Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zagachan
TuckyX
Zagachan
Pokemon, Naruto, Bleach, Detective Conan. There's a line showing you've gone too far, and you've clearly crossed it.

I don't think any of these series have crossed any line. The goal for most shonen (or kodomo) series, is to have long runs, runs that are able to entertain multiple generations of children.

Just because they're meant to run for multiple generations doesn't mean the series is still good. Pokemon is alright, since they actually come up with something somewhat new. Naruto and Bleach are all about "hurr durr lets fait bad gaiz lol", and Detective Conan is overusing the Agatha Christie approach on cases. Plus, there are around 70-80 books. When you draw 70 books, it's no longer for fun you're drawing the series.

Whether having long runs is good, or bad, is a different argument.

My point is that all of these series are meant to run long, and in Conan's case, for pretty much as long as there is a fanbase. That's the nature of these types of series. Which is why I don't think that they crossed any line, since they're doing exactly what they're meant to do.
Shugo Chara went for WAY to long!
naruto and definatly bleach since the creator tried to end it but then they had to bring it back cause people threten to kill themselves

Beloved Dog

The third season of Rurouni Kenshin. While it did have some lovely episodes here and there, they had Kenshin using his ultimate attack on nonsense foes. Since that season, I was compelled to complete the manga to have a more satisfying conclusion (and alternate storyline).

Interesting Poster

3,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I honestly think Naruto and Bleach just dragged on and on forever. It would've been fine if they stopped airing it after the first couple arcs and let people go to the manga like most anime's do. I don't really think there's a certain limit to how many episodes an anime should have before it stops airing, because it really depends on the story line.
Personally though, if there is a manga behind it and you're reaching your 200th episode, it's just time to stop animating.

Interesting Poster

3,850 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MagicAnimeGirl13
Shugo Chara went for WAY to long!

I know! There wasn't a real solid plot either! I mean, there was a plot, but I felt more like it was a kids show that only aired for children because of all the colors and pretty things. The plot wasn't matured enough to hold an older audience.
Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc.
I gave up watching them a long time ago.
The animes that have gone for too long are pretty obvious. I used to watch Naruto but it seemed that it had too many filler episodes for me so I stopped. I now look for animes that are finished, 40 episodes or less. The usual I get is from 12-24. I like seeing the end of a story. I feel like companies are just trying to milk good stories rather than tell them all the way.

Doting Lovergirl

Definitely Naruto and Bleach.
              That's a reason I decided not to watch it.
              I'm fine with anime with 50-100 episodes ...
              but that's it.
pokemon
this was created in 1996 and ash is 10 so he would be born in 1986, so ash would be 25 or 26
Q v Q
Mana Sama 13
Axels Princess
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pokemon! Honestly how can it still be making money through the anime? HE HASN'T ******** AGED!!! Is this whole anime happening in a year or something? Sooner or later people are gonna get sick of its repetitiveness

I agree.
It's the same thing over and over anything and i'm sure nothing new and exciting will be brought into it.
Well... actually I think Ash had aged in fact. His voice gets deeper when they change voice actors to make him sound older. Plus, if you've ever played the games, the journey only takes a few months, and I doubt the animators are going to make Ash's journey last longer than a few months. So I'm assuming he'd be closer to 18, 20 years old at most. And you have to remember than anime artists have no clue how to make their characters look older. When Ash was ten, he looked like a 14 year old, and now that he's older, he still looks the same. For some reason, anime characters don't age. He could very well be 18, and we just don't know it.
Naruto Shippuden (TV)
but you could watch new episodes online every thursday
too bad is on japanese so there's english subtitles..
which i hate
Celeste Haliburton
Mana Sama 13
Axels Princess

Pokemon! Honestly how can it still be making money through the anime? HE HASN'T ******** AGED!!! Is this whole anime happening in a year or something? Sooner or later people are gonna get sick of its repetitiveness

I agree.
It's the same thing over and over anything and i'm sure nothing new and exciting will be brought into it.

Well... actually I think Ash had aged in fact. His voice gets deeper when they change voice actors to make him sound older. Plus, if you've ever played the games, the journey only takes a few months, and I doubt the animators are going to make Ash's journey last longer than a few months. So I'm assuming he'd be closer to 18, 20 years old at most. And you have to remember than anime artists have no clue how to make their characters look older. When Ash was ten, he looked like a 14 year old, and now that he's older, he still looks the same. For some reason, anime characters don't age. He could very well be 18, and we just don't know it.

Like with Bart Simpson, Ash doesn't really age. Pokemon is primarily a kid's show, and lot's of kid's still watch it. Like with most children's programming, it's only natural that you would eventually lose interest in Pokemon. Just move on and leave the series to the kids who still enjoy the series.

Familiar Smoker

Unfortunately...

Bleach, Naruto, One Peice, Pokemon, Dragonball series.

I'm glad Bleach and Naruto are almost over (at least, I think they are). The first three are all good in their own ways, but there comes a time for every anime where they just need to stop. There's so many, it's hard to watch. I'm surprised Dragonball went on for so long, for numerous reasons. I like the Pokemon games, but the series is much too repetitive.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Celeste Haliburton
Mana Sama 13
Axels Princess

I agree.

it's ONLY in the dub that they changed his voice. His voice in the Japanese is still voiced by Rica Matsumoto.

Plus, Ash's age is kept at 10 years old because the anime is geared towards kids.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff