Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you be participating? What's the plan?

Yes, I will be taking photos for the mini tasks and entering the main competition 0.19444444444444 19.4% [ 14 ]
Yes, I will be taking photos for the mini tasks but I am not sure about joining the main competition 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 12 ]
No, this is dumb 0.15277777777778 15.3% [ 11 ]
I am/would like to be a judge/organizer 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 6 ]
Poll Whore 0.40277777777778 40.3% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 26 27 > >>

7,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Hug me, until you drug me honey.
Kiss me, until I'm in a coma...

Sushi
I'm going to try something with my timer as well...maybe submit a couple from both.
Especially since I'm going to be working with an MUA for the maternity shoot...I think I should try to come up with my own makeup color blast. biggrin

Hug me, honey, snuggly bunny
Love's as good as soma...

Durem Raider

8,200 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Tycoon 200
I can't wait to get back home and do this task! Flying back to California on Sunday, so I'll defiantly have time once I get back. I think I know just the color to use for the POP. <3
kill3rsushi
--FRuSTRaTeD eXPReSSioN--
kill3rsushi
OMGsh Sushi is dressed as me in February in the video, hahaa. My hair has grown out a tiny bit and is a darker red now though. I would have kept it brighter if I thought my hair could take the sustained bleach damage sweatdrop
That's why I do it by wig ~_^

Look, lol (Not wig >.< wink :

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
WOW, it really makes your eyes pop! Mine are a similar hazel-green and I have been contemplating going cotton-candy pink too... I'm inspired by your color, maybe it's about time!

And the new photos are great!

Caveat though: I just got rejected from a modelling agency here, and I think it's because of the colour. This is all that was in the email I got last night:

"Thnx for your new updated pics Gabrielle, unfortunately your look isn't marketable enough for the CHCH industry, thnx Portfolio".

I'm gunna send them new pictures again when my hair goes back to a more 'normal' style. But that will be when I feel like it.

It's really annoying how in places like NZ where the biggest market is commercial only, so if all the models don't look exactly the same they get scared. And I really have a hard time looking the same as everyone else.

I already knew that I didn't look the same as the other models on their books when I applied, so figured this would be the outcome, that's just their game. But I had my fingers crossed that there was a possibility they might think, "We'll take her because she doesn't look like anyone we've got so far". At least, that's how I would try and run a business like that, by having a diverse range of models. Oh well.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Woah! Its HiddenBeauty

Sushi
I'm going to try something with my timer as well...maybe submit a couple from both.
Especially since I'm going to be working with an MUA for the maternity shoot...I think I should try to come up with my own makeup color blast. biggrin

It's good practice in case you can't find a regular photog... I am probably gonna take mine with self-timer too.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Kiara_Kamlyn
I can't wait to get back home and do this task! Flying back to California on Sunday, so I'll defiantly have time once I get back. I think I know just the color to use for the POP. <3
Schweeeeeet! I figured use of color would be someone's thing besides mine ~_^

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
kill3rsushi
kill3rsushi
OMGsh Sushi is dressed as me in February in the video, hahaa. My hair has grown out a tiny bit and is a darker red now though. I would have kept it brighter if I thought my hair could take the sustained bleach damage sweatdrop

WOW, it really makes your eyes pop! Mine are a similar hazel-green and I have been contemplating going cotton-candy pink too... I'm inspired by your color, maybe it's about time!

Caveat though: I just got rejected from a modelling agency here, and I think it's because of the colour. This is all that was in the email I got last night:

"Thnx for your new updated pics Gabrielle, unfortunately your look isn't marketable enough for the CHCH industry, thnx Portfolio".

I'm gunna send them new pictures again when my hair goes back to a more 'normal' style. But that will be when I feel like it.

It's really annoying how in places like NZ where the biggest market is commercial only, so if all the models don't look exactly the same they get scared. And I really have a hard time looking the same as everyone else.

I already knew that I didn't look the same as the other models on their books when I applied, so figured this would be the outcome, that's just their game. But I had my fingers crossed that there was a possibility they might think, "We'll take her because she doesn't look like anyone we've got so far". At least, that's how I would try and run a business like that, by having a diverse range of models. Oh well.
That's a good point, but I am not working with agencies because I am too "plus" for them anyway (though I have never tried getting an agency, maybe it's worth my time?) But in San Francisco, the photogs that hire me tend to like my wacky hair and encourage me to bring wigs on every shoot. When I use my natural hair, it is never a big part of the set (usually pulled back into a messy bun for n***s or left down with no styling) and I started my paid gigs back when I had green in my hair, so who knows. I have a friend named Raven La Fey (who I am trying to get to judge) whose trademark is bright pink hair and she gets lots of work. Then again, she's basically the most exceptionally talented pro-model I know.
kill3rsushi
kill3rsushi
kill3rsushi

That's a good point, but I am not working with agencies because I am too "plus" for them anyway (though I have never tried getting an agency, maybe it's worth my time?) But in San Francisco, the photogs that hire me tend to like my wacky hair and encourage me to bring wigs on every shoot. When I use my natural hair, it is never a big part of the set (usually pulled back into a messy bun for n***s or left down with no styling) and I started my paid gigs back when I had green in my hair, so who knows. I have a friend named Raven La Fey (who I am trying to get to judge) whose trademark is bright pink hair and she gets lots of work. Then again, she's basically the most exceptionally talented pro-model I know.

I think if I moved to a bigger city like Auckland or Sydney it wouldn't be as much of a problem, like it's not that much of a problem for you in the states. But Chch is sort of known as a 'conservative city'. Despite that there is also a large population of colourful characters living here. I find it strange actually that it's so 'conservative'. Once rebuild starts I think the city is really going to change though. And change is pretty much the opposite of being conservative.
kill3rsushi
Rise_Up-Rock_Climber
Sushi that was a great video. What a clever concept; I think the videos will really help the constants get to know you and therefore they will be more likely to trust and value your opinion.
Thanks! I am glad you think so! I was worried someone would see it as an ego trip, but it's really all about communication of ideas and promotion of an inclusive community instead of one filled with drama.
I absolutely got that out of the video too. I did not see an ego trip, I saw somebody who was trying to help the contestants understand what was going on.
kill3rsushi
Post_Mule
Woah! Its HiddenBeauty
kill3rsushi
Woah! Its HiddenBeauty
Well thank you, I am all for supporting other people and competitions.

I'm trying to decide if I should compete, or ask to be a judge...
I miss competing but it might get a little difficult with a new baby.

Girl, you know I love you and respect you as a model, but I can't do that... The whole point is to bring new, outside perspective of people who haven't been in/seen these things happen before. You're too well known and connected in these circles, so although you'd be an amazing judge, I can't do that if I want to be fair and true to my mission...

There's another comp that is just starting up looking for judges though, so if you're in it to judge, maybe try that? OR, if you just wanna participate, stick around here and get some awesome maternity shots through the mini-tasks and then once it starts up, see if you can afford the time and energy for the commitment. I'd love to see you compete again, you're a star.

Hehe I understand.
I might force myself to commit to competing. I'm going to have to get back in touch with the self timer or try to force the hubby to shoot. (chances are it'll be self timer all the way! lmao)

If I may interject - if not please feel free to delete - I am currently looking for judges and models. So if you are interested please feel free to follow the link in my signature and it will take you to my thread so that you can apply to which ever position you prefer.
Not at all, your's was the competition I was referring to. =) I know a couple people are interested in trying for both competitions, and seeing as how mine isn't due to start for another couple of months, I think that's just fine. I'd like it if we can support each other.

7,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

I need to get busy and try marketing down in San Fran...it's only an hour south of me.

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
yum_tea Bump

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Sorry I haven't been on for a bit guys, I got midterms this week. Yuck... They'll be done on the 4th of June though @_@;;

Dapper Lover

I've never done anything like this before... It sounds cool... Eh, what the heck.. It's summer, I'm free pretty much everyday. Count me in? mrgreen Errm.. If you guys are still accepting and whatnot.. 3nodding

Dapper Dabbler

xDanie Bearx
I've never done anything like this before... It sounds cool... Eh, what the heck.. It's summer, I'm free pretty much everyday. Count me in? mrgreen Errm.. If you guys are still accepting and whatnot.. 3nodding

Basically right now, it's just all for practice and is meant to be fun. :]
The actual competition that we're practicing for won't start until around October.
Of course you're encouraged to hang around until then! (Like a lot of us are).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff