Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Gawker

10,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Market Browser 100
i feel as though gaia is digging themselves more into a hole.

they created a steep curve, lost half of their people, and now this.

mmmmmmm sounds pretty crappy.

King Noob

xKellyTheAwesomeOnex
Grace Gubreez
WideEyed

."

Wow just heard the news today. Have to say I agree with everything you said.

And....what they are showing us as the new "replacement" for zomg.....is not a GOOD replacement....

D: Could you link me to the post or thread where they are showing what the replacement is...I never wanted zOMG to die, I still enjoy'd it v.v But what is this "new game"?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/gaia-s-new-games-high-fantasy-and-cats-ohayocon-2012/t.77541887/

I think the worst part of this was the cat game/characters or w/e that is rolleyes it's really stupid...

Witty Fatcat

11,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Random Acts of Awesome
maikhelle
what do you mean no more? I can still play it.. are they going to disable the game?

No.

But it will die off sooner or later. Hopefully later.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Corridores
i hate her.

And what do I do on that dark day that zOMG dies? Go back to the forums, where an old relic like me is neither read, respected nor revered? Not appealing. For me, the days of making friends in forums are over.

I completely agree.

I remember when I first started playing on Gaia and one of my friends in real life was telling me about this new game they were coming out with that he was hoping to be a beta tester for. But I didn't even try it out for a long time. I used to just play jigsaw puzzles, and pinball and talk to a couple friends and play around on towns. I'd post on the forums sometimes or lurk them - the GD and some others. What was I thinking? This was back when I'd make an avatar on tektek that was around 250k and think I should maybe do something cheaper. I made like 5k during a week of hard grinding on jigsaws and pinball, lol.

Eventually I got bored, but one of my friends wanted me to come back a year or maybe longer than that later. So I did and I started "humping" trees in towns for gold. Someone on towns told me Booty Grab was better for gold, and after that I heard of zOMG. My first reaction was that it wasn't very good for gold (compared to BG it really wasn't in the beginning), but I went through all the quests even though. I got to 10.0 after 3 weeks of playing casually. Later on, I started doing the main things people burn their time with after they've gotten to the end - Papa Saw, Shallow Seas and End Boss. I got into sEB for a while. I used to sit on Gold Beach just sweet hearting people until I got a crew. I was on a lot, haha. I got a few 5k badges, the halloween event pumpkin fluff one, the anchors and some others, and I was working on a few. I got my TC to 50k and then I started to get bored.

So I tried to find some other things to do with zOMG. I tried to solo some bosses on hard, and play some instances that people don't normally do like the hive. Took some really long hiatuses. Stopped caring. So far I've gotten 6 accounts to level 10.0, but there's not much else to do that's not incredibly time consuming and repetitive (even DMS). I can't be bothered to reach level 12.0 because the instance takes so long and isn't very exciting. I would have loved a new chapter and more places to explore that didn't require a crew. Of course that wasn't possible with the state of zOMG.

Without zOMG there really is nothing else on this site that would ever make me check back. I used to want some items but only so I could have a nice avatar for zOMG. The forums are an awful waste of time. I normally get ignored or rude responses. Towns is a mess, and none of the other games appeal to me.

But I'm no longer attached to zOMG. I won't miss it. But I'll remember it fondly. And I wish the best for JK, though I never attended a dev meet or actually spoke to him. But regardless, I admire his dedication and how he wanted so much for zOMG to survive and improve. I liked the game set up, and the art especially. It was a good run. heart

Anyway, just reminiscing, you don't have to read all that. xD

Why am I still awake? emotion_facepalm

Sigh...
Good times. smile

I still remember my first try at zOMG!
As I understand it, it was pre-Nerf, back in the days when they still had the Train Tutorial and you got let out in the Sewers to start.
I wasn't a gamer then (not that I am now, but you know what I mean) and I got my head handed to me again and again by Peelungers and Gramsters, then moved on to be utterly humiliated by the Flamingos in VG.
That was enough for me I'm embarrassed to say, and I moved on to "humping trees" myself rofl , but that got pretty dull pretty fast, and the few pieces of Gold I got for every splinter and stubbed toe wasn't really worth it for me.
It was almost a year later that I returned, and by then, the Nerf had taken place, and zOMG! was far easier for a neophyte such as myself.
It was the begining of a love affair that last's to this day.
While it's hard for me to ignore what I see going on right now, a piece of me hopes that this will be just another "Developmental Hiatus", and that, once the New Game is up and running on it's own, Gaia will come back to zOMG! and give it the love it so richly deserves.
Most of my brain, the negative, sensible and realistic part of it, tells me that zOMG! will simply be allowed to run as is, for as long as it's profitable, and then be put to an unsympathetic end, and it's hard for my positive side to argue with the logic.
Still. as they say..."where there's life, there's hope", and for now anyways, zOMG! is still alive, so I'm not going to beat my positive side down with relentless logic and fact.
That would'nt be very zOMGaian of me. wink
Grace Gubreez
xKellyTheAwesomeOnex
Grace Gubreez
WideEyed

."

And....what they are showing us as the new "replacement" for zomg.....is not a GOOD replacement....

D: Could you link me to the post or thread where they are showing what the replacement is...I never wanted zOMG to die, I still enjoy'd it v.v But what is this "new game"?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/gaia-s-new-games-high-fantasy-and-cats-ohayocon-2012/t.77541887/

I think the worst part of this was the cat game/characters or w/e that is rolleyes it's really stupid...

I agree with you. That looks so weird that I don't even know what to think. gonk When they said they were making a Cats game, I thought they meant that they were making one of those games for the DS called Catz and posting it on their site. At least that thought made me realize that things could be worse. Also, for some reason, the cats remind me of the of the raposa from Drawn to Life.

As for the fantasy game, it just looks like a hybrid of Final Fantasy and World of Warcraft. Nothing special there.

King Noob

Strawberry Black Cat
Grace Gubreez
xKellyTheAwesomeOnex
Grace Gubreez
WideEyed

."

I agree with you. That looks so weird that I don't even know what to think. gonk When they said they were making a Cats game, I thought they meant that they were making one of those games for the DS called Catz and posting it on their site. At least that thought made me realize that things could be worse. Also, for some reason, the cats remind me of the of the raposa from Drawn to Life.

As for the fantasy game, it just looks like a hybrid of Final Fantasy and World of Warcraft. Nothing special there.

lol maybe it would be better if the new game was like the ds catz game because then it would appeal to so few people that gaia would be forced to bring back zomg XD (I was reading people's post on that thread and some people seem to like the new cat idea)

and ya the fantasy game looks like any other rpg/mmo game it isnt special like zomg

I feel like the thing that draws me to zomg and not any other rpg/mmo is that the characters were unique and cute (you wont fight garlic in world of warcraft) (since imo world of warcraft is similar to so many other games...same characters and monsters but with different outfits)

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Eh! People just need time to let it sink in and before you know it, we'll all be back to zOMGing!
WideEyed

I wish I could remember more about when I first started. I just remember using my Guns Guns Guns ring and wondering why I couldn't use it sometimes, only to later realize it was recharging. And I was one of those people who couldn't figure out how to get out of the null chamber. I had to Google it. I didn't learn what rage ranks were until I went to Papa Saw and asked how someone was making the fire rain look like that (back when I still had the graphic setting so I could see that sort of thing.) I didn't learn the purpose of buffing until then either. Ahh, it was such fun learning something new every time I logged on. I was so awful back then too. xD
Sometimes I still learn new things now that I've been to DMS a few times. I sort of wish I hadn't run through zOMG every time. Even the first time I was trying to level up so quickly. I think I even PS'ed some of the way once I heard it was good for orbs.

I read some of your other posts too. I agree with you a lot. I liked the uniqueness of zOMG. I don't care for all the basic, flashy MMOs. This is the only kind I'd ever want to play.

And about Mark's Ring.. I remember leaving Papa Saw crews a few times because someone was asking (politely) on shout where to find it and no one else was helping out. So I'd crew with them so they could see the exact place it was at. I liked helping people. sweatdrop

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Corridores
WideEyed

I wish I could remember more about when I first started. I just remember using my Guns Guns Guns ring and wondering why I couldn't use it sometimes, only to later realize it was recharging. And I was one of those people who couldn't figure out how to get out of the null chamber. I had to Google it. I didn't learn what rage ranks were until I went to Papa Saw and asked how someone was making the fire rain look like that (back when I still had the graphic setting so I could see that sort of thing.) I didn't learn the purpose of buffing until then either. Ahh, it was such fun learning something new every time I logged on. I was so awful back then too. xD
Sometimes I still learn new things now that I've been to DMS a few times. I sort of wish I hadn't run through zOMG every time. Even the first time I was trying to level up so quickly. I think I even PS'ed some of the way once I heard it was good for orbs.

I read some of your other posts too. I agree with you a lot. I liked the uniqueness of zOMG. I don't care for all the basic, flashy MMOs. This is the only kind I'd ever want to play.

And about Mark's Ring.. I remember leaving Papa Saw crews a few times because someone was asking (politely) on shout where to find it and no one else was helping out. So I'd crew with them so they could see the exact place it was at. I liked helping people. sweatdrop

I can identify with pretty much everything you said!
I've been playing zOMG! for over two years now, yet I picked up something new just a few weeks back that I had never even considered.
That's despite the fact that I've been an avid consumer of the Guides and other zOMG! resources.
I still remember finding the various buried items in GB for the Memento Detector Quest on Google. xp
It wasn't probably until I got to PS that I started turning off other people's Ring Animations, and one of my favourite memories is of farming Ghost lanterns in the Fluff garden in Zen (I didn't even know I was farming at the time! rofl ) at night and watching as everybody's Ring Animations went off.
It was beautiful, and it makes me kind of sad that I keep them off now to cut down on the lag.

The thing about Mark's Ring though, is that even though you find a Ring, as I recall, when you take it back to Mark, he says it's not the one he lost.
I wonder if anyone has ever found his Ring?
I know I actually spent some serious time once, going around and around Bass'ken lake, lookingh for a second Ring, but I never did find one.

Desirable Genius

WideEyed
darkness child 555
Zomg has been on the march of death since its first year. It became glaringly obvious to me after i had aquired all the rings and assembled what many would view as an arsenal. within a week that. most people would not see the beautiful social opportunity this game brings to gaia. I will be sad to watch it march the black road to oblivion as it walks the plank out of the minds of those who lack loyalty to it any more. Much the way of the great societies of Rome and Greece. this mighty wonder has fallen. bend a knee and shed a tear the titan has been usurped by its own sons and cast into the eternal pit never again to rise by the Herculean strength it birthed. Farewell my friend. you will be missed.

You sir, have a way with words. smile

I completely agree with your comments regarding zOMG!'s social aspect.
That was one of the first things I noticed about zOMG! as I wandered through VG, trying to recover from Flamingo attacks, and found myself being healed and Buffed by passersby.

I'm not massively social, but have found the interaction with others, and collaborative nature of the game play to be one of it's strongest attractions. I think that, because zOMG! is not your typical "shoot 'em up" or "Sword and Sorcery" MMO, it attracts a different type of player, and while there are the inevitable Noobs, they are generally pretty easily avoided and in the minority.

For me at least, zOMG! is unique, and attracts unique people.
I think it's something rare and special, and if it were to die, I doubt I'd find it's like again any time soon.

Thank you. i am an amateur writer and have been doing poetry for quite some time. but the relevance to the topic here is minimal. I agree it dose attract a different crowd. but as with any empire. It can not sustain itself forever. Though i feel the death of Zomg Is premature and unnecessary. because of the sheer number of gaians who would be willing to take on the task of its up keep. I myself would write plot lines if necessary. but sadly. Admin as most governing bodies will not be swayed to waste money to ensure the well being of its own citizens. Perhaps instead of us simply complaining about this. we should start a petitioning forum to show gaians overwhelming support. I for one would be willing to start a petition and start it in the mail. all the way to gaia HQ from what I have seen. of towns of late Zomg is the only place left to find a friendly stranger strike up a conversation with some one who is not trying to troll you. and actually enjoy others company on this site.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
darkness child 555

Thank you. i am an amateur writer and have been doing poetry for quite some time. but the relevance to the topic here is minimal. I agree it dose attract a different crowd. but as with any empire. It can not sustain itself forever. Though i feel the death of Zomg Is premature and unnecessary. because of the sheer number of gaians who would be willing to take on the task of its up keep. I myself would write plot lines if necessary. but sadly. Admin as most governing bodies will not be swayed to waste money to ensure the well being of its own citizens. Perhaps instead of us simply complaining about this. we should start a petitioning forum to show gaians overwhelming support. I for one would be willing to start a petition and start it in the mail. all the way to gaia HQ from what I have seen. of towns of late Zomg is the only place left to find a friendly stranger strike up a conversation with some one who is not trying to troll you. and actually enjoy others company on this site.

I have actually been thinking along similar lines of late.
Railing at the Powers That Be in the z!F does nothing more than allow us to vent our frustrations, and has no influence or impact upon the decision makers at Gaia.

We all may feel a little better after our ranting and commiserations, but the result remains the same.
I'm not sure exactly which tact we will end up taking in this affair, but I don't think it's over yet.
Not as long as there's still a lot of people who remain passionate in their support and defense of their home on Gaia, and I agree that we will need to take this directly to Management rather than vent our frustrations on the Artists and Devs who have no more influence on the situation that you or I.
Stay tuned....

Magical Fatcat

20,450 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I'm actually pretty hurt by the news.
[JK] worked so hard to keep zOMG alive.
And although my laptop can't handle the game, I still support it and roam around here and there.
I was hoping be able to play zOMG in a few months time once I save up enough for a laptop since I've yet to try DMS even though I bought an amulet.
Thanks to zOMG I met the love of my life. I've met so many good friends from events and so many good memories.
I've never had that in any other site, or gaia event.
I'm just still in shock, I'm raged, and pretty sad.
...I don't know what the future holds for zOMG.

MaxKon's Wife

Fluffy Fatcat

27,865 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It's really sad that they're "dumping" one of their own games for stupid FB games. But I do hope Gaia eventually finds that zOMG is a key feature on its site and sheds light onto it again ^.^

Sparkling Mage

..This is depressing.
I met a ton of good friends by playing zOMG!.
And honestly.. it has changed my life.

I'm very sad about this. sad

We tried, guys. Just remember the good times. zOMG! will still be here.. and that's a good thing!

Zaruk's Partner

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
I'm finding this hard to believe. zOMG makes WAAAAY too much money for them to dump it with their pathetic double orb and double gold drop items that you can buy with GCash. Until Gaia itself says something about this then I'm crying bullshit.

Anyone else notice that JK means joking on the Internet usually? -___-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces