Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you be participating? What's the plan?

Yes, I will be taking photos for the mini tasks and entering the main competition 0.19444444444444 19.4% [ 14 ]
Yes, I will be taking photos for the mini tasks but I am not sure about joining the main competition 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 12 ]
No, this is dumb 0.15277777777778 15.3% [ 11 ]
I am/would like to be a judge/organizer 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 6 ]
Poll Whore 0.40277777777778 40.3% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26 27 > >>

Dapper Dabbler

Exciting! A new phase of gaian modeling! wink

I may have to join in the prelim challenges just for old time sake. I've been wanting to do a shoot for fun anyway. If only I weren't so easily discouraged *sigh*.
dizziedobsession

I may have to join in the prelim challenges just for old time sake. I've been wanting to do a shoot for fun anyway. If only I weren't so easily discouraged *sigh*.

Well, you have to try! ^^
And it seems that the judges will try to give constructiv criticm, and not comment harshly on the way you look, so that's great. We've seen enough people getting criticism based on their looks/figure, it was just mean...

Dapper Dabbler

Mirialia86
dizziedobsession

And it seems that the judges will try to give constructiv criticm, and not comment harshly on the way you look, so that's great. We've seen enough people getting criticism based on their looks/figure, it was just mean...

Hahahaha I know. The thing is, I only do it for fun. I don't take it as seriously as everyone else so I don't feel like I belong around too much anymore. And after a while, getting the same kind of comments (even though some were constructive, others were not) just gets discouraging. I'm not good about receiving bad feedback and having it fuel me to do better. If I get shitty feedback, I don't care to try anymore. So like I said, it's not really the place for me but to do for fun.

Dapper Lover

8,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
AttackAllAround

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I like your panda 4laugh

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Looks neat sushi I have not done this in a while but I will think about it.

7,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Hug me, until you drug me honey.
Kiss me, until I'm in a coma...

I'm trying to decide if I should compete, or ask to be a judge...
I miss competing but it might get a little difficult with a new baby.

Hug me, honey, snuggly bunny
Love's as good as soma...

Questionable Genius

14,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
kill3rsushi

Sorry it's not a .gif; I need my laptop to be repaired before I can do them again.

User Image

Anyway, does it need any changes?

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Mirialia86
Love your concept Sushi! I really like that you plan on doing videos to explain the tasks and all, the ones for the results... I think will be nerve wracking especially for the contestants ^^ but a cool concept still! And the fact that there are no "weekly" eliminations is great too, it'll help people really improve.
And I think it's great you'll do the challenges too, after all, you're the one who inspired so many of us to start modelling here, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses your photos (-:

I've suscribed to the thread, but as my finals start next week, I'll just be watching for some time. Can't wait to see these warm-up challenges! biggrin
Well, yes. But the thing is, I think it's easy to forget that there are real people judging you and that they might really be rooting for you even if you fail. To me, having to do the eliminations verbally is gonna give me the chance to talk directly to each contestant and try not to let them leave with a bad taste in their mouth.

And yeah, I really wanna do the challenges. I hope I can find a regular photographer or a couple people willing to help instead of my dad.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
AttackAllAround
lots of people to hit on here B)
Uuuhhhhh as long as you don't make anyone uncomfortable...?

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
dizziedobsession
Mirialia86
dizziedobsession

Hahahaha I know. The thing is, I only do it for fun. I don't take it as seriously as everyone else so I don't feel like I belong around too much anymore. And after a while, getting the same kind of comments (even though some were constructive, others were not) just gets discouraging. I'm not good about receiving bad feedback and having it fuel me to do better. If I get shitty feedback, I don't care to try anymore. So like I said, it's not really the place for me but to do for fun.
Well then, even if you don't end up going for the actual competition, I really encourage you to keep trying the tasks in this thread. It's good practice and fun but without the pressure. The idea is to be supportive and help eachother improve, all while getting ready for the big time.

I know I take this more seriously than anyone else I know here. But that's because it literally gave me what I needed to become a paid model. Now I make $75~$120 per hour on modeling jobs and this never would've been possible if I hadn't been forced to be so creative and versatile since that's my selling point as a full-figured model. You may not want to do this for your life, but it can still boost you up if you don't let it bring you down (and my judges are NOT like the ones in previous contests, they really do just want to see everyone improve.)

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Rise_Up-Rock_Climber
Looks neat sushi I have not done this in a while but I will think about it.
Sure beans! I'm glad you're considering it, even if you just do the preliminary tasks.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Woah! Its HiddenBeauty
Hug me, until you drug me honey.
Kiss me, until I'm in a coma...

I'm trying to decide if I should compete, or ask to be a judge...
I miss competing but it might get a little difficult with a new baby.

Hug me, honey, snuggly bunny
Love's as good as soma...
Girl, you know I love you and respect you as a model, but I can't do that... The whole point is to bring new, outside perspective of people who haven't been in/seen these things happen before. You're too well known and connected in these circles, so although you'd be an amazing judge, I can't do that if I want to be fair and true to my mission...

There's another comp that is just starting up looking for judges though, so if you're in it to judge, maybe try that? OR, if you just wanna participate, stick around here and get some awesome maternity shots through the mini-tasks and then once it starts up, see if you can afford the time and energy for the commitment. I'd love to see you compete again, you're a star.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
chirpysmom
kill3rsushi

Sorry it's not a .gif; I need my laptop to be repaired before I can do them again.

User Image

Anyway, does it need any changes?
FFFFF it's beautiful ;_; I am so bad at this stuff! Thank you so much, I will put it up right away!

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image
YESSS IT LIVES!

I hope you don't mind that I copied and hosted it on my own photobucket, Chripy, I just wanted to have all my ducks in a row.

7,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Alright! To generate more attention, we now have a banner made by Chirpy! go check out the front page to see it and feel free to put it in your sig. Let's get this thing jumping by the time the first mini-task comes out!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff