Welcome to Gaia! ::

Valheita
PowderedVinegar
NO.

we need unique things.
Rule whatever of the internet.

Everything is a repeat of a repeat.

well when you were talking about switches it remined of the macbeth battle in starfox and these other ideas poped in. i kinda just chattered more then anything else. but in order to accomplish these goals the path to get them is a royal pain in the a**. some harder then others.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I said I would not post anymore with this account.....but.........

Okay so you want more content? Are you thinking as "bored cl 10s" or as beta tester helping to finish what is suppose to be chapter one of a ongoing MMO?

I would love to see puzzles in zOMG, more challenging game play. But really, if you look at the game with the eyes of a new player, is there not plenty to do? Yes, I know we CL 10's have done it all, a number of times even. But what I would like now is for this chapter to come out of beta and for the devs to start on the new chapter. New chapter would bring new content and new challenges. I would love, L O V E to see puzzle based game play in Chapter two. I have suggested it many times. But for those things to be add and for Qixter and the guys to keep rewriting this part of the game, meaning chapter one, to keep the "bored cl 10's" happy means a longer wait for the next chapter. Well I don't know about you, but I would much rather they finish balancing things and fixing the glitches and get it done then for them to keep adding and rewriting this chapter.
I have love all the changes but we do want beta to end right? How can it if you keep wanting the devs to keep adding more and more content? We do want them to start on chapter two right? I know I do, and I'm even hoping they will let me have just a little input in things, like they have done with this chapter. I'm ready for chapter one to leave beta and chapter two to be developed.
Valheita
PowderedVinegar
NO.

we need unique things.
Rule whatever of the internet.

Everything is a repeat of a repeat.
copypastas are taking over? OHGODWRY

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Sensual Soul

Okay so you want more content? Are you thinking as "bored cl 10s" or as beta tester helping to finish what is suppose to be chapter one of a ongoing MMO?

I would love to see puzzles in zOMG, more challenging game play. But really, if you look at the game with the eyes of a new player, is there not plenty to do? Yes, I know we CL 10's have done it all, a number of times even. But what I would like now is for this chapter to come out of beta and for the devs to start on the new chapter. New chapter would bring new content and new challenges. I would love, L O V E to see puzzle based game play in Chapter two. I have suggested it many times. But for those things to be add and for Qixter and the guys to keep rewriting this part of the game, meaning chapter one, to keep the "bored cl 10's" happy means a longer wait for the next chapter. Well I don't know about you, but I would much rather they finish balancing things and fixing the glitches and get it done then for them to keep adding and rewriting this chapter.
I have love all the changes but we do want beta to end right? How can it if you keep wanting the devs to keep adding more and more content? We do want them to start on chapter two right? I know I do, and I'm even hoping they will let me have just a little input in things, like they have done with this chapter. I'm ready for chapter one to leave beta and chapter two to be developed.
I think you sound more like the bored C.L. 10.0 xd After all, Chapter 2 would provide you with a -lot- of new content to do... if you're already 10.0 (which I'm not >.< wink

Personally, I'd like to see Chapter 1 made more interesting, to try and capture new players by giving them something other than mindless slaughtering to do (not that mindless slaughtering isn't fun mind).

I think rushing out of beta is a bad idea, 'specially as this is the area that makes or breaks the game.

Also, what's wrong with your account? o.o;; (PM me if you want)

Tipsy Elder

jw, but what's with you and dungeons? Some fantasies you want to have with your girl friend that you never got around to slipping through your feedback on zOMG?

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
xChem
jw, but what's with you and dungeons? Some fantasies you want to have with your girl friend that you never got around to slipping through your feedback on zOMG?
I was raised on dungeons and dragons ._.

Tipsy Elder

Valheita
xChem
I was raised on dungeons and dragons ._.

Thus proving my point. :P
IN-YOUR-END-O!

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
xChem
Thus proving my point.
IN-YOUR-END-O!
talk2hand

Tipsy Elder

lawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawlawl
sorry, I'm hyper for some reason.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Valheita
Sensual Soul

I think you sound more like the bored C.L. 10.0 xd After all, Chapter 2 would provide you with a -lot- of new content to do... if you're already 10.0 (which I'm not >.< wink

Personally, I'd like to see Chapter 1 made more interesting, to try and capture new players by giving them something other than mindless slaughtering to do (not that mindless slaughtering isn't fun mind).

I think rushing out of beta is a bad idea, 'specially as this is the area that makes or breaks the game.

Also, what's wrong with your account? o.o;; (PM me if you want)

Sen is cl 10 but I'm not playing on her. I've started another mule at the beginning and I'm not bored. There is plenty to do. And as with many games the first chapter is fairly "mindless" It get more intense as you play each chapter. Although to me zOMG has it's challenges, granted it is a lot of point, shot, and kill but then as you move on there are a few twists in the story, if you follow it? With the development of the story in chapter two I can see the game changing and shifting to a bit more complex a game. Oh and I have suggested that Qixter think about doing something with the G'hi. If anything I would love some puzzle like quest through the development of this very under-developed part of the game. D:< He's just not talking to me!

Lonely Dragon

Puzzles sound cool but they need to be different every time, or at least most of the time.

What we need are more random events, like changes in the weather, rain, sudden appearances of large amounts of animated, deathmines appearing from the whirlpool to attack unknowing CL 10s hanging around there, sudden missile strikes from Airshark in areas apart from barton, wind slowing us down, explosions... stuff like that, so you never know what is gonna happen.,

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Sensual Soul

Sen is cl 10 but I'm not playing on her. I've started another mule at the beginning and I'm not bored. There is plenty to do. And as with many games the first chapter is fairly "mindless" It get more intense as you play each chapter. Although to me zOMG has it's challenges, grated it is a lot of point, shot, and kill but then as you move on there are a few twists in the story, if you follow it? With the development of the story in chapter two I can see the game changing and shifting to a bit more complex a game. Oh and I have suggested that Qixter think about doing something with the G'hi. If anything I would love some puzzle like quest through the development of this very under-developed part of the game. D:< He's just not talking to me!
I thought zOMG! wasn't supposed to be like every other game?

Making the first chapter dull just so that there's more of the game seems like shooting yourself in the foot to me, since people won't bother playing through a dull chapter.

The way I see it, in my I-have-not-talked-to-devs ignorance is, you can add new content to this chapter, or make a new chapter with new content. The latter gives you more new stuff, but at the cost of a less stunning first chapter. The former gives you less new stuff, but keeps it more interesting for those coming into the game.

I quite agree that there's already plenty to do, but it's fairly repetitive. Kill this. Farm that. Kill that over there. Etc... This is trying to add something other than killing to zOMG!.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Valheita
Sensual Soul

Sen is cl 10 but I'm not playing on her. I've started another mule at the beginning and I'm not bored. There is plenty to do. And as with many games the first chapter is fairly "mindless" It get more intense as you play each chapter. Although to me zOMG has it's challenges, grated it is a lot of point, shot, and kill but then as you move on there are a few twists in the story, if you follow it? With the development of the story in chapter two I can see the game changing and shifting to a bit more complex a game. Oh and I have suggested that Qixter think about doing something with the G'hi. If anything I would love some puzzle like quest through the development of this very under-developed part of the game. D:< He's just not talking to me!
I thought zOMG! wasn't supposed to be like every other game?

Making the first chapter dull just so that there's more of the game seems like shooting yourself in the foot to me, since people won't bother playing through a dull chapter.

The way I see it, in my I-have-not-talked-to-devs ignorance is, you can add new content to this chapter, or make a new chapter with new content. The latter gives you more new stuff, but at the cost of a less stunning first chapter. The former gives you less new stuff, but keeps it more interesting for those coming into the game.

I quite agree that there's already plenty to do, but it's fairly repetitive. Kill this. Farm that. Kill that over there. Etc... This is trying to add something other than killing to zOMG!.

zOMG is still based on a story, and as such will develop as the story does. Unless you take the story out there will be a "flow" to how this game plays that is similar to all story based games. Not the same but similar. Can't get away from that I'm afraid.

And I don't think zOMG is dull. But if you don't like it....*points to door* Seems the game is holding quite a lot of people enthralled the way it is now, or zOMG would not be number two in the list of top browser games.

As for the repetitiveness of the game, I agree it sucks. But repetitive is how people learn. And if it was made to complicated people would say it was to hard. There is a balance the devs have to get and it's not so easy. I would love puzzle add too but I think it would make more sense to have those in the next chapter. Do you have any idea how many people have a hard time just getting out of the sewers still? Simple as you can get but they can't seems to do it. Experience will teach them how to work the game and with that the challenges should increase. Chapter one is fine the way it is, repetitive and all. By the way, you get grind in all games, on and off line. It's a learning tool as I've stated. Not much fun but part of the way you level and learn. Adding more and more stuff to do just will keep the one chapter in beta. I'm sure that the upcoming changes will help you enjoy the game more then you do now but to add all new content? No I think the events are enough. Time to finish it and move on.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Bah, I can't think of a response that doesn't sound horrifically condesending or sarcastic, and I'm missing my movie.

Lets just leave it at: While they can wait for Chapter 2 to implement it, I personally don't think that it's a wise move to just neglect Chapter 1.

Also, I don't take kindly to the door comment. I'm trying to help the game, believe it or not, and telling me to stop playing is downright rude.

Anyway. Off to watch a movie.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Valheita
Sensual Soul
zOMG is still based on a story, and as such will develop as the story does. Unless you take the story out there will be a "flow" to how this game plays that is similar to all story based games. Not the say but similar. Can't get away without that I'm afraid.
This idea has naught to do with story though. It has to do with making a more interesting environment. You want to attract players to the game, you don't do that by using cookie cutter boss encounters.

Now, forgive me if I misinterpret your words, but it -seems-, that you don't want them to make Chapter 1 any good. You want them to just fix the glitches, throw it out there, then work on a Chapter which doesn't, dare I say, suck horribly. And I know/think that's not like you, which is somewhat confusing.

Anyway, I've got to go for the night now, but I will check back in about 12 hours time. Assuming I can wake my lazy a** up.

I think chapter one is great as it is. I don't see it as being bad. D: Sorry if you do, and if you do I don't see why you are bothering to play it. I don't think it suck as you seem to do. I think it's a lot of fun and I have played it from zETA till now.

How to explain it.... I'm a sculptor, when my hammer impacts that stone I leave a mark that I have to work with, I can improve on it and change it but the end result is that I have the fist thing and it is either good or not. zOMG is good. All the change have made it better. Adding to much stuff to it will over burden it and cause things to not flow as well. Progression of the game is great, with the added linking quest that were added from Basskin to O.A. you have a steady forward movement. The Boss encounters are set up to be playable by any skill level player so that everyone can have fun with them. Are the encounters "cookie cutter"? A bit perhaps, but they need to be or you would loss the people that don't want to work to hard. It's not a hardcore game and was not meant to be for the beginning, but even so the devs are trying to please a lot of people. I don't want to rush them out of beta but I don't think that they really need to do much more to the game. Unless they feel they need to. If anything some more mini games could be added but that too would have to be integrated not just into the game but into the story somehow. The puzzles are a great idea, one I had a long time ago but I'm wondering how much they can do with that idea without changing everything again.
Even a minor change to us, is a major change for the game is all I'm saying. I'm sorry you don't think zOMG is fun. I still don't get why you are here if you find it dull though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff