Welcome to Gaia! ::

For the avatar -- please make sure there is no background.

Send it in image form. 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 2 ]
If it's possible, please have the bg transparent, Dress-Up size image. 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 2 ]
I'm not drawing anything, I'm literally slapping all the avis together~ 0.19444444444444 19.4% [ 7 ]
Sooo just send the avi :> 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 4 ]
FROM EVERYONE WHO COMPLETED 50+ DAYS!!! 0.58333333333333 58.3% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 434 435 436 > >> >>> »|

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
Day 06/100 - Notre Dame (sans ash)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shadowy Member

12,425 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Leithern
Hypnotic X
Leithern
Hypnotic X
emotion_ghost Day #1 emotion_ghost
Theme: Meet the Artist [Artist Card]

Comments: Considering ive done this challenge a few times now, ive never actually done an artist card so thought i'd finally give a shot since i finally got a pen for digital at christmas! ^o^

Woot! Welcome to the digital world, friend! I see a lot of improvement over last year, even just in this one piece! Well done~

Thank you, that means a lot! I've been doing little digital bits over the last few years but that's been with just my fingers on phone or colouring my sketches. Now I'm actually using a lot more and focus on properly, pen is amazing and so helpful. I still did traditional sketch for this one then lined and colour added more lines for this digital, figuring out layers and pens slowly...

You'll get there! Yes, the stylus is a godsend, isn't it?
What program are you using? Let me know if you need any help or tips!

Yeah, I'm trying to go more partial realism now as well so my style is going a bit all over..
I'm using medibang on my phone at moment, any tips are appreciated!

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
WraythRose Darkthorn
True Karma
WraythRose Darkthorn
True Karma
WraythRose Darkthorn
True Karma

Oh I know I can find something in the US... but I would much rather live in Africa then Arizona... no shade on AZ but... it's not for me. These states in the dry areas are really politically charged in a way that... wouldn't be safe for my gay little butt.

Is it only your butt that is gay? That sounds...awkwardly inconvenient ninja

I've personally never been to africa but isn't it (or big chunks of it) in general known to be far more unsafe for gay people? hmmm, go to south europe/Mediterranean area? I just want to be able to migrate like a bird to warmer places just in the moment of non-snow coldness. (if it snowed, I would stay!) But noooo, rainy damp chilly Ireland rolleyes On the other hand it can be quite mild here if you're getting -5 or more in winter lol

depends on the person XD
I haven't been either, I've done a lot of non-profit work for there and have some friends who live there (clearly since I do the non-profit... ) but I never got to go. Well Africa is a big place but the place in Africa I was thinking of ins't good for the gay. I have a friend in Scotland I could go live with but it ahhh isn't warm.

well...they got a bit of a heat wave briefly in the summer lol
really old billy connolly stand up.

"The Scots were an Irish tribe! A lot of people don't know that. Yeah! A kind of mentally ill Irish tribe. The chief said, "C'mon lads! I know an even RAINIER place!"

Haha "this place is great but where can I get ... more rain" My friend use to send me photos outside of him in the summer and it was still rainy. I told him I'm not big on gloomy clouds and that's when he realized I was never going to marry him and move to Scotland.... ^^;

well that escalated quickly lol

well 2-3 days ago we got rain, downpour of rain, sleet, (hail in the town over), almost gale force winds, thunder & lightning, then sunshine.... Normally we don't get all the season's of the year's weather in one day, but sometimes we do... rolleyes (Ireland)

We got all seasons in one month last April.. Rain some days, warm and sunny on others, cool with a crisp breeze... and then in the middle of the month we got snow.
Also, it was summer heat all the way through to the end of October... and then we keep on getting springlike weather from November to now... Then cold snaps. Cold to warm to cold to warm... Yesterday it was like, 70 and sunny. Today it's 39 and raining.
North Carolina, bby, what is u doin'?

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Hypnotic X
Leithern
Hypnotic X
Leithern
Hypnotic X

Comments: Considering ive done this challenge a few times now, ive never actually done an artist card so thought i'd finally give a shot since i finally got a pen for digital at christmas! ^o^

Woot! Welcome to the digital world, friend! I see a lot of improvement over last year, even just in this one piece! Well done~

Thank you, that means a lot! I've been doing little digital bits over the last few years but that's been with just my fingers on phone or colouring my sketches. Now I'm actually using a lot more and focus on properly, pen is amazing and so helpful. I still did traditional sketch for this one then lined and colour added more lines for this digital, figuring out layers and pens slowly...

Yeah, I'm trying to go more partial realism now as well so my style is going a bit all over..

Ah, I don't have Medibang currently.. I think Sayuu uses that, though, as well as a few others!
A good way to work with realism is the grid method -- you lay a grid on top of the image you are referencing, and then put the same grid on a blank canvas. Then, you draw what's in each square. It can also be helpful to trace a sort of guideline along the original photo, too, so you can more easily see where the lines connect at the edges of each square. Eventually you can do it confidently without a grid.
Layers are awesome, and I use them pretty liberally! But it's hard to describe how exactly I use them, lol. Chii might have a better explanation, as I think she does layers even more liberally than I do.

Kawaii Otaku

emotion_ghost Day #6 emotion_ghost
Theme:Gijinka

User Image

Comments:Chandelure

Shadowy Member

12,425 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Leithern
Hypnotic X
Leithern
Hypnotic X
Leithern
Hypnotic X

Ah, I don't have Medibang currently.. I think Sayuu uses that, though, as well as a few others!
A good way to work with realism is the grid method -- you lay a grid on top of the image you are referencing, and then put the same grid on a blank canvas. Then, you draw what's in each square. It can also be helpful to trace a sort of guideline along the original photo, too, so you can more easily see where the lines connect at the edges of each square. Eventually you can do it confidently without a grid.
Layers are awesome, and I use them pretty liberally! But it's hard to describe how exactly I use them, lol. Chii might have a better explanation, as I think she does layers even more liberally than I do.

Oh sweet! I have been using a lot more real pose references and such from shows, but hadn't thought of that so thank you! That will be great help and yeah layers I've got basic idea of, but I'm still need to get used to them and learn more... I accidentally did on wrong layer a couple times at start which was painful to restart xxx Thank you for all the help!

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

WraythRose Darkthorn
True Karma
WraythRose Darkthorn
True Karma
WraythRose Darkthorn
True Karma

Oh I know I can find something in the US... but I would much rather live in Africa then Arizona... no shade on AZ but... it's not for me. These states in the dry areas are really politically charged in a way that... wouldn't be safe for my gay little butt.

Is it only your butt that is gay? That sounds...awkwardly inconvenient ninja

I've personally never been to africa but isn't it (or big chunks of it) in general known to be far more unsafe for gay people? hmmm, go to south europe/Mediterranean area? I just want to be able to migrate like a bird to warmer places just in the moment of non-snow coldness. (if it snowed, I would stay!) But noooo, rainy damp chilly Ireland rolleyes On the other hand it can be quite mild here if you're getting -5 or more in winter lol

depends on the person XD
I haven't been either, I've done a lot of non-profit work for there and have some friends who live there (clearly since I do the non-profit... ) but I never got to go. Well Africa is a big place but the place in Africa I was thinking of ins't good for the gay. I have a friend in Scotland I could go live with but it ahhh isn't warm.

well...they got a bit of a heat wave briefly in the summer lol
really old billy connolly stand up.

"The Scots were an Irish tribe! A lot of people don't know that. Yeah! A kind of mentally ill Irish tribe. The chief said, "C'mon lads! I know an even RAINIER place!"

Haha "this place is great but where can I get ... more rain" My friend use to send me photos outside of him in the summer and it was still rainy. I told him I'm not big on gloomy clouds and that's when he realized I was never going to marry him and move to Scotland.... ^^;

well that escalated quickly lol

well 2-3 days ago we got rain, downpour of rain, sleet, (hail in the town over), almost gale force winds, thunder & lightning, then sunshine.... Normally we don't get all the season's of the year's weather in one day, but sometimes we do... rolleyes (Ireland)

As it does ><;;;

Haha I've had all the seasons in one day, that is not today, it's living the forever cloudy moment. It's winter, I can't complain... it was bound to happen.

Draconian Dreamer

45,825 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Angelic Alliance 100
draconic flare
emotion_ghost Day #5 emotion_ghost
Theme: Jupiter

Short story under the spoiler

They call him a god.

He had started as a prince, with everything set against him. The youngest of six children gets his mother’s love, but his father’s attention? Even the eldest son can barely keep him interest until he starts his descent to an earlier grave. Him? He could have been a rock and his father would have hardly known the difference. Not that he was around his father that long - his mother up and left town when it became clear that family was this man’s last priority.

School was hardly any better for him. Connections were everything then, and his web was so weak that a single snag would cause it to break apart instantly. Not to mention that there was nothing truly exceptional about him then. Sure, his father was a hotshot, but when you aren’t the heir and everyone has at least one parent who’s a big deal, that isn’t enough. Where other’s had their beauty, intelligence, strength, charisma, and ingenuity, all he had was his vendetta.

Sometimes a single ripple is enough to cause a tsunami.

Before you could tell, out of nowhere came this kid who seemed to have all the answers. Where there was dying wheat, he struck gold. If there was a storm, he would bring the lightning to strike everything in his path down. He was a force to be reckoned with, and yet no one even had a chance against him. His transformation was electrifying - a forgotten prince he was not. But he was more than a king.

Back then I had been his queen. There from the start, I was his constant and often only, companion. I knew from the start that he was going to make something of himself, even if others didn’t. He was always five steps ahead of the crowd, and I was always by his side. In times of trouble, I would offer whatever I could - a shoulder, my wisdom, even my bed. We planned everything together, bound first by the blue and green sheets of my bed, and then by our vows.

My parents tried to warn me not to throw away my life at 19. That I was moving too fast and had my whole future ahead of me. But I was young and in love and being apart from him was like being cut off from oxygen. And we had been through so much by that point - the white sheet over his mother, the teetering tower of rejection letters, glaring red epithets on his locker, car, and house - it just seemed too cruel to leave him. I had faith that our love would beat the odds. That if every other couple were to divorce and hate each other, that we would be the one happily married until we died old, hand-in-hand, surrounded by family.

Of course I had been foolish. Who isn’t foolish when they are 19 and in love? Back then, I knew he felt the same way. He would have done anything for me. It wasn’t too much to give up my choice school so I could stay with him. We had planned for this, all would be well.

I’ve often wondered if things would have ended better for us if we had not got married back then. If we had stayed together but went to separate universities. Maybe our love really would have lasted, and we wouldn’t have four kids who don’t get the love they deserve, because their parents have grown to loathe each other. The only thought that’s plagued my mind more was where it all went wrong.

I think he hates me because I am a constant reminder of his past. That he wasn’t always the god people see him as now. And that one day, all that’s he’s gained will be taken from him just as fast as it was taken from his father. And I hate him for wanting to be rid of his past, of everything that made him who he was. Even after forgiving him for all the lies, all the women behind closed doors, I can't forgive him for this. Because rejecting his past is rejecting me, and I finally know now that he isn't a god, and that I don't revolve around him.

But as much as I wish that I had listened to my parents, that I had been willing to separate from him before all the pain, betrayal, and heartbreak, if I had to do it all over again, I would. I would do it every time, because I've gained too much from all of this. I couldn't imagine my life without our children, and I know he feels the same.

Maybe he isn't a god, but if there is one thing I can say for him, it's that he isn't his father.

Comments: I know this isn't my best work, but I thought it would be fun to do a sort of character study on a modern-day Jupiter/Zeus figure told from the point of view of a Juno/Hera figure.

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright

I quite enjoyed this.
I liked the surprise that you found out who the narrator was towards the middle.

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Rawfie
Finally beat Pokemon Shield.

Sweet! Who was your starter? Was it as glitchy and low-qual as I've heard?

Draconian Dreamer

45,825 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Sayuu
Alec Ikiiki

emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost

Day 5

User Image
I was going to use watercolor to follow the monochrome red theme but decided
against it. I didn't want to ruin the piece. Dragon and Artsty Kitty meet.

emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost

✿ Great details work, Girl! Loved the wall!! Loved their expressions too.. You can almost get the real story behind it. whee ✿

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright

Thank you.
I wanted Dragon to be indifferent or irritated and Artsy Kitty to be excited.

Manly Man-Lover

Leithern

Sweet! Who was your starter? Was it as glitchy and low-qual as I've heard?
Scorbunny, and no it wasn't.

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100

User Image

Ashes or vampire

or 'don't open that!.......bugger.'

Eloquent Lover

sdrawkcab
Day # Six
Theme: Childhood Toy

User Image

Comments: Rubber ducky = <3
Seek to be worth knowing...
Oh man. xD You've gone and done it now!
Chii is going to go bonkers for that adorable duckie! >w>

...rather than be well known.

Lightbringer

Day # 6
Theme: Notre Dame

User Image

Comments: Hunchback of Notre Dame was and is one of my all time favorite Disney films. Esmerelda will probably always be my favorite Disney heroine. She has always inspired me with her very strong sense of justice.
I know this isn't the best picture, but I'm going through a bit of a depressive spell. I'm hoping that it'll blow over soon.
Small edit: I accidentally colored in her neck the same color as her hair gonk
So I fixed it.

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Day # 6
Theme: Childhood Toy

User Image

Comments: Just some classic blocks!

Quick Reply