Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
zOMG is really the only way i can earn actual money on here .
It's bascially my life .
I some of my greatest friends on zOMG ,
and I really have no clue what i'll do with my life if it gets shut down .

iI honestly hope that more users will post in this thread ,
just so the creators and admins see that without zOMG ,
a ton of their users will be gone .
A ton of the gaiia cash i buy , I spend on zOMG things ,
So they'll acutally lose money too.
I really hope that this is some big prank . :L

Barton Sweetheart

The news was broke late last night its not even 12 hours old yet so some have not heard of it and others are asleep or busy and so can not post about it.

But I think a sad turth is the fight has gone from many of us, I mean we kick up and other users call us brats I saw the post awhile back) not knowing were trying to do something, the gold farmers dont care they only moan when a nerf is put in place. Heck I wish I could find the staff quote from an ATA that said Maybe youve been told the news but dont want to hear it - I am 90 sure it was staff but never found it.

I am gutted okay yeah its a game big deal so what, but my friends list on Gaia is made up of zOMG people that I have met whilst crewing, whilst posting, whilst doing zOMG things without zOMG Id have a empty list.

Heck Ive done zOMG related things in real life I like zOMG if I didnt I would not be playing the game and just be posting in the forums.

What REALLY REALLY makes me annoyed is this, the new game must have been getting worked on when We were asking about zOMG and so plans to put it on hold would have been known, but not one staff member could turn around and say something like Its not a good outlook talks about putting it on hold after the new area is out oh look how easy was that to type?

Sorry about all that, any spelling errors I sort out later.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
Personally, I'm not surprised that they aren't working on zOMG or adding anything new to it for a while. DMS is still relatively new, and a large percentage of users still have yet to complete it, let alone complete any recipes. We still have TONS to do in DMS, and it will keep us busy for a long time to come. It makes sense that they would work on other things in the mean time, while we still make our way through DMS.

Before DMS was released, the world and his wife has beaten EB a bajillion times, so we were in need of something new. But now we have something new, and something HUGE at that, that takes many many hours to do. This doesn't mean the end, it's just a rest for zOMG.

Oh, I definitely have to agree with you there.
I have yet to actually face Kam, and am months, if not years away from crafting my Bloodbat.

DMS has the potential to keep me, and a lot of people entertained for a long time to come.

Still, that does not change the fact that [JK] is saying that zOMG! is done.
There will be no future development ever, and no Events are planned.

Gaia seems to have decided that zOMG! has reached it's maximum potential, and cannot rationalise any further expenditures on something with it's limitations.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Coughin
Loki_Dragon
WideEyed
Loki_Dragon
WideEyed
Loki_Dragon
crying What no more zomg crying

Not "no more zOMG!" so much as nothing new, and no Events ever again, until it finally dies from neglect and lack of interest.

But i just finished shallow seas yesterday. I finally have all normal rings and am leveling them up for DMS. Whats the point if zomg is on the slow burner for death.

I honestly don't have a good answer for that question.
I too am feeling rather abandoned and aimless with regards to zOMG! right now.
At least you still have DMS to experience, and it is definitely worth experiencing!

Still, I can't see me getting the 8800 blood droplets I still need in order to craft my Bloodbat recipe.
That would be months, if not years of grinding, all for an Item who's soul purpose, (for me at least), was to wear while playing zOMG!

With zOMG! officially pronounced dead, there's not much inspiration for that long a quest to be honest.

really whats the point now for me trying to get a bloodstone item. If i want into DMS i will have to wait for the free passes. This makes me sad. No more events either. I was looking forward to both Easter and Halloween events this year.
Exactly, I've been questing the bloodstone gem for such a long time, and finally got it, selling the items I don't need but really want, and deciding if it's worth it, such a waste if zOMG is gone.
zOMG is the ideally the main reason why most users get onto Gaia, and I am included, so if zOMG is gone then... no more Gaia emo

Plus, the new game that they're putting much efforts on, looks like it's just going to be one of those games on FB, useless

True. I think that the new fantasy game looks great, its also the type of game I normally play. I just hope that its on Gaia not facebook, though i wont get my hopes up.

Cold Creature

its not gone yet... but I feel your pain biggrin

Don't give up on zOMG! just yet !!
If zOMG goes then I feel it will have a MAJOR impact on gaia what the heck could they be thinking?
I know a whole bunch of people would leave

King Noob

Coughin
Loki_Dragon
WideEyed
Loki_Dragon
WideEyed
Loki_Dragon
crying What no more zomg crying

Not "no

wow I almost bought the bloodstone this week....I'm glad I didn't....

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Grace Gubreez
WideEyed

."

Wow just heard the news today. Have to say I agree with everything you said.

And....what they are showing us as the new "replacement" for zomg.....is not a GOOD replacement....

Well, I'll have to give Gaia the benefit of the doubt with regards to the quality of the New Game.
It might just prove to be amazing.
The thing is, if I wanted a new game, there's a million of them for me to have tried.
Heck, a lot of the games they advertise right here look very pretty and might prove to be a lot of fun.

But they're not zOMG!

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I've actually gotten a few people to join Gaia just because they saw me killing things on Zomg. It is the best game to have hit gaia, and they need to maintain it.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
WideEyed
Grace Gubreez
WideEyed

."

Wow just heard the news today. Have to say I agree with everything you said.

And....what they are showing us as the new "replacement" for zomg.....is not a GOOD replacement....

Well, I'll have to give Gaia the benefit of the doubt with regards to the quality of the New Game.
It might just prove to be amazing.
The thing is, if I wanted a new game, there's a million of them for me to have tried.
Heck, a lot of the games they advertise right here look very pretty and might prove to be a lot of fun.

But they're not zOMG!

I agree with you

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Zealand_Aquarius
The news was broke late last night its not even 12 hours old yet so some have not heard of it and others are asleep or busy and so can not post about it.

But I think a sad turth is the fight has gone from many of us, I mean we kick up and other users call us brats I saw the post awhile back) not knowing were trying to do something, the gold farmers dont care they only moan when a nerf is put in place. Heck I wish I could find the staff quote from an ATA that said Maybe youve been told the news but dont want to hear it - I am 90 sure it was staff but never found it.

I am gutted okay yeah its a game big deal so what, but my friends list on Gaia is made up of zOMG people that I have met whilst crewing, whilst posting, whilst doing zOMG things without zOMG Id have a empty list.

Heck Ive done zOMG related things in real life I like zOMG if I didnt I would not be playing the game and just be posting in the forums.

What REALLY REALLY makes me annoyed is this, the new game must have been getting worked on when We were asking about zOMG and so plans to put it on hold would have been known, but not one staff member could turn around and say something like Its not a good outlook talks about putting it on hold after the new area is out oh look how easy was that to type?

Sorry about all that, any spelling errors I sort out later.

I have to admit that on some ocassions, I have found myself wondering if there's as really many truly devoted zOMGaians as many of us believe, or if the passion and determination of that handful, makes it seem to be more.
Still, I can't help but believe that the revenue generated by zOMG! has to have increased dramatically since the release of DMS.
I guess it just wasn't enough.

I can't blame the staffers for not letting us in on the truth though.
Having been in the working world for over thirty years now, I know all too well, the deceits that people are forced to perpetrate in order to keep their jobs.
It's just an ugly fact of life, and I don't blame our devs at all.
It also wouldn't surprise me to find that many of them, [JK] for sure, were fooling themselves as well, and hoping against hope that zOMG! would survive.
We all tend to do that from time to time when it's something we really want, so I can't fault them for being human.

Original Genius

16,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
Loki_Dragon
Coughin
Loki_Dragon
WideEyed
Loki_Dragon

But i just finished shallow seas yesterday. I finally have all normal rings and am leveling them up for DMS. Whats the point if zomg is on the slow burner for death.

At least you still have DMS to experience, and it is definitely worth experiencing!

Still, I can't see me getting the 8800 blood droplets I still need in order to craft my Bloodbat recipe.
That would be months, if not years of grinding, all for an Item who's soul purpose, (for me at least), was to wear while playing zOMG!

With zOMG! officially pronounced dead, there's not much inspiration for that long a quest to be honest.

really whats the point now for me trying to get a bloodstone item. If i want into DMS i will have to wait for the free passes. This makes me sad. No more events either. I was looking forward to both Easter and Halloween events this year.
Exactly, I've been questing the bloodstone gem for such a long time, and finally got it, selling the items I don't need but really want, and deciding if it's worth it, such a waste if zOMG is gone.
zOMG is the ideally the main reason why most users get onto Gaia, and I am included, so if zOMG is gone then... no more Gaia emo

Plus, the new game that they're putting much efforts on, looks like it's just going to be one of those games on FB, useless

True. I think that the new fantasy game looks great, its also the type of game I normally play. I just hope that its on Gaia not facebook, though i wont get my hopes up.

Hopefully it's on Gaia, and of course, not all Gaia users has FB or wants to make a FB to play the replacement game. Fingers crossed for now
Coughin
Loki_Dragon
Coughin
Loki_Dragon
WideEyed
Loki_Dragon

Hopefully it's on Gaia, and of course, not all Gaia users has FB or wants to make a FB to play the replacement game. Fingers crossed for now

It will be just on facebook because everyone knows everything is on facebook now. They should rename the site gaia/facebook while they are at it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff