Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Barleywine of Highwater
Ironically, one of the reasons why I came to GAIA was to get some experience using zOMG -- I heard that it was a good introductory MMO experience. And, this for me was proven. And, kudos to the staff for experimenting with the novel approach taken with the game. It's light-hearted nature made it very easy to get into -- and I loved how it fit into the Gaia economy. Now, that being said, I am uneasy with the new 'direction' being taken -- though I want to support the Gaia exec. and its choices.

You see, I rarely use Facebook - I personally don't like it or its policies, and try to avoid using it whenever I can. And, frankly, the idea of creating yet more Facebook apps is something I find discouraging. In short, FB only means that I won't use it.

Plus, I have another concern -- not personally but for GAIA generally. The fact that the game will not be Gaia canon -- and therefore probably not part of the Gaian economy -- seems to be a bit risky for the site, period. Lots of avi purchases (Gold and Gaia Cash) have been connected to zOMG -- usually players showing off gear to other players. I really hope they know what they are doing...

I agree with you wholeheartedly.
While I don't play zOMG! for the Gold, I do like the fact that it's Gaian through and through and that I can wear my Avvy to play.
If I can't wear my Avvy in the new game, I might as well be playing one of the thousands of other free games out there.
I'm WideEyed, not some other generic fantasy MMO character.

Mega Hoarder

WideEyed
RafiCat
I don't have time to read everything.

I'm totally pissed off. I love zomg. It has so much potential. Gaia admin totally fails to appreciate it.

I don't care about the new game. I don't switch loyalties that easily. I cannot be bought off by waving some new trinket in my face.

I want more zomg.

*descends into wordless snarling rage*

You know, you were one of the first people I thought of when I heard the news that zOMG! was being put into "maintenance mode".
At least it's not being axed immediately, so we still have time to get things done.
With any luck at all, it'll be like it's been for the last few years.....nothing new, but still zOMG!, which is still pretty good! smile

I still have to get the rest of the recipes, and finish some quests. I hope that if and when I get home internet again there will still be players, and the game will still be here. rolleyes

It just is so frustrating and infuriating that the admin doesn't see the vast potential of this game. They've never really advertised it right? And of course interest drops off for many people after you complete everything - this is why most mmo's (or so I understand) add new content steadily.

zomg is why I am on gaia... If they remove the game, I'll leave. Even though I've made many wonderful friends here biggrin I'm not going to just hang out in forums if there's no game to play. And of course I did meet most of my friends in zomg. xd

I really thought the success of dms would get zomg back on track and that we would soon see BB fully realized, and other new areas in the works. Sad sad sad....

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
RafiCat

I still have to get the rest of the recipes, and finish some quests. I hope that if and when I get home internet again there will still be players, and the game will still be here. rolleyes

It just is so frustrating and infuriating that the admin doesn't see the vast potential of this game. They've never really advertised it right? And of course interest drops off for many people after you complete everything - this is why most mmo's (or so I understand) add new content steadily.

zomg is why I am on gaia... If they remove the game, I'll leave. Even though I've made many wonderful friends here biggrin I'm not going to just hang out in forums if there's no game to play. And of course I did meet most of my friends in zomg. xd

I really thought the success of dms would get zomg back on track and that we would soon see BB fully realized, and other new areas in the works. Sad sad sad....

Perhaps this will put your mind at ease a bit. smile
swarf
Gaia is absolutely NOT going to close down zOMG. zOMG is here to stay. It's that we don't have any updates in the pipeline.

You can find the entire discussion with Swarf HERE.

As for the concerns you once voiced re: nobody still playing zOMG!/DMS when you get back.
Don't worry.
With a few "high-profile" exceptions, the majority of us are still struggling valiantly to make it to Kam's first form, much less her second, and I'd be willing to bet that the majority of us will still be trying to get to her when you return full time.
Heck, in my case, even on the two occassions I've been lucky enough to get an invite directly to her Blood Lust form (still haven't even met first form yet), something has conspired to ensure that she remained intact.
The first time, it was the fact that it was 4 o'clock in the blessed AM and we were woefully unprepared, being a rag tag Crew of first-timers.
And just now, we were frustrated in what might have been a successful attempt by the lag monster.
45 minutes of smooth, efficient teamwork, for a lousy 2.5k off her HP because she kept regenerating during every 10, 15 and 20 second lag spike we encountered.
I learned a lot about fighting BL Kam today, including never to go against her on stale Servers. wink

7,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
WideEyed
hntwilley1
WideEyed
hntwilley1
so there is really no point in getting attuned to defeate kamila

I honestly wouldn't say that.
zOMG! isn't dead yet. It's merely being put back into "maintenance mode", which basically means no new content, no fixes for existing bugs, and no Events.
And even that might change.

zOMG! is still up and running as usual and I haven't heard anything that would imply it's going to actually be shut down at any point, so I'd say "go for it".

DMS and Kam are pretty Epic and a huge amount of fun, and who knows?
In the time it takes for us to finally get through DMS and craft our Recipes, things might actually change for zOMG!

I know I'm not quitting the game, and I'm not giving up on it either.
DMS isn't fun for my anymore it used to be and now that I'm an 11.6 i've lost all interest

That's unfortunate.
I'm still looking for my first Kam kill, (actually, I need to meet her first, but you get the drift), and there's not a chance I'm giving up before I get her in both of her forms. smile
I want to get to her too. maybe im just too busy ill try when im not as busy
Oh well.
If Zomg is no more, ill just go back to Tinierme. 4laugh
[insert evil laughter]

Conservative Citizen

I haven't been around for a few weeks, because I've been moving. To get on today after getting everything fixed up only to see that zomg will be no more is severely disappointing. It's true that before I left, I took a small hiatus from DMS because the hours I spent in it were giving me Kamila dreams. eek

Zomg was/is the only game I play online, or period aside from console games. It's the main reason I still came to Gaia. The new game looks like crap to me, and I loathe facebook connect games. I won't be playing it. I also love the false hopes the devs spread around too. So glad I threw money at something they canned. It's no wonder people don't want to donate. How many features has this site seen that have had money thrown at them, only to fall to the ground? Too damn many.

And to see that topic about High Fantasy posted on the 29th of January, meaning they gave us.. what, 3 months of DMS before finding out about our game being crushed? Gee, thanks for the first update in years and canning it not even six months later. Boy do I appreciate that.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Spifficated
I haven't been around for a few weeks, because I've been moving. To get on today after getting everything fixed up only to see that zomg will be no more is severely disappointing. It's true that before I left, I took a small hiatus from DMS because the hours I spent in it were giving me Kamila dreams. eek

Zomg was/is the only game I play online, or period aside from console games. It's the main reason I still came to Gaia. The new game looks like crap to me, and I loathe facebook connect games. I won't be playing it. I also love the false hopes the devs spread around too. So glad I threw money at something they canned. It's no wonder people don't want to donate. How many features has this site seen that have had money thrown at them, only to fall to the ground? Too damn many.

And to see that topic about High Fantasy posted on the 29th of January, meaning they gave us.. what, 3 months of DMS before finding out about our game being crushed? Gee, thanks for the first update in years and canning it not even six months later. Boy do I appreciate that.

Hey Spif! heart
Long time no see!

There's been a huge amount going on since I first heard the news Saturday morning and now.
Both [JK] and Swarf have posted saying that zOMG! is not going to be pulled any time soon, if ever.
While they both did confirm that we've been put into "Maintenance Mode", which means no new content, no glitch repairs and no Events (although they did offer the tiniest glimmer of hope for recycled Events), they were both pretty adamant that zOMG! will indeed be kept alive, so even though the news does suck, it's not as bad as I had first feared.

I know I'm still spending my children's inheritance on Powerups. (or I would be, if I had children. wink ) and still planning on giving Kam a whooping if I can ever actually get to her!

Nice to see you back! smile

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Oh well.
[insert evil laughter]

Don't be heading out the door just yet!

We have heard directly from Swarf and [JK], and they both say that zOMG! will not be pulled.
They did confirm we're being put into stasis (Maintenance Mode), but things should keep running as they have been, so keep your Rings handy! smile

Conservative Citizen

WideEyed
Spifficated

Hey Spif! heart
Long time no see!

There's been a huge amount going on since I first heard the news Saturday morning and now.
Both [JK] and Swarf have posted saying that zOMG! is not going to be pulled any time soon, if ever.
While they both did confirm that we've been put into "Maintenance Mode", which means no new content, no glitch repairs and no Events (although they did offer the tiniest glimmer of hope for recycled Events), they were both pretty adamant that zOMG! will indeed be kept alive, so even though the news does suck, it's not as bad as I had first feared.

I know I'm still spending my children's inheritance on Powerups. (or I would be, if I had children. wink ) and still planning on giving Kam a whooping if I can ever actually get to her!

Nice to see you back! smile

Thanks for the welcome and as always, good to see you as well. : ]

I get that Zomg isn't going to be removed, but it might as well be. Userbase will move on, like it always does. If not for the fact that there's something new, the statement, "No more events, no more new content and we're not fixing glitches" is a big '******** you' in my eyes. Who wants to stay around knowing if they get a glitch, SOL for them? People are glitched in DMS and won't see a repair, what's the point after that? I dunno. Hooray for not taking down the servers but it isn't promising to me.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Spifficated

Thanks for the welcome and as always, good to see you as well. : ]

I get that Zomg isn't going to be removed, but it might as well be. Userbase will move on, like it always does. If not for the fact that there's something new, the statement, "No more events, no more new content and we're not fixing glitches" is a big '******** you' in my eyes. Who wants to stay around knowing if they get a glitch, SOL for them? People are glitched in DMS and won't see a repair, what's the point after that? I dunno. Hooray for not taking down the servers but it isn't promising to me.

Well I can't really argue with you a whole lot on that, but I'm feeling a lot better than I did on Saturday morning after having heard from [JK] and Swarf who both seemed pretty determined that zOMG! will keep running.
I know the Maintenance Mode thing totally sucks, and I'll really hate having no Events, but it's not really anything new when you get right down to it, and we still have DMS to conquer.
I don't know how much progress you've made since we last Crewed, but I'm still literally months away from craftng my Bloodbat, and I'd imagine that a lot of people are in a similar situation.
I'm hoping that DMS can keep enough people occuppied and entertained long enough that we may still see something new and positive for our game.
This is a pretty passionate and devoted Community we have here, and if any group of people can knock some sense into the heads of the Exec, it's us! blaugh
WideEyed
Hug My WaTer MeAt
Oh well.
[insert evil laughter]

Don't be heading out the door just yet!

We have heard directly from Swarf and [JK], and they both say that zOMG! will not be pulled.
They did confirm we're being put into stasis (Maintenance Mode), but things should keep running as they have been, so keep your Rings handy! smile

Oh ok, thats nice to hear. To be honest, I'm kinda glad they have this whole maintenance thing going on, since I'm so far behind in Zomg, now I have time to catch up.
Omg imma be hated for that post

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Hug My WaTer MeAt

Oh ok, thats nice to hear. To be honest, I'm kinda glad they have this whole maintenance thing going on, since I'm so far behind in Zomg, now I have time to catch up.

I won't tell anyone if you don't...... wink
i dont know how to play the zOMG but i want to learn..

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
nozomikizumi
i dont know how to play the zOMG but i want to learn..

Well you're in luck!
When I came to zOMG!, I had never played any kind of MMO before, but I found the people in the z!F (this Forum) to be incredibly nice and eager to help. heart
You won't find an activity on Gaia that is more thoroughly documented, or populated with people who love to share their knowlege of the game with others.

If you want to get a basic understanding of how to play before you go in, try The Newbe's Guide to zOMG!, then if you'd like to have someone actually go into the game with you and guide you around a bit, try Marshall's Little Helpers.

We're like any large community insomuch as you'll find a wide variety of people here, (some nicer than others wink ) and we do squabble among ourselves from time to time, but overall, we're a pretty nice, enthusiastic and fun group of people, and we're always happy to share our love of the game with new players. blaugh
WideEyed
Hug My WaTer MeAt

I won't tell anyone if you don't...... wink

ilu redface

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out