Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thank you Drako, for your hard work to put this up in maintain it. I was thinking someone should. You put our requests quite elegantly. I'll spread the word.

Hallowed Genius

7,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Ecto Emeritus's Kouhai

Shy Sweetheart

18,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: A Deathly Affair (I have also gone more known by as Queen Kianra or Princess Kianra)
Why do I love gaia: I USED to love Gaia because it was a safe haven to make friends and have fun in my free time.... now I can't stand it.
Anything else you wanna say: Gaia is too money hungry, and they never work on actually FIXING the site I once loved..... I have been looking for another online community to join for two years now, to no avail. I am basically on a semi-hiatus on here these days. I'm sure my friends have all forgotten me too, seeing as they never hear from me.

Nerrar's Wife

Mewling Bunny

16,150 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Friendly 100
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Lolli-pop Psycho

Precious Treasure

6,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Dragon_of_Music

CoIdbird's Wife

Tiny Bunny

13,400 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Cinibunny
Why do I love gaia: Loved it not so much right now.....Avatars, community, art ect.
Anything else you wanna say: I miss the old gaia iv NEVER seen a game or site push so many cash items at you than right now its ridiculous.

Eloquent Enabler

INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: CyCyDark
Why do I love gaia: I am a lurker at heart. I won't deny that the main reason I visit Gaia as frequently as I do is mainly because the other 2 forum sites I used to visit have both shut down since I joined here. However, the reason I have stuck around for so long rather than simply find another site to visit is because I have made some great friends here and I also enjoy running my little art shop and drawing the unique outfits that Gaian Avatars can create. I also feel like I can't just up and leave any more, since I don't want these past few years of quests and investments to have all been in vain.

When GCash became readily available internationally, I eagerly bought some so I could feel like I was able to better support the community I had grown to love (bearing in mind I spend more than the listed price after going through the exchange rate from NZD to USD). However, I am now finding it difficult to continue supporting this site with GCash when it appears to be becoming more and more exploited as the months go by, what with the absurdly high price tags and ever increasing number of 'sales' coming out.

Anything else you wanna say:Honestly, I wouldn't mind the prices or the sales as much if they were handled more tactfully. If Gaia expects people to spend hundreds of dollars on virtual items, then the sales advertising those items should last longer than one weekend. That way more people have time to earn and gather the funds necessary to purchase the items directly, which would boost the overall profit Gaia makes from selling that item, no? I understand that having a short sale time can increase the sense of urgency surrounding it, prompting more impulse buys, but that tactic only works if the sales are spaced further apart, since the novelty starts to wear thin after a while.
Less is more, wouldn't you say?

Supreme Mage

19,775 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Albruna
Why do I love gaia:
Throughout the years I met many new friends on Gaia which have by now left but I am still in contact with them. Through these friends I met even more people which I now consider my closest 'online' friends. I was never awfully active on the forums but I did play zOMG! a lot and that was a really good time.

Anything else you wanna say:
I admit to liking pretty pixels but as of now it is getting out of hand. The last month has been showing a pretty greedy site of Gaia. I am part of Club Verge as a loyal customer in Gaias words - a cash cow to be milked further in my words and that is just a kick in the fact.
I can afford donating money to a website or a good cause simply because I want to support and help. But Gaia lately just makes me want to not spend any more money on them.

Greedy Dragon

41,675 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Eragoon

Ruthless Shapeshifter

INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Yorugami
Why do I love gaia:
Mainly the art community here. I learned how to draw and improve on Gaia and on the way I met some wonderful friends who have supported and chatted with me through the years. Some of my best memories were made on Gaia and I hope I would continue to do so. The Crosstitch Contest as well has been really kind to me. So I want Gaia to live another 100 years if that is even possible.

Anything else you wanna say:
Now to the crux of the problem: from what I hear and read from other members posting about Gaia. They don't stay on Gaia mainly to play games. They don't stay on Gaia just to dress up their avatars. They are on Gaia to be with a COMMUNITY! But being a part of that community means you can chat (ye olden but removed Meebo or Towns or forums) and while chatting you might feel like dressing up to impress (avatar) or when no one is online to entertain you, you skip on over to the games. So basically one is on Gaia for the community and everything else is added on perks with which Gaia lives on. (i.e. earns cash from)

So when Gaia is prioritizing all these perks WAY MORE than the COMMUNITY it should be bolstering. The average Gaian would wonder why they need to buy these items especially at ridiculous prices like 500-1000$ when there will soon be no one to show off their wealth to?--Because Gaia, with the aggressive sales push and badgering with cash you have been doing lately....a lot of people don't want to stay anymore. Many successful sites and companies make their mark by having non-obtrusive ways of earning cash.

Here are some words from one of the most successful CEOs in business lately the CEO of Amazon.com Jeff Bezos:

"If there’s one reason we have done better than of our peers in the Internet space over the last six years, it is because we have focused like a laser on customer experience, and that really does matter, I think, in any business. It certainly matters online, where word of mouth is so very, very powerful."

"If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful."

"We have so many customers who treat us so well, and we have the right kind of culture that obsesses over the customer."

"We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better."

"We watch our competitors, learn from them, see the things that they were doing for customers and copy those things as much as we can."

"You have to use your judgment. In cases like that, we say, ‘Let’s be simpleminded. We know this is a feature that’s good for customers. Let’s do it.’"

"I love people counting on me, and so, you know, today it’s so easy to be motivated, because we have millions of customers counting on us at Amazon.com. That’s fun."

"You can do the math 15 different ways, and every time the math tells you that you shouldn’t lower prices because you’re going to make less money. That’s undoubtedly true in the current quarter, in the current year. But it’s probably not true over a 10-year period, when the benefit is going to increase the frequency with which your customers shop with you, the fraction of their purchases they do with you as opposed to other places. Their overall satisfaction is going to go up."

"You know, if you make a customer unhappy they won't tell five friends, they'll tell 5,000 friends. So we are at a point now where we have all of the things we need to build an important and lasting company, and if we don't, it will be shame on us."

"If you think about the long term then you can really make good life decisions that you won’t regret later."

Please Gaia.
We love you.
Don't force us to leave for better pastures.
We really don't want to. : /
But we will if the environs of Gaia become so hostile
that the user experience is just not worth it anymore.

Dapper Exhibitionist

INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Fatallity
Why do I love gaia: ******** Nostalgia. I love what Gaia used to be. What it was before the Cash shop. Now... I'm only here to RP. I don't give a s**t about anything else on the site. And that's what makes me sad.

Fluffy Kitten

14,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Conversationalist 100
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Metal Kumo
Why do I love gaia: i love gaia for the company of all the great people i meet on here. i also love gaia for being able to express my creativity through avatars.
Anything else you wanna say: it's very sad what has been happening lately on this site. it's been nice to be around to see the changes gaia has made over the years but the changes it has made this year has impacted it a lot and not in a good way sadly.

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: TH3_G1ITCH_
Why do I love gaia: I've made a few friends, but they're all very precious to me!
I enjoy coming online to chat with them, and others!
I enjoy zOMG, and am truly grateful of when DMS came out for the players who had beat the game.
That game me hope that it hadn't been forgotten.
I also enjoy creating these avatars and admiring the items that are brought out.
In short: It's a fun place to be!

Anything else you wanna say: Please don't become like what TinierMe had utimatly become.

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

LiaThistle
There's that, too.
Of course, it's always "such fun" when the PEBKAC comes from QA. sweatdrop
rofl xd bound to happen sometimes, though ;p

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

x_Syrazel_x

Spinz96

YamiTyger

Madame Lee