Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Chachi-chama

Those all sound like terrifying stories, but I've heard similar real-life horror tales from other shows/fandoms as well. Those who injure others by glomping are probably doing it innocently, not meaning to harm but at the same time, not knowing their own strength.

Anyway, were these news stories or just stuff you heard from people? Because people tend to exaggerate, and the news does too so that they'll get pageviews if they're web based, or more people tuning into the TV station.

The racism is inexcusable. However, it's something that we're taught (as societies) from an early age, and I doubt that Hetalia is their main base for these beliefs. There is something else going on there.

Squeeing at advertisements: Um, I've done this before. D: I hope you don't think badly of me personally. I say "let people get excited, but running across a mall, which is ya know, a crowded area is probably a bad idea."

I don't like the idea of there being a thin line between a "good" fan and "bad" though. It creates the base for elitism, for people to say "well, we're the sane fans because we don't do X." Fandom does need to respect each other. I say as long as people don't do things that are so crazy that they endanger/hurt people IRL, it's okay (even if it's against my personal beliefs.)

And yes, I know that updates come to those who wait. I've established that I will wait for them, however long they take, but I hope it's within at least a year or two. >< I bet when they get here they will be more awesome than Prussia! <3

Edited several times because I fail at grammar and word usage today.

Ruthless Businesswoman

9,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Profitable 100
Prodigious_girl
XD Oh no, I hear you. I've corrected people and they've written thank you notes in their stories to me. Even so I still wish they'd put in that extra effort. Sometimes I understand because some people have an abundance of line they want to throw in that are French, but if you're only adding two or three and they're rather basic there's no need to use Google Translate. There are a few forums and websites that can help you construct a basic French sentence

Word

But ah well I give them brownie points for trying to keep Francy Pants in character by using French, he does have a habit of randomly throwing French words in his sentences in the series so I can't blame 'em.

unless they use "Mon nom est"
emotion_donotwant

Chatty Informer

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Misuki Marishima

The majority of the Hetalia stories I've only heard online (which is why I was so confused when I first got into the fandom about Hetalia's bad rep). But for some fandoms (MLP in particular) I've seen these people...and they just...scare me. Not because they like ponies or anything...but how fanatical they can be about 'em.

That's true about the racism thing, the story I was thinking of was something I read online about some Italy fangirl who wanted a waiter to burn the Mexican flag...in Mexico...because it was 'copying' Italy's flag or some shite like that (I do hope it was only an exaggerated story though, 'cause I'd really hate to imagine a person who was actually like that).

It may have been because I was...kinda so against that fandom...aaaand I was one of those 'I'm better than you' teens at the time...my mind mighta made it seem worse than it really was. *scratches back of head*

'Tis true, maybe the line ain't as thin as I was thinkin'. From what I've seen of the Hetalia fandom there's the elitists who think they're the best because of a, b, and c, there's the crai crais who become extremely obsessed with one character to the point of possibly leading to harming others, and then there's the chill fans in the middle who can take a joke and do their best to keep everyone from killing each other. Like, the ones that just want everyone to get along an' all that.

And sorry 'bout that, I totally missed some stuff. >.<" wink The wait will definitely make waitin' worth while, neh? It'll be more awesome than the awesome trio together!

Tipsy Lover

Howdy, Hetalia fans.

So, any thoughts on Tokyopop partnering with Rightstuf and Gentosha to release the third volume exclusively online?

Or will I be ignored as usual? :c

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Who said anyone here ignored you I sre didn't and if I have I'm sorry.

Actually they are also thinking of publishing it to paperback so people CAN own it if they want.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Chachi-chama
I ain't sayin' we need to stop makin' fan groups and such... et. al.

EXACTLY (sorry, your post was too long to quote it all). I completely agree.

amerimulete
Prodigious_girl
XD Oh no, I hear you. I've corrected people and they've written thank you notes in their stories to me. Even so I still wish they'd put in that extra effort. Sometimes I understand because some people have an abundance of line they want to throw in that are French, but if you're only adding two or three and they're rather basic there's no need to use Google Translate. There are a few forums and websites that can help you construct a basic French sentence

Word

unless they use "Mon nom est"
emotion_donotwant
XD That made me laugh. I would hope that even google translate can get this one right.

It's Je m'appelle in case anyone was wondering.

Chachi-chama
Misuki Marishima
That's true about the racism thing, the story I was thinking of was something I read online about some Italy fangirl who wanted a waiter to burn the Mexican flag...in Mexico...because it was 'copying' Italy's flag or some shite like that (I do hope it was only an exaggerated story though, 'cause I'd really hate to imagine a person who was actually like that).
O.O WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Alexei Williams-Braginsky
So, any thoughts on Tokyopop partnering with Rightstuf and Gentosha to release the third volume exclusively online?
I thought TokyoPop went out of business...

If they're coming back I hope they reprint Vol. 1. I can't find it anywhere.

Adored Raider

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Ah, the sweet sight of the many Hetalians here. xD

My favorite character.. Hahaha I guess I don't need to tell who it is.

No offense to the others, but I don't like the English dubs.. Russia was supposed to be innocent and all, and Jerry's voice was quite.. deep for the word 'innocent'. Though I must say that England's voice was good.

Capitalist

Chachi-chama
Misuki Marishima

» I feel sick. I mean, really, who in their right mind would do that? I'd be better off not believing that that actually happened. ;;o_o

Codebreaking Explorer

7,800 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Friendly 100
...I just enjoy how Hetalia is a parody of countries (their stereotypes) and to some extent history. I know that it is not "real" history, but it does give a fun perspective to look at the past on which it is based. There are the awesome fans that produce wonderful artwork and videos- I am very attached to the historical stuff ex. this
I love Russia and China there both so cute, I wanna get cuddled by Russia. 4laugh
Japan and Romano! emotion_yatta
My favorite scene is when Italy and Romano get their hair curls tied together, so Italy calls Germany to help, and all he hears is "Help", "Can't get it out", "It's stuck"- that was absolutely priceless, I laughed so hard! cat_blaugh

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
wanderer13
...I just enjoy how Hetalia is a parody of countries (their stereotypes) and to some extent history. I know that it is not "real" history, but it does give a fun perspective to look at the past on which it is based. There are the awesome fans that produce wonderful artwork and videos- I am very attached to the historical stuff ex. this

OHOHOHOHOHOHO! Speaking of that video and the Seven Year's War, here's a small history lesson that I think you people will be quite entertained with:

So we all know about the Seven Year's War in history. It's named that because during the years between 1756 and 1763 there were like a billion other wars going on between the whole world, from America to the Philippines. It's some messed up crap. But this period ended with the Third Silesian War between Austria and Prussia, which basically ended with Austria being horribly defeated and everything going Prussia's way. This fueled the hate and anger between the "nations" until the Austro-Prussian War of 1866.

The 1866 war is very intriguing because they were basically fighting over Holy Rome's corpse, but I think that is a discussion for another time emotion_yatta

Ruthless Businesswoman

9,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Profitable 100
Prodigious_Girl

I think they put it all in a literal sense but when you translate "Je M'appelle" from French to English it does say it's "My name is.."
ruh roh, i think i'm veering too far off topic ;c

Timid Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
Mitsuki Horenake
wanderer13

OHOHOHOHOHOHO! Speaking of that video and the Seven Year's War, here's a small history lesson that I think you people will be quite entertained with:

So we all know about the Seven Year's War in history. It's named that because during the years between 1756 and 1763 there were like a billion other wars going on between the whole world, from America to the Philippines. It's some messed up crap. But this period ended with the Third Silesian War between Austria and Prussia, which basically ended with Austria being horribly defeated and everything going Prussia's way. This fueled the hate and anger between the "nations" until the Austro-Prussian War of 1866.

The 1866 war is very intriguing because they were basically fighting over Holy Rome's corpse, but I think that is a discussion for another time emotion_yatta

I'd love to see someone write something about that. 3nodding

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
DevineEssence
Mitsuki Horenake
wanderer13

I'd love to see someone write something about that. 3nodding

Which one, the Seven Year's War or the Austro-Prussian War?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff