Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Elder

Well, it depends on what you mean by super-powers.

Your example of telekinesis is parapsychology, and that toes the line with the occult. It's debatable whether those kinds of powers are occult in nature, or biological, if indeed any such people actually exist. It's a matter of actual study to this day. Most scientists, of course, are pulling for biological.

It also crosses occult studies because of its relation to poltergeist activities, which falls soundly within the territory of the Great ******** Weird.

On the other hand, things like super-strength are matters of theoretical genetics, and are mostly unrelated to occultism, except in the theoretical relation to certain mythologies. You know the ones.
thank you... that helped me mucho much
RE: In the Cities of Coin and Spice

I've met this creature who has lizards running around in him. He's a ferryman not unlike Charon in Greek mythology and having to cross the river Styx to reach the afterlife (coins and all!). He calls himself a Hsien, and is described as having been part of the moon. The story goes when the stars left the sky, they created a kind of wind which blows the moon in circles, and when she gets going fast enough, layers of her skin come off. Now, I don't know if these alive layers are called Hsien, or if they're called something else, because apparently he died and his body wasted away and he doesn't know what happened to it, for now he's a skeleton who has lizards running around his hollow insides with writing on their backs about weather or something.

I looked up what a Hsien was, and it's some kind of changeling native to Asia. [1] However, I can't find any relationship between them and the moon.

12,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
This thread ROCKS my socks officially lol

Okay, so, right now I am currently working on a novel of mine which deals greatly with werewolves. However, Im not looking for the traditional transform-by-the-full moon, silver-avoiding ones we're all too familiar about. Instead of the European ones, I'm trying to see if there's some lesser known werewolves myths and legends that I can use as a springboard for my creative endeavors.

It would provide most useful if you can try to pull up something
Aeyera

Okay, so, right now I am currently working on a novel of mine which deals greatly with werewolves. However, Im not looking for the traditional transform-by-the-full moon, silver-avoiding ones we're all too familiar about. Instead of the European ones, I'm trying to see if there's some lesser known werewolves myths and legends that I can use as a springboard for my creative endeavors.

try this link: Werewolves
Aeyera

I'm not 100% about some of the information on this site, but they have an interesting list of other cultures if you're looking for things to spark ideas. [1]

This one seems to have some interesting stuff (not just King Lycaon!) and a decent amount of information. The red links underneath in the navigation bar have to do with werewolves too. The pages have those annoying adds in the middle of them, but it seems all right. [2]
This thread is definitely up my alley.

I'm attempting to create a sort of 'demon' race for a roleplay I will be doing. Now, the demons of this race worship a deity that represents 'nothingness', and I wish for their bodies to somewhat reflect this.

Now, I've thought of having them be emaciated thin, or having their skin be transparent, but nothing seems to jump out at me.

My question is: Are there any sort of existing demons who are sort of semi-tangible or 'half missing' in a way?

Sorry if the question seems vague.
i have another question;

does anybody have (or know where one can be found) a concise descriptions on creatures that fall under the category of fae as a whole? not a description of individual fae creatures but a description of the group of fae as a group.

please, any help will be enormously appreciated.

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
jonniboi123
i have another question;

does anybody have (or know where one can be found) a concise descriptions on creatures that fall under the category of fae as a whole? not a description of individual fae creatures but a description of the group of fae as a group.

please, any help will be enormously appreciated.
Ah, well, I'd say best choice would be to check hereabouts and that should have you covered, with the exception of the obscure types.
Thanks for the information on the Fae.

I have another question also, does anybody know where I can get information on the Wampira (Polish Vampire). Information I need includes; history, legends, prevention, weaknesses. Of course any more information than that would be so appreciated you have no idea.

I searched the internet and I found a wikipedia page, but it was in Polish. So my search came to a dead end. If anybody could help I would love you forever.

Please && Thank you.
On the left side of the Wiki page, it should have a language bar. If you click English, the page should translate from Polish to English. If it doesn't, try other search engines like Yahoo!, Ask, or Wiki itself to see what else comes up. Also, if you've a library and school or near your house, see what databases they subscribe to, get the information you need to log-in from home, and search those also. You never know what you might find.

Fashionable Lunatic

4,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Can anyone tell me about golims? I know they were creatures made by magic to be used as servents or something like that but can anyone tell me more?

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Yan Yu
Can anyone tell me about golims? I know they were creatures made by magic to be used as servents or something like that but can anyone tell me more?
golems? Usually made of clay and brought to life through magic to be used as servants, I believe they've got some Kabbalistic origins, give me a moment, 1 2 3

Fashionable Lunatic

4,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Deandriea
Yan Yu
golems? Usually made of clay and brought to life through magic to be used as servants, I believe they've got some Kabbalistic origins, give me a moment, 1 2 3

That was alot of help! Thanks! heart

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Yan Yu
Deandriea
Yan Yu

That was alot of help! Thanks! heart
no problem, I was surprised at how good wiki was for a change.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff