Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Valheita
Bah, I can't think of a response that doesn't sound horrifically condesending or sarcastic, and I'm missing my movie.

Lets just leave it at: While they can wait for Chapter 2 to implement it, I personally don't think that it's a wise move to just neglect Chapter 1.

Also, I don't take kindly to the door comment. I'm trying to help the game, believe it or not, and telling me to stop playing is downright rude.

Anyway. Off to watch a movie.

Yeah I guess I was a bit rude, but I guess you may say I took my "tone" from you comments to me. I play hard ball now a days. I've defend zOMG for a long time and for some...person to say it's dull is going to ruffle my feathers. If you want to help that's great but you make it sound like you dislike everything about zOMG. You find it "dull" And "not any good", if you feel that zOMG is that bad and seems to not have any redeemable qualities I don't see how you can help. You have decided it suck it seems so telling you to find another game more to your liking seems the right thing to say.
Have fun with your movie, I have cardiologist appointment to get ready for.

Tipsy Elder

Sensual Soul
Valheita
Bah, I can't think of a response that doesn't sound horrifically condesending or sarcastic, and I'm missing my movie.

Lets just leave it at: While they can wait for Chapter 2 to implement it, I personally don't think that it's a wise move to just neglect Chapter 1.

Also, I don't take kindly to the door comment. I'm trying to help the game, believe it or not, and telling me to stop playing is downright rude.

Yeah I guess I was a bit rude, but I guess you may say I took my "tone" from you comments to me. I play hard ball now a days. I've defend zOMG for a long time and for some...person to say it's dull is going to ruffle my feathers. If you want to help that's great but you make it sound like you dislike everything about zOMG. You find it "dull" And "not any good", if you feel that zOMG is that bad and seems to not have any redeemable qualities I don't see how you can help. You have decided it suck it seems so telling you to find another game more to your liking seems the right thing to say.

He does that a lot -_-
User Image

Here's a scenario, Val.

Indestructable mini-boss (Indestructable as long as it stands inside the guard boundary) stands guard at a door to an instance area. Use RR4 Taunt from a distance to lure it out of its place. Otherwise, you can't do anything to move it. xd
If they can't squeeze this into Chapter 1, they can always do this with Chapter 2? smile

I think zOMG does need some more puzzle solving, but the devs might not want to push something like that when there's a crowded work area already...

4,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
You also have to remember that with all of the content they have already, they will need to find ways to put it in. For example, the lag we are already getting in these things has to be accounted for. Imagine the lag produced by three or four brain clams in SS, then combine that with a puzzle, which would take up even more bandwidth.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
xChem
Sensual Soul
Valheita

He does that a lot -_-

I've noticed that the few times I have posted with Sen I've had people out right flame me so I'm not surprised. It's the main reason I've started a new account and I do not play for but a few real friends to know what it is. smile Seems the only way to avoid the jerks on Gaia. Besides I've been asked to beta a closed beta off site. Quite interesting, it's going to be a good game if those devs listen to it's beta tester half as much as the zOMG devs listened to us. = )

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Sensual Soul
I think chapter one is great as it is. I don't see it as being bad. D: Sorry if you do, and if you do I don't see why you are bothering to play it. I don't think it suck as you seem to do. I think it's a lot of fun and I have played it from zETA till now.
Ignoring the pointless debate over whether it should start in Chapter 1 or 2, let's address this idea that I think it sucks.

Sure. I disagree with a lot of the changes. The boss system is overly restrictive and unintuitive, for example. But I never said the game sucks. Quite indeed, if the game sucked I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't give feedback.

You seem to mistake criticisms for the user thinking it sucked, which is kind of harsh D:

Sensual Soul
[Yeah I guess I was a bit rude, but I guess you may say I took my "tone" from you comments to me. I play hard ball now a days. I've defend zOMG for a long time and for some...person to say it's dull is going to ruffle my feathers. If you want to help that's great but you make it sound like you dislike everything about zOMG. You find it "dull" And "not any good", if you feel that zOMG is that bad and seems to not have any redeemable qualities I don't see how you can help. You have decided it suck it seems so telling you to find another game more to your liking seems the right thing to say.
Maybe stop playing hardball then?

I don't think it sucks. Please, try to realise that this is me trying to help. I'm offering criticisms, and suggesting solutions. That's how Beta is supposed to work.

xChem
He does that a lot -_-
Do what?

grounderous
If they can't squeeze this into Chapter 1, they can always do this with Chapter 2? smile

I think zOMG does need some more puzzle solving, but the devs might not want to push something like that when there's a crowded work area already...
Yeah, there's always Chapter 2. I just think there'd be a better flow with at least a hint of it in Chapter 1. Plus the aforementioned benefits to keeping players.
I can see it all now. There I am, locked in mortal combat with a horde of animated, my only line of defense being the trusty Ninja Set and certain buffs, along with a crew of zOMG!'s most knowledgeable players by my side. We're all on our way to take down the Stone Coatl, but before we can even access her throne room, we must bypass a locked entrance to gain access.

How do we do this one might ask? Simple, move around the respective pillars in said room, (that just magically appeared right now ninja ), into each indention in the floor. Apparently, there is a correct order that will unlock the seal to her chamber, but what is it? Your guess is as good as mine, but if we don't get it right, animated spawn! gonk

Fantastic idea, Val. I really love the potential this feature could have. Incorporating ring functions to have more purpose than just beating down an animated would definitely spice this game up. To extrapolate on your idea, (and the aforementioned), one could use Bump to move around pillars or circumvent obstacles impeding further exploration. Not only that, but perhaps My Density could shrink users down to a minuscule size that would let them slip through certain crevices, allowing them to explore hidden areas and acquire more orbs, items, and maybe even animated!

Quotable Genius

Here's some ideas for everyone to chop into little pieces and stuff. :3

An "actual" maze. One where you end up in a different alteration of the maze depending on which cardinal direction you exit out of it. e.g. The forest puzzle in DMC4. In DMC4's case, the clue to get out was to "follow the light", aka take the exit the shadows are pointing to, or else you get sent to another area, or a dungeon with monsters. Little clues and enviro-puzzles like that mixed with exploration is what zOMG needs. (though DMC4's case wasn't really a "maze" wink

I posted this before somewhere... Evolving Rings. Once a ring reaches a certain level (any level I don't care, how about CL5) you can talk to an NPC to start a series of side quests that are like trials for you. When you complete the trials, for example, your Solar Rays becomes a Solar Blast, or Dervish becomes Hurricane, Rock Armor > Steel Armor, etc etc...

Have bosses (very rarely) drop a ring that ONLY that specific boss can drop. AKA you can only obtain that ring from that boss. E.g. Kat's Doll can VERY RARELY drop a ring that lets you throw fans like the dolls do. EB drops a ring that lets you shoot missiles, or deploy deathmines I dunno.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Zhoer
I can see it all now. There I am, locked in mortal combat with a horde of animated, my only line of defense being the trusty Ninja Set and certain buffs, along with a crew of zOMG!'s most knowledgeable players by my side. We're all on our way to take down the Stone Coatl, but before we can even access her throne room, we must bypass a locked entrance to gain access.

How do we do this one might ask? Simple, move around the respective pillars in said room, (that just magically appeared right now ninja ), into each indention in the floor. Apparently, there is a correct order that will unlock the seal to her chamber, but what is it? Your guess is as good as mine, but if we don't get it right, animated spawn! gonk

Fantastic idea, Val. I really love the potential this feature could have. Incorporating ring functions to have more purpose than just beating down an animated would definitely spice this game up. To extrapolate on your idea, (and the aforementioned), one could use Bump to move around pillars or circumvent obstacles impeding further exploration. Not only that, but perhaps My Density could shrink users down to a minuscule size that would let them slip through certain crevices, allowing them to explore hidden areas and acquire more orbs, items, and maybe even animated!
That's an option, though I was thinking for My Density, that maybe you could have underground areas which can be accessed by having a certain collective weight on an area. My Density would be great for that.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Kahru Serizawa
An "actual" maze. One where you end up in a different alteration of the maze depending on which cardinal direction you exit out of it. e.g. The forest puzzle in DMC4. In DMC4's case, the clue to get out was to "follow the light", aka take the exit the shadows are pointing to, or else you get sent to another area, or a dungeon with monsters. Little clues and enviro-puzzles like that mixed with exploration is what zOMG needs. (though DMC4's case wasn't really a "maze" wink
I like, I like.

Or one like the Room of Amaunator in Baldur's Gate II, where you have to only step on the tiles that spell Amaunator or you'll die horribly.

Perfect Saint

Valheita
I like, I like.

Or one like the Room of Amaunator in Baldur's Gate II, where you have to only step on the tiles that spell Amaunator or you'll die horribly.
Me no likee! I hate these things that require hand eye coordination and timing. Let old RPG traumas lie. No...don't touch me Amaunator!

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Myrielle
Valheita
I like, I like.

Me no likee! I hate these things that require hand eye coordination and timing. Let old RPG traumas lie. No...don't touch me Amaunator!
D:

The tiles were pretty big...

Perfect Saint

Valheita
Myrielle
Valheita
I like, I like.

D:

The tiles were pretty big...
I'm...er...um...dyslexic?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out