Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mana Sama 13
Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13
I feel like Naruto has gone on too long......It should have been over a year or so ago.

What is taking so long?

Everything just seems to be drawn out to it's last breath on Naruto.
I think the fillers on the anime are annoying and most of them are a waste of time.
In the manga everything moves in a very drawn out pace....so it's kinda slow.
The writer just seems to come up with things to put in the story just for the sake of prolonging it.
Like bringing back almost everyone back from the dead and then having them fight for awhile only to of course die again.....

This isn't Pokemon nor is it the Wheel of Time we're talking about, so why the length?

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Creativerealms
Axels Princess
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pokemon! Honestly how can it still be making money through the anime? HE HASN'T ******** AGED!!! Is this whole anime happening in a year or something? Sooner or later people are gonna get sick of its repetitiveness

As long as the far superior games are being made the crappy tie in anime won't die.

gonk That sucks!

Dapper Vampire

Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13
Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13
I feel like Naruto has gone on too long......It should have been over a year or so ago.

What is taking so long?

I think the fillers on the anime are annoying and most of them are a waste of time.
The writer just seems to come up with things to put in the story just for the sake of prolonging it.
Like bringing back almost everyone back from the dead and then having them fight for awhile only to of course die again.....

This isn't Pokemon nor is it the Wheel of Time we're talking about, so why the length?

Honestly I think the creator of Naruto is just prolonging the series end since it obviously brings in a lot of money.....This will most likely be his most successful series so he wants to milk it for all it's worth.
Mana Sama 13
Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13
Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13

What is taking so long?

Honestly I think the creator of Naruto is just prolonging the series end since it obviously brings in a lot of money.....This will most likely be his most successful series so he wants to milk it for all it's worth.

Wait a minute...didn't Christopher Paolini did that sort of thing with the Inheritance novels before the final volume was released?
Zagachan
Pokemon, Naruto, Bleach, Detective Conan. There's a line showing you've gone too far, and you've clearly crossed it.

I don't think any of these series have crossed any line. The goal for most shonen (or kodomo) series, is to have long runs, runs that are able to entertain multiple generations of children.
Mana Sama 13
Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13
Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13

What is taking so long?

I'm sure it's more the executives at Shueisha, publisher if Shonen Jump, that want the series to continue. You have to consider the state of the manga industry in Japan. Every year, more and more people play on their smartphones, or portable game systems, rather than read manga. So publishers are holding on to their money makers for as long as they can. Since Naruto still makes money, it would be a poor business move to cancel a series (any series) that still has quite a large fanbase.

Liberal Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

The obvious ones: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece.

When a series has hundreds of episodes, and many of them are fillers, it's just.. No.

Dapper Vampire

TuckyX
Mana Sama 13
Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13
Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13

What is taking so long?

I'm sure it's more the executives at Shueisha, publisher if Shonen Jump, that want the series to continue. You have to consider the state of the manga industry in Japan. Every year, more and more people play on their smartphones, or portable game systems, rather than read manga. So publishers are holding on to their money makers for as long as they can. Since Naruto still makes money, it would be a poor business move to cancel a series (any series) that still has quite a large fanbase.

I understand that and i'm not talking about canceling Naruto.....I'm simply stating that Naruto should have ended awhile ago instead of it being drawn out like it has been. I'm looking at it from the story point of view.....All this prolonging is just muddling the story.

Sparkly Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Am I the only one here who loves the pokemon anime? D:

I honestly don't think any series "needs" to die, some certainly drag on more than others, but it's not like you have to watch them. Maybe I'd feel differently if I watched more things that dragged on into eternity, but if I get bored with something, I'll just stop watching or reading and move on.
Mana Sama 13
TuckyX
Mana Sama 13
Javier Cross
Mana Sama 13

I understand that and i'm not talking about canceling Naruto.....I'm simply stating that Naruto should have ended awhile ago instead of it being drawn out like it has been. I'm looking at it from the story point of view.....All this prolonging is just muddling the story.

Why the prolonging like this?
crisissoul
Onepiece by far! That series should have only been 80 episodes at most!

Yeah, so long as One Piece is hands down the most popular thing in Japan period, that's not gunna happen. From November to May, One Piece sold 13,833,116 copies. the runner up, Naruto, only sold 3,081,822 copies. That's not even close. I think the last One Piece movie to come out broke the record for biggest opening weekend as well.

Invisible Seeker

Bleach, Naruto, Reborn....
Axels Princess

Pokemon! Honestly how can it still be making money through the anime? HE HASN'T ******** AGED!!! Is this whole anime happening in a year or something? Sooner or later people are gonna get sick of its repetitiveness

I think they just don't want to change the main character because ash and pikachu helped the anime along so much in the beginning and it's what people are used to seeing.

Wheezing Gekko

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
TuckyX
Zagachan
Pokemon, Naruto, Bleach, Detective Conan. There's a line showing you've gone too far, and you've clearly crossed it.

I don't think any of these series have crossed any line. The goal for most shonen (or kodomo) series, is to have long runs, runs that are able to entertain multiple generations of children.

Just because they're meant to run for multiple generations doesn't mean the series is still good. Pokemon is alright, since they actually come up with something somewhat new. Naruto and Bleach are all about "hurr durr lets fait bad gaiz lol", and Detective Conan is overusing the Agatha Christie approach on cases. Plus, there are around 70-80 books. When you draw 70 books, it's no longer for fun you're drawing the series.
Yu Yu Hakusho - Although the drag out wasn't nearly as bad as most, and the last two arcs weren't actually bad, the show really should have ended at the end of the dark tournament saga

Dragonball Z - People disagree at which point it should have stopped (I say with Cell's death) but most agree that if at least the Buu saga should never have been made, then DBGT should never have been made

Bleach - Unlike the above two Bleach never had a good stopping point, but to me both the anime and manga stopped being enjoyable after the soul society arc

Pokemon - Shouldn't necessarily have ended, but Ash's story should have concluded over ten years ago. He should have shown up in later seasons sparingly as a cameo, possibly as a league champion like Red did in Gold/Silver.

Gantz - Having that weak filler as an ending was worse than having no ending (or at least a very depressing ending)

Guyver - Finish the damn thing already! I know the anime have been short but the flipping manga is older than I am!

I disagree with Naruto, because it still hasn't completed it's main story, and the author at least still writes to the goal of the end of the story, like One Piece. Naruto anime was kind of killed by its filler arcs though. Although I do concede that Naruto seems to just be dragging its storyline out unnecessarily without really commiting to any major changes (save for Jiraiya's death). It is starting to lose direction though.

Though there are some terrible shows that never should have started, and by definition went on too long (with one episode), but I'll leave that be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff