Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Bear Squared Purewalker Newbie Contest (winners page 3) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:43 am
BEAR SQUARED
A Purewalker Newbie contest!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Starts: OPEN
Ends: May 19th 5PM EST

Trying for this Lovely Murderous little Lady
User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:50 am
RULES

Bear Squared exclusives
  • You must NOT own/co-own with breeding rights a purewalkeror know you are receiving one soon. (We cant hold you accountable for not knowing however lol)
  • Your foal MUST have their Name be "Bear" plus a descriptor/Title (examples: Bear "the Fat one", Bear "the smelly one", Bear of Deepwoods, etc.) or just plain "Bear". Because not giving a flying flip about names runs in the family.
  • You must promise to follow All the Skinwalker rules and, if you accidentally break any rules, not to give staff a hard time when they ask you to change something to fit shop rules.

General Rules
  • This is an User-Run Contest and not an official shop giveaway, So not only does it mean that it doesnt count to your monthly freebies, but it also means that what we are giving is all you can really get.
  • We'd prefer Active Soquili Regulars: While we both like newbies, the majority Grab and Dash, and we'd like to make sure this goes to someone who actually spends time in thread and trying for things, even if they dont actually own any soquili. We're trying to help the walker population and we can't do that if someone only shows up to enter for this contest and then leaves never to be seen again! There WILL be more contests, so if you're new and have been sort of shy, just hang out a bit: next time you should be golden!
  • Please fill the form out completely
  • Don't be a sore loser if you dont win: That'll be kept in mind for future basket contests and/or co-owns.
  • Late entries will not be accepted, even if neither owner is around to close the thread.
  • Feel free to edit your entries up until closing!

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:51 am
"Family ties"

As skinwalkers they have no real family binds and will be left to fend for themselves. However this is who/what they are related to. We take our Skinwalkers Seriously.

Basketmates

User Image
Owner(s): Mindsend
(plus possible future co-owners) *Squints at entries*
Name: Bear somethingsomething/ Unknown as of yet
About: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (female)

User Image
Owner(s): AlexiaSilver and Akuma_Kessaku
Name: Bear somethingsomething/ Unknown as of yet
About: *Snarl* (Male)

Parents

User Image
Owner(s): AlexiaSilver
Name: Bear
About:

In the early years of Bear's cubhood she had been like any other purewalker foal. Hunting and killing with pleasure and ease. Quick and zippy on her feet despite her somewhat bulky size. This ended when she became arrogant and took on a prey too strong for her to kill alone. She realized too late that she had been at a disadvantage but still managed to escape alive; only a broken ankle and some scars to match. With her new handicap, she was unable to hunt the same size prey before. She was slower, and walked with a limp. Fighting wasn't quite as easy as it had been before. For a year, she lived off of whatever small rodents she could catch. Hardly enough to ensure that she'd be healthy. Soon, an idea grew in her mind. In her early adult hood, she would linger at the edge of forests, watching for unaware Soquili to cross by. She would listen to their voices and replicate their tones/sounds. A "How are you doing? would come out as a "H-owrrrrrre eeeeer ohuuuu der-ern" and then with practice and repetition improve to the better. With age, she would slowly improve her skill and almost perfect replicating and imitating other's voices. She still has trouble with adult male voices, since they're deeper than females/children. She hunts now by calling out to other's while they are alone. She may imitate a sibling of theirs that she heard talking earlier in the day, pretending like they had found something to show the prey in the woods and wanted to show it to them. She would draw them further and further into the forest until she was satisfied with her game and then attack from any direction.

Despite her weakened body, she still gets around albeit a bit slower than the normal soquili. She's clever, having to use her mind to figure out how to catch food instead of hunting it like other purewalker's might. When she feels bored/wants to experience a new thrill, she may build a trap for an unwitting soquili to fall/get caught in while drawing them out into the woods. She enjoys her way of killing and believes that she's better than other skinwalkers for being able to do it. Almost any walker could violently slaughter their prey, she does it with finesse.

User Image
Name: Bear
About:
At first appearances, when most soquili meet Bear, he seems to be a nice enough, if somewhat introverted fellow: He often times saves them from a rock slide, and brings them to the herd he's protector of, feeds them delicious food and teaches them skills. He never seems to take off his robes or wraps, claiming that he had a skin condition required him to be wrapped up and covered at all times, burns from when he was attacked by humans who mistook him for a purewalker. He'd rub his eyes and return their attentions to the food, saying it brought him joy to know they shared with him something he could not have while he ate cured meat or the occasional slab of raw liver so the best would go to his 'friends'.

However, as time goes on there seems to be something sinister behind the facade. Bear leaves regularly, leaving them plenty of food and letting them nibble at the weeds in the gardens or play with the various, somewhat sedentary games or professions he'd teach them, often times after snapping into a frightening rage before wandering off to cool down. Everyone seems to be growing fatter and sleepier with the inactive lifestyle. Sometimes wandering soquili find what seems to be traps set to trigger rockslides or triplines. And to top it all off, none of the soquili nor familiars there have been part of the herd for more than a year, and sometimes they'd simply... Vanish, never to be seen again. After a while a new bit of fresh meat arrives for the meat eaters to savor, but where exactly is this 'mutant 'getting them?

As fall approaches, Bear begins focusing on creating 'the feast', saying he had big plans for everyone.. While some seem excited for this celebrator feast, some of the more observant members of the herd cannot help but feel a frightening chill they cannot quite explain....

--------

For Bear, the entire year when he wakes in spring from his winter slumber, he spends his time preparing for the next winter nap. However, unlike most purewalkers, even other bearwalkers, he's discovered an easier way to fatten up for the winter: Save some saps, often from his own traps, and have the smaller familiars farm and teach them skills that they can teach the soquili and larger familiars, and watch as they feed, fatten and create luxuries and food that can be used the next year to tempt in fresh livestock for his larder.

Crocodile tears, a poor, soppy story of his 'hideousness' and fabricated abuse in his past, and they eat it up and follow him blindly, lambs to the slaughter.

In the fall he taints the grand feast, knocking his prey out, and he drags them off to his pens, where others who had discovered his identity had been kept until they were fat enough to serve, and begins the slaughter, feasting, and curing of their meat, allowing him to store excess so he doesn't have to hunt too much in the spring. Stocking his stores and setting aside any baskets early enough in term to work as a starter stock for his next years 'crop', he settles in for hibernation and the cycle starts again, a meal well enjoyed, seasoned with the flavor of the heartbroken betrayal of his victims.

Aunts and Uncles

User Image
Owner(s): AlexiaSilver and The Spoof
Name: Grizz
About:

Unlike his sister Grizz is full of brute controlled strength. A strike from his paw could break bone and shread skin. He's almost the polar opposite of his sister in the way he hunts. With his massive, swift body and strength, instead of plotting out a hunt, he runs in and attacks with no other plan beside rendering and tearing them apart. This gives him the element of surprise, and his unthought of slaughter could lead to more casualties than he could eat. He may have hunted with Bear when they were cubs, but as soon as she was hurt and couldn't be any further use to him, he abandon her to starve. He cares none for family and would only breed for his own sick pleasure. After mating, he'd likely try to attack and kill the female for a meal after his "snack". She'd have to be strong to survive or swift to get away. There's a chance that he could be tricked into breeding, but if he figured out her plan, he'd likely go into a rage and not stop hunting her until she was dead.

When growing up, Bear and Grizz hunted together to be able to tackle larger game than they would have separate. This would usually lead to them fighting each other over who would get to eat first. The loser would watch in contempt, seething until it was their own turn. There was no commrodery between them. They only did it because they believed it would result in a better life for themselves. When Bear was injured in an attack, Grizz didn't allow her to have any of their kill. He chased her off and almost killed her in the process. To him, that was that. She could have died, or lived, he couldn't care less. Afterwards he grew and traveled alone. Conversations between him and other walkers/Soquili would be short and very unsweet. He finds speaking annoying and time consuming. If he wants something from some one, he'll just take it. Asking is under him.

User Image
Name: Pizzly
About:

Pizzly actively hunts sleeping soquili and children that are not her own (easy prey) and instead puts her own baskets with other soquili's baskets so the 'changelings' have an easy meal of the mother, father, and 'siblings' or are at least not predated on before they're ready to leave the baskets.
The mare is incredibly vain, and horribly sadistic, often drawing out kills with an almost single minded determination, the only thing capable of distracting her from her ‘sessions’ is if her prey manages to get her to monolog. She keeps trophies of every single one of her victims, keeping them collected in her winter den, creating morbid decorations and having ‘fond’ memories of their pain and how exactly they died… Or , if they managed to escape, the wicked plans she has for them.

Additionally, she experiments with various forms of preservation. While most of her trophies are bone, feathers, and hair, Some of her trophies are mummified using rock salt (harvested from part of her den-cave well outside of the parts she lives in), bogs, or shrinking them down by boiling them in herbal water.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:52 am
Form

[align=center][size=24]
[color=brown]BEARBEARBEARBEAR[b][i]BEAR[/i][/b]~![/color][/size][/align]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Ideas for the foal's Name:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Rough Plot ideas: [/b]

[b]I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds:[/b]

-------RP examples?------

Links go here!

-------QUESTIONNAIRE------
[size=9]It is required to answer these questions to have a chance.[/size]
[spoiler]

[b]Question:[i] If someone you wish to breed your skinwalker with [u]insists[/u] on all three breedings being together, how would you explain this in story canon? And How should this be handled in breeding forms?[/i]
Answer:[/b]

[b]Question:[i] Do Skinwalkers form family units or care what their family thinks?[/i]

[b]Question:[i] If you have a hard time RPing a skinwalker in character, what can you do?.[/i]

[b]Question:[i] Skinwalkers can, on rare occasions, form packs/herds to organize an attack, but they always break apart shortly afterwards or sometimes even before they manage to stage the raid. What do you think happens to cause these breakups? [/i]

[b]Question:[i] In your own words, please explain the nature of Skinwalkers.[/i]
[/spoiler]

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=bit.ly/SU0ZTv][img]http://i59.tinypic.com/nprgcz.jpg[/img]
[size=18][b]PUREWALKER NEWBIE CONTEST[/b][/size][/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:22 pm

BEARBEARBEARBEARBEAR~!

Username: `Swirly
Ideas for the foal's Name: Lady Bear

Personality: Twisted—Lady has heard and perhaps even watched how both of her parents go about feeding and feels like both of them are wrong, that she has a smarter/faster way of doing this without having to worry about keeping whining lessers happy OR putting the effort into learning a skill to be able to lure others to her. Lady also thinks of her meals as games. To play her game she sets herself up to look like she’s been trapped, laying down so that a leg is under some rocks although she could/does get out at any time that she pleases. Lady waits until she can hear someone coming and cries for help. Waiting patiently while the soquili exhausts themselves by helping her out from underneath the rocks. Once the lesser is thoroughly tired she tells them they have until the count of 5 to get away from her or else she is going to kill them, slowly. Even though she does not have wings, she will still play her game with winged soquili. It’s just as much about the chase and brutal game as it is about the kill and glorying in it. Lady –wants- to see that sick rush of fear when she makes her intentions known, it fuels her. She does not kill slowly either; it is her victim’s fault for stopping and deciding her ‘play her game’ and because they lost they have to suffer. While not rational, as they didn’t sign up to play – who said she needed to be rational?
Rough Plot ideas:
Her first attempt with her game being played – where it succeeds, where it fails.

I would like her to pick her game with someone that she’ll lose against. Whether it’s someone that has heard of her ploy and comes to fight her while she’s ‘caught’ or is just able to take her on head-to-head during the count of 1-5.

I’d also like to do as much ‘family’ RP as possible. (Obviously this isn’t sit around the campfire and sing songs but still)

Relationships: LOL, no interest as far as I can feel long-term. Continuing the SW line someday, maybe? But she is definitely not a baby-machine.

I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds: Oh yes x3

Old
New
AIM-type
Teepee
(I keep everything in my teepee although I’m about a month-two out of date – RL is a…. bear (ba-dum-ba) for me right now but tons more rp stuff in it.

It is required to answer these questions to have a chance.

Question: If someone you wish to breed your skinwalker with insists on all three breedings being together, how would you explain this in story canon? And How should this be handled in breeding forms?
Answer:
Well… first of all. No. Lady Bear is going to be very much against having any little-brats inside her and would probably try just about anything to terminate pregnancy. BUT in a theoretical world she would have to be caught by another SW and essentially be held hostage until she agreed OR tricked.

As for the very last part, I’m sure I don’t understand?? If you’re asking for 3-6 skinwalker breedings if they would be LM’d, absolutely not. Even if it’s the same partner over/over/over it would be a “fling” form.

Question: Do Skinwalkers form family units or care what their family thinks?
Answer:
Nope, they may acknowledge that they have family…. But if having said family doesn’t suit their own selfish purposes they would happily walk away without a second glance. OR turn on their family and kill them. Again, it’s all about their bottom-dollar, which is themselves.

Question: If you have a hard time RPing a skinwalker in character, what can you do?.
Answer:
Read other skinwalker RPs, read up on the skinwalker breed information, talk to RP staff, and/or run screaming around your house. (jk on last one)

Question: Skinwalkers can, on rare occasions, form packs/herds to organize an attack, but they always break apart shortly afterwards or sometimes even before they manage to stage the raid. What do you think happens to cause these breakups?
Answer:
Skinwalkers don’t form loving bonds/attachments. So when these groups are no longer useful for whatever wass needed, they break up. It’s simple, emotionless in a, “You do not help me, I certainly have no desire to help you. Kbye.” Sort of thing.

Question: In your own words, please explain the nature of Skinwalkers.
Answer:
To me, if the world were to be divided into black/white, Skinwalkers would be the pure black. While they may put on game faces, they may not even be hugely blood-thirsty, they may have different personalties, etc… The end result is that they are evil.
They do not want cuddles. They do not –care- if you don’t like them. They will not cut you some slack. They don’t care.
It’s an intense level of self esteem, perhaps even a God Complex of sorts with A LOT of hatred/anger thrown in. (Even if they hate themselves, they hate you more)

`Swirly

Hygienic Sex Symbol

caffeinektn

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:35 pm

BEARBEARBEARBEARBEAR~!

Username: Brosephiine
Ideas for the foal's Name: Bear Bites

Personality: Wicked. Bear Bites isn't the type of Purewalker to be outright evil, she likes to toy with others, give them hope before tearing them down (literally or figuratively.) She enjoys watching the hope and happiness drain from others and loves watching fear rise in her prey. She takes her time with a kill and relishes it, basking in the bloodshed.
Rough Plot ideas:
I like the idea of Bear Bites running into a family member and them nearly killing each other before redirecting their focus to a kill, eating, and then going their separate ways. xD The situation is mildly comedic to me. (My writing tends to lean towards sarcastic/comedic/outright laughable.)

As far as relationships, I'd like to breed her for sure. I feel like she'd enjoy the challenge of a breeding more than anything. Bear Bites is they type to enjoy blood and pain and gore, so a breeding that's more like a mauling would be right up her alley I think.

Definitely want some family interaction, arguments, fights, and massive feuds. Dramallamas everywhere.

I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds: Yes! 8D

My best samples in general can be found here.
For Soq and B/C roleplays, I tend to write anywhere from one to three paragraphs, but can write more if needed.

Question: If someone you wish to breed your skinwalker with insists on all three breedings being together, how would you explain this in story canon? And How should this be handled in breeding forms?
Answer:
Probably a survival of the fittest. They want only the best, so returning to the same breeding partner makes sense if they can't find better. As far as breeding forms, it would not be considered lifemate since skinwalkers do not have lifemates. So a simple "no" to the lifemates question would work, I think. Unless I'm missing something in the question?

Answer:
No.

Question: If you have a hard time RPing a skinwalker in character, what can you do?.
Answer:
I suppose co-owning with someone who takes more enjoyment from it would be a decent step? Personally I'd just research into villains more until I find a style that suits me.

Question: Skinwalkers can, on rare occasions, form packs/herds to organize an attack, but they always break apart shortly afterwards or sometimes even before they manage to stage the raid. What do you think happens to cause these breakups?
Answer:
Fights, general disagreements over the smallest things. I can't imagine they'd get along on nearly any level lol.

Answer:
Generally solitary in nature, with no bonds of love or family to give them any sense of loyalty. They're vicious creatures, animalistic, and sometimes devoid of anything but base instinct and the need to hunt and kill.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:39 pm

BEARBEARBEARBEARBEAR~!

Username: pinchmonster
Ideas for the foal's Name: Bear the Gnawing Hunger, but she'll go by Bear.

Personality: Bear the Gnawing Hunger might be considered by some to be the epitome of her species. She will always and has always been alone, and will only come into a pack if there needs to be something accomplished that requires numbers. Even then, she stays away from those around her - because she isn’t stupid, and she quickly learned that things can go terribly wrong when those similar to her get together. Bear the Gnawing Hunger does not want to be wounded, after all. She holds herself in high esteem.

Bear the Gnawing Hunger is a big, big girl. When she was left by her mother Bear, she went hungry for a long, long time. She scavenged on scraps left behind by other predators, and barely scraped by until she was large enough to bring down her first meal. Now when Bear feasts, she eats more than enough, and never goes hungry. She will eat until she is full, and then some - and she never leaves anything behind. She is also far more aggressive when food is involved. Bear the Gnawing Hunger did bear the gnawing hunger, and so her name suits her incredibly well.

Bear the Gnawing Hunger is a collector. She collects pretty things - and these pretty things are usually living creatures. Bear the Gnawing Hunger has a penchant for breaking little birds so they cannot escape her den - and when they grow ill from hunger or pain, she ends them (not out of mercy, but because she tires of their cries) and considers them a little snack - though she always keeps a little feather or two out of vanity. She considers them something of a trophy, and her den will be decorated with hundreds if not thousands of feathers. Bear the Gnawing Hunger has never kept another Soquili, but it is something she aspires to. Bear the Gnawing Hunger likes the Soquili with wings - flutters, wind, she does not have a preference.

Bear the Gnawing Hunger will always and has always looked out for number one. She is careful not to put herself into situations where she does not think she can come out the victor - this was learned through trial and error. Bear likes to cause pain, but she does not like to feel pain - unless, of course, it involves the right kind of skinwalker and the right kind of situation. Though she'd never admit it, there is a little piece of her that enjoys being dominated by a bigger, stronger skinwalker (be it male or female). It is not always necessarily sexual - but Bear is an avid admirer of strength and ruthlessness, even when she is the target. This sort of interaction is the only time where she will willingly engage with other skinwalkers for reasons other than taking down large prey or accomplishing something that needs greater numbers.

Rough Plot ideas: I want conflict. I want to play the bad guy - but I want to play the bad guy who is evil because she knows nothing different, not because she necessarily has anything to gain. Bear the Gnawing Hunger wants for nothing, but wishes to cause destruction only because she can. She has no ulterior motives, no master plan. I would also love some interaction between herself and her siblings - but most especially some heated interaction between Bear the Gnawing Hunger and her mother.

Bear's Toys: I would really like for Bear to have at least one or two (if not more) toys. Soquili that she keeps and breaks (a wing, a leg, etc.) so that they cannot escape her. She would not feed them or keep them healthy or even keep them near her at all times. She might take them out to the forest and leave them there, keep her distance so that she can watch what happens to them without being too involved. She might maim them so they cannot speak, and use them to capture more Soquili. I am completely open to her 'toys' being rescued, and nothing would happen that wasn't agreed upon by all parties involved. If she could catch a cursed skinwalker, I think that would be the very best thing ever.

Bear's Higher Learning: I think it would be interesting to have Bear morph from a frightened, fierce and murderous little cub to something far more terrifying and sadistic. As a little one, she'll have a rough time of it. She'll nearly starve, but pull through. I'd like to have her run into another skinwalker and perhaps there will be no interaction, but she'll keep her distance and watch this stranger from afar. Perhaps s/he's especially nasty, and Bear learns a few of her/his nastier traits. I'd love it if this became something that continues on, with more interactions down the line - and eventually a fight of some sort, wherein Bear gets her butt whooped soundly by the other skinwalker.

Bear's Pain: I want Bear to be hurt at one point, either by another skinwalker or a small group of cursed skinwalkers or a larger group of soquili (maybe kalona or some such). She'll come against the target (be it a single skinwalker or group of soquili) feeling a little too egotistical and leave the skirmish having learned a hard lesson. Maybe she loses an eye or is horribly disfigured (scarred, loses an ear, etc.) and learns through this that she absolutely isn't as strong or as battle-hardened as she'd thought, and that she should pick her fights a little more carefully.

Bear's Hobby: I would love for there to be a pack/herd of horses that Bear takes up residence next to or near to, and simply torments that herd until she moves on. Maybe she kidnaps a few babies but is caught before she can get too far or kill them and eat them. Maybe she is stalking through the herd in the middle of the night and there's a conflict between herself and a few soquili that leaves one or both parties bruised and bleeding. Maybe she merely hangs out on the outskirts of the herd, leaves dismembered birds and rabbits and wolves laying about just as a reminder that she's always there, watching.

Bear's First Field Trip: I want there to be a group of skinwalkers that get together for whatever reason, only to have it end up in horrible chaos. This is going to be how Bear learns to stay away from large groups of skinwalkers (and skinwalkers in general). I kind of like the thought of her getting all lathered up over a potential kill only to have her terrible hopes of murder and mayhem crushed because the small gathering of skinwalkers simply dissolves into flying fur and blood. Through this she'll learn that the payout has got to be worth the risk.

Bear's Dirty Little Secret: Bear likes the big brutes. She loves large males, she loves huge females. If a skinwalker is bigger than herself, she has the inexplicable urge to engage them in hopes of one of two outcomes. Either they will mate (either resulting in offspring of her own, or not) or they will fight (often resulting in Bear being badly wounded)... or both. Bear finds a sick and twisted little thrill in being dominated (one way or the other) by a skinwalker bigger, stronger and far more powerful than she. It is not always out of "attraction" - she uses these interactions to learn how to be better and stronger. I would love for Bear to find a few skinwalkers (males or females) who completely dominate Bear. I want her to be able to explore these "feelings" the best way she can. I want her to come away from these interactions a little smarter and a little more battle-savvy. I think this could also be a way for Bear to come into contact and mate with the same male multiple times.

I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds: I do.

I'm going to link RPs here that I think show that I can play evil and violence and chaos. I'm also giving them trigger warnings just in case anyone is going through my entry and they might find themselves triggered by these things.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23759235 - (tw: violence)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24222591 - (tw: sex)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23419171 - (tw: violence)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23432917 - (tw: violence)

These RP's are tamer by comparison.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24272831
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24253703
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24250553
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24251683
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24279429
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24339757

Question: If someone you wish to breed your skinwalker with insists on all three breedings being together, how would you explain this in story canon? And how should this be handled in breeding forms?
Answer:
I think the only way this could be explained would be 'pure happenstance'. Two purewalkers happen to waltz into one another three times on different occasions simply because they inhabit nearby territory, or just wild luck. Maybe - and this might be pushing it - they find the other so epicly strong and worthy of their time and effort that they are just a 'preferred' sex partner, but like I said, I feel like that might kind of be pushing it. It would never be called a life-mating, and would not be posted as a breeding expecting life-mating benefits - because purewalkers do not take lifemates, so even though we might be breeding them together three times, they would not be considered lifemates by any stretch of the imagination.

Answer:
No. It really is as simple as that! :B

Answer:
Think about getting a Kalona instead would probably be your best bet, I think. I tried to come up with a different answer while keeping the rules in mind, but I came up blank. I mean, you probably could talk to others and get some suggestions on how to play a skinwalker, but if RPing something blatantly and utterly evil down to their very atoms makes someone uncomfortable, I think it’s probably best they don’t play a skinwalker.

Answer:
I think the volatility between one skinwalker and the next probably causes a spark that doesn't simply ignite, but explodes. They are too evil and chaotic to exist around one another (or anyone else, for that matter) to live together for long. I think that once there is even the smallest hint of discord between one skinwalker and the next, the others surrounding those two simply feast on the negativity and hostility and the next thing you know, it's just an all-out, blood-spilling brawl. I think it’s probably for the best that they don’t travel in packs or herds because it’s just such a beautifully toxic thing on so many levels.

Answer:
Volatile, chaotic beasts. They have no respect for anyone aside for themselves, and they're dangerous as all get out. I think their volatility is what makes them so dangerous. Their bone-deep evilness is only icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned - but that utterly delicious volatility is what is so exciting about them. I'm not saying they're ever kind or gentle - no no no. They run imploding star hot to deep blackest space cold - never simply ‘hot’ or ‘cold’. They are a destructive force, and in that respect they are very simple creatures - but on the other hand, the pure ferality of the species is one of the most fantastically complex and true-to-the beast species that the shop has to offer - if not the most.

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:43 pm
Disqualified (after closing) Due to never agreeing to follow the rules/leaving an incomplete form

BEARBEARBEARBEARBEAR~!

Username: NovaCracker
Ideas for the foal's Name: Bear Naked Lady (I WENT THERE. I DID)

Personality: Never has "God Complex" fit one creature. Bear Naked Lady enjoys trickery and deception, and being one to raise herself, she's highly arrogant. Bear Naked believes she is a diety to be worshiped by 'lesser' soquili and that, along with becoming her meal, is the majority of their life. She uses her 'bear form', the bear dead when she claimed it's pelt as a newborn, to hunt and stalk, and convince others of this claim - she steals food from kalona, and then eats the kalona. She uses sweet words to entice foals, and then has a lovely snack. She generally only uses other soquili to find better prey pretending weakness and innocence... aaaand then once their usefulness is up, chomp chomp gulp gulp...

Bear (for short) is a glutton, self serving, and self entitled, and if you don't acknowledge that she is a deity (she's not but, well, god complex)...

Let's hope you can outrun a 600 pound bear...

Rough Plot ideas:

I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds:

Non-Soq 1
Non Soq 2
Non Soq 3

I'm actually REALLY SHY about posting often in Soq. so call this me being a squeakymouse.

Answer:
Unless Bear is looking to spread her 'influence', uhm, it's best to assume she was snuck up on by one very lucky soquili, or she was going to devour then at the end of the matter. The other Soquili would not be anything but a tool and future meal, so it is unlikely to hapen. There would be no lifemating and RP staff would be consulted and all plotting checked with them. Further?

I ain't going for any offers that insist on all 3 breedings. Seriously.

Answer:

AH HA HA HA HA- no. Bear Naked Lady for example doesn't know that she has parents. She probably would be found by some poor Kawani who got devoured at birth/emergence by the little brute.

Answer:

RP Staff are a marvelous thing to ask for help. Seriously.

Answer:

In-fighting about the spoils mostly. That or someone gets drunk or similar and says "Oh, hey, you look Delicious" and then there's a mass Skinwalker cannibalismfest. Depends on the group though.

Answer:

VILE EVIL THINGS. Also good is Zazu's description of the hyenas. "Slobbering mangy stupid poachers". biggrin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:46 pm

BEARBEARBEARBEARBEAR~!

Username: Mewsings of An Angel
Ideas for the foal's Name: Bear the Cold "Snow"

Personality: She is as chilly as they come, giving all the cold shoulder, staring at them with cold eyes that speak of hatred and bloodlust. She is not someone you would want to approach in the dark or run into by yourself. She is cold in the way she speak, her works condensed, straightforward and callous as they come. She doesn't steep so low as to coddle any. Even her family is subject to bitter rage-filled words that may or may not be earned. She hates everyone with a chilly determination and equally. Do not make her mad, do not! She will turn her teeth and claws upon you in an instant, without hesitation ending your existence.
If you run into her on accident, there is a chance of talking your way out of it, by giving her something else to focus her rage upon. She kills without mercy, but she is not without her sanity. Difficult as it might be, giving her something else (an animal or another Soq) to kill, just might release you from your fate of dying beneath her claws.
Rough Plot ideas:

Besides the amusing family RP that might come, I have thought of many possible RPs.

-Death's Charm
Snow wants to give someone a perfect death. By this, she means dying beneath her claws. She wants to make a victim to suffer, as she slowly carves away their life, keeping them alive as she does so. This would definitely not be a plot for the faint of heart, but would be perfect for someone who wants their Soq to die with a story to tell. From her capturing them, to being held by the she-devil, to their death!

--Bloody Ice Queen
By the time of this plot, Snow has taken up residence in some ruins in the mountainside, and she has made a name for herself in the surrounding area. She would be known for her killing. Some very brave Soquili would approach her with a proposition of trading life for safety. Perhaps by offering her animals or such which they have caught, to trade for her to let them live below her "castle" without fear of their little ones being her game.

---Contract to Kill
This would more aptly happen after the Blood Ice Queen plot. Someone bravely approaches her home and barters to have her kill someone in return for something (maybe she's searching for something or such). She could deny them and kill them, or take up the job and track down the poor victim.

These are only a few of what popped into my mind, more to come possibly!

I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds: Yes.

Link
Link

More to come!

Answer:
Not quite sure what the questions means by breeding forms besides the mating thing (wherein they would not be lifemates), but... No skinwalker can feel love. They can not lifemate and if they do have a specific partner it would not be out of pure feelings, moreso they might stay together for personal gain or possibly just for the children, where they might afterward leave or kill the other parent outright.

Answer:
Absolutely not.

Answer:
Ask other people who have walkers for input and help mold the character to be easier to RP. Read through other examples of skinwalker RP. Just ask questions!

Answer:
Staying together with that many paws and claws is bound to end badly. They would most likely only be able to stay together long enough to pull off the hunt and then take what is theirs and depart. Skinwalkers have a vicious nature and would be very much drawn to fighting with other walkers over complete ownership of whatever was gained as a group, which would mean a lot of bloodshed.

Answer:

Dark creatures, cursed into being what they are by darker powers.
They are death incarnate, vicious creatures with no thoughts of love or care of lesser creatures.
They kill to thrive, and kill often for the fun of it.
They despise good little Soquili and would much rather destroy than to make.
Originating from hell's heart, they are devils in the guise of fur and claws.

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:53 pm

BEARBEARBEARBEARBEAR~!

Username: Lady Aria Starstone
Ideas for the foal's Name: Bear's Repeating

Personality: Repeating is the sort of Walker who, like her parents, prefers to trap her prey. She considers herself an intelligent Walker, and in her mind, the best trap is one that leaves little trace of what happened for others to find. After all... If they find out she's there, they'll try to stop her. When not actively trapping prey, she spends time devising better ways to hide her traps, before, during AND after. Her ultimate goal is to be a hidden Terror... Enjoy the misery of those she traps, and when she can, the misery of those who don't know what happened to their beloved relatives and friends.
Rough Plot ideas:
Repeating would find a Cave system, one where she will set up the majority of her traps. Her main home will be deep within the caves, and along the way to it, she'll have pits and rockfalls, dead ends that look like they're a good escape route, and more. My thought is to have her discover the ways the acoustics of the caves work, so she can learn to bounce her voice... And call out to passersby, letting them think some one had gone in and gotten hurt, or trapped.

She might even try, experimentally, to trap some of the Soq, do something EVER so lovely like slice off their tongues so they can't talk... And try to force them to breed, to keep a living larder in her cave system, then killing the parents once they can no longer produce foals.

I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds: But of course!

Aim Based RP Logs:
A Mossy Cave
Across the Valley
The Quest for Tea
I do most of my RP by AIM, as it's easier for me to track.
Non- AIM based:
Unrequited

Answer:
Adjoining territories. The other Walker, because she would NEVER breed with a nonwalker, would have to have a territory that borders hers, so that she will not waste her time hunting for breeding further away.
And um. My best guess on what you're getting at here, because I'm sort of confused, is to say NO to the LM question/make it clear it's officially a fling?

Answer:
Uh. No.

Answer:
Ask for help from Uta, and other Walker owners. I, personally, would go to 1/3 to ask for advice on how to do a better job, because she's a good friend who I wont feel guilty bothering all the time, but if I'm really stuck, ask Uta. If I have TOO much trouble, but I still want to RP my Walker, I need to do it outside of Gaia, non logged AIM RP etc. But I'd rather not, since that would defeat the purpose of getting more active Walker owners.

Answer:
Skinwalkers are... not compatible in groups, for long. They are full of self centered focus... 'I will feed, all that matters is that I feed, and my well being.' The others might be useful tools, for a time, but if one of them goes against the will of another, or interferes with the perceived well being of that other, it would instantly cause a fight between them, and destroy what little had brought them into a pack for the hunt.

Answer:

Purely, simply, they are evil. Pure evil. All they care about is themselves, their need to feed, their comfort, such as it is. There is nothing sacred to them in this world, or the next. All other life exists to feed them, and if it is not edible or they can't successfully kill it to feed, it is either pointless, a tool, or in the way.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:02 pm

BEARBEARBEARBEARBEAR~!

Username:  dawns_aura
Ideas for the foal's Name:  Bear the Flame of Gehenna

Personality:  Malignant
Rough Plot ideas:   -basic ideas, subject to change and amendment through rp and such -

The Flame of Destruction:
She wants to see the world burn to ashes. She wants to destroy everything.
Everything that is good , everything that is evil. Everything that is indifferent.
She will see it all destroyed.

A special focus on hunting and the destruction of the pure species- namely unicorn and kirin, as her favored prey. She will lay claim to a small territory and try to create her perfect world in that small area of land.

She is intelligent and is aware of her strengths and weaknesses, she knows that on her own she isn't likely able to take down an angeni on her own. She may eventually seek out other 'walkers to eradicate the threat.

The Thrill of the Hunt:
Aside from watching the world burn, the only other thing that might offer her anything approximating pleasure, is the thrill of the hunt. The feeling of blood running over her claws, and feeling the life leave her victim's bodies.

She is determined and obsessive. She will follow her prey to the ends of the earth if she must to feel that rush.

I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds:  Absolutely

Soq rps-
x
x

Other-
x
x

Answer:
  If it is chosen to go that route (which is IC'ly unlikely at best) The breeding would be considered fling only so a new breeding agreement would need to be posted for each breeding.

In canon, it might be said this was chosen by both parties to fulfill a specific goal or purpose

Answer:

Simply put - no.

Answer:
  you may co-own with others who can, you can rp ooc'ly and off Gaia, or you can plot.

Answer:
  conflict of personalities, their chaotic natures and a myriad of other things...

Answer:
  They are Chaos. They are Evil. They are animalistic. They are cruelty.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:26 pm

BEARBEARBEARBEARBEAR~!

Username: xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Ideas for the foal's Name: Bear Foot

Personality:

Vicious and venomous; Bear dislikes manipulation and is more of a paws-and-claws-before-words sort of mare. Bear would not succeed in manipulation anyway, because she rarely speaks, and when she does it's in short, choppy sentences that seldom make sense. She would rather tear another limb from limb than put any effort into knowing her prey. Playing with her food is so droll to her. She is somewhat of a Purewalker Blitzkrieg. Being quiet and unnoticeable allowed her to survive to adulthood, so she uses this to her advantage. She'll stalk her prey, await their weakest moment, and burst in without warning with a lightning-fast flurry of claws and teeth. Her quickness and Blitzkrieg strategy makes up for her smaller size.

Rough Plot ideas:

- I'd love to make Bear the main antagonist for my soq that need some, well, antagonizing. In particular, I want her to be the walker that slaughters my mare, Jasmine's, herd bit by bit. This will also put her in my stallion, Mest's, plot-path.
- Demonstrations of her Blitzkrieg method of killing and subsequent corpse-nomming
- Encounters with other walkers; this will make Bear uncomfortable because of her small size and may force her to talk herself out of a situation when she can be overpowered physically

I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds: I swear!

All here o vo

Answer:
In this case I would decline and look elsewhere for a breeding partner, as this would walk the line of establishing a relationship - which is a no-no. Skinwalkers are fling-only, ain't no lovey-dovey stuff going on here.

Answer:
Hell no!

Answer:
Well I would say try for a Kalona or other breed that has evil tendencies/lore, but more wiggle room in terms of character/RP. Also, don't be afraid to ask for some help from others in thread or even the RP staff if you don't know if you're doing something that's not in the Skinwalker character realm.

Answer:
Put enough evil in a room and something is going to go kaboom. As solitary creatures, they're going to get a bit twitchy surrounded by others, especially others that are just like them. The paranoia of whether another, bigger Skinwalker will take you out when your back is turned would probably be what would dissuade Bear from ever actively seeking to pack up with other walkers, given her size in comparison.

Answer:
Skinwalkers are awful creatures that lack the capacity for deep relationship-based emotions, and are instead only in possession of the baser, more animalistic drives.

In other words - EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:03 pm

BEARBEARBEARBEARBEAR~!

Username: Cajmera
Ideas for the foal's Name: Bear the Bear (because Bear the Bear don't care...about names)

Personality: Bear might be a bear in breeding and appearance, but when it comes to her personality and behavior, she has more in common with aquatic predators like sharks or crocodiles. Bear is cold, quiet, and calculating; she's never been one to prefer talk when snarling is just as effective a method of communication. She prefers to wait, silent and immobile, only to lash out fiercely when hunting or provoked. Because she prefers to use stealth and patience when hunting rather than strength, she has no tolerance for shared hunting grounds and finds her fellow skinwalkers in particular to be maddening.

Rough Plot ideas: Ever since she was a foal, Bear has relied more on her stealth and shrewdness than her strength to acquire her food; the pathetic example of her mother's disability brought home that relying on the physical, whether brute strength or speed, could result in desperate times if you became injured. Above all else, she never wants to see herself brought low by her own weakness.

Bear's preferred hunting style is ambush. She is capable of remaining motionless for hours, buried amidst the leaves of the forest floor, the rocks along the walls of a canyon, or even the mud of a marsh. She finds likely spots, settles in, and simply waits for prey to wander by...at which point she erupts like a crocodile, preferring quick, clean kills that conserve the most blood and tissue. She maintains caches of meat for leaner periods, but prefers to keep her reflexes sharp by constant hunting practice, even when she's fully satiated. On those occasions she's not hunting for food, she likes to lighten things up a bit by posing her kills in amusing ways and fun places where they're sure to be stumbled upon by other prey. Even if Bear isn't around to watch, she still gets a kick out of knowing someone will get to enjoy the results of her efforts.

No specific plot ideas at this time, but within this framework I have a few nebulous ideas. I'd love to see her interact with her family, given her distaste for other Skinwalkers. She has particular apathy for her mother, because of Mother Bear's disability and subsequent 'weakness', and because Mother Bear's fashion of imitating voices to lure prey is almost directly opposite Bear the Bear's preferred ambush hunting style. Another idea is a 'hide and seek' plot where some Soquili stumbles upon one of Bear's posed kills and freaks out, but because Bear herself is too far away to 'ambush' the Soquili, there is no kill. Instead, Bear decides to make a game out of the Soquili's horror and starts to follow it about, staging further elaborate 'shows' for the Soquili to find until she either finally kills it or it shakes her. This would be best with a unicorn, I think.

I swear to follow all Skinwalker rules, and keep anything that doesn't fit shop canon out of the shop threads and guilds: Yes

These are a pretty fair example of my rp style. I'll be upfront and admit I have never rped a truly evil Soq before, so if I do end up winning Bear, it will be new in that respect. However, I prefer longer rps with lots of development, including many solos.

RP
RP
RP
RP

Answer:
Given the nature of Skinwalkers in particular and how I see Bear the Bear in specific (that is, hating other Skinwalkers), I wouldn't agree to that arrangement so it would be moot for Bear. But hypothetically, it could be explained in story canon as the two skinwalkers having similar hunting styles/outlooks on prey/etc and being thrown into proximity with each other enough that mating instincts simply take over...multiple times. And in that case, you'd just use the standard 'selective permission' form.

Answer:
...No. They don't feel love, or any other sort of emotional connection.

Answer:
Research, research, research! Read the Skinwalker information guide to start with; talk to Uta the RP Manager; talk to the owners of Bear's parents, or other purewalker owners for tips. But never compromise the nastiness that is a Skinwalker.

Answer:
Well, they're Skinwalkers. They don't like anything except violence and mayhem, not even each other; considering that a gathering of skinwalkers would pretty much preclude there being any prey animals around, they'd have to get their mayhem and violence fill from each other. Plus, I imagine they'd easily annoy each other, given their preferences for solitude.

Answer:
Skinwalkers are evil incarnate, demons in Soquili form. They care for nothing other than their own lusts, specifically for blood and violence. The specifics vary from walker to walker, some preferring mind games, others just preferring straight-out facing ripping. They are born of evil, particularly the purewalkers, and they don't care what anyone thinks.

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas