Pet System 0.36082474226804 36.1% [ 105 ]
Clan Areas 0.079037800687285 7.9% [ 23 ]
Pollwhoring with NPCs? 0.28522336769759 28.5% [ 83 ]
Total Votes:[ 291 ]

Ungoliath
Captain Caffeine
Beyond_Rain
Area: Quest
Summary: Emotion bubbles, and perhaps different emotion type affects, could be quested for. Giving one more reason to find certain monsters, or go to specific parts of the maps, and gives a new drop. Instead of being given these emotions from the start, players would gain and gather them, adding a new category of collection and badges, and another reason to explore the areas
Explanation: Emotion bubbles, and other emotion type actions are normally just a given fact that is integrated and not thought of in mmo's. Questing after certain emotions adds a new element to the game. Also, it gives incentive to actually use that portion of the game, and as emotion bubbles are a communicative tool should be thought of important in a community style game. In the end, they'd be another collectible, always a wonderful thing, and a goal. You'd hear "let's go get the ninja emotion" or "I want the Grinning emotion!!!11!111!1" These could be a drop, found in chests, quested after, a different reward to choose from, dozens of ways to be gained. The Crying Emotion could only drop from certain monsters, the Laughing Emotion could be gained from a certain quest, and the Blushing Emotion as a rare drop from a certain boss. Dozens of ways to implement these, and give another reason to go back to visit things done, or keep going certain places, or even crew up so a particularly hard emotion can be obtained.
Pictures and ExamplesNone needed, the Emotions already exist, just need to redo how they are obtained.

I LOVE THIS IDEA! Definitely the most original and suits ZOMG perfectly! This would be a better reward than rings!!! I'd love a devil and angel emoticon and maybe a prayer emoticon! Maybe borders around our speach bubbles too like we have in these forums!
GREAT IDEA!!!

Emoticon for using on the game or to use as an equipable? >_>

Emoticons for in game use. Like how other games have the player able wave, or bow, or dance, Gaia and zOMG has emoticons. And unlike those other mmo's, this is a game based on a community of players, made for us, not a game that a community then builds around. In so saying that, then communication and like-wise Emoticons become an important aspect of the game. They shouldn't be tossed in as a simple add on, they should be rightly respected.

I didn't even know they existed in game till I came across someone randomly going through some in a corner of the Zen Gardens.
The Form

Area: Feature
Summary: On forums we have the ability to change our posts with different boarders. While zOMG has a different color scheme for the different chats, they should still be customizable. In addition chat bubbles should still appear in clan and crew speech, but only visible to those included.
Explanation: Customization as well as ways to individualize options are a good way to make a player feel in control of the game, as well as personalizing the game to their liking. One of the ways to do this is to be able to customize the chat bubble boarders in zOMG, as already seen in the forums. This gives a sense of power, is one more addition to add to a long list, customization (as long as it isn't cumbersome) makes players feel better. It is also individualistic, allowing for certain people to be more recognizable.

I also think this can be taken further, to be able to change the colors of the different chats. If I spend my time mostly in the crew chat, I may want a different color to look at then the blue. What if I don't like blue? Or that red of the yelling. It's a nice basic color for yelling, and I agree with it, but I might make it pink so it doesn't glare so much. Just a thing to think about. And just to clarify, when I talk about turning my crew speech to Green, I mean that I see the crew colors in Green, not that the other crew members do. It's a personal option on my screen to see how I want to see, I don't need to annoy everyone else with a yell that is in yellow.

And as mentioned in the summary, chat bubbles shouldn't only be for yelling and talking, they should be for all the different chats. I understand that often times crew or guild members are not in the same screen, but I've had people complain about going into crew chat because he couldn't see the bubble. If someone starts complaining about the bubble, then that can be easily toggled off, and no more bubbles, however players who'd like them cannot very well script them in when they'd like.

These ideas are about personalizing zOMG, much as Gaia is able to be personalized with signatures and different chat boarders and colored text. Personalization adds time to the game, allows for more repeated play because things are friendlier. As long as it is not cumbersome, personalization makes things friendly to the players. And a friendly features to a game, any, and specifically zOMG is a good thing.

(Due credit should go to Captain Caffeine, I just thought that there should be an official . . if that is what one can call this . . report of the idea.)
Pictures and ExamplesNone given, everyone should be familiar with different boarder styles and colored texts.

Timid Genius

The Form

Area: Ring Set
Summary: The Cerberus Set - The effect of this set => As your health gets lower, your Damage increases and your accuracy decreases. Doesn't take effect until Health is less than 1/4 of max.
Explanation: It's a set of rings listed below.

Area: Rings
Summary: Bite of Cerberus
Explanation: Superb attack at melee range, no added effects, with long cooldown.
Pictures and ExamplesMore rage used = more heads

Summary: Orthus' Embrace (Orthus was Cerberus' brother)
Explanation: Usable only on allies. Increases damage significantly, but drops accuracy significantly. VERY SHORT DURATION with long recharge.
Pictures and ExamplesWolf head bites down on your head from behind.

Summary: Claw Swipe
Explanation: Medium Damage, melee range, medium cooldown. Added effect: the target is now crippled, it's movement speed is slowed significantly for a very short duration. More rage means more damage, the added effect never changes.
Pictures and ExamplesClaw marks in front of you. More rage => more claw marks.

Summary: Hellish Howl
Explanation: Deals damage to enemies in a line at the target (much like shockwave ability in WC3). The more rage used, the longer the range. Damage is medium, recharge is medium.
Pictures and ExamplesDog head appears in front of you and lets out a howl. The more rage the cuter and smaller the dog is. Full rage = Tiny Chihuahua.

Feedback?

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Here's a suggestion: FIX THE DAMN LAG!!!

Distinct Warlord

@ Java: I find the set name repetitive after the Demonic Set. The first ring is cool, but...well, hack is already there. The second one is more and less handy, but I will say that it works better as a short effect with somewhat medium recharge. The Accuary drop isn't needed as I see it.
The fourth one is actually pretty cool...I would make a ring for this set to make all the animated in the area forming some kind of line. Sounds really useful. Of course, they all aggro to you but I can work cool.
The Form

Summary: "Community Ring"
Explanation: We need more passive rings so how about one called the "Community Ring" which fills up your Ghi to 50% by simply wearing it! Perfect for soloers and the fact that it fills up a ring slot makes it worth it.
Pictures and ExamplesI'd love the ring itself to play on some Indian culture and feature a lotus blossom on it.

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
im thinking ring combo attacks,new areas *an egypt one would be most awesume*and ive almost beaten game and how bout a fighter ring *would let you jump and dash for keyboard players for the sake of us zomg swordsman*so a dodgeing dashing ring would be nice
and a heat seeking missle ring *shots nearest ememy mid range doenst have to target to be used slight explosion low-mid damage*
or how bout more beast rings a dragon or suzaku would be interesting
oh we need dark demon rings
oh and what i came to yet agian request, a ring trade...where people with rings of similar cls can trade rings

Timid Genius

Ungoliath
@ Java: I find the set name repetitive after the Demonic Set. The first ring is cool, but...well, hack is already there. The second one is more and less handy, but I will say that it works better as a short effect with somewhat medium recharge. The Accuary drop isn't needed as I see it.
The fourth one is actually pretty cool...I would make a ring for this set to make all the animated in the area forming some kind of line. Sounds really useful. Of course, they all aggro to you but I can work cool.

Hmmmm, Bite of Cerberus was kinda tough. I wanted it to just be a normal attack, but fit in with the set...
I was thinking possibly making it a really short cooldown (like faster than mantis) with low damage. More rage = more heads, more attacks at once.

For Orthus' Embrace, I was thinking like double damage for like 5-10 seconds and a 15-30 minute cooldown. The accuracy decrease is to prevent abuse, people using hack and dealing upwards of 500 damage.

I liked your suggestion about making them stand in a line, but it would be really tough to do programming-wise.
I'm working on another set idea too...

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
how about being able to win a grunny sub for your aquarium as a drop loot????id really liike that since the subs were soo cool....or heck items that were for things besides your avi like houses...*wink wink*

charish669's Spouse

7,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Got a couple ideas. Been trying to think of some ways to suggest "Orb Sinks" for all those excess orbs that are building up on some people's accounts(inevitably, on everyone's account if new rings don't come out very soon). Failed at thinking up anything for that, but thought of a couple things I didn't see on the first page:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Form

Summary: Null Portal (maybe "Backspace" to go in the computer-pun direction)
Explanation: Creates a portal that teleports anyone who clicks it back to the Null Chamber. One-way, with short duration(5 seconds?) and long re-use time to prevent abuse. Similarly, could make it only able to teleport the wearer to Null, but that doesn't seem as fun....
Pictures and Exampleshttp://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc136/PM-/nport.png

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Form

Area: Features
Summary: Suicide.
Explanation: Allow the user to instantly kill themselves whenever they want, to get back to the Null Chamber. Comes with the same locking penalties as regular death/daze. Still viable even if the "Backspace" ring is created, due to penalties. Maybe have it cost orbs to use it from the menu, to prevent abuse? Could create it as a ring rather than a feature.... but no it'd be pretty stupid to use it in that case.
Pictures and Examples (1)Whenever someone gets "stuck" they can easily get out of it. (2)If someone wanders deep into SS and/or kills everything, it'd be just about the only way out, barring relogging. (3)Any "you won't take me alive" situation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Codebreaking Survivor

[ Person Man ]
Got a couple ideas. Been trying to think of some ways to suggest "Orb Sinks" for all those excess orbs that are building up on some people's accounts(inevitably, on everyone's account if new rings don't come out very soon). Failed at thinking up anything for that, but thought of a couple things I didn't see on the first page:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Form

Summary: Null Portal (maybe "Backspace" to go in the computer-pun direction)
Explanation: Creates a portal that teleports anyone who clicks it back to the Null Chamber. One-way, with short duration(5 seconds?) and long re-use time to prevent abuse. Similarly, could make it only able to teleport the wearer to Null, but that doesn't seem as fun....
Pictures and Exampleshttp://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc136/PM-/nport.png

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Form

Area: Features
Summary: Suicide.
Explanation: Allow the user to instantly kill themselves whenever they want, to get back to the Null Chamber. Comes with the same locking penalties as regular death/daze. Still viable even if the "Backspace" ring is created, due to penalties. Maybe have it cost orbs to use it from the menu, to prevent abuse? Could create it as a ring rather than a feature.... but no it'd be pretty stupid to use it in that case.
Pictures and Examples (1)Whenever someone gets "stuck" they can easily get out of it. (2)If someone wanders deep into SS and/or kills everything, it'd be just about the only way out, barring relogging. (3)Any "you won't take me alive" situation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

probably one of tha best suggestions. but thats ma opinion xP

Shirtless Superhero

The Form

Area: Rings (Possibly part of a set)
Summary: Raging Demon Ring
Street Fighter Homage (HADOUKEN!)
Explanation: Requires Level 3 Rage (always)
Travels a short distance at first, but subsequent levels allows user to glide further
User is invincible during the move
Drains all stamina and Rage, but is Instant KO
"A ring that has been imbued with the power of a legendary warrior...Only the truly worthy are able to fully control the demonic energies within...May his power help you vanquish the Animated threat for good..."
Pictures and ExamplesUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff