Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply { Dorms } ----------------------- Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[T112] Cami Ryland

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[[ Cami is currently :: Fourteen years old and afraid.]]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:32 pm

User Image

Name: Camille Ryland
Nicknames: Milly, Cami, Cam
Birthday: February 10 (Aquarius)

Accent: Raised on the island of Antigua in the Caribbean, Cami's English reflects this. When deeply excited her accent slips and it's sometimes almost impossible to know what she's saying unless you know the dialect. She is fluent in English, Creole, and Caribbean Spanish.

Personality:

[+] Friendly and welcoming, always willing to talk to and meet people.
[+] Intelligent though not so much in a science way. People-smart.
[+] Sweet and affectionate to those she cares about, really enjoys her warm personality and spreads it around like the delicious butter it is.
[+] Lively, energetic, and always trying to have fun. Always.

[-] A shameless flirt she has a hard time not automatically flirting and putting herself out there.
[-] Fierce is the best word for Cami in any situation. She is fiercely protective, fiercely cheerful, fiercely committed to the idea of doing her best. She also is fiercely foolish at times. What she does, she does big, and it is often more a burden than a blessing.
[-] Almost obnoxiously needy and convinced that there is no one out there that would love her. She's that kid that nobody ever wanted. Why would they start now? A bit of a downer if you let her be.  

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Category: Sun Trainee Hunter (again...)

Why did your character choose to become a Hunter?

Cami’s whole life she’s always felt something. It was that thing that had her turning her head quickly when something was caught out of the corner of her eye. It kept her away from graveyards, out of dark alleyways, and it was the reason she slept with a night light. She heard a lot about that night light. Peers would hear about it and tease her, her parents sent her to countless therapists to reassure her there was nothing out there waiting.

Yet Cami remained convinced that one day something was going to happen. Something that was going to prove everyone that she was right. Amusingly enough it was on the first Halloween. Twenty-one years old her friends demanded that Cam abandon her fears of the strange and dark and live her life. They were in college! There were great parties! She needed to get out and live it up! Unfortunately it was perhaps the worst possible day for someone with the sense and mild paranoia she’d always felt.

At first it had started out okay. But then when the party had gotten out of hand, too crowded, she’d staggered away in a tipsy state. Later she’d tell herself that she was tipsier than she thought, the only way to rationalize why it could have possibly been okay. It wasn’t until Cami realized she was alone in a place where the streetlights were few and far between that she started to panic. Fear shivered down her spine. Yet even in the dim light she could see the clash of two bodies. One human in a coat that was almost blazingly white, the other...not so much. The monster under the bed, the proof she’d been looking for, all going to be chalked up to a drunken hallucination. Her fear getting the best of her!

Determined to get some proof, to get corroboration, Cam chased that person in the white coat until they stopped and demanded to know what her problem was. Years of resentment, of anger, of humiliation poured out of her mouth. With a look sweeping her up and down, even taking in the fact she’d been drinking, an offer had been made. “I think I can help you.” They’d said.

Vindication is Cami’s motivation. She was right. She wasn’t crazy. She’ll do anything now to protect the world from what had driven her almost out of her mind as a child, and protect her friends.

Important Events:

gaia_star [Mimsy Kercher Morris] No one knows how Mimsy and Cami are related and if they do, no one is telling. Cami considers Mimsy a kind of sister despite having met her only once before and looks up to the dark-haired scientist. She is not aware of Mimsy's personality defects.
gaia_star [Sahara Titan] Cami came face to face with a Titan in the Sahara that she calls the 'Sarlacc'. It consumed her and when it spit her out she had Famine millipedes beneath her skin that had to be removed with fire. Most of her skin had to be regrown and she is terrified of bugs and fire now.
gaia_star [Otto Graves] Tricked by Twitter into thinking 'd**k centipedes' were a thing possible due to her recent trauma Cami accidentally upsets Otto. Making it up to him with ice cream earned her a trip to Disney World with him. Disney earned her a roommate and for a time they were inseparable.
gaia_star [Maebe Grace Bertrand] Through a causal encounter that sprung from Maebe's curiosity it had turned into an odd, satisfying triangle relationship between Cami, Otto, and Maebe. Cami's love was at odds with Maebe's reluctance to accept the feeling is genuine but they were working it out. It didn't last.
gaia_star [Tower of Ancients] Inside the trials of the tower Cami became the Ancient of Isolation, something she feels she has had too much of in her life, something she will have to guard against in the future. Medea, the leader of the Four Clans, personally tried to tear out Cami's heart. Whether or not this will have any lasting effects remains to be seen.
gaia_star [Rocky Relationship Road] For a time Cami, Maebe, and Otto lived happily together but it was not meant to last. You can only shove broken things into a mold for so long before you've lost too much to fit. Otto and Maebe seem to be growing as people but what's happening to Cami...?
gaia_star [Homeless] Deciding that Cami's presence was a crutch he needed to stop leaving on, she was asked to move out. Losing the only place she's ever called home has made her feel hollow and empty. Currently she is looking for a new home.
gaia_star [PETER PAN] Due to the side effects of the crimson butterflies Cami is now fourteen years old. She does not remember anything that came from before this point and will continue to make new memories instead.
gaia_star [Caroline Kercher] Becoming fourteen again was a boon for both women in that Caroline wanted a daughter and Cami desperately needed a mother. They have become a kind of unit that is almost inseparable and there is much love and laughter in their home.
gaia_star [Rebellion] Living on the island as a kid means you get protected from a lot of things. But when Creation and Destruction team up to lock you in a cage, living as a Horseman, you can't hide from that. Thinking she was a Famine Sage changed a lot of things in Camille's perspective and she rather wishes she was back there now.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Name: Kidana
Nicknames: Ki
Type of Weapon: Longbow
Former species of weapon: Ghost, Revenant

Personality: If anyone understands Cami’s need to be surrounded by people it’s Kidana. Kidana is the ghost of a young human woman who died because she (unknowingly) alienated everyone around her so that when she was in some serious trouble, there was no one there to help. She is, perhaps, a bit of a cautionary tale for the hot-headed young Trainee. One day, if you are too quick to act, you are going to burn some bridges that can’t ever be rebuilt. Sure you can apologize and do favors for people to get back in their good-graces if you say something a little off...but what happens when your tendency to jump in headfirst gets someone hurt? What if it gets someone...killed?

After all, that’s what happened to Kidana. Not that she remembers her impulsive life, the life that left her alone to die and wander as a revenant shade when betrayed by those she thought were her friends! All that remains is a feeling of desperation when Milly's hairline trigger is pulled, the need to pull her away from the edge of doing something crazy and ill-advised is almost undeniable. They do, however, struggle somewhat in battle with the impulsiveness issue. Having been a Revenant Kidana is drawn to injustice, must right the wrongs, and has more than a bit of a spin tossed on at the end of it.

When presented with the chance to become something more than an aimless ghost, described to her as a 'second chance', Kidana jumped at it. Now she is taking this second chance to heart and is now in the hands of a Deus Ex Hunter. It is her presence that keeps the human from being utterly alone, a comfort to them both, and she tries to let Camille know when she is being abrasive and hasty. If, mid-argument, you ever have Cami apologize? Thank Kidana.

She got her second chance. She’s making sure nobody else needs one either.

Weapon Ability - Trainee

The weapon’s ability is of the Swift Strike family. When fully charged she can load several ethereal arrows in rapid succession, arm firing in almost a blur. These arrows, due to the fact they aren’t quite real, aren’t as strong as a normal arrow might be. However since she can fire more of them, overall they become more powerful than a more corporeal arrow might have been.

Dice: 9d4
First Dice:
xxxxx 1: Miss
xxxxx 2 - 3: HIT however the resulting damage is divided by 2. Only 50% of the damage is dealt.
xxxxx 4: HIT however the resulting damage is multiplied by .8. Only 80% of the damage is dealt.
Damage: Ignore the first dice, total up the remaining dice. Divide or multiply the total by the modifier depending.
Average Damage: 10 (50%), 16 (80%)

Weapon Ability - Intermediate

The weapon’s ability is of the Bite family. A much larger arrow, glowing bright silver with a barb at its tip, is shot so that it lodges in the body of whatever it is Cami is shooting at. For the duration of the FEAR attack this will siphon energy into Kidana, thus allowing the revenant to reinforce the shield around her hunter. Her runes glow brightly during the active turns and once the turns have ended the arrow fades entirely.

Dice: 2d4
First Dice: indicates how many turns the effect will last, starting with your next regular attack.
xxxxx 1: 1 Turn
xxxxx 2-3: 2 Turns
xxxxx 4: 3 Turns
Second Dice: represents how much health you steal per hit.
xxxxx 1: 0% (Absorb no health)
xxxxx 2: 50% (divide your damage by 2)
xxxxx 3-4: 75% (multiply your damage by .75)

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:40 pm

[STATUS] - Title (Other Participants - Type of RP)
▨ - Met Word Count
□ - Not Met Word Count
- - Invalid for Points

[□] - Mamá, ¡ayúdame! (Caroline - PRP)
[□] - now it's happily ever never (Cami - Solo)
[□] - Seeker of Justice (Lawr - PRP)
[▨] - Goldener Sun (Division Meeting - ORP)
[□] - Clean Slate (Otto - PRP)
[▨] - REBELLION META (30 pts)
[▨] - We Were Killers, Queens, and Deadly Things (Roland - PRP)
[□] - Truly Confusing, Truly Dangerous (Lawr - PRP)
[▨] - Do I Know You? (Chance - PRP)
[▨] - Deus Orientation (ORP - 3 pts)
[▨] - My Case of Which I'm Certain (Caroline - PRP)
[▨] - Crying Out Loud (Henry - PRP)

Points to Intermediate: 42/75  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:41 pm

- Clear affection/love/warm fuzzies.
- Friendly but can be positive-neutral.
- Complicated but can be unsure-neutral.
♠ - Clear dislike/hatred but can also be negative-neutral.
- Sex was had.

THE FAMILY

-Caroline Ryland - I don't know how to express how blessed I am to have my Ama. She and I don't always agree but she encourages me to think for myself and loves me no matter what.
-Mimsy Morris - Mimsy is absolutely her own person and I admire her for never being afraid of anything. I don't think she likes me as much as America though. Not sure how I feel about that.

THE ISLAND

- America Jones - I want to like her. I want so badly to like her but I'm jealous. Ama loves her, Mimsy adores her, and she's just so much better at everything than me. How can I even compare?
-Lawrence Michaels - God, where to even start? Caroline says never speak to him and that's important but he has things to share. Perspectives that teach me what to avoid. Doesn't she see that?
- Maebe Grace Bertrand - I loved her. I don't remember it but the notes I found, the sadness in them, it hurts to even consider. I thought she was going to be mine forever? I don't understand. I want to.
- Otto Graves - Once upon a time we totally banged. He seemed super awkward about it and has a boyfriend now. I consider him a friend.
- Roland Taft - He's so ridiculous. Totally out-there but sweet. I don't have any old notes on him so he's definitely a new friend which is exciting!  

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Where: House #112 in town, offered to her by Gale Gentry. Cami is working on putting her touches on it. The spare bedroom bed has been moved into the main room and her choices are...colorful.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Purge Artifact
iPod touch in a decoden case.

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

Salary: $450/month (ticking on the 10th of every month)
Bank: $21600 (July 8, 2017)
Segway Cost: $6000

Growth Information:

The default word requirement for points is 800. GMs may require either more or less in their classes and events, and may also award growth points differently, so always read the first and last GM posts thoroughly.

1 point can be:

- One piece of fanart drawn by you for anything related to shop (max 5 points this way)
- One complete regular rp
- One full solo rp
- One gm-modded event with point prizes (to be linked), where you included your character
- One complete classroom/mission rp
- One complete homework assignment
- One complete battle, with just rolls

2 points:

- One complete 'battle' roleplay with filled out roleplay actions
- Character 'plot assistance' (ie for events)

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

{ Dorms } ----------------------- Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces