Welcome to Gaia! ::

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

I highly friggen doubt that yes, this might be the end of the ANIME NOW. But, he's working on NEW VOLUMES OF THE MANGA! Therefore, I'm sure Deen will pick it back up once there is new material out there.

You really can't beat a dead horse they've done most of the comics as is. To be honest they would have to resort to at best OVA's of the events like Hetaween. And, the Christmas Bloodbath.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Prince Raivis
True fandom is forever!
Hahahaha! Someone finally understands what I'm trying to say! >8D

What I love the most about this wonderful series though is how it doesn't take itself too seriously, or start trying to "teach us a moral" like I've seen in other works. Instead it shows us something we can all relate to: Our nations' cultural stereotypes (but in a funny way.)

It is also true that history never stops. Even yesterday is a part of history that is being written as we speak. All our hopes, dreams, victories, sadness, defeat, and peace will be written down for everyone to remember one day. Maybe not "ours" personally, but us as a country.

And then they'll look back at this thread and think we were the coolest cats on Gaia. cool

White Flag Idiot
I can pretty much second everything you said. I have nothing else to say but "Amen."

Booberry Muffins
I think that OVA's would be awesome!
And if there weren't licensing issues, we'd have HetaOni.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Booberry Muffins
No, it's NOT ending god shut up! The ANIME is ending. Hima is working on s**t.
Even the anime ending (over all) is questionable. Last I heard they simply said they were "putting it down" for awhile. They didn't flat out say it was ending. It could be a year, it could be two or three or hell, even four before they pick it up again. There are a lot of series that have done this. The one I'm thinking of in particular is Digimon. Had to wait four years for season five, then another four years for season six. It happens.

II peanutbutterfly II
Since everyone is on the topic of headcanons, I guess it's time to share mine:
-Poland is a brony (Alfred might be a closet brony, considering mlp is so popular in his country. Arthur too, cuz he like unicorns and magic.)
-France enjoys philosophy

O.o I can see these two as being true... ((America also, apparently, has a weakness for Dora the Explorer))

Misuki Marishima
Do I bother you with the historical inaccuracies that I always drop in this thread? I can never seem to get my stories straight.
-_-;; You kidding me? It actually give me a use this gosh darn degree I wasted spent four years working on.

Also, I've been a fan of Digimon since 1999 and Beyblade since 2001. Hetalia is one of the few animes that seriously captured my imagination so I'm going to be a fan for a LONG time. XD

Lastly, just a curious thought but...do you think the fandom itself could end up killing Hetalia? I mean, fans are off writing stories and drawing their own fan comics and it leave little material for Hima to work with (he very well can't copy someone elses comic structure). There's also (perhaps) this fear of not being able to please a VERY picky fanbase. For instance if he does to many USUK geared comics those who pair America and England with others might walk away, if he creates his own version of Scotland those who favour the fanmade one may walk away, if he doesn't do (more of less) what the fanbase pressure him to do people will walk away. I think the poor guy is walking on a tightrope.

Usually the only things that bother me are historical inaccuracies - in terms of their presentation in a comic strip or anime scene (-_-;; Don't even get me started on some of the ones I've seen) and Canada's "human name". I was more than upset when there was no English/French mix. I've never written a story where Matthew's last name was mentioned but if I ever do I'll opt for my own fan name "Cartier" instead of Williams. It has historical significance AND it adds to the whole "Canada being English AND French". I know people will sometimes spell Matthew "Mathieu" but that's not good enough for me. <.<;; I know, I can be picky sometimes too (with certain things). But at least human names are never mentioned in the actual series...
i like america~ ((well duh im cosplaying as him sweatdrop xd ))

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
For those of you who are wondering if the anime is ending, let me get something clear: the manga is originally a WEB COMIC. Do you guys have any idea how often web comics are updated? Sure, it's quick and easy if it's all they're doing, but soon it gets to the point where you're dealing with the fans more than you have to actually work on something to get more. Hell, check LittleKuriboh? When was the last time he updated? Exactly. The fact that Studio DEEN even decided to go ahead with it is commitment in itself.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Prodigious_girl

I think you missed where I said that as well...

I really don't care either way if we ever get updates again. I know that sounds like a "bad fan" but I really don't. I'm quite happy for what I've got. And, I'm grateful for that. If he never updates who cares? He deserves his own life and he doesn't owe ANYTHING to us fans.

Yes, I'm in a bad mood. Regrets nothing.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
Booberry Muffins
I think you missed where I said that as well...
=/ I didn't miss it...I was adding my own two cents (with an added example).

XD Sorry if you thought I was answering you or something.

Chatty Informer

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Whoa, I've been gone fer too long, what've I been missin'?

Are people seriously considerin' gettin' out of the fandom just 'cause the anime's over (even though it kiiiiiiinda has been over for a while now)? I get it's the dub that's endin'...but how do you even leave a fandom other than just start hatin' it completely (even peeps that said they hated the series as a whole said they did love the first season for the lols).

@Prodigious_girl: It's quite possible for fans to kill the fandom. I've seen it happen to one or two fandoms I was in. They get over-zealous about their pairings, everything becomes supersaturated (and I'm not just talking about Hetalia itself, but the idea of something...like more people country representations, they get published, and their stuff is EVERYWHERE), and the number of crazy fans become more than the sane ones. Fans start to scare away newcomers and old fans, and then they themselves start to lose interest, effectively killing the entire fandom.

Then it starts to become something so many people hate on that one becomes scared to admit they hate it, or even they themselves hate it too...*sighs* It's what happened to the Twilight fandom, the My Chemical Romance fans, and even the Naruto fandom.

Of course, even if this was to happen, it's quite possible for things to make a comeback after a year or two, once everything's calmed down and people chill out, fans come back and reminisce over the fandom...maybe even bringing it back to life (albeit more mellow than before).

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Chachi-chama

Are people seriously considerin' gettin' out of the fandom just 'cause the anime's over (even though it kiiiiiiinda has been over for a while now)? I get it's the dub that's endin'...but how do you even leave a fandom other than just start hatin' it completely (even peeps that said they hated the series as a whole said they did love the first season for the lols).

@Prodigious_girl: It's quite possible for fans to kill the fandom. I've seen it happen to one or two fandoms I was in. They get over-zealous about their pairings, everything becomes supersaturated (and I'm not just talking about Hetalia itself, but the idea of something...like more people country representations, they get published, and their stuff is EVERYWHERE), and the number of crazy fans become more than the sane ones. Fans start to scare away newcomers and old fans, and then they themselves start to lose interest, effectively killing the entire fandom.

Then it starts to become something so many people hate on that one becomes scared to admit they hate it, or even they themselves hate it too...*sighs* It's what happened to the Twilight fandom, the My Chemical Romance fans, and even the Naruto fandom.

Of course, even if this was to happen, it's quite possible for things to make a comeback after a year or two, once everything's calmed down and people chill out, fans come back and reminisce over the fandom...maybe even bringing it back to life (albeit more mellow than before).

Are you saying that we shouldn't have fan-groups like on dA or guilds on Gaia, since the "fandom is killing the interest?" What does that make this thread? Are we the ones really to blame for the lack of updates? D:

-raises hand- Also!

I am a former Naruto fan. I didn't leave because of the fandom (I hardly participated in it, and I just read the story by myself and eventually got excited for the anime too.)

I lost interest because of one too many contrived stupid plot twists involving Sasuke. I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't know if "fans" drove it in the direction though.

I sure hope not. ._.; And I hope that Hetalia doesn't end up getting as bad rep as Naruto in almost every fan circle ever, if it hasn't already.
Mah faves are France, Italy and America!!!!!
France,"Ah, seriously. Just look at that face... I want to lick it!"

Blessed Sex Symbol

AMERICA WAS HERE
i like america~ ((well duh im cosplaying as him sweatdrop xd ))

Oh America xDDD Forever a fatty emotion_awesome We still love you though o uo ~Cosplays fem! China irl~
Misuki Marishima
Chachi-chama

Are you saying that we shouldn't have fan-groups like on dA or guilds on Gaia, since the "fandom is killing the interest?" What does that make this thread? Are we the ones really to blame for the lack of updates? D:

Um... I didn't get that from what they said at all...
Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys.
Look.
User Image
Isn't it beautiful? heart

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST watch that joke to America cosplayers. Actually, watch that to any Hetalia cosplayer. Russia and Cuba included. I'm not saying it to hurt your feelings but there are some America cosplayers that ARE overweight. And, comments like that do and can hurt. I'd know I've been on the blunt end of more than one LOLOLOLOLOLOLFATASSAMERICA joke from an England cosplayer. I'm not saying I'm upset at you. I'm just saying please...I don't care what you cosplay real life the joke can hurt.

And no, Chachi did NOT imply that. She was only stating that fans CAN kill a fandom. I think you took what she said out of context. She just meant that especially at times like this the insane fans can easily ruin what little reputation and fandom that is really left and make it undesirable for a lot of people. And, start chasing ones off. Did I say that right honey?

@ Raibby

Our pairing is the best pairing. Thanks Yuki for drawing it :]

//waits for someone to take the ship joke serious and start a fuss.

Sincerely,
An overweight America cosplayer. [No joke intended...]

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Dude, dude, yeah. Watch the weight comments on any cosplayer. I think that cosplay should be fun for the ones with the costume as well as those who want to take pictures and stuff. It should not be serious business. Some people can't help their body types because of medical conditions and stuff. That shouldn't prevent them from being who they want to at a con (or wherever else one might cosplay.) without getting comments like that!

As for fandom:
I kind of understand, I guess. I just remember a comment a while back that said "Hima is walking on a tight rope because of all the fan versions of nations he hasn't made yet, along with people who would be disappointed if he showed comic strips of one pairing vs. another."

The drawing: That is freakin' adorable. biggrin Awwwww.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff