Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you want to see for the summer event?

please PM me with suggestions for the thread 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
<3 0.83333333333333 83.3% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 114 115 116 > >> »|

I suppose.
It's been doing fine when I shoot my larger works I can't scan, I haven't really done any real picture taking in forever.
Last I remember it was either my last trip down to Jersey or when I went to the Bird Sanctuary out east.
The Chickadees feed right out of your hands, it was hard using one hand to shoot while having the other one out to feed.
Awww... I wish we had a bird sanctuary around here with cute little chickadees but the closest we've got to that here is the Bird House and Flight Cage at the zoo.
... and now I totally want to go to the zoo. haha. Maybe I'll go on a cold day and see if they let the penguins out again.
Sadly, they don't have Penguins at Atlantis, last I checked.
I'd have to go to the New York Aquarium or Mystic Aquarium to see them.
...I haven't gone to all three in forever. D8
The penguins and puffins are a relatively new addition to the St. Louis Zoo.
I haven't been anywhere in ages either. I want to say it was a summer or two ago that I last went to the zoo and that was ages ago.

haha. Now I want to go to St. Louis and do loads of tourist-y things... Not that I think we have loads of tourists. Is it odd that the idea of people going to St. Louis for a vacation-y type thing strikes me as really strange?
Not all.
Last time I was in the City, my friend and I hit Central Park.
We did all the tourist-y parts, Belvedere Castle, The Obelisk (Which is funny 'cause we were really there to go the Metropolitan Museum for my class, the Obelisk is -right- across facing the Egypt wing.)
We also did Strawberry Fields and Balto after as we were making our way back.
Actually, I do have some shots from the trip if you're interested.

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Karlii Alorade
Sadly, they don't have Penguins at Atlantis, last I checked.
I'd have to go to the New York Aquarium or Mystic Aquarium to see them.
...I haven't gone to all three in forever. D8

Go for the dolphins. And make sure to interpret their moves carefully.
If I do go, It'll be in the Summer, so I can hit the beach, or even go during the Mermaid Parade.
I just love the costumes they do. *A*
@sickSYRINGE: ill be able to come freqyuently til school starts again next week sad til then ill stop by whenever i can (but i also have vacation band rehearsals to go to)
@Karlii:
Oh, you're so lucky to live close enough to the city to go at least once without it being a huge ordeal planned months in advanced.
gah... Why can't they put big, awesome museums in smaller towns?

... but yeah, sure, I'd like to see the pictures you got.

@Behatz:
I think I know a guy that would actually do that.

@band:
Well, I'm glad you can stick around for a bit and good luck with rehearsals and what not.

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I live 50 miles from the nearest big city. It takes me around an hour to get there via train. Surely, then, even 100 miles isn't a big obstacle?
Small towns usually have local history Museums, I know we have a few out east, like the Montauk Lighthouse has a museum, and they turned the Vanderbilt Mansion into a Museum and Planetarium.
Brookhaven Labs I think does tours still...they also (now) have the second largest hadron collider, it used to the biggest until CERN made the LHC.

Here are some of the Photos.
I need to get the rest off my Facebook. D:

EDIT: The ones off Facebook.
@Behatz:
Although St. Louis is on 23 miles from here the next closest and well known city is almost 300 miles away.
... but if I had the money I'd take the train up to Chicago practically every week.

@Karlii:
We've got a local history museum but I know enough about the town already so that probably won't keep my attention for long.

I like those pictures and the story about the Balto statue.

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
sickSYRINGE
@Behatz:
Although St. Louis is on 23 miles from here the next closest and well known city is almost 300 miles away.
... but if I had the money I'd take the train up to Chicago practically every week.

What I find amusing is the fact that the next big city for you is Chicago, and yet it is the distance away as between London and Newcastle. Basically the length of England.
Syringe: Thanks.

Behatz: Wow, England really is that small, isn't it?
@Behatz:
Wow... You know, I knew England was small at least compared to the US but I never really thought about it.

... and I feel kind of lame now because it never clicked before. DX

@Karlii:
You're welcome. =]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out