Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: King Awesomolocity
Why do I love gaia: There's so many great people here. And I've actually learned about economics from here. (Recently, I've learned what not to do)
Anything else you wanna say: I can't bear to see the site go down like this. I know they keep saying that Gaia isn't going down or whatever, but...if they keep going like this, they'll cause irreparable damage. Hell, they've already damaged half of everything anyways. (They ruined the economy, ruined the Angelic Halo's status, ruined alchemy) But...I'll go down with the ship.
~King Awesome

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

LiaThistle
I want to sign, but there's a few things I see a bit better than most because I'm a software dev myself. Those, unsurprisingly, are the points that stop me from signing this.

I work in a company that has over 100 devs in the States, and I have no idea how many in Asia (we have 4 offices, plus at least a dozen people who work exclusively from home). We have one big product that has multiple millions of lines of code, in two languages, three frameworks, html, and JavaScript. Bugs happen all the time; the queue for bugs for the most recent version is around 50 items, and that's just things that used to work but for some reason don't now (usually because someone moved something to a different screen). It can take days or weeks to even find the problem, then more time to find out what was supposed to happen, and yet more time trying to figure out how to fix it. Once that's done, it can sit in QA for longer waiting for it to be tested.

Gaia has less than 10 devs, none of whom are the original ones. Bugs are going to happen, and they're trying to get to them, but be reasonable. If 100+ devs can't get rid of all of our bugs, how are 10 supposed to? Especially when they're having to handle thousands of account issues, internal issues, and the seasonal events? That's before we approach the QA side, where we don't know how many people there are.

It comes down to too many users asking the impossible of the devs, without realizing it.

It pains me, but because of that, I can't sign this.

I can, however, heart the thread.
that's completely understandable~ having written computer code, i definitely know bugs happen xd this is kinda from a compiled thing (and i don;t want alter anything at this point due to the fact people have already signed it), and I think the main complaint is when you have things like smashblox that are tested after they do contests or things like that xd If you want you can add some kinda statement and not sign it. I have separate places for both ^_^ and thanks for the <3

Magical Librarian

King Awesomolocity
added ^^

Magical Librarian

yeah, i dun envy the current dev's :/ between all the firing/ quitting and all the new changes going on @ gaia :/

Dedcadent Pants

drakokatze
that's completely understandable~ having written computer code, i definitely know bugs happen xd this is kinda from a compiled thing (and i don;t want alter anything at this point due to the fact people have already signed it), and I think the main complaint is when you have things like smashblox that are tested after they do contests or things like that xd If you want you can add some kinda statement and not sign it. I have separate places for both ^_^ and thanks for the <3

Yeah...though there's a joke at my office to that effect: "QA? Isn't that what user testing is?"

It's a little sad, but...too accurate.

King Awesomolocity

Yeah...learning to actually write code sheds a whole lot of light on how difficult it is to have a frickton of images, features, and capabilities and then have to maintain it.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
LiaThistle
drakokatze

Yeah...though there's a joke at my office to that effect: "QA? Isn't that what user testing is?"

King Awesomolocity

Yeah...learning to actually write code sheds a whole lot of light on how difficult it is to have a frickton of images, features, and capabilities and then have to maintain it.

Maintaining is a challenge. Let alone working on new features that integrate well without messing up other stuff. Lol.
I mean...Gaia's devs are straight up pros at what they do.
But...no matter how good you are...being stretched thin over too many projects... gonk
~King Awesome

Allied Pal

23,225 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hero 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username:Shamantra
Why do I love gaia:Mostly the people I've met, the Aquarium community, booty grab, cool items
Anything else you wanna say: I want so badly for the Aquarium community to stop being ignored, and treated like mushrooms. I've loved my tank since before booty grab, but have seen so many of my people leave gaia, or all but quit because of so much crap we've been dealt, starting with the big mistake that GAIA made with the dolphins.

Magical Librarian

LiaThistle

rofl xd pretty much ^^;; or the PEBKAC xd

shamantra
added ^^

Dedcadent Pants

drakokatze
LiaThistle

rofl xd pretty much ^^;; or the PEBKAC xd

There's that, too.
Of course, it's always "such fun" when the PEBKAC comes from QA. sweatdrop

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: x_Syrazel_x

OG Noob

16,575 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!

Username: Spinz96

Why do I love gaia: I love the idea of meeting new friends online with the same interest as you, and I love the fact that your able to do so much on Gaia (forums, zOMG, ect.)

Anything else you wanna say: The recent cash sales that have been going on has really put a bad view on Gaia. It all started out in the summer sale when they re-released the Halo, when they said they will never re-release an MC, hence thats why they are MCs...They tried to play it off by saying how there is only a low quantity, but thats the point! Its so rare that players should strive for it, but they shouldnt be able to technically get it by just paying. With the new admins of Gaia, they seem to be money hungry and only care about themselves instead of the rest of the Gaians, they'll screw with the people who helped them get to where they are now and will screw with the people who have been with them since 03'. Now they are just coming up with random things to try and make money off the Gaia cash sales, inflating the economy, and ignoring other things such as Aquarium and zOMG. Gaia's losing more players than it is gaining, and I can't wait until their plans to make money falls apart and they have to shut down the company.

Invisible Elder

23,025 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: YamiTyger
Why do I love gaia: I love Gaia because of all the amazing people I meet, on a near daily basis. A lot of people are more about caring for others, than pixels on the whole. And I've made a great many friends, that I call friends.
Anything else you wanna say: With all these rereleases and whatnot.....Im not finding it easier to come on here. C'mon Gaia, stop with the cash sales on a daily basis. You're sucking the life out of your group.

AdorkableLee's Compadre

Spoopy Krampus

INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Madame lee
Why do I love gaia: I have met many friends and have learned various ways to rp as well as to open up.
Anything else you wanna say: Just because people have found easier ways to get Gaia cash doesn't mean you can have sale after sale after sale. not all of us can drop life on a dime to go and buy pixels. Gaia should be about relaxing and having fun. not making people scream over and or kill people over getting fantasy rich.
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Elymnesis
Why do I love gaia: I have never found another community as loving, giving, warm, and open as crowd here on Gaia. My friends on Gaia have been with me through the lonely years of junior high when I had no other friends. They comforted me through my parent's difficult divorce. They have kept me from throwing away my life on more than one occasion just by their mere presence. Children have been born, friends and parents have died, there have been difficult breakups and joyful marriages. But they have always been there. Please don't take this away. This website has a heart and a soul. We are not just wallets to be milked. We are people who are eager to support and to love.
Anything else you wanna say: This is a lean time for everyone. And the age bracket this website is targeted at is one of the most hardest hit. In my area, the unemployment rate for ages 16-24 is more than 20%, and more than 40% for blacks of the same age. We understand. The money is tight. Believe me, we understand. But if your foundation is shaking, you need to consider building a smaller house. Don't just lay the burden on us. We respect this site immensely, and we want to feel respected in return.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff