._Bouquet of Diamond's Raevan Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anachrophobia
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to Laurel's journal! This is a journal for Bouquet of Diamonds, so please don't post without her permission unless otherwise stated.

[.Name] Laurel
[.Guardian] Bouquet of Diamonds
[.Gender] Male
[.Stage] Frei
[.Alignment] Lawful good
[.D.O.B] November 21st
[.Fel Essence] Heavy Feather
[.Soul] Cheetah

[.Strength] 26
[.Endurance] 24
[.Intelligence] 27
[.Creativity] 22
[.Friendliness] 28
[.Charisma] 24
[.Humour] 25
[.Magic] 20  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:47 pm
User Image

Hey there, thanks for stopping by! I'm Bouquet (or Bo) and welcome to my journal for Laurel and his guardian, Oliver! Please feel free to read through everything and contact me for rp if you'd like! I'm more than willing to rp with prospective guardians and other official guardians, and I'm always open to plots! If you want my Skype or AIM accounts, you can ask through PM! 8D <3

User Image

1. Mule post and cert
2. Intro and Navigation (You're here!)
3. Timeline and Rules
4. Laurel
5. Essence and Soul
6. Oliver
7. Family, Friends, and Pets
8. Relationships
9. Home
10. Requirements
11. RP Log
12. Growth
13. Belongings
14. Art, Playlists, and Misc
15. Credits

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:49 pm
User Image

OOC:

August 2012 - After lurking for literal years, Bo decides to set up her first quest! Laurel's first draft was started here! (Though he had a different name then)
June 2013 - November 2013 - Bo takes a long break from her quest and comes back with better ideas. (Not really, but I kept trying!)
Summer 2014 - I entered the Bittersweet Memories flatsale and lost. At least Oliver passed, though!
Winter 2014 - Entered the Once Upon a Semi Custom event and lost.
April 2015 - Entered the No Foolin' flatsale and got knocked out in the second round.
Summer 2015 - Entered the 10 year Lab 305 Anniversartea flatsale and got honorable mention with the Cleansing Petroleum essence!
Fall 2015-Winter 2015 - Stress, obligations, and depression kept me from entering the second part of the Tales of the Night flatsale. (I kept hoping that things would turn out for the better, though!)
February 1st, 2016 - After a successful bribe, Laurel's soul bottle and Fel Essence are dropped off beside Cynnybun's beautiful girl, Eden.
My dream to become a guardian has finally been completed! ; U;
February 2nd, 2016 - Journal setup begins!
February 13th, 2016 - Got my filled bottle cert! 8D
April 12th, 2016 - Requirements for Frei are completed! Now we wait for Laurel to be born!
November 21st, 2016 - Laurel is born! ; U; THE WAIT IS OVER, NOW HE IS UNLEASHED UPON THE WORLD!

IC:

May 27th, 2015 - Oliver meets Zeke and Anastacia at Barnes and Noble in Durem!
June 24th, 2015 - Oliver meets Henry and Ethiriel at a grocery store in Gambino!
September 10th, 2015 - Oliver meets and chats with Yves over pumpkin flavored coffee!
January 15th, 2016 - When old Arthur Allenson takes a fall, Oliver agrees to help out at Arthur's Fables and meets Johan and Aina!
February 2nd, 2016 - Oliver gets his soul bottle and fel essence in the mail, officially becoming a guardian!
February 4th, 2016 - After learning that his brother's illness is getting worse, Oliver books a flight to South Africa to bring Thatcher home.
February 9th, 2016 - Oliver touches ground in South Africa and arrives at the nature preserve. He also meets his brother's pet cheetah, Qudamah.
February 10th, 2016 - While spending the day alone with Qudamah, the silly animal gets a hold of the soul bottle and accidentally gets caught! Thatcher is surprisingly okay with this, though.
February 12th, 2016 - Thatcher and Oliver arrive home to a warm welcome.
February 14th, 2016 - Oliver sends his filled soul bottle back to Lab! See you soon, Q!
February 22nd, 2016 - Oliver meets Lorenzo Fisch and his Raevan, Vesna, after his rat Gibbon unexpectedly passes away and discovers just how little he knows about the undead.
Early April 2016-Early May 2016 - Oliver does some much needed redecorating and decides on a name for his Raevan, Laurel.
April 7th 2016 - Oliver is invited to Yves' house for dinner and meets his Raevan, Yuri!
June 2016 - The first swim of summer leads to the discovery of an old portrait and uncovers some not-so-forgotten memories.
June 23rd, 2016 - When Anna Sage invites a friend over for a swim in the lake, Oliver meets Phoenix and Zoe!
August 6th, 2016 - After two months of dealing with persistent nightmares and bad feelings from his past, Oliver meets Reuben and gets some insight into his future through a tarot reading.
September 1st, 2016 - Oliver turns 40, but his journey is far from over!
September 4th, 2016 - Oliver reunites and reconciles with his ex-boyfriends from university. Old wounds are finally able to heal.
October 29th, 2016 - With curiosity finally defeating him, Oliver texts Zeke and finds out that Laurel is developing quickly!
October 31st, 2016 - Oliver's nephew, Devin, turns into a werewolf after being bitten by a classmate a week prior. Though there isn't a cure, there happens to be groups and a way to keep Devin from losing his mind when he turns each month. Everything seems to be okay.

November 21st, 2016 - Laurel is born and promptly introduced to the chill of late Autumn. Both he and Oliver are thrilled that he's joined the world, though.

December 2016-September 2017 - Laurel meets his cousin, Devin, and all of his other family members. Uncle Thatcher makes a very prompt exit however and a whole wellspring of family drama erupts over it. The drama lasts straight through the year, as Laurel meets new people and gets used to living life, and everything seems to get better as Oliver's birthday rolls around.

November 21st, 2017 - Laurel turns one year old and everyone gathers at Oliver's house to celebrate. Among the gifts is a wand and a few other strange items and Oliver receives a phone call with some upsetting news about his former boyfriend, Marcus.
Late November 2017 A - Laurel catches a shiny Pokemon, learns more about Oliver's past with Asher and Mark, and meets CJ. Also that book dad gave him might be weird and the cat... Huh. Couldn't be.
Late November 2017 B - Laurel learns about death and is very disturbed by it. That wand he got makes a good opener and closer for his blinds, though.
November 25th-November 30th - Strange nightmares seem to culminate to meeting a mysterious angel named Judgment that says that they're the true origin of Laurel's feathers. Laurel also experiences his first illness, his first astral travel, and is with Marcus right as he dies.

January 2018-October 2018 - Oliver decides to head back to work leaving Laurel and Devin home alone most of the day. Sherwood, Rosie, and the rest of the family seem to be distancing themselves and Laurel starts spending more time wandering around on his own.
October 2018-November 2018 Laurel encounters a bird who steals his phone and ends up getting his face covered in thorns after giving chase. He meets Thomas Linderhill who heals him and takes interest in his wand. After getting lost on his way home from Thomas', Laurel is found by Devin who had just been out to break up with his cheating boyfriend. Devin tells Laurel a lot more than he bargained for about love and life, all in the name of helping Laurel be less "socially naive." Laurel isn't sure he's thankful for this or not.

User Image

1. Please don't post here without my permission! The only people who are allowed to post without asking are staff and the mule!
2. Don't steal any of the creative work in this journal! (You may ask me if you can use my journal format, though!)
3. Anything my characters do is not a reflection of my feelings for you or your characters. (I.E, If Laurel dislikes your character, that doesn't mean I dislike you)
4. When in doubt, ask me. My inbox is always open and I try my best to be punctual with replies. Please don't be afraid to send me a message!
o uo <3
5. Just a pet peeve! Staff, please don't edit any of my posts for me! If there's anything wrong with a post, let me know and I'll fix it! Thank you!
; U;
6. In the event that I ever need to add, edit, or delete a rule, I'll do so at my own discretion. (Unless if asked to by staff)

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:50 pm
User Image
User Image

Name: Laurel Kipling
Nicknames: None currently!
Stage: Frei
Birthday: 11/21/2016
Zodiac signs: Scorpio/Fire Monkey
Height: Hovers around 5'9"
Orientation/Preference: Demisexual/Panromantic
Voice: ---
Theme songs: A Day To Remember - Another Song About The Weekend
Simple Plan - I’d Do Anything
Dixie Chicks - Easy Silence
Celine Dion and R. Kelly - I’m Your Angel

Soul: Cheetah
Fel Essence: Heavy Feather
Food source: Taking the weight from something through touch. Whatever he eats from will lose it's weight, but won't float away or lose it's shape. (Think of how light styrofoam is. That's what's left after Laurel eats)
*Laurel has a very high appetite and eats 6-8 pounds per day.
*However, Laurel has trouble remembering to eat (especially when he’s upset or focused on something else) and will gradually get sleepier the longer he goes without food. As such, he tends to eat more than he should at once and the consequence is shoulder and back pain. (Basically the equivalent of indigestion but it manifests as a sore upper back instead)
*Because Laurel eats based on weight, he can eat from almost anything. The only things he can't eat from are objects that are very small, unless they're clustered together, or objects that are very large. (Like a house or a car)
Alignment: Lawful Good
A lawful good character typically acts with compassion and always with honor and a sense of duty.
Rune: Tiwaz (Upside down)

Tiw, the god of battles and legislation. Protector of warriors and mariners. Courage, compassion.

Powers:

Weighing Down (Active): Laurel can add weight to something by tapping it with his right hand. The additional weight is subtle, usually just enough to keep a piece of paper from blowing in the wind, and can be stacked with a double tap if necessary. However, two taps is the limit for any given object, and he needs to use his left hand to reverse the effects.

Distribution (Active): If tapping something is impractical, Laurel can temporarily transfer weight from another object into the one he wants to add weight to. The object he's borrowing from must be within a few feet of the receiving object and be of a reasonable weight for him to carry on his own. Alternatively, Laurel can manipulate the weight already in an object using the same method. This is useful in cases where one side of an object is heavier than the other, or if something needs to be balanced. However, there's always a chance of breaking the object if he fiddles with it too much, or if the object has fragile parts to begin with.

Weight Sensitivity (Passive): Laurel's body is able to feel the most minute of differences in weight, allowing him to accurately predict how much something weighs by holding it. This also allows him to feel when something has been removed from an object that he's recently carried, such as a bag or a wallet. However he won't know exactly what is missing, only the fact that something that once was is no longer there.

??? (???): What could the future hold?

??? (???): What could the future hold?

Personality:

Positive: Humorous, soft, supportive, agreeable, playful, empathetic
Neutral: Loud, blunt, affectionate, honest
Negative: Bitter, anxious, impulsive, scatterbrained, clingy, emotional

Likes: People, animals, nature, hot weather, working out, reading, sleeping, cuddling, blankets, sweaters, anime/manga, cosplay, jokes/puns, music, beaded jewelry
Dislikes: Being alone for long periods, hypocrites, violence, arguments, gore, horror movies, worrying, water/ice/snow, cold weather, swimming, thunderstorms, darkness, brass instruments
Hobbies: Working out, hiking, reading, cosplay, drawing (not well, but he does)

Fears: Abandonment, death/loss of a loved one, drowning/large bodies of water
Goals: Make friends, go to a comic con and cosplay as something awesome, become a Pokemon Master, and travel by airplane

Traits:

Purring/Chirping: Laurel has a purr that can rival the motor of a car, but it can also indicate his current state of mind. If his purring is fast or jagged, his probably stressed, nervous, or excited, and if it's slow, low, and rumbling, he's likely content, comfortable, or ready to nap.

Also, Laurel is capable of chirping like a Cheetah and is quite embarrassed when he doesn't want it to happen. For example, a chirp will sometimes replace a name when he's calling for someone or in place of a scream when scared. It seems to be something hard wired into him, much like purring, and it can't be unlearned.

Energetic, but easily burned out: Though he can't run like a cheetah can, Laurel can accelerate his hovering to an astonishing speed. However, he can only do it short bursts with a few minute rests in between, or he'll need to find somewhere to take a rest.

Hearing: Laurel has the hearing of a cheetah, meaning he can hear the rustling of very tiny animals and make out the sounds of things that are far away.

Liquid Retaining Feathers: Unlike the feathers on a regular bird, Laurel's feathers retain water like a sponge when submerged and will quickly become too heavy for his wings to handle. This can lead to bone fractures, back injuries, and if too far out when swimming, drowning. (He is able to squeeze the liquid out of them, but he prefers plucking them right off to save himself the trouble/pain)

Accelerated Feather Regeneration: Laurel's feathers not only come back after being plucked off, but they only take three days to grow back entirely. Some may even come back in pairs or grow longer than the feather that was there before.

(MORE TO COME AS HE GROWS)

Post color: #564135

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

User Image

User Image

Heavy Feather

There is a saying 'light as a feather', that is because, feathers are very light. Birds wouldn't be able to stay airborne otherwise. However, the three feathers in this jar weights 1 kilogram each, how unusual. The people that found these feathers swore they saw a large bird crashed hard into the ground while trying to take flight off a cliff. However, when they reached the crash site, the bird was no where to be found, only the three feathers remained. What happened to the bird, no one knows. An examination from a professional ornithologist of the plumes confirmed they are from a bearded vulture.

When one holds the jar in their hands, it seemed that the feathers are more than just 3 kilograms in weight. And just ever so slightly, the longer you hold the jar, the heavier the feathers get as well. However, when placed on a scale, the three feathers are just 3 kilograms in total, and the weight doesn't change either. Peculiar isn't it?

User Image

User Image

Cheetah

The cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus) is a big cat in the subfamily Felinae that inhabits most of Africa and parts of Iran. It is the only extant member of the genus Acinonyx. The cheetah can run as fast as 109.4 to 120.7 km/h (68.0 to 75.0 mph), faster than any other land animal. It covers distances up to 500 m (1,640 ft) in short bursts, and can accelerate from 0 to 96 km/h (0 to 60 mph) in three seconds. The cheetah's closest extant relatives are the puma and jaguarundi of the Americas. Cheetahs are notable for adaptations in the paws as they are one of the few felids with only semi-retractable claws.

Their main hunting strategy is to trip swift prey such as various antelope species and hares with its dewclaw. Almost every facet of the cheetah's anatomy has evolved to maximize its success in the chase, the result of an evolutionary arms race with its prey. Due to this specialization, however, the cheetah is poorly equipped to defend itself against other large predators, with speed being its main means of defense. In the wild, the cheetah is a prolific breeder, with up to nine cubs in a litter. The majority of cubs do not survive to adulthood, mainly as a result of depredation from other predators. The rate of cub mortality varies from area to area, from 50% to 75%, and in extreme cases such as the Serengeti ecosystem, up to 90%. Cheetahs are notoriously poor breeders in captivity, though several organizations, such as the De Wildt Cheetah and Wildlife Centre, have succeeded in breeding high numbers of cubs.

The cheetah is listed as vulnerable, facing various threats including loss of habitat and prey; conflict with humans; the illegal pet trade; competition with and predation by other carnivores; and a gene pool with very low variability. It is a charismatic species and many captive cats are "ambassadors" for their species and wildlife conservation in general.

Read more here on Wikipedia!

About the soul himself: Qudamah (an Arabic name meaning Courage) or simply Q, was a very odd cheetah that lived in a house on a reservation in South Africa. Though it was never confirmed, Q was supposedly found as an abandoned cub and raised with dogs in a home with a lot of people. Because of how long he lived this way before he was brought to a sanctuary, Qudamah never learned to hunt or bonded with any other cheetahs, and took on many of the mannerisms a large dog would have. Despite being the exact opposite of what a cheetah should be (and not being useful for any sort of programs because of it), he was a very loving and playful animal who was fond of almost everyone on the sanctuary.

... But whether or not this is the truth is something Laurel remains on the fence about.

User Image

User Image

Name: Oliver Issac Kipling
Nicknames: Ollie, but only by close friends or family.
Birthday: September 1st, 1976
Zodiac signs: Virgo/Fire Dragon
Orientation/Preference: Polyamorous/Homoromantic
Status: Single, open to dating but not actively searching (plotted to an npc)
Voice: ---
Theme Songs: Ed Sheeran - Photograph
Rascal Flatts - Bless The Broken Road
Dixie Chicks - Lullaby

Race: Human; White
Appearance:
Oliver has cream blonde hair which is curly and reaches his upper neck with fringe over his eyes. His eyes are teal and his skin is pale. He stands about 5'10" and weighs 150lbs. He is lean and healthy despite his smoking addiction, and even has some muscle due to his love of hiking.

Oliver wears comfortable, cotton fabrics, such as sweaters and plain slacks. He favors browns and creams, though he may wear a vibrant orange or light blue from time to time.

Personality: Oliver has always been the calm, peaceful person with a warm, friendly smile. He'll greet you like a friend and treat you like brother. A genuine soul occupies his body and a humble mind controls his movements. He'll help you off your feet and give you time to heal. You can almost always expect a cup of tea and cookies served with a good dose of TLC with Oliver around.

Although he is peaceful and warm most of the time, you'd best not push his buttons. If he feels he is being used, he'll confront you about it. If you have to break a promise, you'd better be prepared with a clear, honest reason why. Also, he's very stubborn about how he handles his smoking addiction. While the idea of using nicotine patches is growing on him, he'd sooner deal with withdrawal and cravings alone than wear a patch out in public. He finds patches embarrassing and awkward to look at, even if he knows they would help him kick his addiction faster.

Oliver is quiet and reserved without company. His home is filled with art and warm colors, but being alone takes the cheer out of him. He'll read a book, write a poem, or even watch the rain fall from outside his window if he's bored enough. He admits to being lonely, but denies any need for a romantic partner. All he needs, he says, is cup of tea and good friend to spend the day with.

- Nature
- Coffee, tea
- Breakfast foods
- Photography
- Keeping himself well groomed
- Reading the latest mystery novel or memoir
- Going for long, aimless walks
- Seeing his students succeed and honestly try their best

Dislikes:

- Cities, pollution, traffic
- His smoking addiction
- Champagne
- Pop culture
- Hot, humid days
- Students who constantly make excuses
- Running out of coffee
- Spilling something on his clothes

History:

Oliver was born in Barton in a house close to a dense forest. His mother and father both worked as teachers in the local school system and instilled a love of learning in their children early on in their lives. He was the third born of four children and had an uneventful childhood. The usual arguments and sibling rivalries happened, but for the most part, Oliver's early life was a smooth ride.

Once Oliver had moved out of the house to pursue his dream of becoming an English professor, his life started to take a different turn. He was accepted to an expensive college where his roommates began to pressure him into smoking and drinking. Within a year, Oliver was addicted to cigarettes, constantly hung over, and was booted out of the college for his failing grades.

After failing university, Oliver went to community college and cleaned up his act. His love of teaching was rekindled and his motivations set back to full gear. He graduated with a stellar GPA and went on to teach at the very community college he graduated from. Since then, Oliver became all that he could ever want. He's a well liked and respected college professor, he lives close to nature trails, and most importantly, he feels that he has that sense of accomplishment he had worked so hard for.

Post color: #71873E

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 pm
User Image

BEING REVAMPED

User Image

BEING REVAMPED

User Image

BEING REVAMPED

User Image

Laurel

Zeke Farris
Comments: "Okay, so, I like Zeke. His hair is super amazing and he answered all of my questions, but when am I going to meet Anastacia? How could he show me her picture and not, like, tell me more about her? I'm DYING to know!"

Cruz
Comments: "I remember he had green hair and pointy teeth, but not much else..."

Anita
Comments: "Cruz's guardian! ... I don't remember very much about her. "

Ethiriel
Comments: "We met at the park and I remember thinking that she was really pretty! ... I haven't seen her since then, though. I wish I had her number!"

Nedhudir (Eth's dog)
Comments: "I don't need to pronounce your name correctly in order to tell you that you're a good boy."

LuLu
Comments: "OH, LuLu! She and I traded feathers and helped a puppy find it's owner. I still have her feather with me, it's one of my favorite things! "

Vesna
Comments: "Bought me my first popsicle! I hope she's doing okay."

Shoshana
Comments: "In progress"

Oliver

Zeke Farris
Comments: "I can't thank him enough for making sure that Laurel was well taken care of before he came home with me. If he ever wanted me to buy him a drink or some lunch, I would absolutely love to repay him."

Anastacia
Comments: "The first Raevan I ever met, but unfortunately the one I know the least about. I do remember that I thought she was beautiful, espescially her hair. Lavender is a lovely color."

Henry Knight
Comments: "Very helpful and patient with all of the questions I had. I hope I didn't make him late for work, though!"

Ethiriel
Comments: "Breathtaking, intelligent, and helpful. I'm grateful that she was as patient with me as Henry was."

Johan Kantor
Comments: "Not entirely sure of him, but he seemed nice. Seeing him carry Aina around was adorable, but I didn't say that out loud."

Aina
Comments: "Absolutely adorable and charming, though she almost gave me a heart attack when she used her powers on the cash register. That thing is as ancient as the store itself and I didn't want to see it get broken."

Lorenzo Fisch
Comments: "I made a giant fool of myself when we met and probably left a terrible first impression."

Vesna
Comments: "My impression of her is very nice! She seems sweet and even went as far as to give me her phone number so Laurel can talk to her well before he was born."

Reuben Rothmore
Comments: "I can't tell him how grateful I am for the tarot reading he gave me. It was something that helped me heal beyond what I could have imagined at the time. I hope we can meet up again sometime!"

Phoenix Argyris and Zoe
Comments: "I met Phoenix and his daughter, Zoe, when Anna Sage invited Zoe over to swim at the lake. Phoenix and I spent most of the time cooking dinner and making small talk, but I wouldn't mind seeing them again. It was also nice to see Anna be so open and accommodating. Hopefully these two stay good friends."

Anita Bishop

Cruz

Harrison Troxel
Comments: "I met him at the lake one day about a year or so ago. We didn't speak much, but I wouldn't mind seeing him around again."

Tatiana
Comments: "I met her at the lake one day about a year or so ago. She was swimming and I probably wasn't being very attentive because I don't really remember much about her. I would be interested in seeing her and her guardian again, though."

Axel Halkias
Comments: "We only met once while we were lost in that crazy hedge maze. Needless to say, we didn't get to chat for very long. I wouldn't mind meeting her again!"

Isobel
Comments: "We only met once while we were lost in that crazy hedge maze. Needless to say, we didn't get to chat for very long. I wouldn't mind meeting her again!"

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

User Image

Oliver's House

Oliver lives in three story home with a basement in the forests of Barton. It's a lovely, spacious property with a few gardens that lead off to a hiking path that ends at a lake. The first level of the home has the living room, dining room, and kitchen, as well as the access to the basement. The second level has a bathroom, Oliver's bedroom, and three guest rooms for company and family to sleep in. The third floor is the attic, which can be accessed from a closet next to Oliver's room. This is where Oliver keeps his office and another small bedroom which his nephew, Devin, takes when he stays over during his summers off from school.

Barton Town is a decent 30 minute walk from Oliver's house, but only about five or ten minutes by car. Oliver prefers to walk to town if he isn't going shopping and is usually found along the path on nice days with his dog, Izzie.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Important Locations:

These are notable places, outside of Oliver's property, that Oliver and the Raevan will frequent. Some are owned by family friends and some are just special places that Oliver had mapped out for himself during his walks. All places are open for rp and can totally be used for settings for rps that don't involve Oliver and/or Laurel. Conversely, if you wanted to make any of these places a setting for an rp OR meet any of Oliver's friends and family instead of Oliver and/or Laurel, feel free to ask! I'd be more than happy to set something up!

Arthur's Fables: Located in West Barton and surrounded by coffee shops and trinket stores.

Oliver's favorite used bookstore! Arthur Allenson, a long time family friend of the Kiplings, has owned this shop for 60 years and doesn't plan on letting it go any time soon. It's well known for it's warm atmosphere and the irresistible smell of books and cinnamon.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Barton Community Theater:

Barton Community Theater is located in downtown Barton. It hosts all sorts of plays and bands from all over Gaia, but is well known to Oliver as his brother, Sherwood Kipling's, favorite venue for the plays he writes. Oliver likes to drop in and check on Sherwood as he preps for shows, sometimes bringing coffee and donuts for the entire cast and crew to share.

User Image
User Image

Rose Marie and Thyme: Located in downtown Barton, about ten minutes from where Barton Community Theater is located.

Oliver's sister, Rose Marie, runs this self-proclaimed Aromatherapy Superstore as if it were her second child. Oliver gets most of his air-freshening supplies here, but drops by occasionally to pick his niece, Anna Sage, up for an afternoon at his house so her mother can work.

User Image
User Image

The Carole Household:

Rose Marie, Peter, and Anna Sage live in a lovely house about twenty minutes from Oliver's house. It's nestled close to town, and Rose Marie's shop, as well as Anna Sage's elementary school. However, despite how beautiful it looks, the brick work could use some updates and TLC.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Orville and Theodora's House:

Oliver's parents still live in his childhood home, a thatched cottage on the outskirts of Barton. Like Oliver's house, it's about a thirty minute drive from town, but not quite as nice of a walk because of the highway it crosses over. Still, the property is surrounded by forest and is quite lovely.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Sherwood's Townhouse:

Even though Sherwood works in downtown Barton, he's made his home in a quaint townhouse off the shores of Isle De Gambino. It's surprisingly simple, considering Sherwood's often flamboyant personality, and even has a small backyard complete with a porch. It doesn't over look the water, but the sunsets are still beautiful.

User Image
User Image
User Image

Thatcher's Cabin:

Thatcher, Oliver's eldest brother, owns this old, tiny cabin a good hour away from Oliver. However, because Thatcher lives on a wildlife preserve in Africa and his son, Devin, goes to boarding school in Durem, it sits empty and unused. Oliver occasionally takes trips out just to check on it, and always leaves feeling sad.

User Image
User Image
User Image

L. R. Escher's School For Academic Excellence:

A boarding school located in western Durem. Oliver's nephew, Devin, boards and attends school here from late August until mid-June, while spending summer break and the holidays with Oliver, Sherwood, or Rose Marie. It's a decent school that believes in the best for it's students, even if Devin doesn't appreciate the rules and curfews they uphold.

User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:52 pm
User Image

Empty Soul Bottle -> Filled Soul Bottle

> Set up your journal
> Receive Soul Bottle and Vial via mail; perform a solo entry (or PRP) in which guardian receives Soul Bottle and Vial and their reaction. (Going the solo entry route)
> Perform your soul capture either via an in depth solo entry, or doing it with another person. (Solos coming soon!)

Filled Soul Bottle -> Frei

> Return filled Soul Bottle to Lab 305 (PRP or Solo). (SOLOING)
> Solo entry or PRP, reflection on your soul capture. (SOLOING)
> Meeting with another owner. (IN PROGRESS) (DONE)

Frei -> Sigel

> Brief meeting with a staff member (PRP) to pick up your newborn Frei. (DONE)
> General RP with staff and owners, the Raevan must take part in at least ONE open RP event.
> Sufficient emotional and mental growth on your Raevan. Drama is encouraged!
> Perform a check-up (PRP)
> Perform a growth quest. Growth quest can be thought up on your own, but you will need to have Kyou's approval before you do anything about it. Or you could let Kyou think up of one for you.

Sigel -> Valsaros

> At least one solo entry, about the Raevan reflecting on their own growth.
> Huge amount of dedicated roleplay activity. The Raevan must take part in at least TWO open RP event and respond to ONE metaplot event.
> Maturity growth for the Raevan emotionally and mentally, as well as maturity with their control of powers. Kyou will decide what is sufficient.
> Perform a check-up (PRP).
> Submit a report about your Raevan's growth to Kyou.
> Perform an in-depth growth quest. Growth quest can be thought up on your own, but you will need to have Kyou's approval before you do anything about it. Or you could let Kyou think up of one for you. Growth quest needs to include 2 solo entries and at least 2 PRPs.

Valsaros -> Mystery Stage

Nah, it can't be real... Can it?

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

User Image

PRP:

> Laurel/LuLu (Shu's turn)
> Oliver/Laurel/Sven (Nym's turn)
> Laurel/Shoshana (Bee's turn)

PRP (Inactive):

ORP/Meta:

> None yet

Complete/Discontinued:

> Halloween ORP 2k14
> The Hedge Hunt ft Axel and Isobel
> Summer Tea Party 2k15
> Oliver/Henry/Ethiriel (Complete)
> Oliver/Johan/Aina (Complete)
Oliver/Lorenzo/Vesna (Complete)
Oliver/Reuben (Complete)
> Oliver/Anna Sage/Phoenix/Zoe (Complete)
> Oliver/Zeke (Complete)
> Oliver/Laurel/Zeke (Complete)
> Laurel/LuLu (Complete)
Lab Summer Beach BBQ 2017! (Dropped out)
> Oliver/Zeke/Anya (Dead)
> Oliver/Harrison/Tatiana and co (Dead)
> Laurel/Ethiriel (Dead)
> Oliver/Laurel/Cruz/Anita (Dead)
> Laurel/Vesna (Dead)
> Oliver/Laurel/Nina (Dead)

User Image

User ImageUser Image

The empty soul bottle and fel essence as they were when Oliver received them from Zeke.
Though he was uncertain about how he was going to capture a soul, he was confident that he would sort it out.
Once he figured out what soul belonged in his bottle, that is.

User ImageUser Image

The filled soul bottle and fel essence shortly before Oliver mailed them back to the Lab.
Though the soul choice wasn't actually Oliver's choice at all, he was very thankful that it was from something he could easily learn about.
The soul itself, Qudamah the cheetah, seemed pretty content about being in a bottle, unless he wasn't being held. Then, the colors would swirl almost too fast to be seen.

User Image

Laurel as a newborn Frei was very eager to see the world and learn everything there was to know about it. However, being born at the chilly end of November left him wanting nothing more than to snuggle up by a heater and stay close to home. A world adventure could wait until warmer weather!

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:53 pm
User Image

Laurel

> Nothing yet!

Oliver

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:53 pm
User Image

User Image

. kyoupi .

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

. kotaline . Endless_Dusk . kotaline . kotaline .

. Rookeries . shushida . Bouquet of Diamonds . MannequinsJack .

. ex o ex Snoof . ex o ex Snoof . ex o ex Snoof . MannequinsJack .

. Logue . theLimeTree . Cynnybun . Cynnybun .

. Cynnybun . Erandia . Rue Opal . Subobo .

. Rookeries . Silhh . Silhh . kotaline .

User Image

Laurel

Shawn Colvin - This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)
Mary Chapin Carpenter - Don’t Need Much to Be Happy
Mary Chapin Carpenter - Another Home
Michelle Branch - All You Wanted
Michelle Branch - Everywhere
Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
A Day To Remember - Another Song About The Weekend
Simple Plan - I’d Do Anything
Simple Plan - Shut Up!
The Dixie Chicks - Easy Silence
Celine Dion and R. Kelly - I’m Your Angel
Sarah McLachlan - Fallen
Sarah McLachlan - Blackbird
The Beatles - Let it Be
The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun
Sheppard - Geronimo
Hot Chelle Rae - Tonight Tonight
Ryan Cabrera - On The Way Down
Billy Joel - You May Be Right
Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
Anna Nalick - Breathe (2AM)
Enya - On My Way Home
Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends
Lisa Loeb - Stay
Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want
Live - Lightning Crashes
Finger Eleven - One Thing
Howie Day - Collide
Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird
Leona Lewis - Footprints in the Sand
John Mayer - No Such Thing
Sheryl Crow - If It Makes You Happy
Sheryl Crow - Soak Up the Sun
Jennifer Lopez - Let’s Get Loud
Matchbox 20 - Let’s See How Far We’ve Come
Matchbox 20 - Real World
Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
The All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell
Smash Mouth - All Star
Avicii - Wake Me Up
Jewel - Hands
Avril Lavigne - How Does It Feel?
Avril Lavigne - Tomorrow
The Calling - Wherever You Will Go
Holly Brook - Wanted
Sarah Bareillis - King of Anything
Colbie Callait - Stay With Me
The Prince of Egypt - Through Heaven’s Eyes
Norah Jones - Sunrise
Phil Collins - Son of Man
Shadowfax - Angel’s Flight
John Adorney - Another Beautiful World
Denise Young - I’ll Smile
Panic! At The Disco - This is Gospel (Studio vs. Piano) (Split Audio)
Rufus Wainwright - Across the Universe
GRAY (feat. Loco) - Just Do It
Bonnie Raitt - I Can’t Make You Love Me
Steam Powered Giraffe - Honeybee
The Fray - You Found Me
Árstíðir - You Again
Lee Ann Womack - Why They Call It Fall’in
Yusuf Islam - To Be What You Must

Oliver

General theme songs for everyone

User Image

Pokefarm Laurel demands your attention and all your Cheri berries.

Spotted Nonsense, the official Laurel Kipling Tumblr Blog.

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:54 pm
User Image

Lab 305 belongs to Miaow/Kyoupi
Laurel's Official Artwork belongs to Miaow/Kyoupi
Laurel, Oliver, and all other NPC non-guardian characters in this journal belong to Bouquet of Diamonds
All other art featured belongs to their respective artists
Font used for banners is called DJB On the Spot, which can be found on dafont.com
The brush used for the banners belongs to redheadstock on deviantart and can be found here
Playlists and the music on them belong to the websites they're on and the respective artists featured on them
All pictures used for references were found by using Google Image Search

--[ Raevan Journals ]--

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces