Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you be participating? What's the plan?

Yes, I will be taking photos for the mini tasks and entering the main competition 0.19444444444444 19.4% [ 14 ]
Yes, I will be taking photos for the mini tasks but I am not sure about joining the main competition 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 12 ]
No, this is dumb 0.15277777777778 15.3% [ 11 ]
I am/would like to be a judge/organizer 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 6 ]
Poll Whore 0.40277777777778 40.3% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26 27 > >>

Questionable Genius

14,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi

Sorry it's not a .gif; I need my laptop to be repaired before I can do them again.

User Image

Anyway, does it need any changes?
FFFFF it's beautiful ;_; I am so bad at this stuff! Thank you so much, I will put it up right away!

Aw, it's no problem., I keep a spare 200X40 canvas laying around, so really, it was just a matter of choosing a font. I thought that the one I chose was sort of old-elegance. Anyway, glad you like it and I think it's a good idea to put it on your PB, since you never know what may happen with someone else's.

So, is it all right if I try out for this? Just as a disclaimer-type thing: I am trying out for the new one, Photo Finish, and though I think yours will likely be better orchestrated, I did sign up for that one first. Also, I like to help ones just getting started. (By the way, if that came across as me being a snob, I apologize sincerely. I just can't think of a better way to say what I mean.)

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi

Sorry it's not a .gif; I need my laptop to be repaired before I can do them again.

User Image

FFFFF it's beautiful ;_; I am so bad at this stuff! Thank you so much, I will put it up right away!

Aw, it's no problem., I keep a spare 200X40 canvas laying around, so really, it was just a matter of choosing a font. I thought that the one I chose was sort of old-elegance. Anyway, glad you like it and I think it's a good idea to put it on your PB, since you never know what may happen with someone else's.

So, is it all right if I try out for this? Just as a disclaimer-type thing: I am trying out for the new one, Photo Finish, and though I think yours will likely be better orchestrated, I did sign up for that one first. Also, I like to help ones just getting started. (By the way, if that came across as me being a snob, I apologize sincerely. I just can't think of a better way to say what I mean.)
Oh no! It's totally fine. The only issue would be time constraints. I was once competing in two contests and judging one all at once, and I managed it, so I think you can do it. For now, this one doesn't require a commitment and is just for fun. Once things gear up here, you'll have to see how you manage. If it's too much, you'll have to make a tough decision, but I hope it won't come to that and I believe you can make it work =)

Questionable Genius

14,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi

User Image

Oh no! It's totally fine. The only issue would be time constraints. I was once competing in two contests and judging one all at once, and I managed it, so I think you can do it. For now, this one doesn't require a commitment and is just for fun. Once things gear up here, you'll have to see how you manage. If it's too much, you'll have to make a tough decision, but I hope it won't come to that and I believe you can make it work =)

Well, I've been thinking about that (time issues), and I figure it's pretty likely that at least one challenge from that comp will fall within the judging week in this one, which would be great. And thanks for the confidence in me!
Omg this thread is so exciting!
I love the video concept.

I think October is an alright time for me, because I'm picking two test majors for the second half of this year. Photography is almost certainly going to be one of my majors, so hopefully I'll have classmates that can help me out then.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi

User Image

Well, I've been thinking about that (time issues), and I figure it's pretty likely that at least one challenge from that comp will fall within the judging week in this one, which would be great. And thanks for the confidence in me!
Of course! I've seen you work under pressure before, and honestly... there's a bit of self interest in this too. I REALLY want you to compete in my contest... just to see how much more you can grow since your time at GNTM9 got cut short due to circumstances.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
--FRuSTRaTeD eXPReSSioN--
Omg this thread is so exciting!
I love the video concept.

I think October is an alright time for me, because I'm picking two test majors for the second half of this year. Photography is almost certainly going to be one of my majors, so hopefully I'll have classmates that can help me out then.
heart heart heart

I am excited that you are excited!

Also, late September or early October was basically when I was planning on starting this dingy, unless the response was so HUGE that I had to push that up to July or August, which I honestly doubt. Plus, I can't start until I have all the prizes lined up. (And also, I will still be in Japan and am moving once I get back, I don't want to pull an NM or Duchess and disappear for long periods of time due to real life conflicts...)

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
So, due to the great responses, I made an executive decision and picked the first mini task. I recorded a video which is uploading now, so hopefully those of you who are on/around can start planning! It'll be up within the hour heart

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
The video is up! Please be gentle, I am not used to this kind of thing and I KNOW it sounds/looks dumb. I just want to use these as practice so by the time the real deal comes along, I can sound more like Tyra Banks and less like a vlogger.

Questionable Genius

14,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi

Of course! I've seen you work under pressure before, and honestly... there's a bit of self interest in this too. I REALLY want you to compete in my contest... just to see how much more you can grow since your time at GNTM9 got cut short due to circumstances.

Well, that's incredibly flattering! And yeah, I have worked under pressure, like in Pocket's comp when I was competing and was also photographer for two others!
Speaking of that comp, I may try and talk TomSawyer into trying out.

Also, I logged on just to say that I love this task! And I really enjoyed the video. I don't remember which, but one part actually made me chuckle aloud.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi

Well, that's incredibly flattering! And yeah, I have worked under pressure, like in Pocket's comp when I was competing and was also photographer for two others!
Speaking of that comp, I may try and talk TomSawyer into trying out.

Also, I logged on just to say that I love this task! And I really enjoyed the video. I don't remember which, but one part actually made me chuckle aloud.
Well, I'm glad you think so. I am kinda wanting to crawl into a hole because of it though, hahaha. I am OK in character like with my webisodes, but those are more anonymous too. This is soooo out of my comfort zone.

And yes! Invite more friends! There's a scoring for "difficulty" for every real task too, so if you have to use a self-timer or take someone's pics AND model for your own, and you let us know, we weight that into your score.
kill3rsushi
The video is up! Please be gentle, I am not used to this kind of thing and I KNOW it sounds/looks dumb. I just want to use these as practice so by the time the real deal comes along, I can sound more like Tyra Banks and less like a vlogger.

Actually I think you sound really good, and know how to present yourself, I really liked the video!
And you're one of the few people I know who can look good in purple lipstick ^^

As for the judging videos, I agree, it will be better for the contestants, and you'll be able to express yourself and explain better. (it's just results that are nerve wracking, I always got so stressed when it was time to see them ^^)

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Mirialia86
kill3rsushi

Actually I think you sound really good, and know how to present yourself, I really liked the video!
And you're one of the few people I know who can look good in purple lipstick ^^

As for the judging videos, I agree, it will be better for the contestants, and you'll be able to express yourself and explain better. (it's just results that are nerve wracking, I always got so stressed when it was time to see them ^^)
Well, the judging will be mostly given by text as before, since it'd be too hard to coordinate otherwise. BUT! With the results videos, there will be reminders of critiques and whatnot. Also, since I know these judges personally and we live in the same general area, it doesn't seem out of reach to make a video with them every once in a while...

And thank you. I am very self conscious since this isn't in my comfort zone. And I love my purple lipstick... I got orange and green too, I really want to use them in some shoots in the future.

Rainbow Exhibitionist

9,200 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Clambake 200
Huh, starting this up again? I'll have to talk to my photographer and see if we can get involved. =]
dark eclipse
Huh, starting this up again? I'll have to talk to my photographer and see if we can get involved. =]

That would awesome! biggrin
(Not so long ago I stumbled upon your photo from the movie challenge, where you were portraying the girl from Zombieland, I didn't remember I had photos from the contestants I was judging on my computer ^^)

I wonder which other previous contestants will come back? (-:

kill3rsushi
Well, the judging will be mostly given by text as before, since it'd be too hard to coordinate otherwise. BUT! With the results videos, there will be reminders of critiques and whatnot. Also, since I know these judges personally and we live in the same general area, it doesn't seem out of reach to make a video with them every once in a while...

And thank you. I am very self conscious since this isn't in my comfort zone. And I love my purple lipstick... I got orange and green too, I really want to use them in some shoots in the future.

Ok, I wasn't sure if you were doing the written critics before. You've got everything well planned, for sure! (-:

You're welcome! ^^
Orange and green lipstick too? Sounds fun! (Green makes me think of Poison Ivy)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff