Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Explorer

Hey PBS, I was thinking I hadn't seen you in a while :3 (Having said that, I only just came back to the forum myself).
enchantedsleeper
Hey PBS, I was thinking I hadn't seen you in a while :3 (Having said that, I only just came back to the forum myself).

Welcome back dude!
S'up?

Eloquent Explorer

Procrastinating work. x3 You?
PBS, it's kind of funny, because I'd just read a blog on being an English teacher in Japan. It kind of made me wonder why she didn't just move back to the U.S.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Welcome back, PBS! I was wondering where you were!

Things are decent on my front. Wish I could afford to quit my job and become a full-time comic artist, though.
finally got the first page script done nightmare i tells you makes me admire yall whom can do this alot faster but i guess that comes with practice.So basically the premise of the page is Nala is Encased in her Orb like Prison and is thinking to herself.(Reminder first Draft here guys) its just ive never done this before and i really need the tough love confused

Page 1 :Nala is floating in a void wondering why shes there and where she is.Panels will be setup as follow.

Panel 1: Everything is pitch black stetching on forever into an eternal void .Suddenly a voice is heard

Nala: .........Where.......am I?

Panel 2: A figure appears drawing closer in the inky darkness

Silence.......

Panel 3: It's a woman in her mid 20's as if sleeping in a calm state.

Nala: How long.......... have I been here?

Panel 4: Close up of her face

Silence.......

Panel 5: She barely opens her eye.As she screams in her mind for freedom.

Nala:I.....want to......Leave!

Panel 6: Switches to an Orb like prison in a crystal cavern

Sound effect :cracking sound

End to the first Page.Tried to play it off as suspenseful...

Eloquent Explorer

There's not much detail (for example about what an orb-like prison and a crystal cavern are supposed to look like) but if you're the artist then you'll know so it doesn't matter. It's hard to give critique on just six panels because there's nothing to go on - no way to critique pacing, characters, plot or any of that - so write some more and then ask for feedback.

Though, you don't need to write 'Silence....' since the lack of dialogue automatically equals silence. Also you might want to note the size of some of the panels e.g. full-page shot, half-page shot. For example, I imagine the first panel would work best as a full-page shot in order to give a sense of the vastness of the void. And I think the shot of the crystal cavern would need to be at least half a page.
burning_eyes Facepalm sigh its always the little things that catch me thanks again.......really get to excited about things ohwell btw thank you for the tips enchanted im a fresh scrub in this and have very little knowledge in this even though ive been researching it like a fisherman fishing in a hatchery

Eloquent Explorer

Don't mention it :3 (Also I just added a bit more xD)
enchantedsleeper
Don't mention it :3 (Also I just added a bit more xD)
oh i took out the panel sizes id thought it be a little boring for yall to read.I'll probably get atleast 3-4 more pages done before i post them but i suffer from haha i finished a page go show it off to the cool kids syndrome sweatdrop .

Eloquent Explorer

xD I know, well it's still an achievement, so well done :3 How long is your comic gonna be?
I have at this time four story arcs that im excited to do but fear in doing them since my job sucks (in life job) scream And im bound to have a few more after that seening as im always adding on to the Mythos of the planet Navalice.
I-wha-a buh?!

OH WHAT THE ********, PEOPLE.

Also, FYI, Jim is never referred to as "****** Jim" as some seem to think.

And yes. I said that word. >8| But then again...

On another note, Mark Twain's autobiography is getting released now, since he left instructions for it not to be published for one hundred years. Also it's kind of...ironic?...considering what I just linked...

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Mink_LaLa
I-wha-a buh?!

OH WHAT THE ********, PEOPLE.

Also, FYI, Jim is never referred to as "****** Jim" as some seem to think.

And yes. I said that word. >8| But then again...

On another note, Mark Twain's autobiography is getting released now, since he left instructions for it not to be published for one hundred years. Also it's kind of...ironic?...considering what I just linked...

I am facepalming so hard right now.

Twain is awesome and clever. I should get my hands on that autobiography.
Speaking of which:
Quote:
“If a person offends you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.”

Best Mark Twain quote EVAR.

And because one facepalm isn't enough for this:
User Image
Have many.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items