum to tell people about it xD God, I can only imagine the carnage.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
This forum didn't exist when I was in that phase.

Eloquent Explorer

I had just joined Gaia when I was going through that phase, because the fact that it was an 'anime-based website' was what attracted me to it. Also my avi is designed after one of the characters from that idea. How long has the CC forum been around?

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I can't remember. I just remember situating myself in it as soon as it was created. >>

Eloquent Explorer

Heheh, sadly I'm not a hardcore comicker like you guys, but then comics weren't my 'thing' until a few years ago. Writing was though, and I was writing rhyming poetry and original stories from the age of 5 or 6. And fanfic xD One of my earliest stories which I still have was actually an Enid Blyton fanfiction. Now that's weird to think about.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
I didn't really get into comics until about middle school. Prior to that I thought it was mostly superheroes, and those were of no interest to me.

Eloquent Explorer

Manga was my first proper introduction to the world of comics beyond that of Spiderman and Superman. I never really thought about them before then, not even in the context of superheroes actually - and yet relatively recently, I remembered that when I was about eight years old, I used to draw Powerpuff Girls comics with my own original characters in. I wonder why, considering I never read any comics and so wasn't influenced by them. But I guess considering that the Powerpuff Girls was a cartoon, it seemed more logical for me to make my fan-works visual than verbal. Either way, me doing fan-stuff goes back a surprisingly long way. xD

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
My first manga was X/1999. I liked it because it wasn't aimed at boys like superheroes, but had gore AND an interesting storyline. As well as art that I enjoyed.

So, yeah. Manga opened a good amount of doors for me I hadn't considered before.

Eloquent Explorer

That's cool, what's X/1999 about?

I first came across manga on the Shonen Jump website, and jumped right into Yu-gi-oh! because I was a fan of the anime. Before that, I had no idea it was originally a manga xD I also started reading Shaman King, Yu Yu Hakusho and Naruto, but Naruto never really stuck with me like the others did. Then I discovered Tokypop graphic novels in my favourite bookshop, and all hell broke loose. XD

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
It's about the end of the world, and the battle fought by psychics on either side. It's by CLAMP.

Eloquent Explorer

Oh! I knew I'd heard of it, and now I guess that sort of explains why. The only CLAMP manga I've read is Chobits, but I've been meaning for a long time to explore their other titles. I've never seen X/1999 graphic novels on sale in this country, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff