Welcome to Gaia! ::

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
Ʈɍɨʂʂɨɑɳɑ ӝ Ɉɵєɫɫɑ ӝ Ͼɧɑɳɗɫєɍ
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris kept her eyes on her feet, her arms crossed as if she needed to shield herself from something.This entire situation had her on edge by this point and she ground her teeth, refusing to meet his eyes "Slips tend to happen a lot with me..And that's the problem.Theres no guarantee we'll get along."

She shifted her weight slightly, clearly uncomfortable.This guy didn't seem to understand the rules.Then again, he wasn't lycan so she couldn't blame him.She took a small breath to ground herself, still somewhat off Keller from when he'd grabbed her arm "It matters if your father is homocidal.Because. I feel nothing, I'd be considered a perfect soldier.The remorse. I feel now is because I know what I've done and I've thought it through, realizing there were other methods...If you were to slip up like I just did, I wouldn't be here much longer because word will have gotten back to my parents and they other royals.I wouldn't be used to create a treaty..." She trailed off, not comfortable with continuing that train of thought.

She hated fighting, hated the bloodshed.And the few times she had fought, even though she hadn't killed anyone, she felt nothing.It was to protect another sure, but even now it still tore at her that she'd caused some amount of damage to another.

And dance beneath the pale moonlight?

Company: Alistair Mood: Mixed Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

Alistair sighed. "Fine. Would you prefer I promise never to tell a living soul? I'll do that, okay?" And he'd probably even try really hard to keep the promise, too. Of course, he'd broken plenty of promises during the course of his lifetime, albeit not anything of real importance.

Tris was clearly uncomfortable with what was going on, and Alistair most definitely did not understand it. He got that she didn't want anyone else to know what she'd told him. He had secrets of his own, so that wasn't hard to grasp. As she continued talking, his confusion only grew, and he wonder briefly if all werewolves were this complicated or if Tris was just strange.

Alistair moved away from the wall a little. "So, your worried about the implications of your current feelings compared to what your family and others expect for you to feel. You don't want them to know that you hate it because..." Werewolves are all bloodthirsty? That might not be the safest thing to say. "...your father is homicidal." She'd used the word herself, so he figured it was okay to say.

The last part of her comment gave him pause. She wouldn't be used to create a treaty? He wasn't really sure what she meant, but it made him feel unusually uncomfortable.

"Well," he said, glancing away from her. "I won't slip up." His attention returned to her and he traced a little x over his chest. "Cross my heart."

The action surprised him. He'd never done it before, only seen Alice do so.

ooc:

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris managed a rueful smile at the 'living soul' bit.It actually was a little funny, he looked so frustrated with it all, and she didn't really know how to explain so he'd understand.

It wasn't that Tris was strange, or perhaps she was, but the law of her kind, and nearly every other in the mansion, differed in some way or another from the other royal families.Each species had its own set of laws that were to be followed, and at times it was hard to explain them.

She sighed slightly, the urge to hid in her room only growing
"I'm worried about being forced into something. I don't want to do.I'm worried about being used as a tool to further another's psychotic goals.Not every member of my kind likes bloodshed.My father makes up for those few." She idly wondered how he could not know about the homicidal Lycan king.The beast had been all the other royals talked about for months at one point.

Tris noticed Alistair sudden discomfort at her last remark and was suddenly glad she didn't elaborate on what would happen.Though he did startle a laugh from her when he crossed his heart.She hadn't been expecting something like that from anyone here, least of all him.

Her laugh faded as quickly as it formed, though the seriousness from her demeanor disappeared slightly
"I won't make you hope to die or stick a needle in your eye...But thank you all the same.." She hesitated momentarily before relaxing her guarded posture, something about that surprised expression made her think he didn't make that promise often, if ever.

Company: Alistair Mood: Mixed Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

Alistair understood not wanting to be forced to do something. After all, the whole treaty situation was something he was very obviously furious about, but he didn't think that was what Tris was talking about. He was sure that she didn't care for the marriage thing either, but that was a given. No one would want that. So, she didn't want to be forced into...being that perfect lycan soldier? That seemed the most likely, he supposed.

He found himself suddenly reaching his hand toward her, like he wanted to put it on her arm in a comforting manner. When he realized what he was doing, he froze, hand outstretched halfway between the two of them, and then quickly retracted his arm. "For what it's worth," he said, feeling very self-conscious and unable to look at her. "I'd choose to help you if you wanted to...say 'screw you' to anyone trying to force you to..." Fight? Butcher people? Be that apathetic monster that she clearly despised? "...do anything you hated."

His attention shifted back to her when she laughed. She thanked him and seemed to relax a little bit. He gave a small shrug, uncomfortable. He wasn't used to anyone, besides Alice, thanking him, least of all someone who was so very different from him.

ooc:

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris was a little surprised at how easy it was to speak with Alistair, given their previous disagreement a little while before in the hall.She normally tended to stay as far away from people as possible without outright ignoring them.And of course the whole reason of this treaty was marriage and half breeds, so there would have to be interaction, but she certainly hadn't expected to get along with a vampire.Or for him to seem to actually care.It was a little astonishing.

Brought out of her thoughts when she saw him move, a startled look crossed her face when he realized Alistair was reaching for her.Tris didn't move out of reach, simple stood and waited to see what he'd do, noting that was twice now he'd reached out, but only once had he made contact.A tiny grin appeared at his comment
"I'll keep that in mind...But we don't say 'screw you'..Its more of a very viscous sounding snarl..." She noticed his discomfort growing and wondered how often he had someone thank him, guessing it wasn't often with that reaction.

Tris kept her arms crossed and opted for leaning back against the banister rather than go back up the stairs,Her head was cocked slightly as she studied him, trying to figure out how he could be so callus at times but nice at others.Shed only known him for a little under and hour and he was already making her curious.

Company: Alistair Mood: Curious Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

Alistair wasn't particularly happy with the way things were going. He was feeling things that he'd never felt before, and he hated it. Or at least, his mind told him that he should hate it, but the rest of him wasn't really in it.

He noted the smile that crossed Tris's face when he told her that he'd be willing to help her, and he looked away again, turning his attention, instead, to his hand, which although it no longer felt hot from touching Tris, felt slightly uncomfortable, like his skin was stretched too tightly over his bones.

"If you choose to metaphorically say 'screw you,' then," he said.

He finally lifted his gaze back to her, wishing very much for this strange turn of events to end and end soon. The look on Tris's face, however, told him that it might not be ending. She seemed to be curious with what was happening, and if there was anything Alistair knew about curiosity, it was that it was a pretty big temptation to sate that curiosity.

So, he had to do something. Something that would throw her off track and make her forget about all the weird things he'd been doing.

His eyes flicked down to her pocket. "What's in your pocket, anyway?" he asked. She'd been obviously uncomfortable with the fact that he'd seen a part of it before, so...surely, this would be a good enough distraction.

ooc:

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris watched Alistair look to his hand once again and frowned in thought, realizing her arm felt a little numb.She didn't like the feeling.Absently, she rubbed at it, hoping that weird tingling feeling would go away soon.

The corner of her mouth quirked up again in a little smile, unable to picture him snarling at a member if her kind.She nearly started laughing again
"As I said, I'll keep it in mind."

She knew that look well enough, having used it herself.Trying to think if a way to politely end the conversation she shifted on her feet, pushing away from the banister slightly only to turn a bright pink in embarrassment at his next inquiry.Of course he'd ask about the bear.

Tris hesitated a moment, and rather than answer verbally, pulled a palm sized little white teddy bear from her pocket.It had various little embroidered designs on it, but the most noticible was in a bright blue thread on the bottom of the bears right foot that read 'Ian'.She kept it out of her pocket long enough for Alistair to give it a quick once over before putting it away
"Like I said before.You're not the only one here with someone to protect..."

Company: Alistair Mood: Curious Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

Timid Consumer

User Image

Where; Garden
                                        With; N|A

"ᴰᵒ ᴵ ᵒʷᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃ ᶠᵃᵛᵒʳˀ"
                                      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Marco let out a chuckle at Foster's eagerness as he began walking back down the hallway. The garden must have been in the back of the house, and with such large grounds, Marco figured the easiest way to get there would be to go around the side from the front entrance where he'd come in. Couldn't be too difficult. He swiveled on his heels and started walking backwards so he could face Foster "Mate! Let's use up some of that excitement..." He let his face relax into a taunting grin, "Race ya outside."

Marco immediately turned back and set off in a fast jog. Foster didn't exactly look athletic, and he himself wasn't exactly in the best of form from his urban lifestyle. There was a large part of him though that took a great deal of pleasure from running through an expensive house that probably shouldn't be run through. He turned sharply when he reached the hall that lead back to the entrance, then jumped and slid down the banister on the stairs, laughing at himself. Marco stopped dead for a split second when he saw two of the other residents in the entrance way, one only a few feet from where he'd landed. Casually, he whistled and innocently walked to the doors that lead outside, opening one and slipping away outside. Nailed it.

Marco stepped onto the gravel pathway, sparing a glance at his bike, then looked around. Left or right, which way to go? Marco was sure both directions would take him around to the back, so he decided left. They both looked the same anyway, with neatly lined and trimmed bushes probably perfectly symmetrical on each side. He kept to the edge of the mansion as he walked around it.

The garden was well worth it once he finally reached it. There was a glass doorway to to his right on the back of the house that lead to some kind of sunroom, so he stepped in front of it to begin exploring the garden as it should have been. He whipped out his phone and took a picture to send to Charlotte. There were flowers everywhere, she'd love it. It was like organized chaos, he could tell somebody had designed the garden to look like a mixture of elegant and wild. It was working well though, he gave the designer credit. Looking at the scenery eased some of the tension in his shoulders he hadn't realized was there, maybe it was the elf in him happy to finally be surrounded by nature.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Thoughts: #95714F
Speech: #902D32

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

Alistair could tell that Tris was amused by what he'd said, and he wondered what exactly she found so funny. To him the matter was pretty serious, and yet she was smiling and seemed to be on the verge of laughter. He shifted uncomfortably when she said that she'd keep his request in mind, wondering if maybe he should have just kept his mouth shut. He didn't really think that it was a good idea to be making such promises -- even as a person who broke promises often.

When he asked her what was in her pocket, she flushed in embarrassment, and he smirked a little, as if getting under her skin like that was making him feel more like his old self.

Tris took the thing out of her pocket, and he studied it. A white bear. He frowned in thought as the werewolf returned the thing to her pocket.

"Like I said before.You're not the only one here with someone to protect..." she said.

"No, I suppose not," he said. His thoughts went to Alice for a moment, and he wondered who Tris might be protecting and from what. The person was almost assuredly younger than her, if the bear was given to Tris from that person, but that was all he could guess. He wanted to ask her. He didn't like not knowing.

He rubbed the palm of his hand absentmindedly and he looked away from her. Whatever it was Tris was trying to protect this person from could probably be linked in some way to what he was trying to protect Alice from -- something that had to do with this marriage arrangement. Basically, Alice and this person were something akin to hostages -- if things didn't go well here, they would be the ones to suffer, not those who would wage war.

He found himself getting really angry at this train of thought and he ground his teeth together. "If the only reason we're hear is to protect someone we care about, I don't really see how this treaty is going to work."

ooc: Bad post is bad.

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris toyed with the bear in her pocket, knowing An was half the reason she was here.At six years old, he was still small com paired to the others of their kind.Then there was his own gift that set him apart.She wanted the treaty, yes, but her father had twisted it.He knew she'd do anything to keep the boy safe.And he'd threatened to use her brother as a tool if she didn't agree to this.

She noticed Alistair's smirk, and made a note that he seemed more comfortable when others seemed out of place.Then she saw that little bit of curiosity, and wondered what it was that caused it.

"Whether they admit it or not.." She shifted on her feet again, trying to figure out why this vampire intrigued her so, and her confused thoughts.

A slightly startled look crossed Tris' face at Alistair sudden anger, half worried she'd done something before she realized it was just the situation in general.She hesitated a moment, choosing her words carefully
"It's a building block...Having something to protect gives each of us some sort of common ground.For some, it's a single person, or a group.For others it's land or honor.If you find a single block, no matter how slight, or large, a common ground can be found...I think that's what the elders are hoping for...?" She trailed off, looking a little embarrassed again, and suddenly wishing she'd kept her mouth shut.The guy probably just wanted to go home and here she was giving him a reason why he'd been forced into the mansion to begin with.

Company: Alistair Mood: Slightly embarrassed Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

((Nah, it's not that bad))

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

Alistair's anger didn't wane, and he was surprised that even though Tris had some sort of natural propensity towards being able to read people, she was ridiculously naive, in his opinion. This whole situation, this treaty, the way he and Tris and the others were being forcefully pushed together...there was nothing about that that was okay in the slightest. Even if there was common ground among all of them, the very fact that they were here against their wills completely overrode that.

He closed his eyes, the anger still swelling inside of him, no matter how hard he tried to hold it back. "Sure," he said. "Having something to protect may give us common ground, but..." He looked at her again. "Being forced to do something with whatever it is you desire to protect being held as collateral is completely different."

It disgusted him that Tris was making excuses. He didn't like it at all. "If the elders all think that a treaty between the kingdoms is necessary, then they should just put together a treaty. This marriage thing is madness and completely unnecessary."

ooc:

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris kept an eye on Alistair, this sudden mood swing worrying her slightly.She could understand his anger, yes, but to this extent it was a little terrifying.Then there was that look of disgust he gave her, like she was somehow at fault as well.She felt her own temper flare it's ugly head.

She took a deep breath to calm herself before speaking, though her eyes had narrowed dangerously, they usual honey color turning amber again
"I wasn't forced into any of this.I came her by choice.I know the stakes if the humans do wage war on us, my father just made it clear what would happen if this turned out to be another of my failures."

She gave a little snort of disgust herself.His attitude was what was going to make this be for nothing, that and his lack of understanding of the genetic make up it all "They have signed a treaty, which is why our own wars have stopped and my kind isn't killing yours.The marriages are necessary because the product of two species will be stronger than both.And it is also the surest way to ensure future wars between the races won't happen.It is the only way whatever each of is protecting will be safe, whether you're here against your will or not.Good day." She fell silent again, slightly annoyed by the fact she was angry again and had no idea why.Perhaps it was the situation, but she knew there was no way around it.If they wanted a sure fire way to keep the treaties unbroken, they would have to go through with this marriage thing.

Company: Alistair Mood: Irritated Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

Alistair was quiet for a moment after Tris had spoken, her eyes narrowed, a clear indication that she had resorted to anger, as well. Her words only further confirmed the idea that she was very, very naive. To actually believe that being there was her choice was ridiculous, and he couldn't begin to fathom how she could actually see that as the truth. None of them really had a choice.

"Yeah, your dad sounds like a real nice guy," Alistair said, voice thick with sarcasm. "Did he tuck you into bed at night, too? Did you get enough hugs?"

He knew he was being unfair, using Tris's unstable relationship with her father against her, but at that moment he truly and honestly did not care. He was angry. Angry at her, angry at his parents, angry at the other royals, angry at the humans. He wasn't sure if there was anybody he wasn't angry with.

He shook his head. "They signed a treaty that forces us into this." He swung his arms out to indicate the situation they were in. "It's not the same. They could have found another way, a simpler way."

He lowered his arms. "And if you really think the war is over, if you really think that having children marry into different kingdoms...if you really think that will end an age old feud..." He stopped, feeling even more disgusted, then gave a small, mocking laugh. "It must be nice, having such a simplistic view of the world. You probably get a ton of sleep at night."

ooc:

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris knew that look.Shed been given it often before.She wasn't naive, but she did have a great deal of faith in those venture, however insane it sounded,They had one chance to end this, and she wasn't backing down.She made her choice and she was prepared to die for it if necessary.

A muscle in her jaw ticked, the only outward sign that Alistair jab at her relationship with her father stung.By this point, her voice had turned cold, just a mere warning as to what would happen if he kept at it
"No, he sang lullabies and read bedtimes stories, you a**. Her tone was sarcastic to say the least, and she was visibly shaking with anger, the only emotion she knew would hide the pain.

It was funny, in a way.She had this exact same argument at home just last night in fact.Her father hadn't wanted to sign the treaty, but for once listened to her argument, then gave an ultimatum if she failed.He was sick that way, but sadly, it was all he knew.

Tris felt the first signs of the turn and taught against it, her canines lengthening into fangs even as she spoke, though a harsh laugh came first
"A simpler way?And you think I'm naive.The simpler way would be to eradicate an entire species for the views of a few."

There it was, that mocking little laugh and another jab at her optimism.Her temper flared and the world went red.She was tired of being mocked, called a child and being told something simple couldn't work.Especially when no one tried in the first place.She vaguely registered the sound of ripping cloth was acutely aware of the fact someone had been bright enough to make the ceiling of the mansion high.Because now, standing in front of Alistair, wasn't the tiny five foot two waif of a woman, but an eight hundred pound nine foot werewolf who looked ready to kill him.Luckily for him, all she seemed content with doing at the moment was letting out an inhuman, ungodly sounding roar in his face.

Company: Alistair Mood: Roar Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

((Refer to the pic attached to the profile for this form))

Dedicated Regular

User Image

kli:æ ævenʒi:

You are protected, in short, by your ability to love

Klia was very distinctly aware as she lay in the warmth that she couldn't sleep. The unmoving cloth was different from the bodies of her siblings - she couldn't feel comfortable. Squirming more, she reached beneath her to grab a book, yanking at it gently until it came through the layers of fabric. Maybe some light reading will help. she thought, making her way out of the bag again. She dropped onto the floor and picked up her staff. It was still loud outside. From the weight and texture of the book, Klia knew it was "Maxia á terra enriba", written by a fae who expressed his interest in the magic of other lands. More of a journal than a spell book, she knew it had one useful spell from an unnamed elven tribe. Kneeling and laying the book open on the floor, Klia quickly flipped to page 162 where the incantation was listed.

A spell to reduce sound, more of a barrier than a large area reduction, but if she could correctly cast it it would be extremely helpful. She read over the incantation, silently mouthing the old words until she knew she could chant it without making an error, then spoke it aloud. Her hands lit up with mana at the end of the chant, and she touched her hands to her ears, placing the barrier over them. Instantly, everything was quieter.

Klia, happy with her success, closed the book and took flight to the door in the door, pushing it open and listening. It all sounded as it would in her larger form. Klia flew down the hallway, to where she'd been before. Perhaps Roziel is still in the kitchen...

But she was halted at the stairwell, curiosity wanting to listen to the conversation going on. The two seemed to be arguing over the fact they were there, or at least angrily discussing it. Klia had a strong feeling this would happen, but it was terrible to see it, though she knew each had their own reasons for disliking the current situation... Then the woman changed. It made Klia shiver a bit, seeing the transformation in person. So much more real than her simple illusion of a larger form. Unfortunately, anger was oozing from the werewolf, along with intent to kill. The roar she let out was horrifying.

Cautiously, Klia moved forward to the werewolf's shoulder, floating an inch above the fur. "This is not the way." Klia said calmly. "Don't fight him, not with our worlds at stake. You risk both the treaty and the lives of your people with this act. If you wish to fight, let him make the first move - he who thinks there's an easier way than this. You both forget there aren't just two races involved."

"Your races may have the power to fight the humans alone - but not every race does. This treaty, this plan, it benefits all of us equally - more equally than a simpler plan would. My people and I are small, how easy would it be for your families to forget our existence as they often do, as humans tear down the forest we reside in? We can't fight the machines they bring. With the power of another race in our blood as well - and an obligation of blood from another race to assist us, maybe we can fight as well." Klia explained carefully, keeping her voice level. She wasn't angry at the other races, even at humans. She was sure they needed the wood. The other races probably felt her race was fine, since they rarely made a fuss. It wasn't their fault.

"So you two can stop fighting, because my people at least need this. Your hatred for each other can wait, as long as the threat of humans is present." She looked at each in turn, "They collect your vampire teeth as trophies, and slaughter your werewolf kin for their pelts. Do you really think they'll stop that while we're here? Calm down."

Where ▬ Entrance Hall/Stairwell
      With ▬ Trissiana, Alistair
      OOC ▬ It's been a while... sorry for the long speech D;

"Speech"
Thoughts

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items