Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply --[ Raevan Journals ]--
._Chrystali's Raevan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:32 am
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: On the Sick Bed
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Kyou, Storei, Eirdirsceol, Alex, Yuurei, Lucia, Natsuki, Sa'ida, Jeremy.
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Kyou is visited while healing in the hospital.

Summary
Alex visits her clumsy boss in the hospital and meets his long time partner, the charming Jeremy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:33 am
(( Reserved for later filling ))  

Anachrophobia
Captain

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:37 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: [RAEVAN PICK UP] Monsters
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Kyou, Lazarus, Zul
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Kyou has the most life-changing surprise for an unsuspecting Alex...

Summary
Alex goes into the Lab on Halloween on Kyou's request and finds that she is now the proud Guardian of the soul that put Jeremy in the hospital. Mixed emotions abound!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:38 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: [RAEVAN PICK UP] Josh & LuLu
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul, LuLu, Josh
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Josh picks up his LuLu.

Summary
It's Alex's first Raevan pick-up at the Lab with Zul! Josh's beautiful Raevan of self indulging ink and br'er rabbit soul is a fine woman indeed, one Zul can and does rightfully appreciate. He takes so to her, in fact, that he believes she is his responsibility, someone he will take care of. Will his thoughts last beyond their first meeting? Even Alex can't read those bright eyes and calm smile when he says her name.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:39 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Beachy Keen
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Sevilin, Alex, Zul
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex 'babysits' Sevilin while We`rika works.

Summary
Zul meets a Raevan other than Lazarus - Sevilin! The demon rather likes the blue-haired Frei and the two get along wonderfully, until Sevilin decides to try and share the wonders of the ocean with the newborn...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:40 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Tis the Season
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul, Graficcha, Ethan, Hazeline, Xiu, Ebony, Lucia, Chris, Niksia, Alessa
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex and Zul go Christmas shopping.

Summary
Zul spends his first Christmas with Alex, discovering the joys (and curiosities) of holiday shopping! The demonic Raevan meets many a new person, as well as Xiu, the second Raevan he's met outside of the Lab. He doesn't really know what to make of all the hustle, bustle and chaos, but it's easy to overlook in favor of the delicious cold of winter; the rest of the holiday is just a perk, so far...

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:41 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Shine on Me
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul, Kinsey
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Inactive.

Summary
Inactive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:43 pm
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Winter Clarity
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Nullified due to no posts

Summary
Nul.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:45 pm
x x x x x █║ SOLO: Come What May
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul, Brad
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Zul shares his first Christmas with Alex; Alex discovers Zul is a fast learner.

Christmas morning came, complete with a demonic Raevan sitting patiently near the blue spruce tree, the lights dull in comparison to the white-hot glow of his central horn.

They'd only just decorated their one-week old blue spruce the night before, and that alone had been an adventure and worth remembering; Zul had ended up wearing half the lights, the multi-colored baubles hanging from his horns and piercings. It had seemed the demon had a great sense of humor over their time together, and Alex could not have been more grateful if she tried. The fear of the Frei becoming a true demonic force was slowly being ebbed from her mind, putting her more at ease around her happy-go-lucky charge and making their time together far less strained.

"Oh, Santa must have liked me this year," the Italian joked as she padded through the living room, wearing warm pajama bottoms and a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Alex crouched near the already-burning fireplace; her brother must have gotten up before her.

The demon gave her a most amused smile, his wings flicking in curiosity. "Liked you?" he repeated in his smooth, smoke-filled voice, tilting his head to the side with a light tinkling sound. A quick glance showed that he was sporting some of the glass ornaments in the loops of his ears.

Soft laughter returned his question, nodding as she took a seat. She felt lazy and warmed by the fire. "Yep. See, Santa brings gifts to people who are good all year long. He gave me what I wanted the most!" Alex let the silence draw between them to build a little anticipation before stating, "A bigger family!"

"You're a sap," Brad's voice came from behind her, a large forearm suddenly in her view as a mug of hot cocoa was handed to her. "Do you know our new family member doesn't sleep? He about gave me a heart attack this morning." The large man turned his smile to the Frei, giving him a playful wink. "Anyway, I'm going to go get Zeke. I'll be back in about an hour."

"Yes and yes," Alex replied crisply, unfettered by her brother's teasing. Her green eyes turned to the clock by the kitchen. "It's seven in the morning. You sure?"

"I know Zeke, and I'm positive he's been waiting for me since midnight." Brad shook his head as he moved to the foyer, retrieving his warm jacket and putting it on. "Don't tear open all the presents yet, hm?" he gave a wave before disappearing out the front door, a bluster of cold air curling within the cliffside house.

"Mean it?"

Alex looked back to the Frei, who was staring at her rather intently. His blue eyes were intense, and it took several moments for the woman to realize he wasn't blinking. "Mean what?"

Zul looked down to his ribbon, picking up the tail and smoothing the colored fabric between his fore and middle finger. "Family," he replied slowly, the word a little odd in his mouth.

A large, lop-sided grin lit her features. The woman crawled across the floor and wrapped Zul up in a hug, complete with covering him in the blanket around her shoulders and arms. "From the bottom of my heart," she affirmed, warmth in her voice. "Now, let me get you your present."

The Raevan looked a little surprised as the blanket fell away from him, watching the woman retreat with a dubious expression. "We have to wait?" he adventured to remind her.

Alex disappeared into her room for a few minutes, digging out a small package from her dresser before returning to the front room, sitting down next to the Frei. "For all of those, sure," she motioned to the variously shaped objects beneath the boughs, "but this is from me to you. There's more under there for you, but this is special. Fair enough?"

Blue eyes were wide at the small box pressed into his gloved palms. It was wrapped in a white foil of snow. As his fingers turned the box over, he noted patches of a more silvery line, embossing snowflakes into the wrapping. It was finished with a simple, well-tied bow of a cheery, velvet red. One hand lifted to turn over a small, hand-written tag, intelligent gaze resting on the block lettering for a few seconds. "To Zul," he read, "From Alix. Smiley face?"

The Raevan looked up to meet his Guardian's stunned expression. His quizzical expression and pausing in opening the gift prompted her to shut her agape jaw and blink a few times. "You can read?" she blurted with surprise. She hadn't taught him to read!

Crystalline blue eyes turned between her surprised face and the tag. After a moment, Zul slowly nodded his head. "Know these," he commented, tapping the names. "Know what they mean."

Her own vivid green eyes turned down to the tag. How much did he know already? He spoke so clearly, much more than some of the Raevans she'd met, and he could read? Could he write, too? She glanced to the presents beneath the tree before shaking her head; not now. This was a time for celebration, not scientific discovery! "You're really something, Zul. Now, present!" she commanded with a teasing poke to his tan arm.

Zul smiled at his Guardian before nodding. He slipped the bow off, thumbs sliding beneath the folding of the wrapping and lightly tearing the foiled paper. The box was plain and white, taped on one side so that opening it acted as a hinge. He pushed the top open, letting it hang precariously by that piece of tape, and peered into the black velvet depths; it looked like a silver crescent? Carefully, he tugged at the object, which popped out easily and gave him a better view of the gift.

It was a ring! He ran his thumb over the polished surface, although there were markings that suggested the item was well loved. The thumb ran over some engravings, making him hold it up to the light to get a better look at what was on it. The metal was light and thick, and within it, engraved...

Zul looked to Alex, perplexed. "What? Is not..."

"Not English," the woman agreed, shifting closer to him and pointing at the words as she spoke them clearly. "Gra anois agus go deo." There was a star at the end of the script, which she lightly touched with affection. "It's Irish for 'Love now and always.' My godmother gave it to me the day B and I went to live with her. I'm giving it to you now as a promise to love and care for you, come what may." Alex smiled at him, almost shyly. "We're family now."

The demon had no words. Certainly, he liked his Guardian, but he'd never really expected...to be accepted. He knew he was different. They weren't even the same race! They had such odd ways of doing things and strange ways of going through the day, but this one...this woman, had set aside the differences that everyone else stared at him for. Zul turned his blue eyes to her hesitant green ones, seeking any deceit or jest in her face. He was not entirely surprised to find that there was none.

In time to come, he'd be more moved by the gift, but not now. The Frei closed his fingers around the ring against his palm and smiled at Alex, putting his fist over his chest where his heart was. He would take those words and her vow seriously. "Thank you," he murmured, "for being family."

Green eyes glittered with sheer joy. Alex wasn't sure how well received the intimate gift would be, and even if Zul didn't fully understand it, he knew how important it was to her - and accepted it. That meant all the world to the woman, who briskly threw her arms around her charge and hugged him again. "Thank you," she replied, heart-felt and happy.

Zul rested his free arm around her, lightly patting her blanket-clad back, his blue eyes ticking towards his closed fist. He wasn't sure how he felt about it all yet, but...he'd try to understand. And he'd hold her to it, come what may.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:59 am
x x x x x █║ SOLO: My Wish
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex shares her New Years tradition with Zul.

"What are you doing?"

Alex glanced up from where she sat, perched on the tailgate of her work truck, legs swinging lazily beneath her. It was dark out; Gambino was a distant star over the ocean, the reflection of the multitude of lights only making it seem brighter and bigger. She liked it out here, without neighbors, without disturbances. It was still taking some time to get used to Zul's presence in their home, even though he'd been with her two months to the day.

The woman smiled at her charge before turning her eyes back towards the Isle. "I'm waiting for the fireworks," she explained, idly jostling something within her hands, "so I can make my wishes."

Intrigued, the Frei floated closer, until he could extend his hand and draw his bare fingertips over the indented metal of the tailgate. "Wishes," he repeated, before continuing in a more quizzical tone, "and fireworks?"

Light laughter returned his inquiry, patting the space next to her with one hand. As Zul pushed himself up and 'sat' next to her, his ribbon trailing over the edge like her legs, she began to explain. "It's the New Year at midnight. Gambino, over there," she pointed to the brilliantly glimmering lights in the distance, "puts on a firework show. They're, y'know, heaved into the sky and explode into color." When the Frei nodded, she continued, "It's a tradition to make a resolution on New Years. To resolve to...to do something that you've been meaning to do, or cut back, or add on, or change, or keep the same..." Alex quirked her lips in a 'tsk'ing sound. "Long story short, it's to make a goal to aim for, in that year."

"Wishes?" Zul prompted his woman.

He was rewarded with an amused grin. "I don't like making resolutions. It's too...too unyielding and set in stone. See," she adjusted, scooting closer to the Raevan as if sharing a great secret, "I put a lot of stock into my word. If I say I'm going to do something or make a promise, I'll do it, no matter what. But, my life, y'know, it can get kind of crazy. Sometimes I don't have the time to make the time for resolutions. Instead!" She held up a finger as he opened his mouth to repeat the word, "Instead, I make wishes."

The demon closed his mouth and nodded, his central horn casting an eerie glow over his bangs and the sharp lines of his face.

Alex opened her palm and showed Zul what was within; a small baggie of what looked like extremely tiny balls of cloth with a thread. "These are tiny fireworks, little poppers. Here, lemme show you." She demonstrated by removing one and tossing it. When it hit the ground, there was a small fizzling pop and a brief flash of light; Zul crowed his approval. "So, when the fireworks start, that's the sign of the New Year. Then I take these, and for each one I throw, I make a wish." Her eyes momentarily turned skybound. "Then when the next year comes, I reflect on my wishes and see how many came true. I give my thanks and sometimes, I wish things for other people."

Zul shifted a little, peering curiously at the bag in her hands. "Does it work?" he asked, more fascinated than anything by the small power the little balls provided.

"If I wish hard enough," she said in a whimsical tone, her eyes a little far off. "I wished for you, you know." Her gaze refocused on Zul, the corners of her lips pulling upwards. "Do you remember, what I asked Santa?"

The Frei nodded, not missing a beat. "Family."

She nodded. "That's right. I wished for it, too, but I never really was clear on what I meant. Sometimes, if you leave your wish vague enough, it's more likely to come true in the strangest ways!" Her free hand patted his, before taking it and turning it over, his palm skybound. "You want to make some with me?"

An eager nod was her response, watching as she shook the bag into his open palm; about a third of the contents rested against his warm glove. "When...?"

The woman squinted at the sky, then back to Gambino. "Any se--"

The blooms of color illuminated the land around them, casting a blue light at first, then joined by red. Alex barely had time to squeal, "THERE!" before the thunderous boom caught up with them. It wasn't as loud as it could have been, but it carried over the water and crashed into the cliffside, sounding like a distant rifle shot and not any less surprising. Zul jumped a little before he stared in awe, Alex simply laughing at the childish wonder he displayed. The two sat together, watching the night sky become adorned with the jewels of the fireworks, the glimmering fizz of their demise not unlike falling stars. There were wide spectrums of solid colors, along with designs - there was a happy face in one of them! - and mixed showers of complimentary colors.

When the ground show started and the distant sky was musty with smoke, Zul turned excitedly to his woman. "Wishes?"

"Wishes," she agreed, palming one of the firecrackers. She bit her lip, thinking for a moment, deciding to start on something easy for Zul to follow. "I wish for good health," she proclaimed, rolling the ball to her fingertips and gripping the small thread that came out of it. She heaved it a good distance, satisfied when the snap came with a small burst of light.

He watched her carefully, and indeed, the demon took note. Looking at one of the balls in his hand, he rolled it between his fingers lightly, feeling the grains of the powder within. Sitting upright, Zul stated, "Wish for friends," and threw the firecracker. It landed not far from where Alex had thrown hers, giving a loud pop and a flash. He grinned proudly at his Guardian, who patted him encouragingly on the shoulder before they began to exchange wishes.

"For continued success in my work!"

"For treats! For Zoe."

"For good offers for B!"

"For sunsets!"

"Zul, you get sunsets every--...you are so cute! For sunsets!"

"For happiness!"

"To not submerging my truck into water!"

"Water?" A pause. "For more beach time!"

"For more time with my family!"

"For good movies!"

Alex ended up laughing through most of the wishes while Zul continued to whole-heartedly wish for simple, enjoyable things. When the demon got a dud on wishing for 'sunny days,' the Italian had to explain through her laughter that it was a wish that couldn't be granted, or else they'd have no storms. The Frei had seemed to contemplate this greatly, and after Alex had thrown a few more, he offered up another wish.

"For storms!"

The woman gave her charge a curious smile, tilting her head. "For storms? Why's that? Didn't you want sunny skies?"

Zul returned her smile, although it was slightly more knowing. "Can't appreciate sun without storms." He turned his smile to the sky, his gaze twinkling like the stars. "And, like storms. Rain is nice."

She found herself taken aback by the Frei's quickly adapting nature and the apparent wisdom he shared with her. Can't enjoy the sun without the storms, she thought to herself. I wouldn't have you here if Jeremy hadn't... Alex's expression sobered; she understood the demon's wish on a level she hoped he never would grasp. "For storms," she agreed, palming two of the firecrackers, "and rain."

"For rain."

When the firecrackers hit, the fireworks in Gambino started up again, startling them both. Alex put the bag aside and rested back on her hands in the bed of the truck, smiling to herself as Zul did the same. Once again, her 'young' charge had given her much to consider. She, too, loved the rain, and would gladly take a week of storms for one beautiful day of sun at the beach - such was true for her life, all the bad that eventually was lightened by the good. Who knew what storms the new year held for her? Glancing to her side, watching the light show cast its dazzling touch over Zul's excited face, she knew she'd be able to weather whatever came her way.

That was her real wish...to see another year with her new family. She hoped, somehow, that it was Zul's wish, too.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 am
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Build Me Up, Buttercup
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul, Mouse, Ekundayo

Summary
Inactive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:32 am
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: What Happens In Sports Co...
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Zul, Alex, Wit

Summary
Inactive.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 am
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: [RAEVAN PICK UP] To Start Anew
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Alex, Zul, Vyn, Ethan
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex brings Vyn to her new home.

Summary
Alex has the sad but exciting task of bringing Vyn to her new home with Ethan Blake. She remembers Vyn as the beautiful Raevan she bought flowers for years ago, now hoping that the frail but not fragile female can grow under Ethan's care. Zul finds Vyn to be most interesting, but her silence makes him a little uncertain, resorting to observing the femme and imparting what small comforts he can.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:35 am
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Well, THIS Is Interesting...
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Shadow, Alex, Zul

Summary
Inactive.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:50 am
x x x x x █║ RP LINK: Good-Hearted Errand
x x x x x █║ INVOLVED: Isikoro, Alex
x x x x x █║ SYNOPS: Alex lends her time and ear to Isi.

Summary
Isi calls on Alex for a ride to the local greenhouse depot, sharing his struggle with raising a depressed Raevan and his means to fix Eiry's despondency.

--[ Raevan Journals ]--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff