Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think Gaia should give zOMG! back?

Yes. 0.71 71.0% [ 71 ]
Nope. 0.01 1.0% [ 1 ]
Indifferent. 0.1 10.0% [ 10 ]
Poll Whore 0.18 18.0% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

MiIiyah
for reasons concerning td;lr, you should try promoting the ctrl + F feature (or for macs, the command + F feature)
smile
Yeah, I was considering that. Maybe in the contents or the start of each section.
It might take a little work. So maybe a feature to implement when I have the time.

Thanks for another suggestion.
EPIC BUMP!!!

Rawr.
Updates:

06/10/2010 -- Made a signature.

Undead Enchantress

TheMostMalignantScourge
Hm...
Are there better loot/recipe threads than Bria's guide?
Yes, the guide is very informative and accurate.
However, the guide is difficult to navigate through for loot and recipes.
confused

(And the pretty anime-monster pictures don't work so well anymore for me.
Maybe it is just me?? haha)

On a side note:
Did you mention the loot list, character info, etc. functions
that are in the game itself?

Buff checks are fairly nuts
when people do not know about character info
with everyone shouting out what they have.

They start swapping out rings
without listening to the designated buff-checker
and it becomes a mess.

Thank you for your suggestions! I will think of a way to include them soon! xD

Erynne
Loot and Recipes
Try that one.

Aah, yes! That would be a good idea to include that!

--

Thanks both of you for suggesting things I hadn't thought of previously! xD
Updates.

08/10/2010 -- Aekea and Durem areas -> common threads list.

Mega Hoarder

Excellent job jz! I tipped your second post.

Now, if we can just get people to read it... mrgreen
RafiCat
Excellent job jz! I tipped your second post.

Now, if we can just get people to read it... mrgreen
Yes!
Well, all well that ends well.
So, hopefully it will be read. Maybe it needs more posts, then people will be swayed by the extravagant layout.

(The banners are coming!!!!)

Thanks for the tip.
/me feels like he is doing all the bumping...
...The issues I have with the thread at this time is that... when I read it from an "I don't know something about zOMG" and an "I have an idea for zOMG" standpoint, I'm left with these sorts of impressions:

1) It's so strict here~ If I don't follow these instructions, I'll probably be flamed... maybe I'll just keep to myself~...

2) I just asked one question... and I got my answer, but why did I have to go through so many other questions just to find it?~

3) ...Well that was a waste of time~ I should have just made a thread to begin with~

So... well, the main thing I felt when reading this thread is that it makes me feel like I have to know about a reasonably large portion of zOMG if I want to make a post here... or if I have a "typical" question, I shouldn't ever post~

It just feels slightly... slightly contradictory~ A forum is supposed to be open for discussion; this makes me feel as if these forums... aren't~

Plus, while the questions are organized, I feel it still jumps around all over the place~

And aside from that, I would imagine this makes the zOMG forums even more boring for regulars, even if the questions are ultimately repetitive~

Yes, it does touch upon all the repetitive threads... but... I feel like how it is now, it would ward off any potential new forum lurkers/regulars just looking for something zOMG related to do~

I know I'm being really negative (sorry!~ x.x; ) about the thread... and I'm probably just overthinking all this too... but well, it doesn't really feel like a proper guide (can't think of what to call it to be honest)~ It's like a forum guide to these forums... which is just odd to me~ ^-^;
Fr33d0m4ever
...The issues I have with the thread at this time is that... when I read it from an "I don't know something about zOMG" and an "I have an idea for zOMG" standpoint, I'm left with these sorts of impressions:

1) It's so strict here~ If I don't follow these instructions, I'll probably be flamed... maybe I'll just keep to myself~...

2) I just asked one question... and I got my answer, but why did I have to go through so many other questions just to find it?~

3) ...Well that was a waste of time~ I should have just made a thread to begin with~

So... well, the main thing I felt when reading this thread is that it makes me feel like I have to know about a reasonably large portion of zOMG if I want to make a post here... or if I have a "typical" question, I shouldn't ever post~

It just feels slightly... slightly contradictory~ A forum is supposed to be open for discussion; this makes me feel as if these forums... aren't~

Plus, while the questions are organized, I feel it still jumps around all over the place~

And aside from that, I would imagine this makes the zOMG forums even more boring for regulars, even if the questions are ultimately repetitive~

Yes, it does touch upon all the repetitive threads... but... I feel like how it is now, it would ward off any potential new forum lurkers/regulars just looking for something zOMG related to do~

I know I'm being really negative (sorry!~ x.x; ) about the thread... and I'm probably just overthinking all this too... but well, it doesn't really feel like a proper guide (can't think of what to call it to be honest)~ It's like a forum guide to these forums... which is just odd to me~ ^-^;
I think I know what you mean. It could be similar to those threads that occasionally sprout in the Q&A, SF and even here where a user sets a up a thread that acts like the entire forum thus removing the purpose of having a forum. Some of those forums have deemed threads like those as spam and mods bin them.
Fr33d0m4ever
...The issues I have with the thread at this time is that...

[quote cut]

I know I'm being really negative (sorry!~ x.x; ) about the thread... and I'm probably just overthinking all this too... but well, it doesn't really feel like a guide~ It's like a guide to these forums... which is just odd to me~ ^-^;
Yes, point taken. I do know what you are saying, and yeah; it is a bit harsh.
I think I will take your suggestions (or better, comments) and make some changes to make it a bit more... jovial, if you will.

Maybe I can change around some sub-titles and edit the descriptions a little to make it a little nicer. I do know what you are saying, and you are right in every way.
The thread was just a personal way of saying that people are asking stupid questions all the time and it is getting rather irritating saying the same thing over and over again.

I think, that most of the issue is with the common threads section. Which does need some trolling adjustments.

Thanks for your comments, I will try to append the thread accordingly.

EDIT: Page stretch fixed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces