Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Tools for Change Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:43 am
NOTE: This class/discussion is no longer taught/led by a teacher. However, please feel free to read through it and ask any questions that you may have or express any thoughts/opinions you have. Just please don't ask, "Can I join the class?" Because the answer is 'no'. Thank you.

Tools for Change

Tools for Change is a class dedicated to teaching you the way to change yourself, your world, and your life for the better. In this class you will learn about your mind, body, and spirit, and how these things all effect the way you live. From changing your fortune, and ending terrible habits, there is no limit to the possibilities. I can't wait for you to join Tools for Change.

Be sure to read the Rules!

Join Questionnaire - Please Post the Answers
(all answers are optional but are helpful for me as your teacher, so please attempt to answer as many as possible.)

PAPER
Name: username and/or RL name

1. Why do you want to join?
2. What are the "Problem Areas" of your life?
3. Which aspect of self do you feel you lack most? Why? (Body/Mind/Spirit)
4. What do you hope to get out of this class?
5. Any concerns/questions you have for me?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 am
My Current Students

♪♫♪As soon as you post a join request you can start reading the Lessons and completing the Assignments. Feel free to take all the time you need before you move onto the next step in the process. I will work with you at your own pace. Feel free to take all the time you need before you move onto the next step in the process. I will work with you at your own pace. ♪♫♪

The Seating Arrangement

1.User Image 2.User Image 3.User Image 4.User Image 5.User Image

6. User Image 7. User Image 8. User Image 9. User Image 10. User Image

11.User Image 12.User Image 13.User Image 14.User Image

Seat#. Student Name ~Real Name~- Last Completed Assignment

1. 27 Ven 27 ~N/A~ - Assignment 2:1 - Small Wish
2. Blackdemondreams ~N/A~ - No Assignments Completed
3. Bernadette Rachel ~Rachel~ - Join Questionnaire
4. alyanna moon ~N/A~ - Assignment 1:2 - Goal Seeking Questions
5. stephy-gurl ~Stephanie~ - Assignment 2:2 - Goal/Vision Board
6. Musical_Vampire_Socks ~N/A~ - Assignment 3:1 - Act Now
7. Sam Oaken Willow 17 ~Sam~ - Assignment 2:2 - Goal/Vision Board
8. Silver Haruta ~Silver Shadow~ - Assignment 2:1 - Small Wish
9. SwirlingDark ~Kate~ - Assignment 4:1 - I Will / I Can
10. Abbie913 ~N/A~ - Join Assignment 3:2 - Scenario Action Relay
11. Usako_Rouge ~Sonja~ - Assignment 1:1 - Goal List
12. sassyangel37 ~N/A~ -Join Questionaire
13. IileyahWithTheStars ~Taylor~ -Assignment 1:2 Goal Seeking Questions
14. FateTempter ~Rae~ - Assignment 1:1 - Goal List  

zabazor
Vice Captain

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:19 am
The Curriculum

This is where you can find links to all the Lessons and the Assignments connected to those Lessons. If you are joining the class after several lessons have passed please do not skip to the Lesson we are currently working on. Start at Lesson one, and I will follow you through until you finish all the Lessons. If you feel you are behind and are concerned about it I will be happy giving you a personalized "Catch Up" plan (PCUP), but I do suggest you at least read all the lessons.

Unit I - The Basics

Lesson 1 - Goals
~Assignment 1:1 - Goal List
~Assignment 1:2 - Goal Seeking Questions

Lesson 2 - Attraction
~Assignment 2:1 - Small Wish
~Assignment 2:2 - Goal/Vision Board

Lesson 3 - Action
~Assignment 3:1 - Act Now
~Assignment 3:2 - Scenario Action Relay

Lesson 4 - Like Attracts Like
~Assignment 4:1 - I Will / I Can
~Assignment 4:2 - Positivity List

Lesson 5 - Mood Modify
~Assignment 5:1 - Deconstructing Emotions
~Assignment 5:2 - Reconstructing Emotions

Lesson 6 - Reviewing the Basics

Unit II - Addictions and Habits

Unit III - Money and Work

Unit IV - Relationships

Unit V - Spirituality

Unit VI - A Healthy Body

I have decided that Unit I - The Basics is not only the basics of the class but the foundation to every other section I had planned. Through the basics, and just changing your goals to what ever you want to see change, should give you the best results every time. So in this I conclude that the class will no longer gain Lessons or assignments.
I will, however, still keep up with new students who wish to join or continue with their lessons. I will still comment and guide you through this process, so have no fear, I am still here.

*Until a Unit/Lesson/Assignment is actually created, there may be corrections to its location in The Curriculum.

There will be about 2 assignments per lesson. One of them will be posted the day the lesson is posted. The other lesson will appear about 2 weeks later. A New Lesson will appear monthly.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:20 am
Rules / Expectations

1. Follow all of the Guild's Rules

2. Post Style = Say only. I use "Document" for all my Lessons and "Ornate" for all my Assignments for your convenience. For that reason I am asking you only to post replies as Say.

3. Assignments will often have a paper code attached to them.

PAPER
Example of a Paper Code:
This acts like a paper/worksheet that
you would be given in RealLife by a teacher.
This is how I expect you to answer the assignment. Please use these by copying and pasting it into your reply, then filling in the blanks.

4. Assignments are expected to be completed in this thread, not in PM's. Feel free to chat with other students, ask questions about Lessons, and so forth. It is meant to be a fun class.

5. This list is subject to change and expansion.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 am
Teacher Attendance / Notes

NEW Message: Questioning Moving Forward

I will need you all to decide if we should move forward with the class past lesson 6. No one has made it that far, so I will wait a little longer before I make the poll, but I would like comments and feedback in class. Should we move forward? Why and Why not. Where do you want to see the class to go after lesson 6? -Read through the Curriculum to see what the options are, or suggest new ones. I am basically open to anything.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 pm
Lesson 1 - Goals

User Image

If you are serious about change you must first identify what you want to change. Goals are a great way to do this. First you must think about what you want. What do I want to feel, become, achieve? Don't feel bad about being selfish when it comes to setting goals because they are personal. You can wish whatever you want for yourself.

To help you understand goals, and use them in your everyday lives, I have sorted them into two categories.

Major Goals:
These Goals are focused around yourself. They are internalized wants/needs. Where do you want to see yourself in the next ten years? What about you personality do you want to change? What do you want to feel? Example: I want to Build My Confidence / I want to feel Loved. These are your Major Goals. They may seem broad but they are the structure for all the other goals that follow. Be thoughtful when making these goals, and be true to yourself. Specificity is not a bad idea when making these goals, but it is not necessary, if that is to challenging for you.

Minor Goals:
Then you branch these Major Goals into Minor Goals. These focus on Actions you wish to take or that you think will help you situation, and are often times external. What can you do to help you feel more confident? What can you do to help you lose weight? Example: I want to win the Science Fair / I want to eat food with less fat. These are just as important as Major Goals, but the Minor Goals help you reach you Major Goals. Remember to be specific about your minor goals. Specificity will help you to focus, and help your goal to manifest.

*Note*
Be reasonable. Do not set goals that are not Physically possible. Like bending the law of gravity, or taking over the world. These are nice ideas, but poor goals. Any other goal you will be able to accomplish with the continuation of this class.
User Image

zabazor
Vice Captain

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:29 pm
Assignment 1:1 - Goal List

User Image

To help me understand you comprehend this lesson I am asking you to send me a list of your goals. These can be all Major goals, all Minor Goals, or a combination. Just send me what ever you feel comfortable sharing. I expect to see at least 5 Goals from all my students, and more is only better for you.

When you have finished posting, be sure to save your goals to your computer, or print them out so you can keep them documented. This will be helpful later on.

Format: (copy and past this into your post)

PAPER
Assignment 1 - Goal List

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:23 pm
I'd like to be a student  

27 Ven 27

Blackdemondreams

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:45 pm
I'm also interested but do we have to post our answers publicly? I'd rather share them only with you.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:10 am
Student Questionnaire Answers may be PM'ed as well. But if you feel comfortable posting them in the thread it can only help other members. But do as you must, I only want you to feel safe and relaxed. ^_^

Please read the lesson, and complete the Assignment. Thank you.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:53 am
Assignment 1:2 - Goal Seeking Questions

For many of us saying you want to do something is easy. Making these wants practical and specific is another story. Here is just a little advice when when setting Goals.

Internationally renowned business philosopher Jim Rohn:
“We want to set the goals that our heart conceives, that our mind believes and that our bodies will carry out.”

User Image

Questions For Good/Strong Goal Construction

1. Specific: Do you know exactly what you want to accomplish with all the details?

2. Measurable: Are you able to assess your progress?

3. Attainable: Is your goal within your reach given your current situation?

4. Relevant: Is your goal relevant towards your purpose in life?

5. Time-Sensitive: What is the deadline for completing your goal?

Now for a few good and bad examples of how you can answer these questions...

Bad:“I want to write a book.”
Good:“I want to write a book on time management that is at least 200 pages in length and have it done by December 16th. I’ll commit myself to writing at least 2 pages every workday until I reach completion.”

Bad:“I want to be rich.”
Good:“I want to generate $100,000 in passive income within 5 years from this date.”

Bad:“I want to become a millionaire in 2 months.”
Good:“I want to become a millionaire within 10 years by starting my own personal development company and doing seminars all over the world and by creating a line of passive income products.”

Bad:“Within one year, I want to become a warlord and have many loyal soldiers who will commit acts of terrorism on my behalf.”
Good:“By the end of the year, I want to build a philanthropic foundation that helps feed the homeless.”

Bad:“I am going to do my homework.”
Good:“I am going to finish my homework by 8pm tonight and I’ll achieve this deadline by spending one hour on each subject.”

*These Questions do not need to be followed or used when creating your goals. Just understand the more in depth the Goal is the more helpful it will be for you.*

Now It's Your Turn
Either make a new goal, or modify one of your current goals by answering each of these questions. Fill out the Paper Code and answer these following Questions.

Additional Assignment Questions

6. Do you feel that these questions helped you with your Goals? How?

7. Will you use these questions for future Goals? Why?

8. Do you feel comfortable setting Goals?

PAPER
Assignment 2 - Goal Seeking Questions

Additional Questions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:06 pm
Lesson 2 - Attraction

User Image

In this wonderful world we live in there are supernatural forces. These forces represent the goddesses and gods and the one. For the sake of brevity I will refer to all of these as the Universe. The Universe is all knowing and all understanding. It controls anything and everything. So if you want something to be done you need to consult the Universe. Here is a little you will need to know about the Universe before you try and ask if for the things you want.

The Universe

The Universe reads your own personal vibrations, as well as the vibrations of everyone and everything else. These vibrations are read through thought and emotions. When you send out vibrations for change, the Universe immediately begins to attract that change toward you. The reason the Universe does this is because the Universe is constantly seeking balance amongst itself and will do anything to return to its equilibrium. However, when you stop sending out that vibration the Universe stops attracting that change you so desired because the balance is already meet. But wanting these things is not enough to break the balance.

Breaking the Balance

The best way to break the balance is to act, think, and feel as though the change has already occurred. If you want to get a nice sports car, sit in your living room and pretend to drive your lazy boy arm chair. If you want to have a relationship/lover, close your eyes and feel the feelings you want/think you would feel when you are finally in that relationship. These vibrations send out strong pulses to the Universe, attracting your wants to you more.

Aladdin

Have you ever heard of the story of Aladdin? The classical tale of a poor boy who had a hard life but discovered the power of a genie. All he had to do was tell the genie "I wish..." and anything was possible. Well that is in a sense what I am giving you. You all have your own personal genie, you just never knew it. All you have to do is want it, believe you have it, and receive it. There have been rumors that this Universal "Law of Attraction" was the foundation of that story. As well as the background many celebrity's claim to have built their careers upon. The power is in your hands, all you have to do is use it.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 am
Assignment 2:1 - Small Wish

User Image

Now that you understand the law of attraction I want you to start applying it to your every day life. So that this does not overwhelm you, and so you can see almost immediate results lets start with something small. We are going to stray away from your goals for just a moment and pick a new task you want to Universe to fulfill.

1-Pick a simple task. This might range from sending out vibes for a closer parking space to you job or a store entrance, to just having a good day in general. By simple I mean a task that does not require a lot of chance to occur because it has happen to you before, and you believe it can happen again. Something you feel would be relatively simple for the Universe to accomplish.

2-Send out the vibes. Think about that thing coming to pass. Feel the way you would when it happens, think that you already have it. You may even want to verbalize "the parking space in front of the store is mine, I am already parked there." These will help it come to pass.

3-Receive. Take what the Universe gives you. Not everything you ask for will appear in black and white. If you ask for a better spot it might not be in the front row, but in the second row. If you ask for a good day there may still be one upset throughout. Take what you get, and try harder next time.

The Response
♪♫Now After you try this assignment I want you to post your thoughts and feelings on using the Law or Attraction.

Some points you might want to cover in your response.

~Step by step, what did you do?
~Was it a success?
~Do you feel you need more practice to get good at it?
~Do you think you are ready for more complicated tasks?
~Do you feel you need more information or clarity before you can
successfully use the Law of Attraction?
~If you want more information, can you tell me what is confusing you?  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games