Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you want to see for the summer event?

please PM me with suggestions for the thread 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
<3 0.83333333333333 83.3% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 114 115 116 > >> »|

Don't worry, I was asking because she's the resident Photographer here.
Now I kinda wish they had Painting this semester, canvas and paint is a lot cheaper than the camera, tripod, and all the other supplies. XD

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Meh, I like photography, but I prefer working with pens, pencils or chalks.
I'm a pencil person, but most of my drawings are colored or sometimes drawn through digitally with Corel Painter.
Apparently I'm good with pastels though, my Basic Drawing Class was my first time using them.
This was my Final, I got an A on it.
I need to scan the rest of my first semester stuff, like the awesome Ganesha I did.

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Karlii Alorade
I'm a pencil person, but most of my drawings are colored or sometimes drawn through digitally with Corel Painter.
Apparently I'm good with pastels though, my Basic Drawing Class was my first time using them.
I need to scan the rest of my first semester stuff, like the awesome Ganesha I did.

Ganesha? Cool!! My art classes were ridiculously poor in the pastel department. They had 5 colours (green, red, blue, purple and yellow) and black and white, and the green and yellow were flourescent... I didn't know this, however, until the day I did my exam. stressed
I'm not going to show you it. It was an Arcimboldo-style portrait of a lady, but it ended up looking rather too much like neon lights, no matter how much I tried to balance it...
My first set was horrible, we did a still life of apples and mine were pretty much neon pink and orange.
It would've looked pretty cool if it was on purpose, like 80's Day-Glo Apples.
Needless to say, I bought a better set, the first set (other than it's "red" wink made for a better complimentary set. XD
@Karlii:
Off the top of my head I don't know what I should tell you to get (partly because I don't know your price range other than "cheap" and mostly because I'm a loser and I don't technically know much) but I can look into it.
In the meantime I can direct you to this site.
That site has pretty good, in-depth reviews so you can look for a camera to buy on it or check it after you've found one.
Preferably something under $200.
I'll have a look around that, maybe that'll give me an idea to work from.

EDIT: Might be able to bum Dad's Canon.
He's gonna end up getting a free tripod if so. XD
Behatzlacha-S
Karlii Alorade

Ganesha? Cool!! My art classes were ridiculously poor in the pastel department. They had 5 colours (green, red, blue, purple and yellow) and black and white, and the green and yellow were flourescent... I didn't know this, however, until the day I did my exam. stressed
I'm not going to show you it. It was an Arcimboldo-style portrait of a lady, but it ended up looking rather too much like neon lights, no matter how much I tried to balance it...

That's alright, pretend that you were channeling the futurists biggrin
Hi guys just woke up, and its 12:31am. Cheers to messed up sleeping schedules!
I've been averaging around eleven if you don't count the fact that I usually wake up at eight and go back to bed shortly after... I'm not usually this bad but being sick has taken its toll on me.

gah... I'm going to have so much trouble if I keep this up until break ends.
I think I might start waking up at seven on days that I don't have work so I can run on the treadmill. I'm sure that will keep me fit and my sleep schedule normal until school starts back up again.

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
My average time for sleep is 2am if I have to work, and 4-5am if I don't. I wake up around 6-7am if I'm gonna work (takes a lot to get me going, but once I start you can't stop me!) or 2-4pm if I'm not. I live a mostly nocturnal life, which is why I can come on Gaia at the same time as Americans, even though I'm British.
yay! only one more post and i get my oh-so-special-and-needed towel!!!

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Hopefully you'll stick around after that, m'darling?
@Behatz:
I don't think I could do that.
I either sleep at night/early morning or not at all... or in class but I try avoid that as it irritates the teachers.

@proud band geek:
Yay~
Do you think you might be staying after that?
@sickSYRINGE: im hoping i will, i dont get a chance to be on gaia as much as id like

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff