Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celeste Haliburton

I know, it's like, "I stated my favorite pairing because you asked. Not so you can start flaming me for what I like and don't like..."
They make me feel bad. But I sorta got bored of the series of my own accord. I kinda became newly obessed with Sengoku Basara (not very proud of it). When you've spent like two years watching just comedy with no plot, it gets tedious and repetitive. I prefer plot, and I don't watch many anime like Lucky Star because there's no plot. I can't even remember why I started liking Hetalia, which has no plot. I was kind of obsessive. If you ever take a look at my dA, you'll know what I mean. Majority of my fanart was Hetalia because I loved it to death. But maybe all my love was spent...

Moderation is key. I go through phases of being REALLY INTO HETALIA, then getting bored and looking into other series, other interests in general, etc. Of course, I also write, so I can come up with plots. sweatdrop I'm currently deciding if I want to start on a new part of my WWIII fic, or if I want to start something completely new that involves them being trapped in a fantasy world...
Raivis of Riga
Celeste Haliburton

I know, it's like, "I stated my favorite pairing because you asked. Not so you can start flaming me for what I like and don't like..."
They make me feel bad. But I sorta got bored of the series of my own accord. I kinda became newly obessed with Sengoku Basara (not very proud of it). When you've spent like two years watching just comedy with no plot, it gets tedious and repetitive. I prefer plot, and I don't watch many anime like Lucky Star because there's no plot. I can't even remember why I started liking Hetalia, which has no plot. I was kind of obsessive. If you ever take a look at my dA, you'll know what I mean. Majority of my fanart was Hetalia because I loved it to death. But maybe all my love was spent...

Moderation is key. I go through phases of being REALLY INTO HETALIA, then getting bored and looking into other series, other interests in general, etc. Of course, I also write, so I can come up with plots. sweatdrop I'm currently deciding if I want to start on a new part of my WWIII fic, or if I want to start something completely new that involves them being trapped in a fantasy world...

I was just in a Hetalia RP where the characters get trapped in an RPG game
Celeste Haliburton

XP I feel so unoriginal... Of course, the idea itself has already been done with things like .Hack.
Raivis of Riga
Celeste Haliburton

XP I feel so unoriginal... Of course, the idea itself has already been done with things like .Hack.

I know... but there are rarely ideas out there where they haven't already been done by someone else. The difference is how you apply them.
I mean, I'm making a comic about a guy who was hit by a car and is in a coma, and in his dreams he's supposed to be in some strange universe with fairies in stuff. Pffft how many times has that been done?
Celeste Haliburton
Raivis of Riga
Celeste Haliburton

I know... but there are rarely ideas out there where they haven't already been done by someone else. The difference is how you apply them.
I mean, I'm making a comic about a guy who was hit by a car and is in a coma, and in his dreams he's supposed to be in some strange universe with fairies in stuff. Pffft how many times has that been done?
Heh.
The idea behind mine is that they all just wake up scattered across this strange land and they don't know how they got there, so they first have to find each other then find how to get home. Spoiler, just in case I actually write it: After the last one "dies", you find out it really was a game, that Japan made and they agreed to try out, but there was a glitch that made them forget. So they were never in real danger~
Raivis of Riga
Celeste Haliburton
Raivis of Riga
Celeste Haliburton

Heh.
The idea behind mine is that they all just wake up scattered across this strange land and they don't know how they got there, so they first have to find each other then find how to get home. Spoiler, just in case I actually write it: After the last one "dies", you find out it really was a game, that Japan made and they agreed to try out, but there was a glitch that made them forget. So they were never in real danger~

Oh I see. It sounds interesting, but I've lost interest in RPing for a while...
Ooohhhh I just remembered one I had to postpone... I don't often do AU, but... heart Steampunk!Hetalia was too good to pass up.
The story was about Ivan, who runs the Russian mob from his Ever-Moving Train along the extensive railroad. He's hunted by Air Privateer Arthur Kirkland and his crew, but because the train in Ever-Moving and the railroads are so expansive and full of splits, he's hard to find. Along the way they meet a strange inventor, Roderich, and his wife Liz who help them in their hunt. The climax has an all-out battle between both sides, and when the train is finally stopped a trap is triggered, releasing a sleeping Kraken kept on board. Then Roderich and Liz show up on a giant spider-like machine controlled via organ, and they fight it out with the Kraken.

@Celeste
Well it's not an RP, just a fanfic.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Maid 0f Time
Raivis of Riga
Yeah. I just hope nothing happens at AWA. I'll be very brought down if people give us s**t about being Hetalia fans. On the other hand, if I see other fans doing bad things I may have to put a boot up their a**...
Ah, but enough of this depressing stuff.
What do you like about your favorite characters?

User ImageUser Image User Image

i attended afw this year and luckily there was no hetalia hate to be found

it's a simple anime convention and, for the most part, is pretty calm

anyways i like spain because he is goofy and adorable (also he's a pirate)

i like england because as crass and rude as he can be, he also seems to care a lot about others (even if he doesn't like other people knowing about his soft side, also he's a pirate)

i like denmark because i've always found guys who are loud and obnoxious, but loveable and strong to be really endearing

Woah woah woah AFW as in Anime Festival Wichita? Sorry for the random going off topic there but that is generally when I see it that's what I think. And, I didn't see any either if we are talking about the same convention (and I was there)

As for the series itself I used to be the biggest basher of the series. I hated the series. Why? The mother effin fanbase. Now, I get considered one of the rabid fangirls because oh mai gawd it's in my siggy and my twitter background FFFFFFF.

The series itself was meant as a satire. And to the person that said the webcomics are better. Thank you, I agree fully.

Now, I did go to Tokyo in Tulsa this year and saw some of those exact same RABID FRIGGEN FANS they were harassing poor Todd to say PASTA every two seconds. And, the nations were making out with eachother (one of the groups I saw) which is fine and dandy I have no problems with people being themselves. But, when they were harassing other Hetalia cosplayers/groups I kinda got grumpy. sad it really gives the intelligent watchers a bad reputation.

With that said, I'm an America fanwhore. (More along the lines of an Eric Vale fanwhore but this is another story....)

/sigh maybe someday when the next big uberbishie anime will come along people will forget the bad rep of Hetalia.
FFFFF- That awkward moment when you come back to your own thread and go "WHY ARE THERE SO MANY POLL OPTIONS?! gonk " I think this is a sign that I should be asleep.

... I will admit, I tend to yell "Pasta~" any time it's mentioned... I can't help it... But at least I only do it when it's semi-relevant...

Is it wrong that I almost hope I get harassed by one of the fans that gives it the bad rep? I just want to knock some sense into them.

Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Why is there so many hate to Hetalia? I never seen it, but I want to try it.

Dapper Pup

Jonas-sama
User Image

It's mainly because of how the fandom carries itself..which is poorly for lack of a better word.

Also because many people regard it as racist, unfunny, and whatever else you can come up with.
User Image
Jonas-sama

What Okami said. There are also those who don't like how their country's character is portrayed, that certain aspects of history were or weren't addressed (first that the holocaust wasn't mentioned in the original, then that it was done in poor taste in the dub, which I agree with), that the whole idea of a comedy based on history is offensive... and there are idiots who say it's "biased' toward Japan", that his character is made to seem superior to the others... which is ridiculous. In the anime... first off, he wasn't even introduced until the 3rd or 4th episode, then they made the "Japan has a small p***s" joke is episode 4. Therefore I deem that argument invalid. He's also portrayed as a recluse who doesn't deal well with foreign culture. Unless he's on holiday. Then he gets too into other cultures. lol I don't think any country was portrayed really "better" or "worse" than any other. Some need more characterization, like the Nordics, but otherwise I think they've all got strengths and flaws. For example, France is usually portrayed by the fans as a "rapist" character who just loves SEX SEX SEX... but he himself said that you shouldn't force your love on others. He's also shown to care for Italy, to have an odd love/hate thing with England, and to be generally more open and accepting toward others.
Basically, there are people who will only look at the bad side of things, and you shouldn't let them form opinions for you. Figure it out for yourself. ^^

Gaian

3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Oh ok.. xD
Oh well, I'll try it later. razz
The anime is on youtube, if you just search "Hetalia Axis Powers" the Funimation channel for it should come up. They have it all, subbed and dubbed, unless you're from certain countries. Each episode is only 5 minutes. And try to get past the first few episodes before passing judgement. The first one especially you have to get past, because it's intentionally chaotic. There was also a link posted... somewhere in this mess, for the webcomic.

Greedy Capitalist

User Image User Image

( ★ )I prefer the webcomics than the anime. I suppose it's because I find it funnier and the art is by the author himself.

As for my favorite characters: The Scandinavians, Korea, HK, America, Germany and England deserves my award. But I do like all of them, really. I pray that Himaruya will make a Philippines - tan character in the near future. /sob sob ; u ;

I think it's sad how the sane fans in the fandom get buried alive... literally. We share the hatred among the haters of the series just because of the insane fans. It crushes my heart into pieces.

I like to think Hetalia as a series that can arouse interests in cultures, histories and traditions in each country. Surprisingly, after I read and/or watched the show, I became more curious and started reading any book that I can pick up about history (especially European History. I am actually planning to take European studies as my major for college.)

❝ thexxonlyxxthingxxhexxwouldxx regretxx was xxleavingxx the xxsky

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces