Welcome to Gaia! ::

oh hey gurl y u no wanna talk to me is it bc im ugly?

yes. 1 100.0% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 22 23 24 >

Ladykiller

I've been cat called and even followed/chased while on walks. I'm not particularly attractive and I dress modestly.

Most of it is easy to ignore, it's when they invade my personal space where I get anxious, esp after being chased.

I don't think just saying "hi there" or "how are you?" is a cat call. A smile from a random passerby will not ******** kill you but nobody should have to be treated like meat.

It's not that hard to figure out what is an isn't respectable to other people. The men who cat call don't give a ******** about respect though so I'm pretty sure whatever hashtag campaign of the week people have will fall on deaf ears.
MercurysJosiegirl
Robotic lalanono
MercurysJosiegirl
Sapphire Dragon1
I have been cat called two times in my life before I moved to the city. Now that I live in the city I have been cat called numerous times. It's weird it's creepy and not a compliment. Like some people think it is. Instead of saying this is wrong we need to tell them what is wrong with it. Some if not most men think it is a compliment to a woman. Turn around and tell them that it's creepy and it doesn't feel like a compliment. I have. They are judging purely on lust and that is not acceptable. Women if a guy starts to follow you, you stop he stops you move he moves. Get into a crowded public area fast. And stay there. Seek security and point him out. Don't just think it is coincidence. It might not be.

You cannot make a broad generalization and say X is Y for everyone. In other words, you cannot say that catcalling is absolutely, 100% not a compliment, because your opinion is not a fact. It is your opinion on it. To many women it is a compliment while to many others it is not.

Not saying this is the case for those women who feel its a compliment, but I used to think it was a compliment too. I had poor self-esteem in the past due to being the girl who none of the guys took a second glance at. I was the one out of my group of friends who wasn't getting asked out by multiple guys every week, so when I reached my late teens and started having older men hit on me, I was thrilled despite feeling creeped out about it. Now that I have more self confidence (and I'd like to add that my self confidence is not due to men giving me a 'holla' on the street or from any guys for that matter. It's due to me taking time off from romantic pursuits and getting to know myself as a person and learning to love me), I am absolutely disgusted by men who can't take a hint and think it's okay to harass me.

That's perfectly understandable. Do some of the women who like it have low self esteem? I'm sure they do. The US seems to be riddled with people with low self esteem. But those who don't, maybe to them its empowering. I know it doesn't bother me unless they try to touch, but that may be a cultural thing in my case.

I can understand how some women may find it empowering, though I can never see myself finding it empowering at all. I still think men should learn to tone it down despite some women liking it. There are other ways a woman can feel empowered without the help of men who think they look good. I feel like society puts such pressure on both men and women to be in a relationship, that some people think they have somehow failed at life if someone doesn't go out of their way to tell them how attractive they are.

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

It's rude, inappropriate and sexist. Even many of the ones who seem to just be saying "Hi, tone, body language and facial expression actually make a huge difference. As well as any use of pet-names or terms of endearment. It's degrading and disgusting.

For me, if anyone politely says hello, I'll usually smile or say hi back.
If anyone tells me to smile, I intentionally glare at them with murderous intent.
If anyone says anything rude or vulgar to me or anyone around me, I've begun to tell them to ******** off or grow up.
Robotic lalanono
MercurysJosiegirl
Robotic lalanono
MercurysJosiegirl
Sapphire Dragon1
I have been cat called two times in my life before I moved to the city. Now that I live in the city I have been cat called numerous times. It's weird it's creepy and not a compliment. Like some people think it is. Instead of saying this is wrong we need to tell them what is wrong with it. Some if not most men think it is a compliment to a woman. Turn around and tell them that it's creepy and it doesn't feel like a compliment. I have. They are judging purely on lust and that is not acceptable. Women if a guy starts to follow you, you stop he stops you move he moves. Get into a crowded public area fast. And stay there. Seek security and point him out. Don't just think it is coincidence. It might not be.

You cannot make a broad generalization and say X is Y for everyone. In other words, you cannot say that catcalling is absolutely, 100% not a compliment, because your opinion is not a fact. It is your opinion on it. To many women it is a compliment while to many others it is not.

Not saying this is the case for those women who feel its a compliment, but I used to think it was a compliment too. I had poor self-esteem in the past due to being the girl who none of the guys took a second glance at. I was the one out of my group of friends who wasn't getting asked out by multiple guys every week, so when I reached my late teens and started having older men hit on me, I was thrilled despite feeling creeped out about it. Now that I have more self confidence (and I'd like to add that my self confidence is not due to men giving me a 'holla' on the street or from any guys for that matter. It's due to me taking time off from romantic pursuits and getting to know myself as a person and learning to love me), I am absolutely disgusted by men who can't take a hint and think it's okay to harass me.

That's perfectly understandable. Do some of the women who like it have low self esteem? I'm sure they do. The US seems to be riddled with people with low self esteem. But those who don't, maybe to them its empowering. I know it doesn't bother me unless they try to touch, but that may be a cultural thing in my case.

I can understand how some women may find it empowering, though I can never see myself finding it empowering at all. I still think men should learn to tone it down despite some women liking it. There are other ways a woman can feel empowered without the help of men who think they look good. I feel like society puts such pressure on both men and women to be in a relationship, that some people think they have somehow failed at life if someone doesn't go out of their way to tell them how attractive they are.

I think you're right. It doesn't help that media and society pushes a set ideal on what is beautiful and many try to adhere to that. there are a lot of things that need to be fixed in our society.
Lexia_Starr
It's rude, inappropriate and sexist. Even many of the ones who seem to just be saying "Hi, tone, body language and facial expression actually make a huge difference. As well as any use of pet-names or terms of endearment. It's degrading and disgusting.

For me, if anyone politely says hello, I'll usually smile or say hi back.
If anyone tells me to smile, I intentionally glare at them with murderous intent.
If anyone says anything rude or vulgar to me or anyone around me, I've begun to tell them to ******** off or grow up.

You really shouldn't say that in a way that implies everyone thinks that way. I wonder why it is with some things people make sure that others know its their view on it and they're not trying to say everyone thinks like them while with other things, like this, generalizations are made?

To you its rude, inappropriate and sexist. To you its degrading and disgusting. Me, I'm not bothered by it unless they try to touch. Then I find it rude and inappropriate. Cultural differences lead to a different view of things like catcalling, as does having a different view in general about such things.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
ghosts11nin
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
ghosts11nin
So today I had to duck into a cafe I frequent to hide from a guy who I was friendly with who won't stop trying to kiss me on the mouth. i said several times it's not okay. He cat-calls me often. I hugged him once because I've lived here for 7 years, we talked often, and after that he took it as an excuse to cat call the ******** out of me and walk with me when I told him I'm busy/running late/please don't follow me.

I hid behind the counter with my friends and they made him leave.

I have gotten into taxis to avoid this man.

It's ok to say "I think you are beautiful", bonus points if you add "no offense, I mean it with all respect" etc

it's not okay to say "nice tits" or keep walking with some girl who obviously doesn't want to talk to you.

Well he clearly isn't getting the hint. At all.
Do you have any male friends, friends or something of the likes who could walk with you in the area so you're not left alone with this creep?

Nope. I have mostly female friends, and they are not up early like me for work.
I commute two hours to work so I'm up before everyone to get there on time.

The pals at the cafe were sympathetic but they can't leave their job to come to my house and walk me to the bus.

I also got propositioned for sex a month ago. Paid sex. He said I was a 10 and I should do it because I had pink hair/looked like the type who liked kinky sex. I was appalled. Told him over and over again no, he kept insisting. I got his number and his name, and reported him. He got arrested.

A guy I am friendly with grabbed my tit. I reported him for sexual harassment. Same issue. I was friendly, so he took it upon himself to grab me. I told him no several times. The cops never followed up with me.

These things happened to me within a month time span. If they happen to me, they are happening to other women, and its bad and needs to stop, now.

The captcha is usual suspects. I am pleasantly amused.

Luckily, I've never had either of those things happen to me. Though I thing if some guy grabbed my tit in broad daylight, me reaction would more likely be on the violent side of things. He'd probably walk away with some sort of facial bruising. I've never done well with people who get all touchy feely with me when I don't know them.

Demonic Lunatic

I yell "HOT SLUT!" at girls dressed ... immodestly ... all the time while I'm driving. It's hilarious! Even got my friends (yep, even my female friends) doing it while they're with me on car rides.

As long as nobody is being molested, raped or physically assaulted, it's funny and harmless. Those who disagree; grow a thicker skin.

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
(monotone and sarcastic) Oh no not being called things like beautiful and good looking. How do these attractive people live with that kind of harassment. Please police arrest those horrible men who dare compliment a beautiful woman.

(normal voice, which is pretty much still monotone) Seriously though. Being someone who gets called things on the opposite end of the spectrum of beautiful, these people need to just suck it up. Calling you names, whatever they may be, is fine. It is when it become physical that there is a problem. It is the old "I can pretend to punch you all day long but the second I come into contact is when it becomes assault" situation. I hear all these ******** pussies online complaining about a non-problem and it is just stupid, #thanksmodernfeminism. Another problem with that video is that she claims harassment after walking through the streets for ten hours but somehow only managed to get three or so minutes of footage of it actually happening, that is because the people who do it are a minority. In which case the SJWs should be lining up to protect them. But hey, feminists don't care unless it gets them attention, in this case the attention is what gets them more attention.

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
ghosts11nin
Mechromancer4Life
(monotone and sarcastic) Oh no not being called things like beautiful and good looking. How do these attractive people live with that kind of harassment. Please police arrest those horrible men who dare compliment a beautiful woman.

(normal voice, which is pretty much still monotone) Seriously though. Being someone who gets called things on the opposite end of the spectrum of beautiful, these people need to just suck it up. Calling you names, whatever they may be, is fine. It is when it become physical that there is a problem. It is the old "I can pretend to punch you all day long but the second I come into contact is when it becomes assault" situation. I hear all these ******** pussies online complaining about a non-problem and it is just stupid, #thanksmodernfeminism. Another problem with that video is that she claims harassment after walking through the streets for ten hours but somehow only managed to get three or so minutes of footage of it actually happening, that is because the people who do it are a minority. In which case the SJWs should be lining up to protect them. But hey, feminists don't care unless it gets them attention, in this case the attention is what gets them more attention.

THE MINUTE YOU SAID SJWS I STOPPED LISTENING.
because you are obviously from 8chan.

That means your read most of my quote meaning you get the gist of what I was saying. So good on you. And I am not from 8chan, you see when a mommy and a daddy wrestle they make babies and that is where I am from.

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
ghosts11nin
Mechromancer4Life
ghosts11nin
Mechromancer4Life

THE MINUTE YOU SAID SJWS I STOPPED LISTENING.
because you are obviously from 8chan.

That means your read most of my quote meaning you get the gist of what I was saying. So good on you. And I am not from 8chan, you see when a mommy and a daddy wrestle they make babies and that is where I am from.

Oh I get the gist but it's totally wrong.
The minute you said feminists don't care is the minute I started puking all over my laptop keyboard.

Oh you seeeee the minute you say SJW it's directly correlated to 8chan or tumblr. No one else uses this freaking term. So you either ******** tumblrinas or you are from 8chan obviously.

HAHA! I like that feminist impression you did. It really captured all their ignorance really well. Good job.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff