Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you want to see for the summer event?

please PM me with suggestions for the thread 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
<3 0.83333333333333 83.3% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 114 115 116 > >> >>> »|

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Don't have a towel? DON'T PANIC! We do.

A towel is a very important thing.

''A towel, it[the Hitchhiker's Guide] says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.''

I'm here to see to it that no one has to go without their towel.

If you want a towel you'll have to fill out the following form(copy/paste the text in the code box) and post it in the thread.

Do you know where your towel is? Yes or no?
Are you panicking? Yes or no?
What color would you like your towel to be? white, black, blue, yellow, pink, green or purple.
Is there anything else I should know? This is mostly for if you plan on donating. Tell me here if I should send you a trade or gift the towel to you. If you don't specify I'll gift it.

[size=14][color=dodgerblue]Do you know where your towel is?[/color][/size] [size=11] [/size]
[size=14][color=darkviolet]Are you panicking?[/color][/size] [size=11] [/size]
[size=14][color=dodgerblue]What color would you like your towel to be?[/color][/size] [size=11] [/size]
[size=14][color=darkviolet]Is there anything else I should know?[/color][/size] [size=11] [/size]

[ intro ][ rules/faq ][ important people ][ contests ][ banners ][ links ][ reserved ][ reserved ]

the Rules
o1. Don't panic.
o2. No spam. I'm vegan. I don't like spam be it canned or typed. This means no bumping, no quoting any posts on the first page, no flaming, etc. None of that. I don't want that crap my thread.
o3. If you want a towel fill out the form in the first post and put your request in the thread. I won't accept requests for towels that don't use the form or requests that are PMed to me.
o4. I'm a busy college student. Don't give me crap if I don't send you your towel right away.
o5. Read the FAQ before asking me or my mods any questions about the thread, towel giveaway, contests, ect.
o6. Don't be afraid to stay and chat! Just please try to keep chat speak and what not to a minimum. I speak English. wh3n u r1t3 liek th1s it confuses me. I don't like being confused and I don't want to waste my time translating your post.
o7. Don't advertise your thread/shop/whatever in a post in my thread. I don't care if you have a link in your sig but to come and post an ad in my thread would be rude. I don't go around whoring out my thread in yours, do I? If you want to trade links PM me and I'll probably be happy to oblige.
o8. Pan Galatic Gargle Blasters are available for the regs but no more than one per person, k?
o9. More rules can and will be added later... maybe.

the FAQ
"I want a towel but I don't know what color I want! Will you pick one for me?"
_____Sure. =D
_____If you don't know what color you want I'll pick one to match your current avi.

"I want to donate! What should I do?"
_____First off, thanks! If you want to donate send me a trade with "towel" somewhere in the title. If you're donating gold/items and you've asked for a
_____towel I'll send you a trade with your towel in it.

"I want to buy a towel from you. How much are they?"
_____The towels I'm handing out are 9oo gold in the shops.

"What colors do the towels come in?"
_____Towels come in black, white, blue, purple, pink, green, and yellow.

"How do you make a Pan Galatic Gargle Blaster?"
_____o1. Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
_____o2. Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V.
_____o3. Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzine is lost).
_____o4. Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it (in memory of all those happy Hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of
________Fallia).
_____o5. Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin
________Zones; subtle sweet and mystic.
_____o6. Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
_____o7. Sprinkle Zamphour.
_____o8. Add an olive.
_____o9. Drink... but... very carefully.

"What is your favorite version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?/Who is your favorite character?"
_____Well, I want to say the books are my favorite but I haven't read them all yet, so until further notice I'm going to go with the tv series.
_____My favorite character is New Movie!Marvin because he looks awesome and I love Alan Rickman. Book and TV!Ford are super close behind in
_____second.

"D= What do you mean you haven't read the books?!"
_____Don't get me wrong. I'm not the sort of person that hates reading. In fact, I've been wanting to read really anything of Douglas Adam's for ages
_____now but I never had money to spare on books. Recently I managed to get a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and The Restaurant at
_____the End of the Universe at a used bookstore for under five dollars, so don't worry. I am making my way through the books. =]

"What is the ultimate answer?"
_____42... duh.

[ intro ][ rules/faq ][ important people ][ contests ][ banners ][ links ][ reserved ][ reserved ]

the Hitchhikers
these are the people that run the thread. if they tell you to stop doing what you're doing you should probably listen.
o1. sickSYRINGE - field researcher for the guide and seriously hoopy frood.
o2. Behatzlacha-S - resident undead penguin

the Regs
to get on this list you must be active in the thread. to be considered active you must have a non-bump post on at least five pages.
o1. Karlii Alorade
o2. finnvox
o3. Kuroi Otome
o4. kittyfox_kumiko/Demonbuster Dante
o5.

the Donors
you may thank these people but do not spam them with pleas for gold/items. that would be a rude and ungrateful thing to do to such kind people.
o1. Eyn-Sama - pink belled ribbons <3
o2. Par Exemple - two towels <3
o3. Mythey Maysonia - 5o,ooo in gold <3
o4. The Hat Collector - 5,ooo in gold <3
o5. iiMegaDerp - 2,ooo in gold <3
o6. Faded Violence 42,ooo in gold <3
o7. an anonymous benefactor - fausto's bottle 10th gen. <3

the Poll Contest
When the poll reaches 42 votes the first person to PM me a screen shot of it will win a set of hand held towels(one in each color) or a complete set of towels in the color of their choice.
The poll question will be changed after it hits 43 votes.

the Page Contest
The first person to post on page 42 will win a set of hand held towels(one in each color) or a complete set of towels in the color of the winners choice.
Bumping to get the first post on these pages will result in disqualification. More prize pages will be added after we get to page 42.

the Reg Drawing
NOTE:This contest is on a trial basis. Details may change and it is open to regs and thread mods only. Furthermore, it will only start after there are at least ten people.
Every month(I'm thinking on the fifteenth) I'll write up the names of all the regs and mods(should be singular seeing as there is only one but I digress), put them in a bag or a hat or something and whoever I pull out first will get a prize.
The prize could be anything from a nice gold shop item to the latest RIG.

the Banners
most of these are pretty old.
make me a new one and i'll <3 you forever. =D

new:
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/don-t-have-a-towel-don-t-panic-we-do-open/t.56114571_1/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/Zero_lives/gaia/dontpanic.gif[/IMG][/url]

by Karlii Alorade

old banners(feel free to use them still):
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/don-t-have-a-towel-don-t-panic-we-do-open/t.56114571_1/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/Zero_lives/gaia/DontPanicTowelBanner.gif[/IMG][/url]

by iphones

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/don-t-have-a-towel-don-t-panic-we-do-open/t.56114571_1/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/Zero_lives/gaia/towel.png[/IMG][/url]

by 4dreamcastonly

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/don-t-have-a-towel-don-t-panic-we-do-open/t.56114571_1/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/Zero_lives/gaia/BANNER1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

by Kharmia Attradie

the Links
want to trade links? pm me. please don't post your banner in my thread without my permission. that sort of thing isn't cool.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

buttered.toast.&.dreams

TF Industries Paper Bag Donation Drive!

the Reserved Post

the Second Reserved Post

Celebratory Gargleblaster time? biggrin
Just reserved 'And Another Thing...' and some of the other new books I've been looking forward to reading this weekend.
Now I just need to wait for them to come in.

Just making my presence known, I gotta get my act together and get Registered for the Spring.
I might have to trek all the way to one of the other Campuses the second half, because they're only offering Figure Drawing there.
It probably is, but I'm hoping it's my Basic Drawing Professor. He was awesome.
gah... I hate registering for classes.
I tried to do the online registration thing last night and it was such a pain. To make things worse I don't drive so I can only go to an off-campus site for my classes and the selection there is a bit limited.
... and now I'm totally nervous because I don't know if I'll actually get into the classes that I signed up for. D=

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Awesome to see the new thread is up! I'mma go inform some epic people that this place exists.
And by the way, you can take down that note about me being back to normal soon. I'm here to stay, baby!

Now who wants some Vogon poetry?
I think I'll pass on the Vogon poetry. It scares me. D=
Whew, it was in and out, I was the second person there.
And we had to drop my sister to the train station too. D:

And I don't think I'm masochistic enough to listen to some Vogon Poetry.
Train station?
That totally makes me want to go to Chicago just so I'll have an excuse to ride the train.
Yeah, my sister's checking out a school in NYC. If she likes it, she might not go upstate for college.
Part of me is glad I went local. XD
As much as I'd love to go to School in the City.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff