Welcome to Gaia! ::

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

It was obvious enough to Alistair that Tris did not like what he was saying about her relationship with her father. She spat out her own sarcastic remark and by that point her anger had manifested into visible signs, while earlier she had been able to hide it. Well, it was nice to know that he was having an effect on her.

Seeing her fangs intrigued Alistair, even as it unnerved him. He'd never had contact with werewolves before, so he'd never seen such a thing.

"No," he nearly snarled. "You're missing my entire point. They expect us to get along and put our differences behind us but won't do it themselves when that would be the simpler choice. The problem is that none of them care about ending the hatred between our kingdoms. This treaty is simply convenient for them at the moment."

He felt like he was screaming, even though he knew that his voice was surprisingly calm given the fury that fueled him. He waited to see how Tris would respond to his comment about her simplistic view of the world, but she never spoke any words. Instead, she changed her form. He hadn't been expecting that.

Beyond all reason, he gave a rather unhinged smile. He braced himself for what would happen next, and he was ready to show Tris that despite the fact she was physically stronger than him that he could still beat her. He didn't care how large and monstrous she became; there was no way he'd lose.

Before either of them had a chance to do anything, however, one of the royals from the faerie kingdom showed up. She told Tris not to fight him and proceeded to also talk about how these marriages were necessary.

Alistiar sneered at her. "And why should I care about your people? You're nothing to me and nothing to my people."

He kept his eye on Tris, just in case she chose to attack him in spite the faerie's words.

ooc:

The Lady Reaper

Aoi-Devvi

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
Ʈɍɨʂʂɨɑɳɑ ӝ Ɉɵєɫɫɑ ӝ Ͼɧɑɳɗɫєɍ
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris had absolutely no actual intention of hurting Alistair, but she had lost her temper, to a degree that startled even her.It had been years since she'd lost it to the point she turned, and she was having a hard time figure out what it was about this vampire that made it hard for her to get a handle on her emotions.but that smile of his let her knew just how unnerved he was, and how much of a fight he'd put up if she did attack.

She let out a small snort, the action sounding a little disgusted and irritated, before turning to look at the fairy girl from earlier.Klia, she reminded herself as she flicked an ear to show she was listening.The girl had a point.The fairies would be most affected by human encroachment, they had the most to loose.And while she could speak in this form, it usually hurt her throat afterwards,but she had grown tired of his insults and arrogance.

When she did speak it sound gravely and harsh, showing her voice box wasn't exactly designed for speech at the moment
"And you miss the biggest point of all.They already have life partners.We don't.They have agreed to set aside their differences and see if any of their children are comparable enough to create a marriage, and thus a child, of two species.Your too self centered to see past the fact they put you in a situation you don't like."

Carefully, she held up a hand, or paw whichever you prefer, making sure her claws were no where near Klia's wings as an offering for somewhere to sit or stand.She knew hovering in midair for sometime had to be tiring,

At the vampires next remark, her lips curled back in a silent snarl, revealing a row of razor sharp teeth.If anything, that silent threat would be enough to make him pale
"Because if we loose them, you loose your food source, idiot.It is the fairies who keep nature alive to feed the rest of us, and the humans.Let them die and you kill yourselves,"

She was beginning to feel awkward, staring down at Alistair, when before she had been looking up.But it wasn't possible for her to turn back, at least not until she was safely back in her rom with the door firmly shut.She wasn't about to walk about the mansion stark naked.

And dance beneath the pale moonlight?

Company: Alistair, Klia Mood: Roar Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

Aoi-Devvi

Dedicated Regular

User Image

kli:æ ævenʒi:

You are protected, in short, by your ability to love

As soon as Trissiana spoke, Klia was fascinated by the biological change her body must have gone through. The voice was completely different, which was obvious seeing she'd become a different species - so much different from her magic. She was surprised at her own interest, wondering if there was a way to make the voice a projection rather than forcing the new vocal chords to make sounds they physically weren't supposed to produce. Klia was enraptured, but quickly snapped out of it, stopping herself from staring too long at the werewolf beside her and mentally scolding herself for being rude. She'd work on the idea later - one of her books must have information on how to create new magic.

But soon a paw came up before her, and she nodded her thanks as she accepted a temporary seat on Trissiana's hand, unconsciously stroking her hand over the short fur. She'd expected it to feel more coarse.

She looked back to the vampire as he spoke his mind. Klia felt her eyes narrow in anger at the remark against her people. She knew not every race cared deeply for one another, and not ever race learnt about the others, she was happy enough Trissiana knew of her peoples duty. "Water and fire clashed, and earth was borne of their hatred. The fae were born of the wind and earth's love - to guard life for eternity... Or so goes the legend. Whether it is true or not, Trissiana is correct in saying that without the fae, the land would perish."

Klia let out a sigh as she thought. There was too much to say about the delicate balance nature had, and she couldn't seem to find the right words to explain it all, deciding it was better to simplify the problem. "But it isn't that we keep nature alive, it's that we don't let it die by simply sitting and pretending it isn't our problem. The leaders of the fae kingdoms have the lives of every living thing of their shoulders, and they accept that responsibility upon ascension to the throne out of their own free will." It wasn't for no reason, after all, that the royal couple, in her family at least had, so many offspring. It wouldn't do to pass on that task to one with little power, or one who didn't want to accept their role.

"It seems that even one of the oldest and most intelligent races is beginning to forget that though duty may force us to accept the burden, we still accept it without complaint." Klia spoke, disliking the disdain she couldn't help but let seep out through her voice. "...Even the humans have started to noticed the effect they're having on the planet by destroying the land they walk. It's a shame you clearly have not, and are strongly opposing the one solution that could save us all."

Where ▬ Entrance Hall/Stairwell
      With ▬ Trissiana, Alistair

"Speech"
Thoughts

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

Tris's voice was almost comical; it wasn't even close to fitting the small, fragile looking girl that he'd been conversing with before. Of course, it's not like she looked even remotely similar, either, so that made sense. What wasn't comical, however, was how she continued to talk the same s**t as if nothing he said had made even a fraction of sense to her.

"I'm not talking about marriage!" The snarl that had been just at the edge of his voice before was now clearly evident. "So it doesn't matter if they have life partners or not. And they haven't set aside differences. Forcing their kids into this is not setting aside their differences. It's them expecting us to set aside our differences, which I already said." He knew he was on the verge of hysteria, but this was just ridiculous.

He was practically seething when he was done, and he watched Tris hold up a hand...or paw, rather...and the fairy settle down on it.

Tris's response to his comment about not caring about the faerie's was enough to garner an eye roll from him. He could see that he'd angered the faerie with his words, but as he'd already said, why should he care about the faeries? He certainly didn't care that he'd pissed this one off, and he wouldn't care if she died either. And all this talk about faeries keeping nature alive was really starting to get on his nerves.

"Please, spare me the history lesson," he told the faerie. "Whatever you have to say about yourself and your kingdom, I really don't want to hear. And I really don't want to hear how this is the one solution either."

He settled his gaze on the faerie. "And I only oppose this preposterous thing in thought and words only. I'm here, aren't I? I could have just not come, so don't act so high and mighty, faerie. Just because I don't believe this was the only solution or the best solution doesn't mean I'm not going to go along with it."

ooc:

The Lady Reaper

Aoi-Devvi

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris took a deep breath, calming herself before she snapped.It was clear nothing she said had gotten through the way she meant it to.Alistair was intent on whatever course of action he had in mind, and his feelings on that matter were clear as well.Her throat was beginning to hurt and she had noticed a maid hereby, waiting to clean up the mess of tattered cloth at her feet.

Her fur started to bristle, making her look even larger than before
"Then prove to them that we can let go?This is as much of a test as it is an arrangement.What we do and say will fracture into the continuation of the rocky treaty already in place."

Her eyes flicked to Klia, momentarily startled by the tiny woman's hand brushing through the fur between the rough pads on her hand.It felt weird to say the least, as she turned her attention back to the vampire.Dear god he was as irritating as he was intriguing.Not that she'd admit it out loud.

Tris ground her teeth slightly, and leaned down, the end of her muzzle an inch or so from Alistair's face, so he'd have no choice but to look into those odd amber eyes
"If your set on staying, then keep your mouth shut about history, because I've the feeling that's all you'll be getting.If this is to work, we need to learn of the other races, not just what our parents have passed off and what are in the old books.Grow up and be a man, not a sniveling child who's malcontent with the card that has been drawn for them." She leaned a little farther down and snagged the little bear from the pile of ripped clothing before straightening up.

She gave Klia a slightly apologetic look and moved her hand over the flat surface of the banister so the fairy would have another place to sit or stand.She was a little surprised the woman made no comment on the fact she was basically a walking furnace, then wrote it off, knowing her kind tended to try and avoid being rude.She glanced at the made again briefly, noting a name tag
"Excuse me, if you will.I believe Ms. Anders would like to clean the mess I've made, and I'd like to not be a giant furball before Anyone else sees...."

Company: Alistair, Klia Mood: Roar Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

Aoi-Devvi

Timid Consumer

User Image

Where; Entrance Hall
                                        With; Trissiana, Alistair, Klia

"ᴰᵒ ᴵ ᵒʷᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃ ᶠᵃᵛᵒʳˀ"
                                      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Stood in the garden, Marco waited a little while before wondering where Foster was. s**t... did I lose him? He thought, though it was almost impossible seeing as he'd just gone down and out. What if he thought I was going round to the back... Marco stole a look behind him to the sun room. It was guessable. His phone buzzed lightly in his pocket and, having no other priorities with Foster missing, Marco decided it was high time he answered his texts. He quickly skimmed through them. Yeah, they were mad he didn't wake them all up before he skipped town. Chuckling softly, Marco dialed the first number on his contact list, heading back to the house as it rung.

"Marco you evil..." Charlotte stopped and took a breath "I'm so glad you're not dead. We were all so worried when we didn't get replies from you!"
                                        "Yeah girl, there were too many. And I was busy, give a guy a break." Marco laughed into phone, rounding the corner of the house. "Got to my new pad though. It's pretty damn fancy, got a picture to send you of the garden here, real pretty, you'd love it."
                                        "It has a garden!? With flowers and everything? I want to- wait hold on." Voices mumbled in the background "-yeah it's Marco... What I wasn't finished- No you can call him yourself!" His laugher continued as the phone emitted sounds of a struggle. He knew Charlotte had lost as her raised voice became more distant and a new one started speaking. Marco was just rounding the corner to the entrance. He went through two more switches before he reached the entrance again, and quietly pushed the handle down, remembering the two others that had been in the hall earlier. He didn't want to disturb them if they were still around.

When he slipped into the entrance hall once again and looked up, Marco dropped the phone and clenched his teeth together to hold in the scream that immediately rose to his throat.

Swallowing the sound, Marco tried to keep his composure. "Aahhh-okay I wasn't expecting that at all..." Marco's voice sounded fine, but he knew his wide eyes and faster breathing would definitely betray his fear. His heart was beating like mad, and he was close to being terrified of the giant wolf-person-thing that stood on the stairway.

Marco was dimly aware of the voice coming from his disgarded phone, and slowly lowered himself to pick it up, hand shaking violently. Still watching the werewolf. "Yeah sorry mate... I'm gonna have to call you back." And with that, he ended the call.

Thoughts: #95714F
Speech: #902D32

Dedicated Regular

User Image

Klia decided it was time to stay quiet. It would not do to talk to one who did not have his ears open, and the discussion had gone on long enough. Alistair was also correct, he was here, though he seemed to be making the ordeal infinitely more difficult for himself mentally. She lightly stepped off Tris's hand and onto the banister when she was silently asked to do so, and made ready to release all of the anger the vampire had made her feel. She held her staff out horizontally and she and it began to glow while it worked to gathered the mana from the air around her. She was mentally grateful the staff didn't use up her own power. The cogs that were usually still, floating around the shaft, began to turn and increase in speed. Nothing happened for a minute, then within a fraction of a second the banister was coated in a thin layer of ice. Klia let out the breath she'd been holding, infinitely more relaxed.

Klia floated upward so she could hover above the banister. It was cold enough just holding the staff, she didn't need her legs freezing as well. She looked up to Trissiana, registering that she'd spoken. "I wouldn't say you are a giant furball" She laughed softly, "I find that form stunningly beautiful. The change your body must go through is fascinating..." She trailed off, once more in awe of the werewolf and the magic their race held.

But she was again distracted as a small clatter rang out from the doorway, and she pivoted in the air to look at the red-haired man who'd entered. He'd dropped a strange device, and was looking thoroughly afraid.

She took it to mean the man had never seen a werewolf before - but then neither had she, other than pictures in books, and she wasn't afraid. Klia was slightly confused, the man must have known at least there would be representatives from the werewolf kingdom here? She didn't know what to say to ease his fear though, especially since she didn't know the root of his panic, so she stayed awkwardly where she was. Perhaps he'd get over his fear oh his own - it may have just been a shock, she thought. She vaguely remembered him from their first visit upstairs, he'd seemed calm enough then, if a little improper.

Where ▬ Entrance Hall, Stairway
      With ▬ Trissiana, Alistair, Marco

"Speech"
Thoughts

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

Alistair barked out a laugh at Tris's words. "Prove to them that we can put our differnces aside? What does that have to do with anything? Answer: nothing." He leaned his back against the wall, but he kept himself ready in case he pissed either the werewolf or the faerie off enough to try to kill him, which wouldn't be surprising. "What we do and feel is irrelevant to what they should have done but chose not to do."

When Tris bent down closer to him, he pressed his hands flat against the wall, so that he could push away quickly if need be. Her face was close enough to his that she could reach forward and bite it if she chose, but he had enough confidence in himself to be able to avoid something like that.

"Don't tell me what to do, puppy," he said, giving a half-grin. "You know, this argument wouldn't have even happened if you hadn't felt the need to judge me for my anger. I have a right to be angry."

Tris bent down, retrieving that weird bear thing that had been in her pocket and then stood back to her full height. His eyes briefly flicked from Tris to the faerie who was now moving from the werewolf's hand to the banister. He returned his attention to Tris, not feeling very worried about the faerie. After all, what could she really do? Punch him to death with her tiny hands? Even whatever kind of magic she was using with her staff didn't seem very frightening. She was just too small to be of much concern to him.

Alistair rolled his eyes at Tris's comment to the faerie about not wanting to be a giant furball. He was about to make a comment about how she was so much more attractive in the form she was currently in, but before he could, he saw the front door opening and another person walk in. The look of shock and fear on his face was positively thrilling.

He glanced at Tris, wondering how she would react, since he knew that she didn't like the idea of being "monstrous." This man clearly saw her as some sort of monster, and he was sure that she would positively hate it. His lips twitched as he fought to hold back a smile.

ooc: Sorry this took me so long to write. sweatdrop

The Lady Reaper

Aoi-Devvi

Introverted Piano

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris glanced at the fairy, a bit of amusement showing through at her comment.She wouldn't think this form beautiful on the full moon, that was certain.She watched a little fascinated as Klia froze the banister.It was cold, sure, but a single touch from Tris' padded fingertip melted it rather easily.

She turned her attention back to Alistair, one ear twitching at being called a puppy.Rather than being nailed, she found it a little funny
"Clearly, you're not going to change their minds.So get over it." She stretched slightly, her fur and skin rippling with the movement "I never said you didn't have the right to be angry.Nor am. I judging your anger.Im simply stating that it won't change anything."

Tris' one ear swiveled slightly towards the door as it opened and her nose twitched at the sudden scent of fear.Rather that give Alistair the satisfaction of a bad reaction, she simply turned her head slightly to peer at the redheaded man from earlier, noticing he was talking to someone, or rather, multiple someone's, on a cell phone.Turning the bear over in her hand, she sighed slightly.It would seem she'd have to forgo turning back a few moments longer.

She never turned her attention from the red head, but that didn't mean she didn't know what was happening behind her.She heaved a small sigh and crouched slightly, so she was sitting on her haunches, though still stood taller than the others
"Wipe that smug look of your face, leech.Just because one elf overreacts doesn't mean I'm going to have a mental breakdown.And whoever you are, if I'd wanted to hurt you, or anyone else here, I would have done so already." Though she was still contemplating it with Alistair.

Company: Alistair, Klia, Marcus Mood: Tired, irritated Location: Entrance hall/ stair case

mythological irony

Aoi-Devvi

Introverted Piano

((No worries))

Timid Consumer

User Image

Where; Entrance Hall
                                        With; Trissiana, Alistair, Klia

"ᴰᵒ ᴵ ᵒʷᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃ ᶠᵃᵛᵒʳˀ"

As he watched, the group had a very interesting little pause in action, the white haired guy and maid turning to look at the werewolf. Seemed neither of them were going to interfere.

Marco paused for a beat after the werewolf spoke, then burst out laughing. He looked like an idiot and knew it. His voice still shook slightly while he spoke, but the rest of his body took on a relaxed stance. "Of course you aren't! Or - weren't. Yup, I'm just- I'm just not used to seeing, well, anything. Y'know stories don't exactly paint your, uh, kind in a positive light... and stuff." He tried looking anywhere but directly at the werewolf, in case it changed it's mind about not hurting him, settling for the very intriguing carpet. "You're not always like that right?" He asked hopefully. "Guess it doesn't matter an' all but y'know." Marco shrugged. Worst thing he could do was offend it.

"Either way..." Marco said, taking a few steps closer to the little gathering, "I'm lookin' for the pink haired guy, Foster. You guys seen him?" And as he moved forward, Marco noticed the tiny person by the banister and again he paused for a beat, refusing to be weird a second time - even if this entire situation was not normal for him. "Yo Tinkerbell - weren't you bigger before?" He could have sworn he'd seen her normal sized and wasn't just going crazy.

Thoughts: #95714F
Speech: #902D32

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

Alistair looked at Tris, his expression completely deadpan. "Choosing to get over something that's clearly messed up and wrong is the sign of someone who's willing to commit to anything as long as it avoids conflict." His expression quickly turned to one of disgust mixed with more anger. "When you tell me to stop being angry and that I'm being self-centered, you are clearly judging me for my anger."

His fingernails scraped against the wall as his fingers curled inwards slightly. "So, stop telling me what to do. I have a right to be angry. I never said my anger would change the way everyone else feels or what's happening, so why don't you back off." His eyes had narrowed considerably by this point, and he glared at the werewolf.

He tried to calm himself down, but it was hard. This woman positively infuriated him, and when she refused to react to the redhead's fear, it just ticked him off even more.

"Wipe that smug look of your face, leech.Just because one elf overreacts doesn't mean I'm going to have a mental breakdown.And whoever you are, if I'd wanted to hurt you, or anyone else here, I would have done so already," Tris said.

"I don't know what you're talking about, sweetheart," he said. "I'm not smug at all." He gave a small laugh and closed his eyes for a moment before opening them to look at her again. "And I didn't expect you to have a mental breakdown." He just expected her to dislike the thought, and the fact that she had felt the need to even say anything to him made him sure enough that she did dislike it, and that was enough for him. "Although when you do have a mental breakdown, call me. I'd love to watch."

His eyes moved past Tris to the man -- Tris had said he was an elf, right? -- and he resisted the urge to laugh at what Tris had said to him. If she had wanted to hurt him?

"Just don't lose control then," he muttered under his breath, knowing that no one except Tris would be able to hear that.

The elf's response to Tris's words were rather disappointing to Alistair, although it was clear enough that he was still not completely comfortable with the werewolf, which at least that was pleasing. The redhead went on to ask if they had seen "the pink haired guy, Foster." Alistair had no idea who that was, of course. He hadn't taken any time to get to know anyone here -- Tris had technically been an accident, and he didn't even know the faerie's name, yet, so she certainly didn't count.

Alistair snickered. "Maybe Tris ate him."

Okay, that was mean. Even for him.

ooc:

The Lady Reaper

Aoi-Devvi

Introverted Piano

Dedicated Regular

User Image

Quite glad Trissiana wasn't angry at the elf, Klia sat down on the banister. The elf seemed to have realised his mistake too, which was good, though from his words it seemed he'd been reading biased material. At least he would have a chance to learn otherwise, she thought, her eyes flicking to Alistair.

Looking back at the red head, she vaguely wondered if they'd asked for two royals from the northern kingdom... Though he certainly didn't look as though he was from the snowy regions. She'd briefly met the female elf earlier and though she hadn't felt well then the two elves hardly looked alike. In fact, they were complete opposites - but the other kingdom had long since disappeared. If they found them however... But then, who ran this arrangement to know where the other kingdom was and yet not tell the other races? The whole situation was sketchy at best, though she hadn't thought of it before now. Surely the race leaders couldn't have all agreed without a gentle push from someone, though she couldn't fathom who or what that entity would be.

Unfortunately, she hadn't seen the other fae except when Marco had introduced himself. She would have to find him later and talk, it was so rare for the two kingdoms to meet with one another, though their relationship was good.

Klia was annoyed Marco only noticed her when he moved closer - she could forgive him for that since she knew this form was quite small, but elves were said to be observant. He was definitely not what she was expecting from such a noble race. Klia was about to scold Alistair for his harsh words when Marco's made her blood boil. She was no pixie, as Tinkerbell was in her story, the childish imps had been cast out from her kingdom long ago for their mischievous acts. They were the one race the fae disliked unconditionally. Only humans ever mistook pixies for fairies - but true fairies either had much more elegant wings, or none at all, and didn't play idiotic tricks with rare magic powders.

"I was indeed larger before, it is my magic." Klia said coldly, glaring at the elf. Her own thoughts suddenly echoed in her mind, only humans ever mistook pixies for fairies. "Why do you act more like a human than the elf Trissiana claims you are?"

Where ▬ Entrance Hall/Stairway
      With ▬ Trissiana, Alistair, Marco

"Speech"
Thoughts

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

Tris gave a small inward sigh.Yes, she had been a bit judge mental, but not towards his anger.He was being like a child, intent on holding onto a wrong done to him with no way to chance it "There will always be conflict, whether it is been two people or thousands.I say what I do because I will do anything to protect the one thing in this world that has some meaning to me?If whoever, or whatever, your protecting has such a meaning, then you should understand.And perhaps you find this arrangement messed up and wrong, but there are some who do not.I have nothing against your kind, nor any other.In fact, I'd marry a human if I could find some common ground and if it pissed off my father.Be angry, break things, do as you wish, but think about why you are here and why you choose to stay.Otherwise, you may as well leave." Today seriously wasn't going as she had planned.Then again, all plans were ultimately doomed to fail, or so they say.

Her attention turned to the elf at his comment, her ear lowering and flattening against her skull.She knew better than anyone in the room exactly how her kind were pictured in books and stories.And while she'd admit the rouge members of her race were psychotic, the majority of them were not
"I know very well what the stories say, and you should be intelligent enough not to judge an entire race by the actions of a few.And no, I don't always look like this." This was just getting better and better, arguing with a vampire, being unintentionally, or maybe it was intentional, insulted by an elf, and a fairy who seemed to find this form intriguing.

Tris turned a dark look to Alistair, passing the silent message that if she lost control, he'd be the first one she went after.Luckily, she'd be safely locked by hind silver bars on the full moon, or so she'd been told, in order to keep the others safe and her from loosing her mind in guilt.She could still smell the elf's fear, but she found some small satisfaction in finding just a hint of it coming from Alistair.Then again, it may be possible that he didn't even recognize the emotion for what it was.

She turned her head again to the redhead to answer his question about the make fairy, only to freeze at Alistair's comment.If the other races knew anything about Lycans, it was that they never ate a sentient being.It was their number one law and punishable by death, with a few rounds of torture before hand.

Her face, barely readable before, had become a blank mask and her eyes had gone cold.But rather than lash out through the red haze that had started to form, she simply stood and turned, starting up the stairs, the wood creaking slightly beneath her newfound weight.At the top, there was a slight pause as she fumbled with the door knob, her hand too large and formed differently before entered her room, the door shutting behind her with a soft click.Which was more terrifying than if she had slammed it.

The maid stood shocked for a moment, unable to believe what had just been said.She was at least twice the age of anyone here, and never had she heard a remark like that.She gave Alistair a look that was both scathing and disapproving
"And to think your parent said you had manners.You can clean up the mess, your the one who caused it in the first place." With that the grey haired woman stalked past and into the what appeared to be an office, this door rattling with the force used to close it.It would seem the vampire wasn't off to a good start either.

Company: Alistair, Klia, Marcus Mood: Insulted, hurt Location: Entrance hall/ her room

mythological irony

Aoi-Devvi

Introverted Piano

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

His eyes narrowed considerably at her words. He did not like how she was trying to corner him into believing the way she did. According to her, if he cared about Alice, he had to understand that the situation they were in had merit. But he didn't understand. And he did care about Alice. And he hated Tris so much at that moment.

"If you like being married to a complete stranger, fine" he said, voice deadly calm. "But don't tell me that I should understand. Don't tell me that if I don't, then I don't care about the person I'm trying to protect."

Whatever Alistair might have been feeling before was quickly beginning to be drowned out by pure fury. "I came here to do what I could, but I don't have to like it and I don't have to think it was the only solution and I sure as hell don't have to stop talking about how much I hate it. My hatred for this situation exists whether or not I speak about it. And my feelings on the matter have nothing to do with Alice!"

He snapped his mouth shut, even angrier now that he had accidentally let information slip. Of course, it was only a name. Not much could be gathered by that, but it was still infuriating. He closed his eyes, trying to regain control of his breathing, which had become harsh and erratic, almost as if he'd just run a great distance.

The look that Tris gave him after he told her not to lose control helped calm him a little. Unlike how a normal person might react to a werewolf, much larger than oneself, giving you a death glare, Alistair felt more in control. Pissing off people was one of his specialties after all, and even if Tris were to kill him...well, that would be the ultimate proof that he had undoubtedly gotten under her skin. The thought was almost amusing.

What did not help matters, however, was her reaction to his final statement. He'd expected anger and fury, not the cold, seemingly emotionless reaction he got. It made him sick and he couldn't understand why. He watched her as she walked up the stares, struggled with the doorknob, and went into her room without even a slammed door or anything.

He turned slightly as if to go up the stairs after her, although he had no idea why he felt the need to follow, but stopped when he heard the maid that had been hovering around begin to speak. He turned his head to look at her, and whatever emotion he had been feeling at Tris's reaction quickly melted away into a mixture of disgust and amusement.

"If my parents said I had manners, they were pulling your leg. Really hard. Or deluding themselves. And if you think I'm going to clean a mess because you told me to, you're sorely mistaken. It can stay like this for all I care." He faced her completely, lifted a hand up, and flipped her off.

With that he turned back to the stairs and walked up them. Whatever the elf and faerie were thinking, he didn't care. Let them be shocked or sickened or amused or completely unaffected. He did not care. At all. He stopped outside Tris's door, feeling suddenly weak, like he might fall over at any moment. He put a hand to the wall and sucked in a breath, while he tried to steady himself.

He wanted to tell Tris that he was sorry. And he really was. What he'd said had been said without thinking, and even with the amount of anger he'd been feeling, he'd known that it had been a terrible thing to say. But he also knew that there was no way there werewolf would want to see him, so he turned his back to the wall and sat down, deciding that he would wait until she came out to see him. And she would know he was there, of course. She had a near uncanny knack for that kind of thing, it seemed.

He closed his eyes feeling unbelievably weak, which was beginning to make him feel angry again. He was a vampire. He shouldn't be feeling like this. Vampires couldn't get sick, and yet that was the only thing he could think of that was wrong with him. He opened his eyes again, staring at the wall across for him.

ooc:

The Lady Reaper

Aoi-Devvi

Introverted Piano

Surefire Alchemist

User Image
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Will you run with me?

The maid let out a sound of disgust from behind the closed door "You parents said nothing of the sort.But your kind is typically thought of to be well mannered.Its very clear however, something very wrong happened with you." With that a loud blast of music shut out anything else. Alistair might have said, as well as anyone else for that matter.Evevtually, one of the other maids, or a butler, would clean up the mess, only to wonder exactly what had happened.

Meanwhile, behind Tris' closed door, a small muffled, and rather strangled sob of pain sounded as well as the sickening pops and cracks as she shifted back into her 'human' form.The door was locked, she had remembered that at least, so there was no way for anyone to walk in.Moving to her duffle bag, she pulled out a fresh set of clothing, and rather than jeans and a shirt it was a pair of mesh gym shorts and a similar top.Even after shifting for so long, it hurt to have touch clothing touch her skin.

Sitting on the edge of her bed, Tris caught her reflection int the mirror and flinched.Red rimmed eyes, tear stains on her cheeks and looking completely miserable.She had to admit there was one nice thing about the turning.That ridiculous perm her mother had given her was gone.Something about chemical changes to the body and all.So now her waist length red hair had light waves and only a few strands had the slightest curl to them.

Coming up the stars, she had blocked out most of what the vampire had said, but she had registered a name.Alice.She could only guess it to be a sibling, because only a fool would come here if they already had someone in mind for marriage.Which brought up the fact she could smell him in the hall, just outside her door, through the cracks in the frame.

She ground her teeth, still hurt, but unable to stop the worry from the scent coming under the door.Something about it seemed familiar, but she couldn't place it, which made it all the more irritating.And to top it off something about this vampire got under her skin in ways she didn't get, nor did she like.Which made it worse because she couldn't speak.Holding that conversation, or argument rather, had taken it's toll on her voice, and she wouldn't be able to utter a word for hours.

Grinding her teeth, she picked up a pillow and threw it at the door.The wood shuddered under the force from her throw, letting him know she knew he was there, and she wasn't coming out.Scooting farther back onto the bed, she curled into a ball, turning the little bear over in her hands and tracing the patterns again, though the ones she traced the most was her brothers name.

Alone Mood: Insulted, hurt Location: Her room

mythological irony

Aoi-Devvi

Introverted Piano

((Blah..really sucky post, sorry))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers