Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you be participating? What's the plan?

Yes, I will be taking photos for the mini tasks and entering the main competition 0.19444444444444 19.4% [ 14 ]
Yes, I will be taking photos for the mini tasks but I am not sure about joining the main competition 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 12 ]
No, this is dumb 0.15277777777778 15.3% [ 11 ]
I am/would like to be a judge/organizer 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 6 ]
Poll Whore 0.40277777777778 40.3% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 26 27 > >>

Hey everyone, I thought I would stop by to introduce myself!
I am Alyx and I will be one of the judges for SYTYCM.

I am a graphic design graduate who has also had some photography experience but am completely new to this Gaia thing but seems to be pretty easy once you get into it!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Everyone, please welcome Alyx! The front page's judges section has been updated with her's and my bios.

Also, please be sure to re-read the first post. I have added a disclaimer about the legalities of this contest.

Representatives from My Gaia Magazine and Gaia Radio have contacted me about featuring this competition in their upcoming coverage. The magazine has requested full and exclusive rights to the images posted here, but I didn't want to do that without consulting you all first and I can't give exclusive rights to anyone anyway. Please be aware of your rights as models and who owns the photos you submit as I don't want anyone here getting sued or anything, though I doubt that will be a problem. If the magazine and radio want to publish specific photos, I intend to request that they ask permission from the model directly for use of the image.

How does that all sound?

Durem Raider

8,200 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Tycoon 200
kill3rsushi
Everyone, please welcome Alyx! The front page's judges section has been updated with her's and my bios.

Also, please be sure to re-read the first post. I have added a disclaimer about the legalities of this contest.

Representatives from My Gaia Magazine and Gaia Radio have contacted me about featuring this competition in their upcoming coverage. The magazine has requested full and exclusive rights to the images posted here, but I didn't want to do that without consulting you all first and I can't give exclusive rights to anyone anyway. Please be aware of your rights as models and who owns the photos you submit as I don't want anyone here getting sued or anything, though I doubt that will be a problem. If the magazine and radio want to publish specific photos, I intend to request that they ask permission from the model directly for use of the image.

How does that all sound?

I think the idea of asking them to get permission from each model directly is the best way to go about things.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Kiara_Kamlyn
kill3rsushi

How does that all sound?

I think the idea of asking them to get permission from each model directly is the best way to go about things.
I agree.

I actually talked with them a bit about it and it turns out I miss understood a bit. They don't want exclusive use of the content, perse, but they would like to be the primary coverage for our competition, meaning that if other magazine/radio guilds approached us about wanting to cover the contest, we shouldn't give them exclusive interviews or photos and that makes a lot of sense to me.

Hopefully a rep from one or both of them will be stopping by to talk more about it, but it sounds like they'd promote the contest as it gets running and once it's up, they would cover updates on the tasks and follow stories regarding eliminations. I'd probably do some podcasting with the radio people and they are open to having contestants and judges participate in those too, which furthers my idea of direct communication between judges and contestants to create a stronger bond of trust.

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hey, everyone. The name is Twilight Afternoon and I'm the co-director of Gaia Radio and as well as the Representative of My Gaia Magazine. Its nice to meet all of you and can not wait to see and hear all of your faces. XD

Dapper Dabbler

Okay so I'm totally doing that prelim now with my friend! smile

That video got me way too excited (him too). Sooo apparently here we go again!

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
lurk-lurk-lurk

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here. sweatdrop
Don't know if everyone remembers me, but I remember a lot of you from my previous competitions, Make Me A Gaia Supermodel. I took a large break from Gaia, but Sushi's competition perked my interest enough to bring me back on.

If I can get my weight under control (and find my camera sweatdrop ), you might see me competing in this in October. However, either way, I'll be lurking, and wish everyone the best of luck!

And Sushi, I love the video idea. Totally wish I could judge in this!

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
MakikoStars

I actual remember that competition it was one of the few I tried to enter but failed and stuck around to see how it develop.
I'm happy to have my pictures published anywhere (though I'll need to speak to the photographer I might have on board about this) so long as me and my photographer are credited with the images. As for exclusivity, I like my pictures to open for both me and my photographer's portfolio use and any other use me want without restrictions. But it doesn't sound like the magazine will be trying to restrict what we can use our images for, they just want first dibs to show them off, right?

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
dizziedobsession
Okay so I'm totally doing that prelim now with my friend! smile

That video got me way too excited (him too). Sooo apparently here we go again!
Oh awesome!

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Twilight Afternoon
Hey, everyone. The name is Twilight Afternoon and I'm the co-director of Gaia Radio and as well as the Representative of My Gaia Magazine. Its nice to meet all of you and can not wait to see and hear all of your faces. XD
She is also the mastermind behind our new header image! I really love having so many creative people involved with this project!

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
MakikoStars
lurk-lurk-lurk

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here. sweatdrop
Don't know if everyone remembers me, but I remember a lot of you from my previous competitions, Make Me A Gaia Supermodel. I took a large break from Gaia, but Sushi's competition perked my interest enough to bring me back on.

If I can get my weight under control (and find my camera sweatdrop ), you might see me competing in this in October. However, either way, I'll be lurking, and wish everyone the best of luck!

And Sushi, I love the video idea. Totally wish I could judge in this!
Weight shmeight. But whatever makes you comfortable. I am happy to have you however I can, and I also wish you could judge for me... it is just too counter to the vision my dad and I agreed upon last year >.<;;

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
--FRuSTRaTeD eXPReSSioN--
I'm happy to have my pictures published anywhere (though I'll need to speak to the photographer I might have on board about this) so long as me and my photographer are credited with the images. As for exclusivity, I like my pictures to open for both me and my photographer's portfolio use and any other use me want without restrictions. But it doesn't sound like the magazine will be trying to restrict what we can use our images for, they just want first dibs to show them off, right?
Yeah, I am gonna ask that contestants credit the photographers for their submissions, that way we know the level of the person/people behind the camera too. And also, it means, if you took the shots yourself, you get difficulty points. But it makes sense that for this magazine's purposes the images are cited too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff