Search Engine (Google, Bing) 0.090342679127726 9.0% [ 29 ]
Social Networks (FB, twitter) 0.049844236760125 5.0% [ 16 ]
Reckon by a friend/friends 0.62616822429907 62.6% [ 201 ]
Some email invitation idk.. 0.021806853582555 2.2% [ 7 ]
Don't remember 0.21183800623053 21.2% [ 68 ]
Total Votes:[ 321 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Agile Noob

Hey guys, may I know where do you guys heard about zOMG? I heard it via a friends in Chatango

EDIT: if you're looking for option "I was already in Gaia / heard it from Gaia" in poll, I already posted a specific thread in CB Yo CB! Gonna ask you something

iiNikki's Husband

Pure-hearted Bloodsucker

I was already on Gaia and tried it after the beta was opened. It was buggier and lagged more back then so I didn't get far at first, but used it to gain purely gain gold eventually. After DMS came out it quickly became the only reason I used Gaia, regardless of gold income because of the fun, casual style of gameplay.

Agile Noob

pyrotak
I was already on Gaia and tried it after the beta was opened. It was buggier and lagged more back then so I didn't get far at first, but used it to gain purely gain gold eventually. After DMS came out it quickly became the only reason I used Gaia, regardless of gold income because of the fun, casual style of gameplay.

Owh.. how cool

Spoopy Kitten

I was already on gaia. I didnt play it at all when it first came out. I head about the glitches and lag and didnt want to bother with it. A few months after, a close friend of mine started playing it and would tell me how much fun it was. I played almost religiously until Zen Gardens. I didnt want to go any farther than that because of how pretty it was there. My friend quit, so i also stayed there because i didnt know where to go after that. It took me about a year actually before i figured out where to go, then i stayed around papa saw to gold hunt until dms became free. Lurked there on and off ever since

Masamune Ash's Senpai

Obsessed Fatcat

my friend invite me join gaia...then i play all gaia game coz i so boring------n then booooom ..... i love this game !!!!!
the name of that game... " zOMG! "

Spantzz's Princess

Tipsy Businesswoman

I was already on Gaia when it came out. It was love at first site!
heart

Angelic Aura

The other forum I'm on had a thread on Gaia and zomg.
I was alone at Christmas after my parents just died, and when Ihad those nightmares, waking up crying, l would come on here and play.
My other videogames would make me cry because they were a family thing.
I could play zmogs by myself, but know that the other avatars were people out there somewhere. That really helped. I didn't ever talk much or crew up, but without zmogs help, I don't know what I would have done. It really helped me through one of the most abysmal times of my life.

Tyler558's Comrade

I joined for other reasons than zOMG.

As for the game, I heard of it when I heard of it while I was on Gaia. In its first stages I know what's up but I didn't start playing until it's been enhanced.

Sparkly Astronomer

13,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

In 2009(08-ish. was around when I was like 8 years old, I believe or when I was 10 years old, give or take, haha), I was getting bored with having absolutely nothing to do and I was searching around online for anything and came across GaiaOnline.

It was a completely different place to get used to, and it was amazing to see that it was anime-based, which was something I was excited to get fully immersed into because of these mini-events and these items you can get, the amazing community within guilds, clans, forums, chatter box, etc. And then there was this huge game in beta, zOMG!. I first got into zOMG! around 2010, and was absolutely stunned not only by how many people came and played it, but the graphics and the music that played alongside the game.

It's the place where I've met most of my friends, and honestly in my opinion much better than trying to be friends with the on-rising "afk" people in Towns 2. Best time of my life, especially the levelling up process -- and the crew-making, with crews you sometimes get to know who these people are behind these pixels, and it's fun -- on occasion. Also, to not forget the events that occur there from time-to-time, an example would be the April Fool's prank in Bass'ken Lake. It brought people together, to fight (not really, we died a horrible death (numerous times to be exact) ) the Buzzkill's.

When zOMG! was taken away, I felt very torn because of how much of an impact in communication to friends it gave, not only me, but a lot of other people who played this game. Whenever I felt stressed out, playing zOMG! actually made the stress (and time) cease. In some way, it sort of helped me chill out, get to know people, defeat monsters, level up and learn the story of the Animated (and to level up huehue).

I'm rambling on way too much at 7PM.. xD But that is all I have to say.

zOMG! was *and* is an amazing game. p:

Agile Noob

Lucien Kun

zOMG! was *and* is an amazing game. p:

Yep

Divine Senshi

11,850 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
I just happened to be on gaia when it became playable

Sarcastic Assailant

45,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Spirit Hoarder 500

I filed an application, and helped test the game in its CB phase. It was ludicrously glitched, one of the biggest issues seemed to be adapting it to work with all web browsers.

My initial impression of zOMG, was that it was the 'worst' MMO I 'ever' had the displeasure of logging into. However it morphed slowly into an entertaining social function. The endearing quality of zOMG in the end, had nothing to do with gameplay... it was about having the ability to individually progress, form 'teams', and communicate in the pursuit of an objective.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I was on Gaia when they added a page to the site that described the game while it was still an up-and-coming feature. It didn't even have a release title at that point; zOMG! was originally the working title, IIRC, so they decided to let us choose the release title by voting for it. I knew I wanted to play as soon as I saw the webpage announcing it, so when they announced they were seeking closed beta testers and asked us to fill out an interactive questionnaire to determine our eligibility for it, I was on that from the word "go". I was chosen to participate in closed beta from... I believe it was the third or fourth week or so on. The little details like that are very fuzzy. What I do remember, though, is that you didn't access the game on Gaia proper; you had to log into a testing site they made specifically for testing zOMG! during closed beta, and that a serial number they gave you determined when you could start playing and needed to be put in somewhere while logging into the testing site.

Mon's Pardner

Rebel Entrepreneur

16,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
i was in the close beta group. back then was known as zetas.
where the poll option for that surprised

Agile Noob

iFaiji
i was in the close beta group. back then was known as zetas.
where the poll option for that surprised

Dun have one, cause it's not taken into account razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas