Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Updatish things:

CATS is apparently for the iPhone and other related iDevices. It's also now called "Rumble Kitten" (thanks jonjon21428 )

Heralds of Chaos trailer released

Become a BETA tester for Gaia's High Fantasy adventure!

ATA 4/30-2012: High Fantasy preview videos

---
Panagrammic
No, definitely not anything like Monster Galaxy. Some of the thematic elements in the art might bear some resemblance, since, after all, it's many of the same artists -- but definitely a very different game.

Panagrammic
We're planning (but plans change!) to have the high fantasy game available on Gaia simultaneously with the release on FB, although it won't be Gaia canon.

---

No idea if this has been posted yet. Apparently I am the first person to post, so have a quick rundown of what I can remember:

- Deadman's Shadow is now live, Bloodstone items and all that jazz.
- Outfit Marketplace and Bidblast are both a thing. Use them.
- Moga ISO app. Use it. Android App in the works. Apps everywhere for your mobile devices.
- Monster Galaxy is coming over to Gaia without the need for Facebook connect. Every user who has a previous game on Facebook will be given the one-time option to port their game to Gaia. Once you opt-in/out you will not get another chance.
- Two new games: "high fantasy" (no name given) and a cat-themed game with a Dickensian Londonesq setting. Not sure if these are Gaia games or Facebook games.
- Several new Facebook games that are out, but have not been publicized. One called Summer Springs, and another one called Soul Crash... I guess.
- ALCHEMY. Is being looked at. There was a 3-4 hour meeting this last week over some of the issues raised in Site Feedback, with more to come. If you have problems with Alchemy, I urge you to relentlessly post in Site Feedback so the staff can see just how many users are affected by the chance-based, unbalanced nature of the feature.
- There is a feature in the works for users to create their own items (??), and there will be more item-design contests in the future (I was leaving for another panel at the time, so I need confirmation here)

That's all. If someone else who was at the panel has more information, than by all means please post and I'll add the info here.

Now, enjoy quality photos of powerpoint slides:

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Trash Bear

I hope it shows up on this site because those designs are lovely. It will most likely be another FB game. emotion_drool

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
100K they're both Facebook games.
Pardon me while I go flip a table.
(These are actually going to be on THIS site, right?!)

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

kurl
I hope it shows up on this site because those designs are lovely. It will most likely be another FB game. emotion_drool

Panagrammic was moved to FB development. There are some new games for 2012 that were actually termed "facebook" games, but as I personally have no love for facebook, I figured I'd leave those games to someone with more enthusiasm.

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
On-site: Good then.
On FaceBook: Well...be that way!
Either way: I won't play them probably...
User Image
MistressMinako
kurl

Panagrammic was moved to FB development. There are some new games for 2012 that were actually termed "facebook" games, but as I personally have no love for facebook, I figured I'd leave those games to someone with more enthusiasm.

Wait, so you were at the convention?

Was there a presentation on these games? What did they say?

So are these definitely not Facebook games?

Given that not a lot of people go to this convention, you might be the only GCDer to post about it. So . . . spill the beans.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

ROMVLVS
100K they're both Facebook games.

emotion_donotwant

neko-axe
Pardon me while I go flip a table.
(These are actually going to be on THIS site, right?!)

We'll see. DJ Helsing's phrasing was kinda vauge.

Reindeer

this looks ******** amazing

Dangerous Loiterer

So, does this mean they're done with Monster Galaxy now? Because Gaia tends to forget about
    old projects when they create new ones...

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

CleoSombra
MistressMinako
kurl

Wait, so you were at the convention?

Was there a presentation on these games? What did they say?

So are these definitely not Facebook games?

Given that not a lot of people go to this convention, you might be the only GCDer to post about it. So . . . spill the beans.

Oh yes I was there. I'm actually surprised no one's apparently posted about this yet because the room was fairly full (granted the panel was during the Masq and only an hour long...).

DJ Helsing couldn't say much. He talked a mile a minute because he only had about a half hour to talk about zOMG, Monster Galaxy, these games, and games he specifically termed "Facebook" games (summer springs and some fighting game... neither of which I bothered photographing). As far as I could tell, these might actually be games for Gaia, based on the context of the presentation, but I'm not 100% sure so don't get your hopes up.

DJ Helsing just showed us the slides, told us the games "are coming" and for the CAT game told us that it has Dickensian-era Londonesq setting.

6,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
CATS. emotion_awesome

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Caerthakatha
    So, does this mean they're done with Monster Galaxy now? Because Gaia tends to forget about

Being a hardcore zOMG player, I don't pay any attention to Monster Galaxy. He talked about MG's Zodiac Isle(?) expansion and the upcoming port to Gaia without using Facebook connect, saying that there will be a one-time option to port your save data from Facebook or start a totally new, independent game on Gaia.

But no, no further expansions for MG were discussed.

A Friend

They both look so goshdarn pretty. I want to see the high res version of all this art holy s**t man.
Even if it ends up being on Facebook, I'd be willing to try it out, just for the visuals.

BUT OH MAN. Remember when we didn't take everyone and push them into another feature? Those were the days.

Dangerous Loiterer

MistressMinako
Caerthakatha

Being a hardcore zOMG player, I don't pay any attention to Monster Galaxy. He talked about MG's Zodiac Isle(?) expansion and the upcoming port to Gaia without using Facebook connect, saying that there will be a one-time option to port your save data from Facebook or start a totally new, independent game on Gaia.

But no, no further expansions for MG were discussed.
    Ah, I see. Not that I even bothered looking at Monster Galaxy, but it's nice to know they haven't
    taken their usual course of action as they did for a while with zOMG! while Monster Galaxy was
    in the works.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces